Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 23, 2011 10:30 AM

Jan 2011
Am I the only one who thinks this show is terrible? :I
Jan 23, 2011 4:14 PM

Jul 2010
Ah, I'm loving this - it has such a nostalgic Ghibli-esque feeling. Actually it feels like a mixture of Nausicaä, Nadia and - strangely - a bit of Grandia, the RPG classic.

The animation is far above standard, I'm sad it's not getting more recognition for simply how *much* is really animated instead of using cop-out methods.

Soundtrack is suiting and well-orchestrated, bringing out the movie-like feeling so many mentioned.

Most of all - while I admit the pacing of the story is a tad bit slow in this episode, the story itself has loads of potential for a truly epic adventure. I just hope Nessa and Klain get moving soon to find Phryne.

As it is now, it seems set to be a tale of human interaction, communication and what defines humanity. At least that's my early forecast.
Jan 23, 2011 8:16 PM

Mar 2010
I only have one word to describe this episode, ''beautiful''. For those who aren't enjoying the pace at which this anime is going, I would like you to think about the consequences of it going by at the rate of most modern day anime. That being either way too fast, fast to the point where everything is sloppy, or just so fast you don't get the privilege of enjoying what's right in front of you. So the pace, to me, is perfect. I'd rather have it slow and information, then to have it fast and unethical. Either way, I'm enjoying every second of this anime as it actually ''has'' a story, so far. I still don't understand everything that might be going on, but I look forward to these questions being answered later. Looking forward to the next!
Jan 23, 2011 9:56 PM
Jan 2011
ZgMfx2oAFrEeDoM said:
I only have one word to describe this episode, ''beautiful''. For those who aren't enjoying the pace at which this anime is going, I would like you to think about the consequences of it going by at the rate of most modern day anime. That being either way too fast, fast to the point where everything is sloppy, or just so fast you don't get the privilege of enjoying what's right in front of you. So the pace, to me, is perfect. I'd rather have it slow and information, then to have it fast and unethical. Either way, I'm enjoying every second of this anime as it actually ''has'' a story, so far. I still don't understand everything that might be going on, but I look forward to these questions being answered later. Looking forward to the next!

exactly... i think this might be the best show this season
Jan 24, 2011 6:01 PM

May 2009
Nessa is just too cute.

Jan 24, 2011 8:29 PM

Oct 2010
If there is one thing to say about this series is its wonderful world immersion. Animes that generally immerse you in their universes are very good. The environment is spectacular and the OP is amazing. It makes me think of long journey to take around the world. No matter how I look at this anime I was so longing for something that reminded of "Nadia and The Secret Of Blue Water" Glad to have found and like many other people said already Nessa is adorable from every angle in the spoiler
I would adopt her as my sister anytime.

As the actual episode itself, I rather dumbfounded at the appearance of the Priestess and her role. One thing for sure she mentions that Phryne stole something like the key to the world. That is rather interesting already. There were some rather interesting world aspects such as this guy's system to listen to music but I wonder why it went haywire when Clain touched the monitor? A rather strange little doppel but it was heartwarming to see Nessa laughing over it. Nessa's powers are mysterious, whenever she touches something it either activates itself or things go wild like with the sun parasols. Poor Clain to have his bike in pieces, was a while since I saw that IRL.

Enri and her henchmen literally is what reminds me so much of Nadia. Of all things their motive for revenge was funny. The main boss does remind of someone but not sure who from other animes. What is rather interesting is that humanity in this world considers doppels as robots on who to dump the human's workload. From the looks of this it seems Nessa might be one of the new doppels you can touch, which apparently is sold as a sex slave (would it wonderful to have the same thing IRL, ah the many possibilities of loli taboos and anime characters coming as a real person to you).

Another interesting thing is this, which suggests freedom comes at mutual deep understanding between each other. A rather interesting philosophy that if applied now would solve lots of misunderstandings and wars. Furthermore I find it this baffling, that there is no trust upon people to live together as a sign itself or mistrust. Really confuses me philosophically but that's what technology in the future of a perfect Utopia (as Wasabi mentioned) may lead to. Internet is the sole proof that something like this is already happening. Anyways best series since a long time of this kind. I will preauthorize seeing it quicker now. I really enjoyed this episode more than the first one.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 25, 2011 5:29 AM

Feb 2010
Anisamar said:
I found it kind of boring, I wanted a little more that hinted at the plot, I still don’t see what the whole point is. Enri and her goons annoy me, really.

They are hilarious -- true fools of comedy.

Love love love this series so far! Very excited to see what develops in this world.
Jan 25, 2011 9:13 AM
May 2010
I really REALLY like this series so far ! Clain = Major Adorable, as well as Nessa (:
Yes, I find Enri and the other two slightly annoying due to their attitudes (and the fact that she was all over her brother. Weird o.O), but I aslo think that the way the do things is pretty entertaining.

My only problem ? Well, it says that Fractale only has 11 episodes, so I hope that the series starts to move faster, since it seems (and I COULD be wrong, don't hold me to this) that all of the 'main' characters have been introduced. So hopefully the actual plot begins to unfold in episode 3 ^^
Jan 25, 2011 4:58 PM

Mar 2010
I am kinda impressed by the art and how the story is procceding, also Nessa is such a cute and outgoing Character and makes me wonder sometimes

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 25, 2011 8:15 PM

May 2009
It still has this Ghibli-esque, movie-like feel to it. The pacing, while a bit slow, seems perfectly suited for this work. But at the same time, this makes the end of the episode feel abrupt and premature. Provided Fractale ends up being something worthwhile to rewatch, I'd love to marathon it - or at least watch it in big chunks.
Jan 25, 2011 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
ZgMfx2oAFrEeDoM said:

QFT!!!
Jan 25, 2011 8:57 PM

Oct 2010
ArcticMech said:
Provided Fractale ends up being something worthwhile to rewatch, I'd love to marathon it - or at least watch it in big chunks.
I suggest then getting only BDs or DVDs of it if they are available. I had extreme positive experiences with BD re-watches. Not to mention quality being amazing in those but also in some series uncensorings were good. This anime will prove good to re-watch to see it in better details at the very least IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 26, 2011 12:55 AM
Mar 2010
The setting is really amazing, I don't see why he made such a fuss about this.
Jan 26, 2011 4:01 AM

May 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
ArcticMech said:
Provided Fractale ends up being something worthwhile to rewatch, I'd love to marathon it - or at least watch it in big chunks.
I suggest then getting only BDs or DVDs of it if they are available. I had extreme positive experiences with BD re-watches. Not to mention quality being amazing in those but also in some series uncensorings were good. This anime will prove good to re-watch to see it in better details at the very least IMO.
Yeah, that's my usual preference too.
Jan 28, 2011 7:48 AM

May 2007
That was a nice typical boy hates girl/no he doesn't plot.

These 3 comic reliefs though, I don't know what to make of them.
My anime list
Jan 28, 2011 12:24 PM

Aug 2010
I'm really liking this show and I love Nessa, she's a bit crazy but she's cute and funny. This show definitely has a Miyazaki feel to it.
Jan 28, 2011 3:48 PM
Mar 2010
This anime seems very very good!!! Nessa is nice character, so cute, so alive!!!
Nadia and Ghibli's atmosphere confirmed..... and Phyrine where is????

next to 3rd ep
Jan 29, 2011 1:16 PM
Jan 2009
I hate moe-ness and I hated Nessa at first,but now she doesnt seem so bad.
I think its because of the serene art style and vibrant voices that makes it so different from other anime of late.
Jan 30, 2011 2:02 AM

Apr 2010
Nessa is so cute ^________^
I really like this anime :)

Jan 31, 2011 12:06 AM

Aug 2010
I like the show so far, but the opening has to be the worst that I have ever seen, hands down!
Feb 7, 2011 1:07 AM

Feb 2010
beautiful.... enchanting. This is so much different than the other shows this season.

The animation is awesome & I think it got even more gorgeous this episode.

I can see this being a standout for me.
Feb 7, 2011 3:42 PM

Apr 2009
Surprise, surprise. I never really like the Nessa-type characters: supposed to be loveably innocent, but wind up annoyingly hyperactive. And yet somehow I did like her from the first moments. I think mainly because of hery seiyuu - it's not the usual moemoe squeaky blabber. It's a perfect mix of cute and pleasant to the ear.
Well, I just thought I'd say that. I always find voices a huge factor when it comes to me liking particular characters, as I do in real life, to be honest :P
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Feb 11, 2011 1:49 AM

Sep 2010
I'm just gonna put this here
Feb 17, 2011 9:32 AM

Dec 2010
Nice episode but I still don't understand a lot of things
Apr 2, 2011 5:38 PM

Mar 2009
Lol they fell into the trap.
Jun 28, 2011 12:37 AM

Nov 2007
Hm, hope it picks up a bit more.
Jul 5, 2011 7:48 AM
Feb 2010
Those parents scare the shit outta me 0.0
Jul 9, 2011 12:31 AM
Jul 2010
So... Nessa is a doppel which can be touched hum? Interesting, but doesn't make her any less annoying. Not that I really care since I still liked this episode. The three "bad guys" really remind me of Team Rocket, btw.
Jan 30, 2012 1:17 AM

Jun 2011
eucalyptustree16 said:
Those parents scare the shit outta me 0.0

You're not alone there xDDD!!

Dusk252 said:
The three "bad guys" really remind me of Team Rocket, btw.

Lol! I was thinking that, they really do seem similar to Team Rocket!
Jun 2, 2013 2:09 AM

Aug 2008
This anime is good although I have yet to see the part where some people said the show went downhill.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Jul 15, 2013 6:07 PM

Jun 2012
I WANT TO PAT NESSA ON THE HEAD

Clain is annoying as fuck on the real tho.
Sep 7, 2013 2:56 AM

Jan 2013
Lovely, so much full body animation, it's impressive, just like Kannagi was.
Sadly it will get disappointing at some point.
Dec 6, 2013 9:37 AM

May 2012
Nessa sure is an interesting character I quite love her joyful personality! Well they've been captured so let's see what will happen to them next!
Dec 23, 2014 12:59 PM

Jul 2013
The parents freak me out too lol.

I really like Nessa, she's so adorable and sweet! Too bad she got them kidnapped.

Awww, I hope the show doesn't go bad ;_____________;
Aug 10, 2015 4:17 AM
Sep 2014
i feel like if i was clain id have a knife for 4(mebbe 3) different characters
Feb 2, 2022 6:44 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Odd Nessa. But she's cute with cute sounds too. How can i mad about her odd behaviour? The concept of home. Different from Clein, Nessa define it with a simple fun. While Clein finally found out whats true behind the meaning of home, Nessa return. Looks like i got it wrong with the Doppels system. Its even become touched if you transfer your data to it. Might be related to how Clein feels like the need of her more than his parents Doppels. Most people couldn't afford it cause its cost some good money. Possibly those big brother try to kidnapped the priest girl to got doppel that can be touched in free. So, that's actually pretty dangerous for Nessa. But, she just led them into the trap, smh.

That's the new beginning of Clein lifes. Out of Fractale simplified system. Out of his comfort zone. Out of his parents Doppels. Out of his loneliness. Next.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 6, 2023 7:29 PM
Jul 2020
Seeing Clain reunite with Nessa was such a heartwarming moment. Also love the ost that kicked in during that scene.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fractale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ariamachi - Mar 31, 2011

204 by luminality »»
Nov 23, 2022 3:04 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DL21 - Feb 24, 2011

94 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 5:16 PM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Angy- - Feb 17, 2011

78 by luminality »»
Nov 22, 2022 7:53 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

confusedmuse - Mar 17, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:39 AM

Poll: » Fractale Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

74 by badabass »»
Feb 4, 2022 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.