Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 12, 2016 9:53 PM

May 2016
Beatnik said:
Oberstein is the best. Know why?

'CAUSE HE JUST DONT GIVE A FUCK.

THIS. AND THIS AGAIN. AND AGAIN.
"ドSではない。迢ドSだ." - 蘇芳先生、月華撩乱 Romance

Nov 12, 2016 5:03 AM

Aug 2014
Good to see Reinhard sister Annerose again, she indeed played an important rule in the universe.
10 episodes left, i hope for a good ending.
Jan 16, 2017 8:59 PM

Apr 2016
All eyes on him, he doesn't care, the Kaiser stared at him, he doesn't care. Mission to report, nation above all else, and most of all, "misfortune can't wait". Kudos to Obersteins again.

Feb 18, 2017 11:58 PM

Dec 2016
That Oberstein must have some big balls to interrupt mid-ceremony. That said, I think he is not planning anything agains Reinhardt's reign... He is just one asshole very commited to his position and goals.
Jul 2, 2017 9:13 PM
Jun 2015
oberstein confirmed savage
Jan 2, 2018 2:39 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Finally, we had the wedding, and Oberstain always in the middle!!!
Apr 25, 2018 8:05 AM

Sep 2016
oh for fuck sake Oberstein
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 29, 2018 8:57 AM

Apr 2014
What a beautiful wedding, says a bridesmaid to a waiter
And, yes, but what a shame

still love the hoff kaiserin chants
May 21, 2018 4:10 AM
Apr 2018
Oberstein: What a beautiful wedding.... It would be a shame if I...

INTERRUPT IT BY MENTIONING YET ANOTHER RIOT"

FFS guy. I've been calling him Little Finger this whole time but he really is Varys. I don't think he cares about the throne himself but always puts the realm above all else. Still though, timing dude. Bittenfeld is right, could it not wait?

I kind of expected Rubinski to try and blow up the church and kill everyone in one fell swoop. Would Wahlen become ruler if that happened?

De Villers cracks me up. That's the second time he's called these guys idiots. I wonder if the Grand Bishop is just Rubinski in a mask!

Power rankings
1) Empire. Poor Wahlen, he never gets any luck though.
2) Julian and Co.
3) De Villers. I elevated the Earth Cult as that was hilarious.
4) Rubinski. Okay Annerose is there now. Time to strike!
5) Schumacher. Your Kaiser may be dead but you can still fight!

MVP: Oberstein. That was just unbelievable.
Nov 12, 2018 8:41 PM

Feb 2017
This episode demonstrates that despite not having many female characters, the ones who play a part have very important roles in the narrative even if they don't "interfere" with the plot as much as the male characters. As Hilda summarized, Annerose is the Mother of the present historical situation.
Nov 22, 2018 4:38 PM
Apr 2018
Without even thinking, my anxiety at the end of the wedding skyrocketed: I was sure someone would came out and shoot either Reinhard or Hilda... but it was Oberstein. I still can't figure out what the hell is on that guy's head.

Well, I have the feeling this will be the last "sweet" episode: Too many things waiting to be solved and only 10 episodes left.
Apr 1, 2019 5:54 AM

Dec 2015
Yeay! Annerose-sama returned! But she looks really pale. Hopefully it's not indication of her life going to end soon...

Kaiser Reinhard von Lohengramm and Keiserin Hildegard von Lohengramm both looks gorgeous

Holy f*ck Obersterin, I always like you, but your interruption with riot news in the wedding ceremony just made me cringed so hard. I even pray that it's actually a bigger news like some assassins had been detained outside of wedding hall or some kind of unrest actually happened outside the hotel, or at least Wahlen killed in Hainessen (sorry bro).

Anyway, I hope those Terraist failed in any attempt on our Kaiser household.
Apr 14, 2019 9:55 AM

Aug 2017
I wonder why Annerose is so white. I hope it's not some kind of illness (remember how Rubinsky was talking about killing Annerose?)
Aug 22, 2019 2:04 AM
Jul 2018
Look at that face and that glorious mane of Oberstein when he got interrupted by the others. He looked awfully savage.
Nov 30, 2019 6:52 AM

Oct 2012
Hoff Kaiserin Hildegard!
Just like Reinhard she got her own praise word xD
Weird we didn't see Annerose in the ceremony

Also Oberstein is really a KY :P

Happy occassion for once but...
Now it's time for the final act!
Terrarist and Rubinsky's evil plot is going to be launched
"Signature removed"
Jan 6, 2020 12:41 PM

Nov 2016
Couldn't stop smiling until a certain someone had to play party pooper. I won't deny that I had to chuckle, tho.

There's the me who thought that what Oberstein did was inappropriate, but the other me was like "You go Oberstein"

Honestly, he is one of the greatest.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 31, 2020 8:18 PM

Dec 2020
wish i could marry both of them.
Jan 1, 2021 11:01 PM
Jun 2017
What an interesting wedding. I'd thought they would do some sort of ceremony, maybe something involving Odin or whatnot, but this is just the most formal a civil marriage can be. They didn't even sign a marriage certificate, the Minister just declared they were married and that was all. God, even in the very secular revolutionary France they at least had a small ceremony and signed some papers.

I must bow to Oberstein again. I don't have any reasons to think he would have any ill faith against Count Mariendorf, so I'd say the cold stare he gave him was just because he was breaking protocol. That being said, the riots on Heinessen must surely be so dangerous as to make Oberstein himself break the protocol and do such an impolite thing.

He truly had an iron will to stand in front of everyone and relaying the report in such a clear voice, being the psychorigid man he is. That must have struck as a very impolite and even rude action (and even I would have waited until they were outside the building to relay the report), but I do understand Oberstein. Even if it was Reinhard's marriage, there were some other things that demanded his attention and had to be communicated in an expeditious manner. "Propitious events can wait. But misfortunes can't. Especially when they involve things that concern the security of the nation..." is definitely my phrase of the episode. Even so, as I have said many times, it's not so good for Oberstein to expose himself so bluntly to the hate of others.

Judging by the preview, the riots are widespread in the capital and are also very violent as they can be without entering urban warfare's territory. Such violent riots sparking at the same time of Reinhard's marriage can only mean previous orchestration. So far we have seen that the civilians were comfortable with Reinhard's rule, so why could have agitated them so much? They didn't get so flustered even when Lennenkampt was there.

I must say I wonder about fate very much. Specifically, about the fate of some people, or their remains, at least. What did Reinhard do with Reuental's body? Who succeeded him as Chief of High Command?Did he gave any special treatment to Erwin Josef II's remains, or will they rest in the public catacombs forever? What happened to Truniht's corpse? What was the reaction of the people after his death? We may never know the answer to these questions.

I also wonder about Annerose's paleness. We also know that Reinhard has been very ill. What if the von Musels suffer from some rare hereditary disease? That would explain Reinhard's sudden fragility and Annerose's ghostly appearance.
To end this comment, I must say again that my admiration for Oberstein has again grown larger. He is the perfect public servant/grey eminence that every good autocracy or self-respecting government, for that matter, should have: smart, loyal and firm. He is undoubtedly my favourite character of this series, and probably of any anime I've ever seen.
PaulotronatorJan 1, 2021 11:10 PM
Jan 1, 2021 11:05 PM
Jun 2017
EdiblePwncakes said:
Tyestor said:

Yes, Oberstein is totally hot for Reinhard.

This could be quite a turn of events. Oberstein's sexuality finally revealed!

A decade too late, but I would say Oberstein is definitely asexual. I cannot picture him ever having some kind of sexual relationship or even having any carnal desires for that matter. So far we've even seen he isn't too keen of drinking, and the other admirals were very surprised when they knew he had adopted a dog.
Jan 3, 2021 4:16 AM
Nov 2020
Oberstein is doing the right thing. These other idiots wouldn't tell Reinhard, things would escalate out of control and knee jerk reactions would need to be made Reinhard based on worsening events.

Now clear plan in place, and he can enjoy the rest of the day nicely.

Oberstein IMO just does the best job he possibly can. He isn't perfect and he has got it wrong in the past (e.g. undervaluing and underestimating the value of Kircheis). His commitment to the Kaiser cannto be questionned though.

I am very uneasy during these episodes. Reinhard is at his most vulnerable now with his sister and Hilda both in the same vicinity.

I do feel as if the end is drawing close for Reinhard now though. To me, he is like a star that burns very brightly then dissapears. And I think his light is now coming to an end. Seeing his sister in a similar complexion was quite alarming.
Feb 8, 2021 8:01 PM

Oct 2016
Not much happened but I loved this episode. I really like the comedy in this series.
Apr 5, 2021 3:46 PM

Mar 2020
I guess the only person as pretty as Reinhard is his sister...
Aug 8, 2021 8:27 PM

Jun 2020
ok but aint reinhard say he dont like hereditary monarchies?? 🤨🤨🤨🤨
Sep 4, 2021 9:17 PM

Dec 2018
i'm still pissed that neither yang gang nor the empire are even bothering to look into the cult they blew up one base and called it a day
wtf
oberstein's autism powers activated
Mar 12, 2022 8:22 PM

Dec 2021
Oberstein plays no games lol

the look he gave the Count when he was asked how does it feel to the kaiser father-in-law was Ice Cold
Mar 16, 2022 4:01 PM

Jul 2016
CzeroC said:
All eyes on him, he doesn't care, the Kaiser stared at him, he doesn't care. Mission to report, nation above all else, and most of all, "misfortune can't wait". Kudos to Obersteins again.

Oberstein has continued to grow on me throughout the series.

Is a boss, does not give a fuck.

Jul 3, 2022 5:01 PM

Dec 2007
the odd pace in this episode was kind of irritating. i thought for sure something would happen. almost thought that hilda would get sting by that flowers and would be the sleeping princess lol. at the end what? oberstein ruining the wedding by telling there's anti-empire riots. totally lol.

wonder what kind of trick the vice bishop did to trick them the grand bishop is still alive. or...

never the less, last 10 episodes :(
hope there will be good finale.
Aug 4, 2022 8:17 AM
Jun 2022
Wedding time! Not much to say, it was nice seeing Hilde and Reinhard finally gettin together. That scene between Oberstein and Count Mariendorf cracked me up. Overall 4/5

De Villier really summed up those terraists: fools.
Nov 6, 2022 11:24 PM
Aug 2021
finalmente, las relaciones entre los personajes ya se cierran para poder dar lugar a lo ultimo que pueden hacer los terraistas, en una ceremonia que a la vez de intentar ser interrumpida por la naturaleza inoportuna de Oberstein, su accion es subyugada de una forma en que nos muestran como se van a seguir manejando como pareja gobernante reindhard y hilda, un muy solido capitulo.
Dec 25, 2022 1:44 PM

May 2018
Oberstein being Oberstein lmao, great wedding nontheless
Feb 22, 2023 12:25 AM

Aug 2018
Nice wedding episode, its a shame some things had it kinda spoiled but I guess Oberstein was doing what he thought was best, De Villier still seems to be a very dangerous individual probably even manipulated Grand Bishop himself.

Totaly forgot that Reinhard finnaly met Annerose during this episode, such a shame we werent shown more of them together after all the years

I bet the whole wedding of the ruler of the galaxy costed way less than british royal family ones we see nowadays
Oct 13, 2023 2:44 PM

Feb 2012
2023 Rewatch

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.