Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 13, 2011 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
He lost but got his childhood friend to teach him. The british girl doesn't feel she won.

Adding that girl to action (running) in ED... so they are going to add more and more girls there each ep?

IS looks weird.

Next ep. has second childhood friend?
tsubasaloverJan 13, 2011 9:10 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 13, 2011 10:02 AM

Aug 2009
Ah, well this episode was much better than the first. The fight scene was pretty cool too, kind of surprised at the outcome though.

Ichika seems to be slowing building up his little harem, especially with the blonde haired girl added onto the list :P

either ways, pretty cool episode. looking forward to the next one.
SaitoeJan 13, 2011 10:33 PM

Jan 13, 2011 10:28 AM
Jun 2008
cool fight and I love derederedere X10000 houki
Jan 13, 2011 12:55 PM

Oct 2010
so gundamlike this show lol, but a nice entertaining show, nothing special but fun to watch, and awesome fights.
Jan 13, 2011 1:15 PM

Mar 2010
shuncchi said:
so gundamlike this show lol, but a nice entertaining show, nothing special but fun to watch, and awesome fights.

Orimura's Byakushiki(白式) sounds like a direct rip-off from Gundam Zeta's Hyakushiki (百式). -_-;;

Anyway, I’m dropping this show, because there’s really nothing noteworthy about it that interests me. It’s not a bad show and the production quality has remained pretty good through the second episode, but the overall setting, the character relationships, the humours, and even the battle scenes were so cliche and sometimes tedious to watch. I don’t really want to blame the studio though, so I guess it’s probably the light novel’s fault.
stevewiess01Jan 13, 2011 1:57 PM

Jan 13, 2011 3:58 PM

Mar 2009
Its not subbed yet... the raw is out tho. You can watch it Here!

FYI... for those of you leaking out info on the current episode or the next one could you please make use of "Spoiler" tags... there are some people who visit the forums but has yet to watch the episode in question. ty.
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Jan 13, 2011 4:28 PM

Apr 2010
Strike Freedom?! o_O

Battle was fairly entertaining, but Houki really stole the spotlight for this episode though.. hmmm 2nd osananajimi next episode, now this looks interesting.. :)

Ichika Orimura's Harem Status:
Latest Activity: Cecilia Alcott get!!
Current Population: 2
Harem Members: Houki Sinonono, Cecilia Alcott
Jan 13, 2011 5:40 PM

Jan 2009
cool its out now looking for raw if subs are not available

looks like the visual quality will be consistent, nice aerial battle on this episode
degJan 13, 2011 6:02 PM
Jan 13, 2011 7:20 PM

Jan 2011
Enjoyed it,houki was in tsun mode pretty much the whole time haha.
Jan 13, 2011 8:17 PM

Aug 2010
The Tight body suit he gets in is more than LESS than appealing. ugh

The IS's look like they would be dangerous to pilot considering theres no torso or head piece.
Jan 13, 2011 8:30 PM

Apr 2008
woo .. harem xD yayness

Jan 13, 2011 9:14 PM

Oct 2009
Meh...

First episode was much, much better.

Dunno if I'll keep watching this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2011 9:40 PM

Aug 2009
The real strike freedom is my avatar. Anyway it was better than last episode but still nothing much yet.
Jan 13, 2011 9:41 PM

Jul 2010
Same here. This episode was so full of clichés that I really wanted to drop it. The next episode will be a make or break episode for me. I've seen too many harem series with a lame plot and I don't need to add another to the list :D
Jan 13, 2011 9:51 PM

Mar 2009
It was a good episode... Can't wait to see how the next one will be since they seem to be introducing new character each episode...
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Jan 13, 2011 9:55 PM

Jul 2010
Well, I'm watching this for the action, and the action was all right. It sure smashes Star Driver from last season. :P

I see Alcott was added to the ED, too. I'm not too fond of the harem aspect of this show. There are just way too many around these days. Also, why are they all tsunderes? I don't really dislike Houki all that much since she does show her dere side, but Alcott looks like she's just going to be an annoyance. The next character also looks like she's a tsundere. I hope I'm wrong.

Can we really fit more cliches into one show? Next up is Ichika falling asleep during a confession and a girl randomly tripping over her feet for no reason at all. Bonus points if she falls on top of Ichika!

Oh, and apparently the IS have some kind of consciousness of their own? Just watch they require human souls or something weird like that. XD
Jan 13, 2011 10:10 PM

Oct 2010
In regards to Ichika and Houki's relation I liked how she used too much force to throw Ichika on the ground but ultimately it's her expressions of tsun-tsun that ended up liking. It was obvious that should Houki train good Ichika his skills will improve with his IS since it's Biyakushiki (BTW nice name) and it has a sword.

I loved in Master mode Ichika's armor! His battle with Cecillia was amazing! It's exactly the type of battles I was looking for. Moreover Ichika busted all 4 funnels Of Blue Tears, which gets my props on that one. I nice finish to the fight with a beam saber! Go micro Gundams!

It was just too bad for that stupid shield rule else Ichika would have won. Guess now a re-watch must it be for me to see Cecillia's naked body. Despite her voice being annoying still but all things her expression suggests that she fell in love with Ichika. Well alright next episode my favorite girl is coming
Because of the fights of this episode and since I like them, I know I know this hsow is goign to be great for me!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 13, 2011 10:13 PM

Jul 2009
That was alot of TsunTsun for an episode
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Jan 13, 2011 10:42 PM

Sep 2009
I smell a harem...

Anyways this episode wasn't that bad. Wasn't as funny as the last episode, but this one had ok action.
Jan 13, 2011 11:11 PM

Sep 2010
HAREM HAREM HAREM!! xD
Haa~ Houki is so Tsundere~
Anyways, the battle between Cecilia was awesome. IMO.
Next ep = Lin Yin<3 Hoozah xD
billng said:
The IS's look like they would be dangerous to pilot considering theres no torso or head piece.

Agreed. lol
Jan 14, 2011 12:56 AM
Jan 2011
A pleasant watch, while rather cliche'd, I thought it still did them well.

I sincerely hope that no one is surprised about the harem thing happening. Only boy student in an all girls school? :) I hope that doesn't become the focus of the series though otherwise, it will kill it for me.

I like the idea of having energy shields with smaller micro-gundams that are open, makes the interactions more personal.

Has promise, hope it will turn a bit darker later on...
Jan 14, 2011 1:00 AM

Jun 2009
Gundam Freedom lost to an Impulse.... actully not but still... *&^! FREEDOM AND KIRA!
Jan 14, 2011 1:13 AM

Jan 2009
This episode wasn't as fun as the previous one, and I'm not liking the more apparent harem signs. The fight was good, and I'd like to have more emphasis on Houki rather than on random girls to add to the harem.
Jan 14, 2011 1:18 AM

Jan 2010
uu , nice dazzling fight , and nice shining mechas

and btw they added Ceciline at the ending =D
Jan 14, 2011 1:21 AM

Nov 2010
It was an okay episode, I was kind hoping the fight scene would be cooler and overall it was just less fun than the first. Houki irked me with her tsuness at the beginning.

So I guess we'll be seeing transitioning ED, every time Orimura adds on to his harem, we'll see the girl pop up. I personally want to see that One-eyed girl already.

Oh, and I can't believe I didn't recognize that the ED was sung by the same seiyu as Mio Akiyama, even though I knew Houki was voiced by her.

<3 her voice.
desolatoJan 14, 2011 2:07 AM
Jan 14, 2011 1:34 AM

Jun 2009
Not that bad but this episode reeks out of cliches though the outcome of the fight is a lil bit unexpected since I was expecting a sudden power-up (which happend) and win, but the lost is a bit unusual.

Anyway, the battle is somewhat entertaining so nevermind the ever so obvious flaws.
Jan 14, 2011 1:37 AM

Apr 2009
Houki <3

Also, it was so anticlimactic when Ichika lost. That really sucked.
Jan 14, 2011 1:42 AM

Sep 2007
And his harem is slowly shaping up.
Jan 14, 2011 2:05 AM

Feb 2010
solid ep the fight was alright still wondering why this show was so hyped....
Jan 14, 2011 2:21 AM
Feb 2009
Unoriginal mechs. They simply stole the Gundam Girl idea, not to mention that the chick's mech has fucking DRAGOONs, and does a very nice job mimicking Strike Freedom with that large rifle.
Jan 14, 2011 2:24 AM

Jul 2010
God I don't like any of the girls. Action seems interesting.
Jan 14, 2011 2:31 AM

Oct 2008
Was a fun episode. I thought it was stupid that he was able to beat Cecillia so easily even with only having piloted it once, but then loses because he sword converts all his shield energy into his thermal weapon or whatever. There should be some trials for the protagonist at least, instead of the believing in the heart of the cards kind of thing.

Fun episode, the mech battle was kind of nice I assume it will be more about the relationships since all in all the mechs seem to be more for sport than for actual combat. Anyway will keep watching this.
Jan 14, 2011 3:22 AM

Jul 2009
Thumbs up for the going home after school club (^.^)

Must say I was quite surprised by the outcome of their dual though, thought it was kinda obvious he would win (which he did in way)
And that new twin tail girl looks interesting, just hope she's less Tsundere or he's going to have one hell of a hard time keeping his harem happy xD
Jan 14, 2011 3:27 AM

Dec 2010
So, his sister is the only one left..
Jan 14, 2011 3:32 AM

Sep 2009
Mecha musume :3

Eternal_Shield said:
uu , nice dazzling fight , and nice shining mechas

and btw they added Ceciline at the ending =D

yup .....falling in love after being defeated xD
Jan 14, 2011 4:10 AM

Mar 2010
good thing this is starting to be a bit interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2011 4:31 AM

Jul 2009
So its gonna be a harem anime with "minimal" mecha elements or rather Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou with lame mecha design. Dropped! Moving on to far more interesting shows this season.
Jan 14, 2011 4:40 AM

Nov 2010
Much better than the first episode, I hope there are more battkles and less harem from now on lol
Jan 14, 2011 4:44 AM

Jun 2010
Fight was pretty entertaining to watch. Houki was pretty cute this episode.

Anyone noticed that in the ed sequence, not only did they add Cecilia but her seiyuu also sang the ed along with Houki's seiyuu?
Jan 14, 2011 4:47 AM

Jun 2010
Was the match really ended when
and thus, let the harem begin! :P
Jan 14, 2011 4:53 AM

Sep 2009
haha...Houki, you tsudere

and that Cecilia got humiliated, even tho she won, and now she's ready to join Ichika's harem.

and next ep, the second childhood friend arrives....moar...MOAR I say!
Jan 14, 2011 4:53 AM
Jul 2018
BrooklynBearJew said:
Was the match really ended when
and thus, let the harem begin! :P

His final attack used up all his remaining shieldenergy, so he lost.

Too bad a mediocre series like this one has such a budget for the animation it looks very good.
Jan 14, 2011 5:04 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome, he can kick everyone's ass if he wants. I love how sweet Houki was acting, like she just wanted to train him when really she wants to be alone with him more.
Jan 14, 2011 5:12 AM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
In regards to Ichika and Houki's relation I liked how she used too much force to throw Ichika on the ground but ultimately it's her expressions of tsun-tsun that ended up liking. It was obvious that should Houki train good Ichika his skills will improve with his IS since it's Biyakushiki (BTW nice name) and it has a sword.
I just loved that expression.
I know people will probably be saying that she is the classic tsundere but i like her and i think this Anime needs a character like her.
Since the male character is such a simpleton he needs someone firm to support him.
It was surprising tho first she denied being the sister of the inventor of that core and latter on she uses it to her advantage against that Sempai.

Speaking about that core even tho they say there only 467 of them it's kind of obvious that it's only a matter of time before others find out how to make those core or even improve them.
Since it's the new super weapon most country's would probably set there top scientists on projects to how to replicate and or improve those cores.

Yumekichi11 said:
I loved in Master mode Ichika's armor! His battle with Cecillia was amazing! It's exactly the type of battles I was looking for. Moreover Ichika busted all 4 funnels Of Blue Tears, which gets my props on that one. I nice finish to the fight with a beam saber! Go micro Gundams!
I liked this outcome as well.
Not only is Cecillia more fit as a representative but she is also has more brains and in my personal opinion a stronger personality then the male character.
That this fight became basically a draw was nice as Cecillia was put at her place since she is to arrogant but it also showed how much of a simpleton the male character is.
Since he went into battle without any knowledge about his machine, and from that point of view he didn't deserve to win either.

Yumekichi11 said:
It was just too bad for that stupid shield rule else Ichika would have won. Guess now a re-watch must it be for me to see Cecillia's naked body. Despite her voice being annoying still but all things her expression suggests that she fell in love with Ichika.
I thought so as well which probably also explains why she is in the ED.
The only problem i have with her is that she is to arrogant but i think that will lesson over the course of this Anime.

Yumekichi11 said:
Well alright next episode my favorite girl is coming
Because of the fights of this episode and since I like them, I know I know this hsow is goign to be great for me!
Yes i wonder what she will bring to this Anime.
What will her personality be like, i am looking forward to next week.

The only thing that bothers me about this Anime is that the male lead is to much of a simpleton other then that i like it.
Jan 14, 2011 5:15 AM

Jul 2010
Oh god, now Cecilia fell for him too. =P

The action was pretty nice I must say. Ichika's IS was cool and he did pretty good. Not to mention that he only fought in default mode and not even properly synced with the IS yet.

Nice episode! =)

Jan 14, 2011 5:54 AM

Jan 2011
Really nice 2nd episode, I knew she would fall for him, but he deserves it, he would have whooped her ass if it wasn't for that shield.

SN: I will never download the Whinesub version EVER again, that was the most sh%ttiest 720p quality I have ever seen
Jan 14, 2011 6:55 AM

Feb 2008
I guess after each girl falls in love with ichika, they'll put them in the ED ;D.
But yeah Lockon Stratos much for that blue tears machine?
Jan 14, 2011 7:01 AM

Aug 2010
Nice episode! The battle scene was pretty good. Can't wait for next episode!

LOL, when the battle was over right before he was gonna hit her, I was like, "WTF?!?!?!" and when I found out why he lost, I was like, "WTF?!?!?!?!" xD
Jan 14, 2011 7:22 AM

Nov 2008
Next episode another childhood friend and harem.
Jan 14, 2011 7:26 AM

Nov 2009
That wasn't quite as good as I was hoping it would be. I had much higher hopes for this show, but it wasn't a bad episode.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do people defend Ichika Orimura so much?

Kuronomi-chan - Jan 21, 2023

11 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Feb 10, 5:45 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

avrc - Mar 31, 2011

292 by Nerleos »»
Apr 17, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 6, 2011

270 by Tenshig2005 »»
Apr 7, 2023 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.