Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2011 4:20 PM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Please Note: There is an entry for Kimi ni Todoke Episode 0 which is an alternate retelling/recap episode for the first season. This thread is only for discussion of the first episode of the second season that aired January 12th, 2011 in Japan.

If you came here by accident when looking for Episode 0's discussion, then head here instead:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=279517
sakaJan 11, 2011 10:00 AM

I am a banana.
Jan 11, 2011 8:19 AM

Nov 2007
Sawako taking whole day to give Kazehaya because she's thinking too much about the meaning of her chocolate to him, but in the end she didn't give it to Kazehaya because of was Kurumi said.... Anime did well presenting this from manga.
tsubasaloverJan 11, 2011 8:25 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 11, 2011 5:51 PM

Oct 2010
It was a wonderful episode! I loved every single moment of it. From Sawako cooking in the beginning to being in school giving out chocolates to all except Kazehaya. Despite all that her shyness and Kurumi's intimidations got to her and so she failed to give the chocolates to Kazehaya, which is disappointing because now things play against her. Although there is one expression I loved of her:

Furthermore I loved that they still use art styles from the last season. Of course Pin/Kazehaya's part of where he wets his bed was funny as ever except I don't get as to why he got sick if he was wearing a raincoat? I am also looking at the potential of those 2 new guys. In any case Kurumi scored one in this first episode, guess she will not give up after all. Overall a nice start for Kurumi but bad luck on Sawako.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 11, 2011 6:24 PM

Mar 2008
sonydello said:
A cute, but very slow moving episode.

This is a very slow moving anime.
Jan 11, 2011 6:30 PM

Sep 2009
This was just frustrating to watch. There was too much unrealistic angst about something as mundane as chocolate and Sawako was just way, way too easily fazed by Kurumi's teasing. Not accepting homemade chocolate? Really? ...
Jan 11, 2011 6:43 PM

Sep 2010
PseudoJordan said:
This was just frustrating to watch. There was too much unrealistic angst about something as mundane as chocolate and Sawako was just way, way too easily fazed by Kurumi's teasing. Not accepting homemade chocolate? Really? ...

Well, not really that unrealistic imo.
If you really love somebody, the uncertainty of "will I mess things up if I do this" can really break you down sometimes, even for the smallest things as giving chocolates. We also know Sawako is a very naive girl and will believe everything you say to her. Not to mention that Kazehaya indeed rejected a girl a couple of hours earlier, so it's no wonder Sawako started to worry.
Though I really wanted her to give them to him, I always expected her to not give them.
As sad as it might be now, it's only more interesting on what going to happen now.
Yumekichi11 said:
I am also looking at the potential of those 2 new guys.

Yeah, I totally see that blonde guy falling for Sawako to add some more confusion in Sawako's mind and the general situation of the story.

Conclusion: after the recap of last week, it was really refreshing to see Kimi ni Todoke in full glory again. Let the next 12 episodes be a joyride!
MerushiJan 11, 2011 6:55 PM

We can't change the world with Anime...

…but we'll try

Vote for your favorite K-ON songs here
Jan 11, 2011 6:44 PM

Sep 2010
Kurumi is too cruel.
I don't think I'll like that new guy.

And this is only 13 episodes? D:
Jan 11, 2011 6:59 PM
Dec 2010
sonydello said:
A cute, but very slow moving episode.

Agreed. I haven't read the manga myself so it seems to me that the events of this episode are taking them a step back in their relationship.
Jan 11, 2011 7:00 PM

Feb 2009
Loved this episode! I missed Kimi Ni Todoke!!!

I'm so sad it's only gonna be 13 episodes ;__;
Jan 11, 2011 7:05 PM

Sep 2010
AngelicFeces said:

Yep, both the MAL page and ANN say so, so I guess it's true.
I know, it's a pitty, but it's better than nothing.
Also, the manga is still ongoing, so no one says this will be the last season ;)
If the manga reaches it's end, they'll at least need another season to end the anime as well (unless they suddenly announce the manga and anime will conclude soon, like they did with K-ON!)

We can't change the world with Anime...

…but we'll try

Vote for your favorite K-ON songs here
Jan 11, 2011 7:08 PM

Oct 2008
I did enjoy the episode but nothing really happened except she didn't give Kazehaya the chocolates! I thought maybe it would have been a lot easier for her after all that happened in season 1, but they didn't even really interact this episode except for a second at the lockers!
Jan 11, 2011 7:29 PM
May 2010
Woah, implied competition for Sawako?
I totally wasn't expect that...
Jan 11, 2011 7:33 PM

Jul 2010
Merushi said:
Conclusion: after the recap of last week, it was really refreshing to see Kimi ni Todoke in full glory again. Let the next 12 episodes be a joyride!
What the..? *Checks episode count* Damn it, why couldn't you just be wrong? I'm very sad right now.
:(

Cute episode. I really thought she'd run after Kazehaya and give him those chocolates. Kurumi hasn't changed much. This went by really fast, so I'm already dying for next week's episode. I wonder what kind of progress we're going to make in just 13 episodes. Well, it can't be bad!
Jan 11, 2011 7:48 PM

Jan 2010
It's nice to see this show again although this episode felt a little clunky. I guess it can be awkward as to getting the characters back into the swing of things.

I felt that the middle portion was mostly wearisome melodrama. I'm not a fan of the constantus interruptus. If either Pin or Kurumi had interrupted Sawako that would have been reasonable. Having them both do so was tedious.

But at least the show woke up once Kurumi entered.

And I don't think that Kurumi can be blamed for Kazehaya not getting his chocolates. Sawako had all day to give them to him. She gave chocolates to everyone else, much to Kazehaya's chagrin. She had several opportunities. She let them all drift by. Kurumi was only involved with one of them. And it was someone else, Joe I think, who put the 'rejection' thought in her head.

Sawako's causing a chill that scared the other students in the washroom was amusing. A bit of a relapse, perhaps. I wonder why Starry Sky was there though.

And Ryuu got Sawako's name right, even as he ate her chocolates. Poor Kazehaya.

All in all, it's great to be back. I can't wait for next week.
Jan 11, 2011 8:20 PM

Sep 2009
I would gladly eat that chocolate. Oh well...I'm sure something will happen to make up for the lack of chocolate giving.
Jan 11, 2011 8:21 PM

Dec 2008
Just give him the damn chocolates T_T
Jan 11, 2011 8:28 PM

Jan 2008
My thoughts after this, and I quote myself: "Did I just watch a half hour show about ABSOLUTELY NOTHING? FUCK MAN WOW!"
In other words, it's not off to an overly impressive start...
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Jan 11, 2011 8:30 PM
May 2009
I just want them to go out x.x
Don't spend all of second season debating about giving him chocolate. Tell him you loves himmmmmmm!
Lol
So adorable and yet frustrating at the same moment. Darn you Kurumi! Lol
Jan 11, 2011 8:37 PM

May 2010
kurumi needs to go play in traffic
Jan 11, 2011 8:40 PM

Feb 2009
...I'm just annoyed that she never actually gave him the chocolates. Poor Kazehaya, but be feeling like a kicked puppy right now. I mean, seriously Sawako, you know he at least considers you a friend. So you give just about everyone else, even Pin some and you leave him out of the loop. It doesn't take a genius to realise that would probably hurt a bit. He's not even as important as the new classmate who randomly tickles you T.T

Kurumi is actually a rather likeable character, I find. She needs more scenes.

Poor Ryu as well, Chizuru only giving him, like, one tiny piece of chocolate. She probably ate the rest XD. Sawako apparently just needs to feed Ryu to get him to remember her name.

I've read the manga, so you would think I would be prepared for this extreme indecision... I just thought, for some reason, she gave him the chocolate. Sawako, you can be so sweet at some points and so bloody annoying most others.
Jan 11, 2011 8:43 PM

May 2008
LiliumxDreamer said:
I just want them to go out x.x
Don't spend all of second season debating about giving him chocolate. Tell him you loves himmmmmmm!
Lol
So adorable and yet frustrating at the same moment. Darn you Kurumi! Lol

i couldn't agree with you more :).

but tbh, I've seen enough of the overly shy sawako, its time she starts thinking straight and ignores kurumi, cause she should know by now that she isn't her friend >.>

Jan 11, 2011 8:44 PM

Nov 2009
So i was happy that she didn't give them to him, just for the fact that i expected otherwise. Yet, we are pretty far in so i think it was the wrong choice at this stage. Not sure how i will feel about a love triangle forming; especially with her so air headed.
Jan 11, 2011 8:46 PM

Jun 2008
Considering this is the first time I've actually enjoyed an episode of Kimi ni Todoke in about a year (and I hate Valentine's Day episodes), there's something to be said about the change in tone the anime has taken. By that, I mean that it's a bit more consistent, lacking some of the excessive and forced comedy bits that littered most of season 1's episodes, and it did a good job actually conveying what they were both feeling (as opposed to just "omfg I made friends, I'm so happy" for 10 episodes in a row.

...but then someone decided to end it like that. It feels some of the progress made in season 1 actually didn't happen now. Whatever, I'm being pretty picky about this since I don't like the genre, but they better not spend the whole damn season building up their relationship and have at best one episode of them going out.

Also someone smack me; I was sure I'd never enjoy this cheesefest of a genre ever.
Jan 11, 2011 8:48 PM

Feb 2009
Casperkid said:
kurumi needs to go play in traffic

And why is that? I mean, if your rival in love was that easy to manipulate, wouldn't you tease them every once in a while. What Kurumi did was not even that bad and she's just jealous since she's quite obviously losing this battle over Kazehaya.

I think I feel like defending her so much because I've read the manga though...
Jan 11, 2011 8:48 PM

Jun 2008
ItachiMangekyo said:

but tbh, I've seen enough of the overly shy sawako, its time she starts thinking straight and ignores kurumi, cause she should know by now that she isn't her friend >.>

Yeah, that's pretty much how I felt by the end of the episode. "Oh, so we were supposed to feel sorry for you in episode 0, and now you're screwing with our main character? Away with you."
Jan 11, 2011 8:53 PM

Mar 2008
I actually loved this. I don't feel like I've wasted half an hour because what's the point of suspense if it always ends happily? I've not read the manga, so while watching this my thoughts were that of course she'd wind up giving them to him at the end. . . but I was surprised, even if it was a sad surprise. It's an anime that no matter how slowly paced, what direction it takes, it tugs at your emotions, any emotion.
Jan 11, 2011 9:05 PM

May 2009
only 13 eps makes me rage

This ep was really slow, i was like "give him the chocolates!" through the whole ep, and then the end came and the chocos were left on the limbo... i wanted to cry for Sawako uwu i could almost see Kazehaya's smile while taking the chocolates Q.Q Yano should've encouraged her >O<
Jan 11, 2011 9:20 PM

Nov 2007
i feel like i'm the only one who appreciates kurumi, wtf. she's not the typical character who sulks & cries her eyes out just b/c some dude rejected her. she handled kazehaya's rejection straight-on even though she saw it all coming. ( which is really brave, imo.. )

it's not like she hates sawako, she's just a total tsun so what's up with the hate??? ?____? oh well TO EACH THEIR OWN I GUESS.

but oh my god i'm so glad this show is back. /squirms in my seat forever.
haters STILL gonna hate on the pacing but i still love the emphasis on the little details; slice of life at its finest. BUT WTF WHY DID THEY GET /MAMO/ TO VOICE KENTO??? W H Y ffffffuuu. ;o;
Jan 11, 2011 9:23 PM

Jul 2010
Ah I love it but its so FRUSTRATING!!!! Just give him the damn CHOCOLATE!!! I still hate that manipulative bitch Kurumi.
Jan 11, 2011 9:39 PM

Jul 2008
Lots of Kurumi hate. They ARE rivals, you know. I think it is fine for her to tease Sawako a little. She even admitted herself that Kazehaya had rejected her, so Sawako has nothing to fear from her in terms of losing out on a relationship.

I felt so bad she couldn't give him the chocolates though!

This anime will probably end at the festival (ch 40), right?
Jan 11, 2011 9:41 PM

Jan 2010
Sawako isn't overreacting, it's totally like her actually.
Jan 11, 2011 9:43 PM

Aug 2009
I used to hate Kurumi but after reading the manga I kinda of like her.

Sawako annoyed me a little, but I prefer this way, I wouldn't like if she gives him the chocolates saying it's a 'thank you' like always.

and KEEEEEEEENTO<3
Jan 11, 2011 9:51 PM

Jul 2008
PaulNamida said:
Yano should've encouraged her >O<

I was actually expecting her too. Since she is so good at seeing what everyone is really thinking, I thought she would have given Sawako a push.
Jan 11, 2011 9:58 PM

Dec 2009
I get very frustrated that Sawado didn't give the chocolate to Kazehaya. That Kurumi always get in their way, why she don't know how to give up? Kazehaya doesn't love her, and she only hurt Kazehaya's feeling. She should disappeared in their eyes. Poor Sawako treats her so nice. Sawako doesn't know how much Kazehaya looks forward to get her chocolate. Ah... Poor Kazehaya and Sawako-chan.
NelieiJan 11, 2011 10:01 PM

Jan 11, 2011 10:10 PM

Apr 2007
The first episode was awesome and I really loved it! I miss the massive amounts of innocence that this show has. The only thing I didn't like about it is that MIYANO FREAKING MAMORU VOICES THE NEW GUY OMFG AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH I literally started pulling on my hair the moment he started talking. PLEASE SOMEONE MAKE MIYANO AND FUKUYAMA STOP VOICE ACTING OR AT LEAST TAKE A FREAKING BREAK AGH ;A;
I liked those two at first but they are literally in 9.5 out of every 10 shows I watch and now I am so freaking sick of them argh ; ;
Jan 11, 2011 10:11 PM

Jun 2008
Ah...
Raged, but then I stopped, realizing this happened all the time in the first season.

I love the OP and ED though. Especially the watercolor in the ED.

Jan 11, 2011 10:22 PM

Dec 2008
I WANT MORE EPISODES!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O
Jan 11, 2011 10:43 PM

Oct 2010
yay it has started!

I knew it!!! i was thinking they might add a new guy, potential competition..and they did....

now I'll say this, im not liking the new (blonde) guy....he just gives off a bad "Aura" or something like that....i smell Trouble....i could be wrong but i already hate him....maybe he might actually turn out to be decent and not a creep...but well see.
I'll never say "I understand what you're going through"
Jan 11, 2011 10:52 PM
Jul 2018
cute episode, so this is only gonna be a 13 episode series? seems im gonna have to start reading the manga again once this is over.
Jan 11, 2011 10:56 PM
Jun 2010
Kurumi plays with Sawako's affections just like the gods of the Greek myth.
It's very pleasant to watch her ill-natured.
Jan 11, 2011 10:59 PM

Jul 2009
i love this anime, it's so beautifully portrayed.
nice, slow and relaxing.
Jan 11, 2011 11:37 PM

Nov 2008
Only 13 episodes this season????? Ugh! I know exactly where this is gonna end and I don't like it. x(
Jan 12, 2011 12:01 AM

Sep 2008
Kurumi showing off her god tier.
I can't wait for that guy to Appriviose.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2011 12:33 AM

Aug 2009
I dont expect 13 episodes since many animes do that..
When they say they will have 13 episode, but then they end up having 26..

Like Kaichou wa Maid Sama..

Lets just see what happens..

1 episode is 1 chapter..

ANYWAY..

SAWAKO IS ADORABLE! Im sad she didnt give the chocolates, but I will always support her!..

Sad ending 2 this episode.....

I FREAKEN FAN GIRLED WHEN I SAW KENTO!!!!
I WAS SO EAGER TO HEAR HIM SPEAK IN THE ANIME..
HE IS VOICED MY MIYANO MAMORU, MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE SEIYUU!!! *_*
Jan 12, 2011 12:38 AM

Jul 2009
the episode overall was adorable. hurray for the floating shaped sparkly bubbles
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Jan 12, 2011 12:46 AM

Feb 2010
impulsive said:
Just give him the damn chocolates T_T

this

what a boring way to start a session....
Jan 12, 2011 1:10 AM

Jul 2008
I like the way they celebrate Valentine's Day. Where I live, it's just dollar store cards in elementary school, and in high school, it's like Valentine's Day doesn't exist..
Jan 12, 2011 1:45 AM

Oct 2010
Merushi said:
AngelicFeces said:

Yep, both the MAL page and ANN say so, so I guess it's true.

ANN is hardly proof that it will only be 13 episodes. i'm a frequent visitor of ANN, and the mods on the site have admitted that for every anime they put a default number of episodes (aka 13) and simply adjusts the episode count later when they have an official source. i don't trust MAL regarding the 13 episodes either.

i've found that AniDB is a trustworthy site regarding episode count as well as the other info in their anime database since nothing is approved without an official source. according to AniDB, the total number of episodes is still unknown.

and if the second season continues to adapt one chapter of manga for each anime episode like the first season, there's a good chance for the second season to be 25 episodes like the first given its popularity (also, the manga is past chapter 50 so there's plenty of source material).

unless someone can point out an official japanese source, the 13 episodes is probably simply a rumor at this point.
Jan 12, 2011 1:55 AM

Oct 2009
Omg, I was like:

"If she doesn't give him the damn chocolates by the end of the episode I will hang myself."

All throughout the show.

Cya MAL, been nice posting here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2011 2:04 AM

Jan 2009
MEsoJD said:
Ah I love it but its so FRUSTRATING!!!! Just give him the damn CHOCOLATE!!!

This.

I know that Sawako's character is one of a timid and unsure nature since she has effectively been a pariah her whole school life but really, her shy procrastination was taken way too far in this episode for my liking.

And didn't she learn anything from the last series about what a complete cow Kurumi is?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 15, 2011

211 by Quiddity131 »»
Mar 23, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2011

182 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 8, 2011

221 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Feb 22, 2011

156 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Feb 8, 2011

202 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 6:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.