Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 21, 2011 8:48 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yep, Maurice was indeed the one who got shot.
Good thing Kujo can handle himself in melee combat :> I very much approve.
...well, at least he can handle himself somewhat well.
And hurr, Grevil steals the spotlights again : D And Victorique is bored again.

I'd say they should focus a little bit more on the mystery element, though I've got no idea how much the original novel focuses on said mystery, so yeah.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 21, 2011 9:59 AM

Nov 2008
Kujo is no wimp and I have respect for him, he knocked the man out with brass knuckles and held his own the second time the man returned until he got a well deserved axe to his back. Quite a few sweet Victorique moments as well and Victorique sleeping on Kujo's shoulder is really cute reminds of Aria from Sister Princess as she does the same thing with Wataru. I can just think of her just resting on my shoulder right now.

Grevil is absolutely annoying, I'm starting to hate him everytime I see him, stop taking the credit for this case and give it to Kujo and/or Victorique (they deserve it).

Jan 21, 2011 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
This whole episode was simply amazing. Fantastic Series, best of season no doubt now.

Kujo is actually a bearable male protagonist, which for anime nowadays is a god send.
Victorique is my favourite character still though, love everything from her design to her personality, which isn't too tsundere as she has realistic fears of that which is around her.

The mystery getting solved was amazing, I knew the bag would be related but not the lightness of it compared to it back in Ep2.

10/10 for this episode. Not for one second did I ever get bored.
Jan 21, 2011 11:08 AM

Sep 2008
How could Julie be the criminal; she is far too elegant and beautiful.
I'm still waiting for battler to pop in and say that it's checkmate.
At least Kujo's concern about siblings is understandable; in fact I actually like him a lot now.

Third episode, we get a bag tossing, Morse coding and sleeping loli; I don't know if this episode can be topped.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2011 11:13 AM

Aug 2010
that was an epic falcon punch by kujo
Jan 21, 2011 11:19 AM

Jan 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
I'm still waiting for battler to pop in and say that it's checkmate.
I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Actually, I keep getting Umineko vibes all the time, from all kinds of random things. Like the culprit who murdered Roxane, Ned Baxter, Maurice's laughter in the end of ep2, etc.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 21, 2011 11:32 AM

Jun 2009
Not suprise that Kujo didn't get shot, and Maurice did. I know that either one of them, that actor and Julie, or both could be the culprit. I'd paid attention on their actions since the previous episode. And seriously Grevil needs to stop getting the credits.

Jan 21, 2011 12:04 PM

Jul 2009
Victorique is so cute <3
Hope the next case will be more interesting and lasts more episodes

Jan 21, 2011 12:10 PM

Apr 2010
I like Victorique her personality is very interesting and her background story makes her even more interesting.
Her cute appearance is a bit deceiving at times tho like at the end where when pretended to be sleeping.
It wasn't a surprise she was related to the inspector it was surprising she was his half sister tho, i was thinking about a cousin or something like that.

Kujo needs to do something about that pride of his, with constantly referring to himself as 3rd son of a imperial soldier.
Jan 21, 2011 12:32 PM

Aug 2009
Victorique being semi-tsundere, do not want.
But she's still cool.

This was a great episode. I love how everything everything was finished up very nicely at the end. Didn't expect the Arabian maid to be on that boat.
Jan 21, 2011 12:49 PM

Aug 2010
wow this anime is a masterpiece for me. The story is so damn good, everything fell in place, so many connections, and i jus love this loli, lol. This is the best anime of the season, cant wait for next.
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Jan 21, 2011 12:54 PM
Jan 2010
I want you all to imagine Victorique. Now imagine her forehead without her fringe.
Jan 21, 2011 12:56 PM
Jun 2008
very nice episode.

lol.Victorica look like baby
Jan 21, 2011 1:35 PM

Jul 2010
great episode. but this "mystery" was a bit too obvious. nevertheless, great show so far
Jan 21, 2011 2:12 PM

Jul 2010
So Kujo isn't that weak after all. I think Ichika seriously needs to take notes from this guy.

Victorique was so cute! The mystery was still obvious right to the very end, though. Maybe they should remove all hints so we can't figure it out at all. I mean, who wasn't suspicious of Ned when he declared it a good idea to get rid of all the weapons?

Even so, I'm enjoying this show a lot. I guess I don't care all that much about the obvious mysteries since with the clues they do give us it's kind of fun to nitpick. And best of all, this is one of the few shows this season that isn't drenched with fanservice. >_>
Jan 21, 2011 2:19 PM

Nov 2008
I knew it! Ned, Julie and Lee were definitely on that boat 10 years ago! Now the maid's motive is not a mystery anymore xDD But seriously, I am surprised that even all of the hares (excluding Victorique and Kujo) were also involved with the incident 10 years ago... I thought they were just extras to fill up the numbers xDD Nice one Julie, revenge is sooooo sweet xDD

PS: I envy at Kujou, I want Victorique to hold my hand too xDD It's so small and sleeping on me would always be welcome xDD
DenjaXJan 21, 2011 2:45 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 21, 2011 2:26 PM

Nov 2008
I felt like it was over very quickly. I had my suspicions about the woman, and the maid so I was close. But why did that guy tried to kill them again? Anyway it had an interesting conclusion but I hope that future mysteries have more "meat" to them.

Also it seems like the relationship between Victoria and Koujo is growing. They look cute when she is holding his hand. I'll be looking forward to next week's episode.
Jan 21, 2011 2:36 PM

Sep 2010
Very nice episode, even after seeing hundreds of cased closed episodes I still loved to see kids solve a mystery even if it is obvious. : )

Victorique had so many cute moments #^_^# and I couldn't help laughing when I saw the flashbacks of real life battles that I remember seeing in a history book being shown in an anime.
Jan 21, 2011 2:52 PM
Oct 2009
I was not expecting much from this series but so far it is one of my favorites of this season.

Jan 21, 2011 2:54 PM

May 2010
Some of the mystery was easy but I'm terrible at detective stuff since i could only solve like 3 of 105 detective conan episodes. And I liked how the stuff all tied together.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Jan 21, 2011 2:55 PM

Dec 2008
this arc was basically a less interesting version of 999.
Jan 21, 2011 3:02 PM

Sep 2009
Some of the things that happened seemed pretty predictable but I liked the little twists they included that I honestly didn't see coming. xD
Jan 21, 2011 3:04 PM

Jan 2009
Iilia said:
Maybe they should remove all hints so we can't figure it out at all.
But isn't that kind of how it's meant to be? I mean, it's no fun if Victorique went and solved everything without even giving us a chance.
Sure, they could cut down on the amount of clues we get, but it should still be solvable with the clues that we do get.
Or am I completely dishonouring the mystery genre with my ideas?
Jan 21, 2011 3:34 PM

Nov 2008
Hoppy said:

Grevil is absolutely annoying, I'm starting to hate him everytime I see him, stop taking the credit for this case and give it to Kujo and/or Victorique (they deserve it).

if you didnt, I think there would be something wrong - The way he treats our vicotorique sigh
Jan 21, 2011 3:35 PM
May 2010
It didn't even use my 'mysterious 12th person murderer' theory!
...looks like it was an animation failure after all.

I'm sorely disappointed in this series thus far... I can't even call these things mysteries.
Jan 21, 2011 3:42 PM

Aug 2010
No : this is a writer's problem. If this is the level of the mistery,well even a monkey can guess it. I'll be honest: from the start I understand that only( beside Kujo and Vich) have a character possibility and none a generic story or apperience like the other: so the culprit could only one be one of them. And,like Vich states,girl have done 2 big mistakes. But i taught: Isn't that too obvious? Usually in good written detective stories clues may be misunderstood. In the end I was wrong: it was exactly how it seemed.
Jan 21, 2011 4:09 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, i can't wait for more episodes of this anime, i'm loving each part of it. The way the mystery was resolved & everything was so awesome. And scared Vic was so cute, made me want to hug her. <3

But why did Julie recreate the Queen Berry? If she did that, then she already knew that Ned was the responsible for killing all those people again, right?
Jan 21, 2011 4:30 PM

Jul 2010
not going to lie. That arc was terrible. The mystery was horrible and predictable. They need to be more clever in the following arcs if this show is going to amount to anything.
Jan 21, 2011 4:32 PM

Nov 2008
dont see the reason for the change of avarail to transfering in when she was his friend from the start of the novels x.x I hope they dont change the plot TOO much. Also it seems they are going to be doing Kujo being accused despite that taking place before the novels ?

And I think some people are mistaking this for an anime original .. they are dropping cutting and switching plot elements from the original light novels >.> just as an FYI they BURNED through this first novel.
sirwenceJan 21, 2011 4:45 PM
Jan 21, 2011 4:50 PM

Nov 2009
I really love Victorique, and the ED song is addictive.

I whole manhunt / mystery was great, I really love shows / manga like that. I'm also not very good at solving the mysteries, but I guess I noticed a few things.
Jan 21, 2011 5:16 PM

May 2008
So this whole story was about revenge hehe Yakusoku dazo XD. A great case frankly i wasnt sure how they did the whole thing but i knew she was the culprit, still she saved Kujo's life good enough for me =)

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 21, 2011 5:31 PM

Jul 2010
sirwence said:

And I think some people are mistaking this for an anime original .. they are dropping cutting and switching plot elements from the original light novels >.> just as an FYI they BURNED through this first novel.

Manga and light novels tend to ALWAYS be better than the anime.
That's like a general rule of how things go.
Though it gets really annoying sometimes, it would be better to just suck it up and move on.

Anyway, good episode.
Beating people in the face with brass knuckles ftw.
:)
I just hope next week isn't a cutesy attempt at comedy.
Jan 21, 2011 5:32 PM

Nov 2009
Besides the fact that the whole case seemed insiginificant it was an awesome episode. As long as this is two quarters long i won't mind it at all.

Iron knuckles are the best weapons. Kujo has proved himself!
Jan 21, 2011 5:53 PM

Oct 2010
hoping for more after this arc ^_^ this ep was pretty good btw
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
Jan 21, 2011 5:57 PM

Dec 2008
Kujo kicked some ass!!!
Jan 21, 2011 6:17 PM

Oct 2009
Iilia said:
So Kujo isn't that weak after all. I think Ichika seriously needs to take notes from this guy.

Victorique was so cute! The mystery was still obvious right to the very end, though. Maybe they should remove all hints so we can't figure it out at all. I mean, who wasn't suspicious of Ned when he declared it a good idea to get rid of all the weapons?

Even so, I'm enjoying this show a lot. I guess I don't care all that much about the obvious mysteries since with the clues they do give us it's kind of fun to nitpick. And best of all, this is one of the few shows this season that isn't drenched with fanservice. >_>

Please don't bring that jelly Ichika into this, this lead is much, much better.

Not bad of an episode, we also get the motif for Roxane's murder. Though I don't understand why Julie would re-create the Queen Berry for revenge.

I'll be sure to stick around for the rest of this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2011 6:18 PM

Jul 2010
I knew something was odd about that lady since the previous episode.
Jan 21, 2011 6:24 PM

Mar 2009
The major problem with Gosick is how simple it is to solve the mysteries. They severely telegraphed the culprit this time around. Hell, I knew it was her when she started making such a fuss over the door being locked. It was suspicious, and if you have any knowledge of basic mysteries, it was easy enough to figure out what was going on. That aside, I did like how they connected this story to the maid from the first episode.
Jan 21, 2011 6:30 PM

Jan 2011
lol Grevil is Viqtorique's half-brother.
Mormegil said:
That aside, I did like how they connected this story to the maid from the first episode.
agreed

maybe the mystery is simple but the relation of cases is good.
and because many people who've read the LN always said it's good, I think just the adaptation of anime is bad :/
Jan 21, 2011 6:33 PM

Aug 2010
Cool mystery and how they solved it was awesome too.

Victorique is so cute, she makes this anime worth it alone.
Jan 21, 2011 6:37 PM

Apr 2008
wonder wat would be the next case =D

Jan 21, 2011 7:04 PM

Jul 2010
orangehouse said:
wonder wat would be the next case =D

sol-chan76 said:
Iilia said:

^ That.

Ichika is a wimp compared to Kujo. The Brass Knuckle puch was a super win, got me sitting up a bit more straighter in my chair :D

I was looking forward to this episode the entire week, and I'm glad to see that it WAS worth the wait. I expected the gun to be rigged, but was surprised when Julie shot ol' Maurice. Best show of the season, no doubt about it!
Jan 21, 2011 7:26 PM

May 2009
Yeah, they could make things just a little less obvious. Still, great episode - mostly because of Victorique and Kujo. Great pair.
Jan 21, 2011 8:21 PM

Jul 2008
I still found it entertaining, but I am a little disappointed. I didn't expect the first mystery to only be about three episodes in length, and it was way too easy to solve. However, Victorique and Kujo's back-and-forths make the show worth watching, as well as the animation.

Here is to hoping the next mystery is a little more complex!
Jan 21, 2011 8:31 PM

Jan 2011
Hm, the whole thing seemed kind of obvious, which is why I feel so stupid for getting it wrong. ]= I hope they get right back into the mysteries and don't waste time on meaningless side-stories just for development.
Jan 21, 2011 9:32 PM

Jul 2010
the reason for the mystery for being a bit obvious is because how it shows in the anime format. they've shown too much detail with it w/c shows evidences also. but what Victorica and Kujo see is really different from what we see so you can't blame them for not easily figuring it all out. and by far, the mystery is realistic and i'm amazed at how it relates to occult stuff the country is known for.

anyways, BEST SHOW OF THE SEASON for me.

oh and with the people here thinks that mystery is easy to solve, oh god, please don't lie to yourselves, as if anyone of you can solve the overall mystery without the show giving you too many clues and evidences. they really think they're smarter than anyone else.
desolatoJan 22, 2011 7:59 AM
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Jan 21, 2011 10:05 PM
Sep 2010
this was a very suspenseful episode. i didnt completely see through the mystery this time, which is good. if the mystery aspect could improve more, then it would be quite a bit better though.
Jan 21, 2011 11:15 PM

Jul 2009
Lol @ her trolling him at the end
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 22, 2011 1:20 AM

Sep 2010
Although the mystery was a bit obvious, I'm loving this anime because of Victorique ^_^ LoL... Also the OP and ED is addictive... And yeah I agree that Kujo is better compared to Ichika... :D Kujo punch!LoL

I'd rather go for Victorique alone than getting a harem like in IS,haha... Victorique FTW!~
DarksveNJan 22, 2011 2:13 AM
Jan 22, 2011 1:39 AM

Feb 2010
How come all are saying "its too obvious" , when in the last thread there werent so many people talking about the maid from the first episode.

Also the way of victorique to know the truth was awesome.

Who suspected about the weapon/lighter bag when she took the bag? i didnt.

Lol'd at victorique at the end.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Apr 18, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.