Forum Settings
Forums
Sankarea
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2011 11:22 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I’ve finally gotten around to reading Sankarea Chapter 14, although I actually received the February 2011 issue of Bessatsu Shounen magazine last week. The chapter starts on page 70 with the summary of the previous chapters, and continues on to page 106.

There is no color page for Sankarea in this issue. The chapter title is “Romantic”, in katakana, and the subtitle in English is “Planet Terror”. (Once again the English subtitle seems to have nothing to do with the actual chapter.)

Some

Spoiler

Space

Although

I

Won’t

Be

Giving

Away

Important

Details

Anyway

Darlene fixes Rea’s arm, and then gives Rea some background information on her days as a zombie researcher. In particular, Darlene tells one “cautionary tale”, which Rea surprisingly finds a little “romantic”.

In the meanwhile, Chihiro becomes even more confused about his feelings for Rea, and his general feelings of inadequacy, particularly in light of Darlene’s obviously superior knowledge and skills.

But Ranko finds Chihiro and eventually cheers him up by reminding him of the time that he saved her. (Now we know better why Ranko has more than “cousinly” feelings for Chihiro.)

There’s no special fan-service this chapter, but Darlene does look nice in the borrowed yukata. Next episode will be at the Festival.
Jan 27, 2011 7:27 PM
Oct 2009
Sad to see Rea mind starting to lose it. Also wonder if that woman in the past was Furuya's mother?
Jan 28, 2011 12:43 AM

Jan 2009
Something I find amazing about the guy drawing this, is that he's excellent when it comes to drawing good-looking females.
Just a little detail I've noticed.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 28, 2011 12:59 AM

Sep 2006
So there's more to the zombie preservation thing other than just trying to save the flesh, but also Rea's sanity as well. She seems like she's already halfway there, with her weird behaviours the past 2 chapters.

The story's not slow but, you just get the feeling time moves so slowly, since they said 2 weeks and it doesn't quite tally with reality. Unlike other stories where timescale is not important, or they fast forward thru the days. But like I said, it's not a bad thing, just something I felt kinda awkward.
Jan 28, 2011 8:53 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Cannibalism is romantic? Yea....only a zombie would think that. If she really does start to lose her sanity, I wonder how this story will go.
Jan 28, 2011 10:57 AM

Nov 2008
KuroDubZero said:
Cannibalism is romantic? Yea....only a zombie would think that. If she really does start to lose her sanity, I wonder how this story will go.

She has the same look on her face when she said that as she did when she kiss/bit Chihiro.

BTW - the idea of sex and food being closely related has been around for a long time. For example, check out the Japanese movie, "Tampopo" for an entertaining Japanese take on the theory...
Jan 29, 2011 11:58 AM

Dec 2010
Eat him, Eat him, Eat him!!!
Jan 29, 2011 3:42 PM

Jun 2009
Omg Rea. <3

But there i though this won't have anything to do with usual zombies we know from movies/games, yet it's got. Great chapter though.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 29, 2011 11:21 PM

Sep 2009
Good chapter. I just can't get enough Rea.

This once a month thing is killing me though. I start forgetting that I'm currently reading Sankarea and when I do read the new chapter sometimes it's hard to remember what happened before.
Feb 4, 2011 8:07 PM

Jan 2010
*Its kinda Romantic

well i think she likes romance suicide xD
Feb 4, 2011 10:14 PM

Jun 2010
Damn...this will be fun. XD
Feb 9, 2011 9:48 AM

Nov 2009
KuroDubZero said:

I think if it does go in that direction, if done correctly, I think the story could be concluded very well. Some 'sad' (deaths, etc.) endings can be extremely good, depending how the scenes are drawn and executed.

I don't mind which direction the story goes in, I just hope that it is done well.
Feb 22, 2011 2:31 PM

Oct 2010
"I love these cute animals so much <3~~

*CHOMP *CHOMP

So I eat them."

Such infallible logic.
Mar 7, 2011 1:50 PM

Nov 2008
Interesting, I wonder if the zombie shown here was the same as the one from the little girl's dream?

I'm starting to have thoughts about how this will actually end. There doesn't seem to be a "cure" to bring her back nor a way to "preserve" her.
Mar 9, 2011 10:50 AM

Oct 2010
What I feared of last chapter happened in the spoiler
and TBH that was freaking disgusting! I can't believe that Darin of all things would go as far as cutting trough her head. That was not cool at all of Darin. On the other hand I loved Rea's reaction to Darin inquisition of her loving Chihiro. Her face said it all.

The start of Darin's story of sample Ay104 was another fear factor of this manga (BTW liked the ZOMA abbreviation). Apparently she was like Rea except 2 weeks after the disgusting part of her eating the very animals she loved made me fear for Chihiro. He may be in danger if it happens to Rea.

The third part of this chapter is really touching with Ranko comforting Chihiro and telling that story of hers whom she has still a mark of that dog bite. Apparently Chihiro is the kind of guy that gets his guts up as he has to. In the end it came as a good resolution with Ranko actually putting his hand between her breasts. Point still goes back to her really caring for him. A lot more than it was shown before.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 7, 2011 12:16 PM

Nov 2007
the beginning was once again creepy. man if Rea goes crazy at least he has a nice hot normal girl like Wanko to be around....

did that zombie that ate animals look like the mother to anyone else?
May 2, 2011 4:04 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Ah this would fit in a chapter of Franken Fran....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 1, 2011 12:37 AM
Mar 2009
Aww, Ranko is such a striptease. At least Furuya managed to cop a feel, lol.

Hmm, it seems like we might get a yandere just yet.
Jul 5, 2011 10:30 AM

Apr 2009
Things are going to get ugly pretty soon if they don't find solutions to those two big problems they are facing now: long-term preservation of Rea's body and prevention of her lapse into zombie instincts.

After her story, my suspicion about Kurumiya lying about "post fresh zombie states" has lessened considerably, but the possibility still exists that she may be wrong and Rea may prove to be an exception, or that a solution to prevent that from happening may exist.

Ranko to the rescue for Chihiro, just in time!
Aug 14, 2011 5:24 PM
Feb 2011
Blow under the belt from Kurumiya there. The fact she gloats about him not knowing the basics and then keeping him in the dark to boot is infuriating. He's the one who's actually researching how to preserve her body, the least she could do is help him. Rea could've stood up for Chihiro as well, she's the one who wanted to live a normal life, and that doesn't include him as her lap dog. If she had wanted to be kept under constant supervision, she could've stayed with her father.
So what's she gonna do now? Not telling him anything so he doesn't worry and yelling "surprise!" when things get real bad? Leave, after all he's done for her? I hope she won't "sacrifice" herself for Ranko's sake (which I feel is about to happen).
Shit's gonna hit the fan pretty soon, apparently. How long has it been since she fed?

I guess that was Chihiro's mother in the flashback? How surprising~
On a more serious note, pretty creepy face Rea was making there. D:
godspeedspikeAug 14, 2011 5:38 PM
Mar 9, 2012 9:14 AM

Jul 2009
Oosran said:
Something I find amazing about the guy drawing this, is that he's excellent when it comes to drawing good-looking females.
Just a little detail I've noticed.

Well, would it be this good a manga if he couldn't draw good-looking females?
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Apr 13, 2012 6:49 PM

Apr 2011
So i'm assuming that the zombie was Furuya mother.
Jul 30, 2013 4:34 PM

Jan 2013
Good chapter, remember some of this from the anime. It's coming to the end of the anime adaption.

More topics from this board

» Sankarea Chapter 56.1 Extra Discussion ( 1 2 )

End - May 27, 2015

95 by Kitsu-nee »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 56 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Sep 5, 2014

83 by Kitsu-nee »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 4 Discussion

Laevantein - Mar 17, 2010

49 by Kitsu-nee »»
Oct 29, 2023 3:20 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 1 Discussion

RobinotX - Mar 6, 2010

15 by removed-user »»
Mar 4, 2023 6:57 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Chapter 13 Discussion

dbaranyi - Dec 15, 2010

26 by Niamhyuwu »»
Oct 15, 2022 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.