Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 21, 2011 1:38 AM

Sep 2007
Ah ... My angel is here !
Jan 21, 2011 1:42 AM

Aug 2009
Eye feel like eating doughnuts nao...

btw Yumekui Merry is my fav sho dis seasun.

:3
Sig iz in deh makingz

Still learningz

:3
Jan 21, 2011 3:05 AM

Jul 2010
Ichima is so freaking creepy! O_O
Meh, in the end even when Merry found out about his ability, she still didn't accept his help. "No thanks"... xD
Also curious who this is.

Interesting episode again! =)
OnyxthegreatJan 21, 2011 4:07 AM

Jan 21, 2011 3:47 AM

Oct 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
DenjaX said:
Wow not only Yumeji can scan dreams but also can enter the daydream too! with that, I'm surprised. He wasn't even scared in that dream though he was running like crazy with those cats xDD Maybe it's because its not his dream.
I think it is rather still baffling of how come he can enter dreams just like this one suddenly although I want to know if he does it on his own or only with Merry?
DenjaX said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I got really sexually excited at that Merry pose.
LOL Seriously?!?!? xDD
Yeah unfortunately Top Model came into mind or hot sexy girls and that pose is one of them they do in movies or fashion shows IMO.
DenjaX said:
PS: the moment where Yumeji scanned Minato was freakin scary that I turned on the lights x.x
Really? Guess me too I was scarred but not that much. :P

Words out of my mouth, loved that pose. Wish I could have been under that thing.

Also I love this seiyuu, hope she does more anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2011 4:10 AM

Aug 2010
Another cool reality-dream gateway world showdown. Merry is such a cutie. I just love her.
Jan 21, 2011 5:06 AM

Nov 2010
Gotta love Merry and her addiction to donuts. It''s like Shana's addiction to melon bread. Also liked the Seiyuu for the creepy Kimono girl. Her interchanging voice made her more creepy. Still can't feel a bit bad for that kmono girl. Maybe all she wanted was a friend. Probably couldn't let go of her because she lost friends in the past.
Jan 21, 2011 6:25 AM

Feb 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
You're not alone.

Next episode looks pretty dramatic.
Jan 21, 2011 7:49 AM

Jan 2011
I thought it was a good episode, nothing really surprising, but I loved the music. I wonder if that little girl is just a one episode character or if she will be around the entire series.
Jan 21, 2011 8:14 AM

Sep 2009
why do I have the feeling that either Yumeji or Merry is that angel's partner...
Jan 21, 2011 8:16 AM

Jun 2009
Uuuh to Ichima, U MAD?

Well, that was a good episode. Some dream action and I'm glad they didn't drag out the "finding merry" thing.
Jan 21, 2011 8:21 AM

Aug 2009
Using Sentai heros (Power rangers) to do fortune telling ?!
I wonder why nobody thought of that before
that might make me more interested in them
Jan 21, 2011 8:23 AM

Nov 2008
It feels like its getting better, I enjoyed this episode. I felt sorry for the little girl, but I hope that she finds friends. I'll be looking forward to next week's episode.
Jan 21, 2011 8:28 AM

Nov 2009
I really liked this episode, my first impression of the show wasn't very good, but I think it is turning out pretty good so far.
Jan 21, 2011 8:29 AM

Nov 2008
DoubleDango said:
Yeah unfortunately Top Model came into mind or hot sexy girls and that pose is one of them they do in movies or fashion shows IMO.

Words out of my mouth, loved that pose. Wish I could have been under that thing.
Also I love this seiyuu, hope she does more anime.Top Model eh, now you mention that she's so hawt with that pose. I hope she will do that often <333 Merry me *pun intended
desolatoJan 21, 2011 8:39 AM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 21, 2011 8:52 AM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Excellent episode and pleased with the progression. Art is still amazing for this series. This episode's charms although some generic did give us a nice loli that is clumsy despite being very cheerful.
Yes she was so cute with those bright eyes and the hat she was wearing.
Added with the actions of her with falling and standing like nothing had happened.

Yumekichi11 said:
And more insight into dream demons variations, with this one being named Ichima, being a sorts of Old Japanese maiden.
Her personality was also different from what we saw before just makes me wonder what we will get next.

Yumekichi11 said:
Didn't even notice that pose till you pointed it out, makes her look like a delinquent girl.

Yumekichi11 said:
On the other hand Chizuru living so lonely and strangely got me fearing the worst. That is she really is a vessel also from her eyes changed.
It was obvious she had something to do with the dream world, tho i didn't expect her to be a vessel and she is fully aware of being one.
The place where she lived and the way she was dressed really surprised me.
That place was really a dump and she was wearing her gym outfit, so either she doesn't care about her lifestyle or she is in serious money trouble.
I also suspect she has something to do with the attack from last week on Yumi or what was her name.

Yumekichi11 said:
The end of the episode intrigued me with what appears a Angel female with a red crystal

having damaged a dream demon and kill him. It was just the classical ghost is jealous of vessel's friends and wants to keep her to herself. It was the end that wants you wanting more to find out what it was about.
There still a lot of things unexplained and unsolved like the attack from last week and what happened to John Doe.
I am also wondering what influence that angel will have and what John Doe is planning to do.
Merry and Yumeji also appear to be special with having powers which are also unexplained for the time being, and this Anime might be deeper then it appears.
Jan 21, 2011 9:12 AM
Nov 2008
It seems everything about this show is either extremely interesting or extremely...not, with little in between. I hope it turns into more than a "dream demon of the week" type of show though. There seems to be an overplot of some sort for sure, I just hope they put significant focus on it.
Jan 21, 2011 9:20 AM

Jul 2009
Is it a trend always to broadcast 13 episodes of an anime?
I'd love to see some 24er's again, where the plot can slowly develop and come to an good ending.
It's all about a possible second season ~o~

This episode was really interesting again, but i don't like how Merry fights the Dream-Demons. Pulling your check then clap you into the other world xD

Can't she get a Katana like Shana? :O

Looking forward to next episode, seems pretty promising

Jan 21, 2011 10:34 AM

Nov 2009
The ONLY thing that is bothering me is that the angles for the action scenes are disgusting. To tell the truth i don't know if i can call this an action show despite the fact that she 'beats' the enemy.

The whole daydream stuff is still awesome though.
Jan 21, 2011 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
A very strong episode, was nice all the way through but the later half was very enjoyable. I love the 'Dream World' designs and the demons aswell, always look forward to that aspect of this show.

The angel at the end has a very nice character design, I am instantly drawn to her.

8/10 for that Episode 3
Jan 21, 2011 10:46 AM

Aug 2010
I'm liking Yumeji's character, finally a male lead that's not a coward him and ayumu from kore wa zombie desu ka, they're the best male leads this season
Jan 21, 2011 10:52 AM

Apr 2010
Lelouch_X said:
Is it a trend always to broadcast 13 episodes of an anime?
I'd love to see some 24er's again, where the plot can slowly develop and come to an good ending.
It's all about a possible second season ~o~

Problem is, for an unproven series, its hard for tv channels to be able to just give them 24-26 episodes without already being an established manga/novel. 12-13 is good for test runs, and if it becomes popular, it can get a 2nd season.

Jan 21, 2011 12:19 PM

Aug 2010
Funny, those cloud donuts ^^

Jan 21, 2011 12:37 PM

Sep 2010
I read the manga, and it just gets better and better.
But I wonder who this girl with the red hair and cross eyes is. Because she is anime original, I guess she is a lead-up to some anime original ending.
Jan 21, 2011 1:14 PM

Nov 2009
this anime is really nice , I started to like it ..
Jan 21, 2011 1:21 PM

Sep 2008
Is it just me, or is there something terrible wrong with the characters lipsync? The mouths are just sorta flapping about. : /
Jan 21, 2011 1:33 PM

Aug 2009
its kinda of boring. I'm just not into it. Maybe it gets better later.
Jan 21, 2011 2:09 PM

Oct 2010
the animation and art in this series is amazing, but where is the story leading us to ?
Jan 21, 2011 3:09 PM
Dec 2007
Ok, now there's no denying Yumekui Merry is the best new series of the season. Once again, characterization and development shone, the direction is simply superior, the atmosphere is perfect for a series focused on dreams and both OP and ED are great.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 21, 2011 3:41 PM

Jul 2010
Did anybody else notice the uncanny resemblance to Rika Furude (from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)? I was half-expecting a 'Nipah!' after almost every sentence =[
KittySunshineJan 21, 2011 4:47 PM
Jan 21, 2011 4:05 PM

Jan 2011
KittySunshineFMA said:
Did anybody else notice the uncanny resemblance to Rika Furude? I was expecting a 'Nipah!' after almost every sentence =[
gah!! i was just about to say the same thing!,but i see it even more when she loses her hat :D
Jan 21, 2011 4:30 PM

Jul 2010
KittySunshineFMA said:
Did anybody else notice the uncanny resemblance to Rika Furude? I was expecting a 'Nipah!' after almost every sentence =[
Oh wow, You're right! Good find! =)

Jan 21, 2011 4:32 PM

Jul 2010
I just came out of a dream. (dang. i need to read more mangas.)

p.s: its seems like a mistake for Merry Seiyu. not only her voice is similar but her act is also quite similar to ayana taketatsu.
Jan 21, 2011 4:50 PM

Jul 2010
katsu044 said:
KittySunshineFMA said:
gah!! i was just about to say the same thing!,but i see it even more when she loses her hat :D

:D Same here! but since she lost her hat in the daydream her hair was a slightly different color and didnt make for a good comparative photo lol.
Jan 21, 2011 5:55 PM

Jul 2010
Ohh i want donuts to now... sooo hungry :)
Jan 21, 2011 6:24 PM

Aug 2010
The battle scene was about as lame as it gets. Just a lot of herping and derping.
Jan 21, 2011 6:34 PM

Jul 2009
Yea, the "battle" scene was kind of lame. I do like the new girl though, plus the music's awesome XD
Hmm, so the transfer student is actually a Dream Demon? :O Interesting ...
Next episode looks pretty cool too ... I hope it'll keep up :P
Jan 21, 2011 10:23 PM

Oct 2010
Onyxthegreat said:
KittySunshineFMA said:
Oh wow, You're right! Good find! =)
I knew she looked familiar I also got vibes from a particular girl of Guilty Gear X.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 22, 2011 1:13 AM

Sep 2010
Why did I have to find this series before all the episodes came out? Now I have to wait another whole week.

I'm beginning to wonder who Yumeji is. (I also can't help but notice that his name contains the word Yume which is the Japanese word for dream). He can't be an ordinary person if he has these powers.

Ichima's voice acting seemed... bad, to say the least.[/quote said:

I didn't think there was anything wrong with it. I actually thought it was good.

mod edit : removed double post
NayahJan 22, 2011 4:59 PM
Jan 22, 2011 2:59 AM

May 2009
I still think the first episode is the strongest so far thanks to Chaser John Doe and the darker atmosphere, but I haven't lost interest. Yet. Let's hope it doesn't turn into a monster-of-the-week sort of show.
Veronin said:
Dat fang.

Yup, the very same fang that OreImo's Kirino has. Which is why it's all the more creepy that the voice actors are different, in spite of having the exact same voice!
Jan 22, 2011 7:30 AM

Jun 2010
Unlike episode 1 & 2, I liked this episode.
Jan 22, 2011 12:40 PM

Dec 2009
Lame fight :/

But still not a bad episode
yuno6.jpg
Jan 22, 2011 12:55 PM

Nov 2010
good episode and its starting to show some bad guys at last and how Merry loves doughnuts is so cute, with here imagination seeing those clouds. Also i never knew kick the can was that extreme to make you gasp for air.
Jan 22, 2011 1:49 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
I knew she looked familiar I also got vibes from a particular girl of Guilty Gear X.
I noticed as well. Thanks for including the pictures and stuff because I was too lazy and decided to forget it.

Athena said:
Yup, the very same fang that OreImo's Kirino has. Which is why it's all the more creepy that the voice actors are different, in spite of having the exact same voice!
Yeah, that first episode was great. I want Chaser John Doe to come back. Since he's in the OP, he probably will.

"That fang" is kind of becoming a tsundere trademark (or was it already and I'm only just noticing?) Fang from IS also has the tooth. Lol@the name. But comparing our lovely Merry with someone like Kirino is just not right. D:
desolatoJan 23, 2011 4:51 AM
Jan 22, 2011 4:41 PM

Jan 2009
This series isn't really doing much for me, but I'll see how it goes.
Jan 22, 2011 5:06 PM

Aug 2010
This one was really good. So is it that Merry wants to go back into the dream world, while others want to get out?
Jan 22, 2011 7:32 PM

Jul 2010
electrochika said:
This one was really good. So is it that Merry wants to go back into the dream world, while others want to get out?
Yep. "Dream Demons" like Merry, Serio, and Chaser John Doe want to enter reality (because they're curious, I guess). And to enter reality they have to either co-exist with a human vessel or take over the vessel forcefully. I'm not sure if by taking over the vessel the human soul is destroyed or not, though. Anyways, our lovely little Merry somehow came to Reality in her "Dream Demon" form, without a human vessel. Now all she wants to do is go back to the Dream World.
Jan 22, 2011 8:26 PM

Oct 2010
Iilia said:
electrochika said:
And to enter reality they have to either co-exist with a human vessel or take over the vessel forcefully. I'm not sure if by taking over the vessel the human soul is destroyed or not, though.
That's what freaks me out, it would be rather terrible that the soul is lost, maybe it's only taking over the body. Can there be a dream demon exorcist that may appear in this series? That would be interesting to see.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 22, 2011 10:21 PM

Nov 2009
Wow that angel at the end @_@
Jan 22, 2011 10:23 PM

Jul 2010
@Yumekichi11

I wondered the same thing. And also, is the relationship between the Dream Demon and the human vessel an eternal one? Are they stuck coinciding together forever, or can they choose to go their separate ways later?

Serio's case also comes to mind where, even though she was already co-existing with a human vessel, when Yumi reached down to touch that strange scissors she somehow entered a Daydream which brought another Dream Demon into play... did that Dream Demon kill Serio? She didn't disappear like the previous Dream Demons; she shattered.

I hope they can answer all these questions in the short amount of episodes this show has, but I'd much rather have a second season, because I love this anime so much.
Jan 23, 2011 12:16 AM

Mar 2010
I actually love this anime! The whole ''Alice in Wonderland''-esque feeling makes me wonder about whether I should be watching this, or ''Inception''. We're getting to see some good development all around. We even introduced a new character. Some pretty light comedy in there, as well. This all made for a great episode, and the preview was no exception! Looking forward to the next!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kuro4735 - Jan 6, 2011

189 by Limi »»
Jan 6, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 7, 2011

180 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Mar 31, 2011

82 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

97 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Yumekui Merry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

86 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 10, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.