Forum Settings
Forums

Storyboard Writer of Rio Rainbow Gate Complains Episode 2 is Incomprehensible

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 12, 2011 2:14 PM

Feb 2008
FOE-tan said:
I'm going to watch this. Card battles and hot girls in a plot that doesn't make sense sounds like entertainment gold to me, for all of the wrong reasons, of course.
I'm with you there, buddy.
Jan 12, 2011 3:14 PM

Jul 2010
hehehe. Imazaki Itsuki is funny.
Jan 12, 2011 3:21 PM

Dec 2010
Stop using my storyboard sporadically! (Yes, I am going to be that guy.)

This is a signature, You are a reader of this signature reading that the signature is telling you that you are a person reading the signature telling you that the person who made this signature wanted you to know that you read that this signature is being read by the person who is reading the signature telling them all about the signature being read by you
Jan 12, 2011 7:17 PM

Apr 2010
Lol. Well it makes perfect sense to me.

Jan 12, 2011 9:14 PM
Dec 2007
TitanXL said:
I'm not seeing what's so incomprehensible about the episode. There's a tournament, challenge shows up, they fight, Rio wins, The End. Plus fanservice.

If him/people are complaining about the numbers popping up out of nowhere, then I just have to facepalm. It's Elvis' ability he said he had in the beginning of the episode. He can calculate, analyze, and determine numbers. That's why he can predict where the roulette ball goes, he does the math in his head. The numbers are just there for trippy visuals and artsy reasons. Might as well ask why characters seem to sweat one large sweatdrop at random sometimes.

How the heck was this episode hard to follow? It's completely formulamatic. They're in a tournament, challenger shows up, Rio beats him, all is well. I'm going to spoil the next episode and say the next will be the exact same thing.

If it's the random volleyball thing, then it's just a visual metaphor for the roulette game and how Rio fights her opponent; making it more exciting than just watching a ball roll around. Serving the ball is her having her way, while being trapped/attacked by the numbers is a metaphor for Elvis' calculations and statistics working in his favor. In the end, Rio's luck gets her the win.

Not hard at all to follow.
Well, perhaps you should have written the episode yourself. You seem to know more of it than the one who actually wrote it apparently.

The real issue the guy had with it was that apparently that was NOT how he wrote it. You'd hate it too if you had taken your time to get the whole episode in place then they just scratch all your work and just make crap up.

Jan 13, 2011 12:59 AM

Oct 2010
Leon-Gun said:
Now we know how much genuine Kirino's reaction were in her series when the producers did not want to write the way she wanted it her own anime.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 14, 2011 4:40 AM
Nov 2009
Episode 2 is just plain stupid. Next.

Episode 3? Fanservice galore. A complete revision would do it some good. I think.
Jan 15, 2011 4:26 AM

Jan 2008
Rainbow Gates's plot: Rio's boobs

/thread
Jan 17, 2011 8:08 AM

Nov 2008
MysticHrist said:
Episode 2 is just plain stupid. Next.

Episode 3? Fanservice galore. A complete revision would do it some good. I think.

Nope, this anime is about 3 things, fanservice, interesting duels against beautiful and/or insanely rich people to get 13 Gate Cards, and even more fanservice.

Jan 25, 2011 10:56 AM

Apr 2008
MysticHrist said:

Nope, this anime is about 3 things, fanservice, interesting duels against beautiful and/or insanely rich people to get 13 Gate Cards, and even more fanservice.

No, it`s about more then that.
If you`ve actually paid attention to something other then the boobs of the girls you`d notice that there is actually some plot in there :P

Plot:
What is Rio`s goal with those Gate Cards?
Who is that mysterious lady at the end of ep 4?

But I don`t care that much about the plot in this, I mostly watch it for the fanservice and the loli XD

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
3 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.