Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2011 4:36 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Omega Red? Now things have started to get interesting.
DoomCraftJan 23, 2011 10:56 AM
Ara ara.
Jan 23, 2011 5:11 AM

Sep 2010
A new character :) Sounds like its start to be more interesting!
Jan 23, 2011 8:35 AM

Jan 2011
OMEGA FUCKING RED FTW!!!!

Another Fantastic episode, this is shitting on Iron Man. And oh god that OST, they played that godly Kikyo theme song at the beginning of the episode again....I gots to get this damn soundtrack.
Jan 23, 2011 11:47 AM

Apr 2010
Okay let's see a few things now.

Kikyo's sword length still bothers me... how can he store that in his arm whilst bending... And also... when the hell did he put a cloth around it for a grip? And why is the grip going back into the arm? He can cut through a car no problem but can't cut through Wolverine claws? So what material is his sword made from?

What the hell was Yukio doing all that time... she could've helped out from the beginning right?

When he cut wolverines face... how come it took so long to heal? Adding to that... how did he heal SEVERAL GUNSHOTS much faster? Consistency in the healing factor is really bad in this anime. Oh and did his body just swallow up the bullets O_O?

When they were jumping up the staircase... Logan had a clear moment to drop kick Kikyo in the face... and yet he chose to jump right past him... seriously? And OMG The fighting animation was repeated over and over... when they were on the staircase... the whole move set was repeated =_='

Kikyo had some kind of Air Pressure Arc Projectile thingy that hit Wolverine... now as far as i can tell... that shouldn't be possible with normal strength... which means Kikyo has Super-Human-Strength?

I like it when Logan says BUB ^_^

I am still wondering about that Dagger Yukio is holding.

That bit with the YOU KILLED ASANO was just ridiculous...

When Wolverine and Yukio are running... Wolverine said something about Yukio being a weird woman...what was that all about?

When they were in Yukio's place (i assume) Did she just pull that out of what seems to be a Skin-tight suit? We couldn't even see any trace that she was hiding that in her clothes... =_=' I couldn't stop laughing at that.

Then... OH! 3 episodes in and we have flashbacks? Hm... now what can i say about that?

So the first half of the episode so far... Pretty bad...

When the Kuzuryu saw the Molotovs being thrown... they just stood there like monkeys wondering what it was going *OH!AH! OOH!OHH!AOH!OH!AH!* i mean what the hell?

In this confusion... that idiot decides to get out of his car? What?!

Nice throws by Wolverine though.

Then! Whilst the ship/boat was on fire... the people stayed on there trying to put it out?! Are they crazy?! Clearly the whole boat is being engulfed in flames... Shouldn't it be like super hot for normal humans to even stand close to that fire rather than in the fucking middle?

One second wolverine jumps down in front of everyone... and the next the guy in the white suit is suddenly inside his car trying to escape? And the driver is stupid enough to actually stop the car?! And then instead of telling his driver to run Wolverine over... he fucking get out of the car himself?! With just a single pistol?!?! What the crap is going on man?!

But then... the only good thing to come out of this episode occurred... The appearance of Omega Red... Who is one of the people who can fight wolverine head on... but eventually still lose. Because those tentacle type thingies aren't really made of Adamantium. And that Wolverine can keep healing himself.

Omega Red standing in the midst of those flames? I guess that's actually okay... because it Omega Red and not a normal human.

So over all... pretty bad episode... But the cliffhanger is all right i guess...

Oh and also... is that Sabertooth in the ED sequence? I'm sure in the ED sequence we see wolverine facing off with someone who seems to look quite like Sabertooth... if that is going to take place in this anime... I must keep watching it... or else I'm fucking dropping it now... this episode was atrocious.
Jan 23, 2011 12:45 PM
Dec 2010
Eh, personally only thing I don't like so far is Omega Red. Imo, there are better villains they could've put in there, hell even Leady Deathstrike would've been a better choice. Just my opinion though, pretty kickass anime so far though.
Jan 23, 2011 2:28 PM

Nov 2009
I welcome Omega Red.

Boring episode, and CrazeH247 pointed out a lot of bad points too. Looks like we are in for a bad guy of the week style for this marvel adaption as well...

This right now has not risen above Iron man yet for me.
Jan 23, 2011 2:51 PM

Dec 2008
This episode was kinda dull. May have to drop this soon if it doesn't pick up.
Jan 23, 2011 3:42 PM

Mar 2009
CRAZEH247 said:
Okay let's see a few things now.

lol I put your quote in a spoiler to save room.
I’m putting my own comments in spoilers as well when something’s more than 2 lines long. I don’t abbreviate with chat code crap because I don’t like it when people talk to me using that so I don’t use it.
I wanted to say though that I agree with what you said, I found too many inconsistencies in this episode.

windeen-windyJan 23, 2011 7:17 PM
Jan 23, 2011 6:34 PM

Aug 2010
OHH SHIT OMEGA RED, SHIT JUST GOT REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Jan 23, 2011 7:33 PM

Feb 2008
CRAZEH247 said:
snip flamming ep3 wolverine

I'm 100% agree with you, i was gona to drop wolverine till the final minute and pum omega red show up, my favorite character of maverl vs street fighter ( Psx )

But yeah , prety awful ep,To many stupid errors and inconsistencies in logan powers, also he looks have extra espare of jackets, cuz kykio cut logans jacket then in the next scene ( When logan talk to the woman ) his jacket was fixed instantly, I'm bet the fight within Omega red and logan it whould be a crap...

If this keep going like this, with such stupids and dulls errors, gona drop it in ep 4 or 5
This marvel adaptation is terrrible crap, alsmot at the same point as iron man
ArpadiamJan 23, 2011 7:40 PM

Jan 24, 2011 12:54 AM
Oct 2009
I don't know who this Omega Red guy is, probably because of the same reason I found this episode to be pretty amusing. Also, many of the "inconsistencies" you guys found were actually lack of attention. There are way too many, so just some examples:

What the hell was Yukio doing all that time... she could've helped out from the beginning right?

It's pretty obvious that she doesn't want to call unnecessary attention, and Logan didn't want her help anyway.

When they were jumping up the staircase... Logan had a clear moment to drop kick Kikyo in the face... and yet he chose to jump right past him... seriously?

Yeah, because it would be very smart to risk having your leg ripped off by his sword. Just because Logan heals himself quickly, it doesn't mean that an opponent of Kikyo's caliber can't use this opportunity of disadvantage at his favor.

There were mutants in UK/Ireland, Africa(Storm of the X-men is a good example there) and other countries so… why wouldn’t there be any in Japan?
That just doesn’t make any sense either >_>

It's not like there shouldn't be any mutants in Japan, but Logan simply never saw one there, so his comment makes perfect sense.

I would have thought the criminals would have grabbed the drugs and run them off to safety instead of leaving them there to burn while trying to fight the flames- those flames had a LOT of fuel so they seriously were not going out anytime soon or easily.

But that was precisely the intention of fighting the flames: so they could get the drugs and escape.
Jan 24, 2011 6:35 AM

Sep 2009
MeltyxBlood said:
OHH SHIT OMEGA RED, SHIT JUST GOT REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

same thing I wanted to say

man the ending was just awesome!
Jan 24, 2011 6:47 AM

Feb 2008
Tomah said:
I don't know who this Omega Red guy is

Omega Red Wiki

Jan 24, 2011 11:28 AM

Feb 2009
ITT: People nitpicking about minor fight details, mutant powers and events -_-

My only qualm is Logan sucking up those bullets like a Terminator.
Other than that, this is definitely getting better and has now surpassed Iron Man.
Omega Red showing up just made my day, though I have this tendency to not like a voice of a character when it's different from what I imagined. But I'll get used to it, just like I got used to Logan's voice now and liking it with each episode.

Not gonna lie though, I was expecting a Tsubame Gaeshi from the samurai enemy xD.
Jan 24, 2011 12:19 PM

Jan 2010
Omega Red looks like a Detroit Metal City fanboy!

And all major enemies are stronger than Wolverine and now with Omega Red in the picture..good luck Logan!

I still felt this episode was kind of slow though.

Jan 24, 2011 12:44 PM

Jun 2010
The first part had much of action, nice fight.

Still I'm not excited for this one.
Jan 24, 2011 3:02 PM

Jul 2007
Tomah said:
I don't know who this Omega Red guy is, probably because of the same reason I found this episode to be pretty amusing. Also, many of the "inconsistencies" you guys found were actually lack of attention. There are way too many, so just some examples:

It's pretty obvious that she doesn't want to call unnecessary attention, and Logan didn't want her help anyway.

When they were jumping up the staircase... Logan had a clear moment to drop kick Kikyo in the face... and yet he chose to jump right past him... seriously?

Yeah, because it would be very smart to risk having your leg ripped off by his sword. Just because Logan heals himself quickly, it doesn't mean that an opponent of Kikyo's caliber can't use this opportunity of disadvantage at his favor.

There were mutants in UK/Ireland, Africa(Storm of the X-men is a good example there) and other countries so… why wouldn’t there be any in Japan?

It's not like there shouldn't be any mutants in Japan, but Logan simply never saw one there, so his comment makes perfect sense.

I would have thought the criminals would have grabbed the drugs and run them off to safety instead of leaving them there to burn while trying to fight the flames- those flames had a LOT of fuel so they seriously were not going out anytime soon or easily.

But that was precisely the intention of fighting the flames: so they could get the drugs and escape.

Correction:

Logan knows pretty much all mutants that are from japan and most of them are either dead or on his side.
He spent a lot of time there, thu she was actually surprised in on how he actually gets to face a mutant from japan again and one he does not know.

as for crazy guy nitpicking for the sake of doing so:
Please refer to this link for further information
Jan 24, 2011 9:24 PM

Jan 2008
Haters are going to hate.

I'll admit that I thought Logan was going to kick him in the face, and the healing factor was off, and that there were a few other hits and misses, but oh well. Overall it was fine for me. I just sat back and enjoyed the episode for what it was. An anime's attempt at an American tv series.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 25, 2011 12:04 PM

Jun 2008
The battle with that guy was boring but the harbor battle was better. Wolvering walking in-frond of bullets wasn't right. The guy doesn't do such things.
What is the use of a sword that is attached in your hand anyway? You are better off with a normal handling sword.

CRAZEH247 said:
He can cut through a car no problem but can't cut through Wolverine claws? So what material is his sword made from?

Dude that makes you sound stupid. Obviously you are trying too hard.
Jan 25, 2011 10:55 PM

Mar 2009
CRAZEH247 said:
He can cut through a car no problem but can't cut through Wolverine claws? So what material is his sword made from?

Logan's claws are special.

Tomah said:

Except that those flames were too intense to even have a hope of saving the drugs while they were in there- so if you can't put the flames out fast enough it just stands to reason you would get the item out of the fuel and fire then try and put it out.
I could understand that they might not wanna get burned- however they were already in/surrounded by the flames -as close as they were they should have already been running out of breathable air and or been hurt by the heat.

As for haters- I’m not a hater. I’m one of the first people who would tell someone they need to give something a proper go. When everyone else was saying how horrible it would be before it started- I was telling them they should give it a chance.
I was disappointed and paying attention for flaws because I wanted to prove some of my friends wrong. But I found that they were right which really was crappy.
Jan 26, 2011 12:06 AM

Mar 2010
rofl big time when wolverine ran like a dog chasing the samurai dude
Geso
-----:D
Jan 26, 2011 5:38 AM

Nov 2007
CRAZEH247 said:

Kikyo's sword length still bothers me... how can he store that in his arm whilst bending... And also... when the hell did he put a cloth around it for a grip? And why is the grip going back into the arm? He can cut through a car no problem but can't cut through Wolverine claws? So what material is his sword made from?

That wasn't a cloth, it was most likely part of the actual weapon. And with the way he was able to move it's position in his hand, it's probably hinged in one way or another.

CRAZEH247 said:
Kikyo had some kind of Air Pressure Arc Projectile thingy that hit Wolverine... now as far as i can tell... that shouldn't be possible with normal strength... which means Kikyo has Super-Human-Strength?

It's nothing new in anime for sword-users to have that kind of power or ability, in fact, it's really common.

People should stop nitpicking at the realism. It's an anime based on a comic about mutants, you're meant to suspend your sense of realism for these things.

---

Also lol'd at Logan milking his entrance at the Boat Yard scene.
Jan 26, 2011 5:44 AM

Feb 2008
KawaiiObsessive said:
CRAZEH247 said:

That wasn't a cloth, it was most likely part of the actual weapon. And with the way he was able to move it's position in his hand, it's probably hinged in one way or another.

CRAZEH247 said:

It's nothing new in anime for sword-users to have that kind of power or ability, in fact, it's really common.

People should stop nitpicking at the realism. It's an anime based on a comic about mutants, you're meant to suspend your sense of realism for these things.

---

Also lol'd at Logan milking his entrance at the Boat Yard scene.

Is not "Reality vs Anime" is commmon sense

Jan 27, 2011 5:21 PM

Jul 2008
I love the Boss Rush that is the ending of every episode.

OH SHIT MUTANT SAMURAI

OH SHIT OMEGA RED

Can't wait for the next one.
Jan 28, 2011 2:12 PM

Aug 2010
Oh ho Omega Red just showed up! This show is getting interesting, I like the actions scenes quite a bit as well. I wonder if anything will go on between Yukio and Logan. I mean if you remember from the 90s animated series (not sure if it was in the comics) he's old flame was a Japanese woman named Yukio. I'm just sayin :P

I hear they're doing an adaptation of the X-Men series too, can't wait to see how that turns out, hopefully just as good as this or better.
Jan 30, 2011 1:41 PM

Apr 2010
Tomah said:

In that case... she shouldn't have fucking butted in later on... you see where YOUR common sense is gone missing?

Tomah said:

If Kikyo can't cut through his claws... he can't rip his legs off... did you even think before you quoted me? Seriously...

Tomah said:

Logan isn't that stupid to be shocked in a situation like that...

Tomah said:

Did you notice the intense flames? You soun ridiculous when you say that... logic suggests that they should've left the drugs and got out if they want to keep their lives... Meh... you probably don't how how fire works.

Monad said:
CRAZEH247 said:

Dude that makes you sound stupid. Obviously you are trying too hard.

Wolverine's Claws are made of Adamantium, Kikyo's sword couldn't cut Adamantium must mean it's weaker... and also... you know that you need a lot of strength to friggin cut through a car right?

windeen-windy said:
CRAZEH247 said:

Logan's claws are special.

Yeah... they are... you know... Adamantium... fictional metal created in Marvel comics... strongest metal ever... but the fact that Kikyo cat cut through a car no prob but not wolverine is the confusing part.
Jan 30, 2011 1:49 PM

Apr 2010
KawaiiObsessive said:
CRAZEH247 said:

CRAZEH247 said:

#1 You know how crazy your assumption/explaination of Kikyo's sword sounds right?

#2 Do you mean to say Japanese Anime? Because in Western Anime this thing needs some kind of explanation. And also... how do you explain an old man using the same technique eh?

#3 You sound like you've never read the Marvel Comics... At least the comics have the decency to explain everything so it makes sense... which is why it is not nitpicking...
Jan 30, 2011 11:03 PM

Jan 2009
I'm still not all too keen on the overall tone of the anime, but I'm sort of getting more engrossed into the story. The whole Japanese thing's just not working for me personally, and with Omega Red introduced, I'm curious as to how everything's going to develop.
Feb 11, 2011 12:17 AM

Jan 2008
Noticed something whilst watching.

Kikyo is voiced by the same VA as Akagi/Kaiji - Masato Hagiwara. Wolverine is voiced by the same VA as Nangou in Akagi - Rikiya Koyama.

Since they're both from my favorite series, I'd recognize those voices anywhere.

As soon as Asano was found dead, I immediately suspected that they were going to set up a plot twist and it's going to turn out that Yukio killed him and wants to kill Mariko in order to put Shingen through the same hell she had to endure after he killed her mother.

But why would she want to kill Asano? Wolverine already has to go through Shingen to get Mariko back. Maybe she just wants to temper his resolve. Whio tipped off the police & Shingen that they were going to be where Asano was? In any case it looks like Yukio is the most likely culprit,

Guess we'll have to wait and find out.
AkagiFeb 11, 2011 12:23 AM
Feb 15, 2011 8:14 PM

Oct 2008
For a second, I thought they were tentacles.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 1, 2011 12:58 AM

May 2008
To all the people wondering about the "sucking up the bullets", have you thought of one simple explanation?

They exited out of his back. You know, causing exit wounds and leaving the body? That's a very easy explanation as to why it appears he just "sucked them up."

Seriously. If we're being super pedantic about all this we might as well think a little harder.
Aug 12, 2011 3:59 PM

Aug 2010
I liked this episode. The fight at the beginning was pretty cool, even if there were some errors. I have a feeling that he will be back.

And Omega Red at the end. Niiice.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Nov 4, 2011 8:01 PM

Dec 2008
Great episode, Wolverine's claws are indestructible and can pretty much cut through anything except adamantium (Metal his skeleton is made of) so I was basically in shock when I saw Kikyo's internal sword go head to head againts the claws. Adamantium is such a rare metal don't know whya random samurai mutan would have it. Other than no problems at all. It's good to see another character from Marvel Uniiverse (Omega Red) and not just the supporting n/a characters.
Sep 25, 2013 8:44 PM

Jan 2008
This is okay so far I am not saying it is a great show just yet though but this episode did pick up though that is something i can say though lets hope it gets better.
Mar 6, 2016 9:18 AM

Feb 2015
Cmon Wolverine is supposed to be badass, that fight vs that 'almost as crappy as x-origins Deadpool' mutant was a really REALLY boring fight.

Hopefully omega red + a/some popular mutants at least (silver samurai comes to mind) will keep things interesting, if not, I pray for some decent action.
Sep 14, 2019 11:51 AM

Jul 2008
Finally some mutants I've heard of.

And why would the guy get out of his car to fight Logan with a pea shooter....how moronic.
Dec 4, 2019 11:47 AM
May 2019
Better than the first 2 episodes, but that's not saying much because every episode has felt almost the same to me. The fights just feel so generic, but it picked up at the end.
Nov 16, 2022 9:23 PM

Nov 2012
I wasn't expecting Omega Red's dub voice to sound like that lol
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wolverine Episode 12 Discussion

luccide - Mar 30, 2011

44 by JVskunkape »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:43 AM

Poll: » Wolverine Episode 7 Discussion

Arpadiam - Feb 25, 2011

16 by JVskunkape »»
Nov 16, 2022 11:26 PM

Poll: » Wolverine Episode 6 Discussion

CRAZEH247 - Feb 13, 2011

17 by JVskunkape »»
Nov 16, 2022 10:26 PM

Poll: » Wolverine Episode 5 Discussion

Nanodesu - Feb 7, 2011

25 by JVskunkape »»
Nov 16, 2022 10:05 PM

Poll: » Wolverine Episode 4 Discussion

belatkuro - Jan 30, 2011

21 by JVskunkape »»
Nov 16, 2022 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.