Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 14, 2011 4:53 AM

Sep 2009
haha...Houki, you tsudere

and that Cecilia got humiliated, even tho she won, and now she's ready to join Ichika's harem.

and next ep, the second childhood friend arrives....moar...MOAR I say!
Jan 14, 2011 4:53 AM
Jul 2018
BrooklynBearJew said:
Was the match really ended when
and thus, let the harem begin! :P

His final attack used up all his remaining shieldenergy, so he lost.

Too bad a mediocre series like this one has such a budget for the animation it looks very good.
Jan 14, 2011 5:04 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome, he can kick everyone's ass if he wants. I love how sweet Houki was acting, like she just wanted to train him when really she wants to be alone with him more.
Jan 14, 2011 5:12 AM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
In regards to Ichika and Houki's relation I liked how she used too much force to throw Ichika on the ground but ultimately it's her expressions of tsun-tsun that ended up liking. It was obvious that should Houki train good Ichika his skills will improve with his IS since it's Biyakushiki (BTW nice name) and it has a sword.
I just loved that expression.
I know people will probably be saying that she is the classic tsundere but i like her and i think this Anime needs a character like her.
Since the male character is such a simpleton he needs someone firm to support him.
It was surprising tho first she denied being the sister of the inventor of that core and latter on she uses it to her advantage against that Sempai.

Speaking about that core even tho they say there only 467 of them it's kind of obvious that it's only a matter of time before others find out how to make those core or even improve them.
Since it's the new super weapon most country's would probably set there top scientists on projects to how to replicate and or improve those cores.

Yumekichi11 said:
I loved in Master mode Ichika's armor! His battle with Cecillia was amazing! It's exactly the type of battles I was looking for. Moreover Ichika busted all 4 funnels Of Blue Tears, which gets my props on that one. I nice finish to the fight with a beam saber! Go micro Gundams!
I liked this outcome as well.
Not only is Cecillia more fit as a representative but she is also has more brains and in my personal opinion a stronger personality then the male character.
That this fight became basically a draw was nice as Cecillia was put at her place since she is to arrogant but it also showed how much of a simpleton the male character is.
Since he went into battle without any knowledge about his machine, and from that point of view he didn't deserve to win either.

Yumekichi11 said:
It was just too bad for that stupid shield rule else Ichika would have won. Guess now a re-watch must it be for me to see Cecillia's naked body. Despite her voice being annoying still but all things her expression suggests that she fell in love with Ichika.
I thought so as well which probably also explains why she is in the ED.
The only problem i have with her is that she is to arrogant but i think that will lesson over the course of this Anime.

Yumekichi11 said:
Well alright next episode my favorite girl is coming
Because of the fights of this episode and since I like them, I know I know this hsow is goign to be great for me!
Yes i wonder what she will bring to this Anime.
What will her personality be like, i am looking forward to next week.

The only thing that bothers me about this Anime is that the male lead is to much of a simpleton other then that i like it.
Jan 14, 2011 5:15 AM

Jul 2010
Oh god, now Cecilia fell for him too. =P

The action was pretty nice I must say. Ichika's IS was cool and he did pretty good. Not to mention that he only fought in default mode and not even properly synced with the IS yet.

Nice episode! =)

Jan 14, 2011 5:54 AM

Jan 2011
Really nice 2nd episode, I knew she would fall for him, but he deserves it, he would have whooped her ass if it wasn't for that shield.

SN: I will never download the Whinesub version EVER again, that was the most sh%ttiest 720p quality I have ever seen
Jan 14, 2011 6:55 AM

Feb 2008
I guess after each girl falls in love with ichika, they'll put them in the ED ;D.
But yeah Lockon Stratos much for that blue tears machine?
Jan 14, 2011 7:01 AM

Aug 2010
Nice episode! The battle scene was pretty good. Can't wait for next episode!

LOL, when the battle was over right before he was gonna hit her, I was like, "WTF?!?!?!" and when I found out why he lost, I was like, "WTF?!?!?!?!" xD
Jan 14, 2011 7:22 AM

Nov 2008
Next episode another childhood friend and harem.
Jan 14, 2011 7:26 AM

Nov 2009
That wasn't quite as good as I was hoping it would be. I had much higher hopes for this show, but it wasn't a bad episode.
Jan 14, 2011 8:21 AM

Oct 2007
With half of the screen still have left for the space, I think 3 more girls at least can fit in there.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 14, 2011 8:44 AM

Jun 2009
I guess we can officially state that Cecilia joned harem.
Harem members count: 2.
Next member will appeard in 3rd episode. Not sure whether she'll join already, though she should since she's a 2nd osananajimi.

Well, this episode wasn't as good nor entertainig as first one. Still, not that bad. With appearance of Lin Yin in next episode it should be more fun.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 14, 2011 8:56 AM

Jun 2008
I like how the world's future population has declined with such prosperity.

Also that was some pretty epic animation.
GrmoJan 14, 2011 9:16 AM
Jan 14, 2011 10:31 AM

Oct 2009
SHFT said:
BrooklynBearJew said:

Yes that attack uses shield energy for attack power. Bit strange the attack doesn't automatically stop when you have 1 HP left...
Jan 14, 2011 11:41 AM

Jan 2009
Well...
At least this guy's got some balls. Not to an incredible amount, but they're definitely there.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 14, 2011 12:00 PM

Nov 2008
This episode was in a way better than the previous one. The fight was interesting but I think that it would have been better without their self-centered monologue.

It seems like next week's episode is more comedy oriented, I'll be looking forward to it.
Jan 14, 2011 12:12 PM

Feb 2008
Aurao said:
SHFT said:
BrooklynBearJew said:

Yes that attack uses shield energy for attack power. Bit strange the attack doesn't automatically stop when you have 1 HP left...

the idea is that you know when to use it so that you don't deplete all your energy. probably a manage the reckless and the noobs, to which he was both. also gotta take into account there is an energy reserve specifically for that absolute defense thing.
Jan 14, 2011 12:50 PM

Nov 2008
loved the music and fight scenes, definitely like this season of anime
BTW this is more like Trigger heart then strike witches...
Jan 14, 2011 1:17 PM

Oct 2010
Oosran said:
Well... At least this guy's got some balls. Not to an incredible amount, but they're definitely there.
I do wonder if Ichika is bound to represent someone from the Gundam series. Anyone reminded of any character from any Gundam series? Despite that I still think he looks like the main hero of Kurogane no Linebarrels, I do stress out here similar.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 14, 2011 1:24 PM

Oct 2010
And let the unoriginal harem begin.

Still an alright episode, it's unoriginal but not boring.
Jan 14, 2011 1:26 PM
Nov 2010
Compared to it's equivilant Sky Girls and arguably Strike Witches, they kept the fanservice to a bare minimum, no panty shots so far and the shower scene is as far as we get. Quite refreshing even if it is seemingly generic
Jan 14, 2011 1:32 PM

Jan 2010
I liked it. I expected him to lose, but that shield thing was a surprise.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jan 14, 2011 1:44 PM

Dec 2009
I already love this show^^

I only watched like two Mecha Animes, so this type of fights is pretty new to me and I got really excited during the fight in this episode.
Also the animation is awesome and Houki is cute in tsundere mode :P
yuno6.jpg
Jan 14, 2011 2:14 PM

Jan 2009
Well alt least this shielding sort of explain the lack of armor and just like minority report etc the HUD display is projected into the air.
Jan 14, 2011 2:16 PM

Apr 2010
I hoped for epic battle but that was boring :( I'm dropping it.
This will be ordinary harem with non-epic battles.

Inform me if there'll be global war or many dead bodies or at least great battles :)
Global war + Infinite Stratos + dead friends = great anime
Jan 14, 2011 2:33 PM

Feb 2010
I don't know if I will watch the next episode. This gets worse every episode it seems.
Jan 14, 2011 2:43 PM

Sep 2010
I was a bit suprised by that episode, I thought it would be more of a typicall first fight for the protagonist, where he comes from behind and wins. The action scenes are really well done and I like the background art as well, fairly decent series so far.
Jan 14, 2011 3:12 PM

Dec 2008
I should drop this show because they didn't allow him to beat the shit out of Cecelia Alcott!!! I can't stand that wench!!
Jan 14, 2011 3:31 PM

Aug 2010
Infinite Stratos is absolutely marvellous in it's absolute genericness. I do like how Ichika basically lost by default though, plus the relative lack of fanservice is just so refreshing.

I can't help but wonder why Ichika's magical shield ignoring weapon even exists, though. The IS aren't made for actual combat, so why the hell would anyone need a weapon that can potentially kill someone? ._o
Jan 14, 2011 4:28 PM

Sep 2010
That fight scene was cool
Jan 14, 2011 4:44 PM

Sep 2009
I haven't watched many shows with the mecha theme, and the ones I've watched have all been Gundam I think, so all in all this show has been fairly interesting for me. I like how there's not much fanservice though. c: )-b
Jan 14, 2011 4:53 PM

Feb 2008
I wonder if it's even a human that writes this junk. I was about to drop it after one episode in case it picked up, but instead it got worse. Haven't seen a show this uninspired in a long time.
Jan 14, 2011 5:34 PM

Jun 2010
Gotta love the cliches right? This was an alright episode, hopefully the next one will be better. =|
Jan 14, 2011 6:26 PM

May 2010
I wonder how much thought was put into this Anime lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 14, 2011 6:47 PM
May 2009
gyrobot said:
Compared to it's equivilant Sky Girls and arguably Strike Witches, they kept the fanservice to a bare minimum, no panty shots so far and the shower scene is as far as we get. Quite refreshing even if it is seemingly generic

I actually never remember Sky Girls having much fanservice

Anyways alright episode, like most said, a bit generic but I don't mind that
Jan 14, 2011 6:56 PM

Jan 2010
I don't know why, but there's always one pointless and not-so subtle fanservice/harem show each season that does a great job at being entertaining.

I guess "Country Wars" is that show of Winter 2011.
Ok™
Jan 14, 2011 6:58 PM

Sep 2008
Sweet episode. Houki is still awesome. Action was good. I love graceful mechs and we don't get to see them often. It's what drew me into eureka seven and it'll probably be a pretty big contributor towards my sticking this one out.

One thing. I kept noticing that in some shots Houki looked quite attractive, and in others she looked really plain. I'm keeping my eye on what the difference is, but is anyone else noticing this?
Jan 14, 2011 7:10 PM

Jan 2011
=/ alot of people really want to drop this which i think they are kinda dumb i mean why start watching something just to give up on it and plus its sorta a harem and sorta not at the same time think about it if u really pay attention ichika's childhood friend had a crush on him before he came to the school and the snobby little blonde head all started to like him cuz she knew if hes energy did give out when it did he would have won and no one has beat her or came that close to beat her in a IS fight and because its a guy it makes her want him and the whole tsun thing with the childhood friend is more or likely because she doesn't want to be true to herself towards someone she had a past with and more so don't just throw labels on it and say "because its a 'blank' im not gonna watch it and drop it before i waste my time" i mean come on what else are you gonna watch while ur bored something u already watched how unanimeistic of you not even giving a anime atleast a minium of 6 or 7 episodes before droping it so shame on you in that note its like a popular guy and everyone knows how popular guys have a bunch of crushes and that junk so harem/kinda not
ReaperLokiJan 14, 2011 7:24 PM
Jan 14, 2011 7:31 PM

May 2009
Nice battle and some more background on the technology. Looking forward to intro of childhood friend #2 next time.
Jan 14, 2011 7:38 PM

May 2009
*Screams for more ecchiness*
Jan 14, 2011 8:12 PM

Jul 2010
ReaperLoki said:
=/ alot of people really want to drop this which i think they are kinda dumb i mean why start watching something just to give up on it and plus its sorta a harem and sorta not at the same time think about it if u really pay attention ichika's childhood friend had a crush on him before he came to the school and the snobby little blonde head all started to like him cuz she knew if hes energy did give out when it did he would have won and no one has beat her or came that close to beat her in a IS fight and because its a guy it makes her want him and the whole tsun thing with the childhood friend is more or likely because she doesn't want to be true to herself towards someone she had a past with and more so don't just throw labels on it and say "because its a 'blank' im not gonna watch it and drop it before i waste my time" i mean come on what else are you gonna watch while ur bored something u already watched how unanimeistic of you not even giving a anime atleast a minium of 6 or 7 episodes before droping it so shame on you in that note its like a popular guy and everyone knows how popular guys have a bunch of crushes and that junk so harem/kinda not
Biggest run-on sentence ever.

Anyways, people want to drop it because they've seen enough anime in their time to know what direction this show is heading in, and they don't like it. It's generic. You can't say it isn't.

"its sorta a harem and sorta not at the same time" isn't true at all. You gave reasons of why you think all the girls are falling for Ichika and that's about it. I don't think you really know what a harem is. A harem is where a guy is surrounded by girls (who are in love with him). It doesn't matter what their reasons are.

What else are we going to watch while we're bored you ask? There are plenty of already aired anime that are a hell of a lot better than this show.

And lastly, "Unanimeistic"? *Facepalm* and lol.
Jan 14, 2011 8:13 PM

May 2009
tundere <3

kinda felt he would lose in the end but for some blah blah mistake XD
Jan 14, 2011 8:24 PM

Jan 2011
Iilia said:
ReaperLoki said:
Biggest run-on sentence ever.

Anyways, people want to drop it because they've seen enough anime in their time to know what direction this show is heading in, and they don't like it. It's generic. You can't say it isn't.

"its sorta a harem and sorta not at the same time" isn't true at all. You gave reasons of why you think all the girls are falling for Ichika and that's about it. I don't think you really know what a harem is. A harem is where a guy is surrounded by girls (who are in love with him). It doesn't matter what their reasons are.

What else are we going to watch while we're bored you ask? There are plenty of already aired anime that are a hell of a lot better than this show.

And lastly, "Unanimeistic"? *Facepalm* and lol.

i know what a harem is =/ and its still a harem and not at the same time its like realistic if u think about it hes the only guy in the whole world to be able to use a IS of course there are gonna be loads of girls wanting him just for that fact and how do u know if its headed in the same direction as all the other harems i mean its nothing like ah my goddess in lots of ways and its a popular harem anime u know you shouldn't knock it just cause u think its like the others and why watch something you watched before after awhile it sometimes gets old i mean its good to watch new things and like i said atleast watch 6 episodes before droping a anime
Jan 14, 2011 8:25 PM

Nov 2008
an OK episode xDD I was entertained so yeah no regrets xDD

Wow, I was thinking Cecilia would feel being humiliated but I'm surprised she fell for him instead o_O

Staring at the ED without blinking while they are running, I always see them running forward and backward when they are really running in place xDD also if each ep they put a girl to run with them, that would mean there will be 12 girls running with Orimura at ep 12?!?!? xDDDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 14, 2011 8:33 PM

Nov 2010
ReaperLoki said:
i know what a harem is =/ and its still a harem and not at the same time its like realistic if u think about it hes the only guy in the whole world to be able to use a IS of course there are gonna be loads of girls wanting him just for that fact and how do u know if its headed in the same direction as all the other harems i mean its nothing like ah my goddess in lots of ways and its a popular harem anime u know you shouldn't knock it just cause u think its like the others and why watch something you watched before after awhile it sometimes gets old i mean its good to watch new things and like i said atleast watch 6 episodes before droping a anime
Seriously have you never heard of a period? Or at least a comma? The main reason people are dropping it now is because the story does have a very generic feel to it, generally a story that's not well written tends to follow genre archetypes. Not saying it will, it's just very likely. Personally I'm not going to drop this show because I think the fight scene's are worth it and the story is good enough for me, sometimes a show gets much better in later episodes so you never know (also i've never seen a Gundam anime so I can't really make comparisons).
LihnJan 14, 2011 8:37 PM
Jan 14, 2011 8:39 PM

Jan 2011
Lihn said:

Lol yea I have I just choose not to use them.Because its tends to become annoying for me.I really hate having to write in a complete sentence its just a hassle.Plus I know why they are dropping it I just believe its wrong to just drop it for that reason.I personally disliked gundam for a mecha anime it disappointed me.So i dropped it after episode 7.Happy i used periods no commas tho ,but i can make one if u really wanted me too.
Jan 14, 2011 9:00 PM

Nov 2007
Damn it I hate when the main charaters loses the way that Ichika did. For some reason it irritates me, oh well I guess they couldn't have someone who doesn't know the technicalities of IS be the class rep.
Jan 14, 2011 9:11 PM

Feb 2010
DoubleDango said:
Meh...

First episode was much, much better.

+1.

But I'll keep watching...
Jan 14, 2011 9:22 PM

Jul 2010
ReaperLoki said:
Then it's still a harem. It doesn't matter if it's realistic or not. He's still surrounded by girls and some of them are falling for him. That's what a harem is. It may not be entirely what the show is about, but you can't deny that it's a part of it.

You're right, you can't predict for sure how a show will go on, but you can make an educated guess. Some shows do start out really boring and end spectacularly, but that's pretty rare.

They're not bashing this show because they think it's like others, they're bashing some aspects of this show because it is like others.

And again with the "Why watch something you've already watched before?" comment. I already covered this. There are LOTS of anime out there. There are LOTS of anime better than this one. You don't have to rewatch something unless you really, really like it. I think the majority of users here don't rewatch all the shows on their list - they simply find new, better ones.

Also, people are watching the first couple of episodes of this show to test the water. They saw what was coming up this season and thought this could either be good or bad. People usually give 3 episodes a try before dropping, not 6. Maybe you should be happy they gave a show they normally wouldn't watch a chance rather than getting upset about it. :/

Random note: It's just a forum courtesy to type in semi-decent grammar. We're not asking you to be perfect like it's an essay for school, but walls of text with no periods, commas, or paragraphs are just an eyesore. Save the shorthand for your texting and IM'ing.
Jan 14, 2011 9:22 PM

Jul 2008
Pros: I liked Houki, Cecilia, and Chifuyu.

Cons: The suits are still retarded. "Shield energy" my ass. If there is no head or torso parts of the robot you would not survive an explosion.

The protaganist is extremely annoying. He is almost too pathetic. He complains about not understanding the IS or anything and asks for help from other students, but maybe he should READ THE REQUIRED MATERIALS for class first? He is also just way to clueless about Houki (inviting other girls to lunch with them) and the IS in general.

The outfit Ichika wore when he was in the IS.

I don't really think (even if he is the only boy who can pilot one) a personal IS would be made for Ichika. If only the "elite of the elites" have them, and there are only 467 in the world, and they are freakishly expensive, him just getting one because of "the circumstances" doesn't sit right with me.

But overall I still enjoyed watching it for the most part.

Next episode: Are you serious? A second childhood friend?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Why do people defend Ichika Orimura so much?

Kuronomi-chan - Jan 21, 2023

11 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Feb 10, 5:45 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

avrc - Mar 31, 2011

292 by Nerleos »»
Apr 17, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 6, 2011

270 by Tenshig2005 »»
Apr 7, 2023 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.