MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

'Must See' Yuri Anime?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Yuri is the Ultimate <3 »» 'Must See' Yuri Anime?

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
06-05-08, 10:28 PM

I though I'd compile a list of what people think are 'Must See' Yuri anime and Why.

Unfourtuantly I haven't seen enough to lend my opinion so it's up to you people to help.

If you have a contribution please write a short sentence or two about why it's good.

If you think something shouldn't be on this list also write a sentence or two saying why, if It makes sense or a few people think the same thing then I'll remove the anime.

06-05-08, 11:57 PM

Every time someone comes up with this idea, I always redirect them to this thread =)
I'm not saying we shouldn't waste our time doing again another list, but we could use that as a start.

06-06-08, 12:44 AM

lynx said:
Every time someone comes up with this idea, I always redirect them to this thread =)
I'm not saying we shouldn't waste our time doing again another list, but we could use that as a start.

That's quite a lovely list though it appears to be one persons opinion. This list will be composed from many different peoples opinions and people won't have to leave MAL to read the list <3

10-12-08, 10:36 AM

Kannazuki no Miko.

Why? Because of the sheer intensity of the relationship between Chikane and Himeko.
Best. Yuri. Couple. Ever.

It's slow going at first, but well worth it.

10-26-08, 4:41 PM

have you since the live verison of negima ep 4 show some KonoSetsu.

12-05-08, 3:21 AM

Maria-sama ga Miteru. Has already 3 seasons and the season 4 is coming up.
If it has that many seasons, it must be pretty good (since it's really rare this kind of anime being so long!).
I only watched the first episodes, haha.

12-24-08, 12:54 AM

Candy Boy

It's very cute and funny, and isn't all tragic and depressing like a lot of yuri can be. I consider it a must-watch for all yuri fans.
Modified by SubstanceD, 12-25-08, 10:50 PM

12-26-08, 2:53 PM

Strawberry Panic
Watch it if you haven't seen it....... I сried while watching it

01-02-09, 7:59 PM

humhorse said:
Kannazuki no Miko.

Why? Because of the sheer intensity of the relationship between Chikane and Himeko.

Kannazuki was really.. SPECIAL.

But just because of the Chikane/Himeko relationship, I gave it an 8 instead of a 6. XD I fricken love Chikane.

Gee, I really don't know about must-see... Blue Drop (the anime) is pretty good.

01-05-09, 12:31 PM

I agree with Strawberry Panic.
It's one of the few good anime's in a good genre.

02-11-09, 4:10 PM

I think Strawberry Panic! and Maria-sama are on top of it. Also Utena (I didnt even watched it, but it's said to be a classic wherever it's listed so... Blue Drop and Candy Boy are pretty good too, although I didn't finished to watch Candy Boy. Also Sailor Moon? :P

No offense, but Kannazuki No Miko was awful. The plot was so weak and whoever made that anime have no idea how a girl
I'm a boy, but I suppose thats not something easy to let go... The only thing I liked on that anime was the ending, the last scene.

Overall it was pure fanservice.
Modified by Crepuscularia, 02-11-09, 7:36 PM

02-11-09, 5:24 PM

No offense, but learn to how to use spoilers tag first
And no offense, but before you write a thing about any anime better go and watch them earlier (preffered carefully) instead repeating some rumours about them.

Back to the topic.
Kannazuki no Miko, not because of the mechas but because it is one of the most intense romantic drama I've watched ever.
Nobody mentioned Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito. This anime is quite specific, not for everyone tastes I think, but if you're yuri fan then I suppose you'll quickly fell for Hazuki ;)

02-11-09, 7:45 PM

Yeah, that was my bad, about the spoiler thing.

Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito is so confusing for people who don't know the story, it' s even wierd to watch lol

Theres also Kashimasi and Mai-Hime.

And Noir, which theres very little of yuri, but it has one of the best plots ever written.

09-19-09, 1:35 PM

i'd definatly like a list of animes that are yuri im actually trying to learn from them so i can make my own yuri novels sometime or perhaps manga when i go online looking for anime or manga yuri there isnt that many mostly yaoi.
I've seen most of the yuri everyones named on the forum but it still seems very lil to me :(

The link to the list that person had listed has a few yuris and characters that maybe or hint that there is yuri but thats not really something I'm looking for.

*sniffle* there's so much for the yaoi fans but not enuff for us yuri fans. Even when you go to a convention there's hardly any booths that are for yuri T_T

10-02-09, 12:44 PM

Aoi Hana. Period.
melieon is in a historical yuri manga. http://en.shindanmaker.com/234977

10-08-09, 9:55 PM

MariMite is the Queen of all Yuri anime. I will climb atop mountains and scream my undying love for all that is MariMite.

Candy Boy is also one of my personal favorites, as it is also borderline twincest as well as yuri. Strawberry Panic is like a raging lesbo version of MariMite (didn't care for the ending though). Aoi Hana is another very good title because it's more realistic than the others (as there is a social stigma with being homosexual, and the characters address that).

I also need to get off my duff and watch the rest of Simoun and Kasimasi

10-23-09, 5:35 AM

marimite, Strawberry panic. um... those two are a must I guess. but there are many others that are nice too <3

12-01-09, 6:32 AM

humhorse said:
Kannazuki no Miko.

Totally agree one of best ive ever seen.

Also kashimashi; manga was great, the anime not so much.
Modified by Jyasuten, 12-01-09, 6:38 AM
MCC Badge

12-12-09, 10:01 PM

currently new:
Sasameki koto
why?
because it is really sweet

but if you want awesome yuri i recomend you to read yuri manga
serisously is hawter O///O

but if you want yuri ANIME then strawberry panic is AWESOME!!!
is just swweet
nagisa X shizuma 4 ever <3333333333333333

12-13-09, 12:50 PM

when you say yuri masterpiece .. I say Ikeda Riyoko .. there is nothing more beautiful than the legendary ( Oniisama - " brother dear brother" )

it's a little old .. the manga came out in the late 70s but the anime came out in the early 90s .. but there are some small difference between the manga & the anime .. still they're both beautiful but personaly I like the anime more..

why ?

why not !!? the story is very different from any other anime, every character has their own good & bad sides, there is no one perfect in this perfect anime, the drawings are gorgeous, the start & ending are not the only overwhelming parts, the whole anime is overwhelming, the whole concept is incredible, anyone watches this amazing anime will forget any other anime they ever watched , whether it was yuri or shojo or ... or ... etc

no one can forget the sweet, troubled Rei-sama "aka" ( saint juste-sama ) and her everlasting love and loyality for the evil, mean Fukiko-sama "aka" ( Miya-sama) ..

this is the link for the ONIISAMA club .. there you can read the basics of the story :

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=4504

I watched it over 4 times and I still want to watch it more ..

but again .. it's not a strange thing for Ikeda Riyoko to make such a masterpiece .. after all when it comes to yuri she's a miracle worker ;D ..

Rei-sama ( saint juste-sama ) is my favorite character in this anime ... I LOVE U 4 EVER :'(

another good yuri : Maria- sama ga miteru, candy boy, strawberry panic ...

but my advise for all yuri lovers to watch Oniisama ;p
Modified by Kisaki, 12-13-09, 12:54 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices