Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 9, 2011 2:15 PM

Aug 2010
LMFAAAO!!! That was sooo funny!! They beat the crap outta the crab guy
Jan 9, 2011 2:23 PM

Jul 2008
Total waster of an episode, if you strip the comedy out of a comedy anime your left with nothing. If they were gonna do a weird episode like this it shouldn't have been more than half an episode.
Jan 9, 2011 3:23 PM
Nov 2008
At first i was really disappointed that this wasn't a traditional Mitsudomoe episode but i really enjoyed this episode.
The bomb part, the bus fight, the "secret" hideout 30 meters above the ground, and the solar gun where all classic Mitsudomoe jokes.

Great start!
Jan 9, 2011 5:52 PM

Oct 2010
probably not the best way to start a new season but it was funny how incompetent the rangers were
Jan 9, 2011 6:51 PM

Aug 2008
What a stupid first episode. I was incredibly unamused throughout this Gachi Ranger crap. Seriously, if this isn't Mitsudomoe, I would have dropped it already.

I'm hoping the rest of the season will be good.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 9, 2011 7:02 PM

Apr 2009
I Gachi lol'd.
Jan 9, 2011 8:09 PM

Aug 2008
I thought they would do that for half an ep.....
Jan 9, 2011 8:52 PM

Sep 2009
ahahahaha
this episode was awesomely funny
not what i was expecting from the first episode but really funny and awesome ^_^
Gachi knuckle!

Jan 9, 2011 9:11 PM

Jul 2010
Gachi rolled! heheh Still enjoyed the episode even though I wanted to see the main cast more.
Jan 9, 2011 9:38 PM

Jan 2009
I see some people have mixed feelings, but being an avid Power Ranger fan from back in the day, I thought this episode was amazing. The fact they blatantly ripped them off and turned it into a farce was pretty good. While I agree it is a pretty weird way to start of the second series, I enjoyed it for what it was.
"I don't want to live the dream because dreams always end when they get to the good part." - Sebastian Carmichael, A.R. Dragonfly
Jan 9, 2011 11:01 PM

Oct 2010
systemkrash said:
I see some people have mixed feelings, but being an avid Power Ranger fan from back in the day, I thought this episode was amazing.
In regards to being a fan of power rangers I agree with you and of course this episode showed exactly that nostalgia but the problem with most of us here is that Mitsudomoe is not about that but about triplets. If they at least showed those triplets making pranks at that show then it would have been better but instead it was 90% focus on them. With only 8 episodes don't you think that it waste potential in regards to the triplets.

I could also say the same for ToLove RU when they wasted a whole episode on Magical Kyoko although that series was over 20 episodes. That's why I sympathize with people here in regards towards their anger to this episode's content.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 10, 2011 12:46 AM

Jun 2010
STM said:
nekomimiSenu said:
Japan found Seitokai Yakuindomo a lot more interesting, those tasteless bastards.

I liked Seitokai Yakuindomo a little, but it's not in Mitsudomoe's league.

In anime cliche terms, SYD is a hundred years too early to challenge Mitsudomoe.

Why do the Japanese always seem to snub the actually good shows?
Jan 10, 2011 2:32 AM

May 2010
lol, didn't know that gachi was this lame
well as long as i get to see hitoha~chan again everything is fine ><

~Nyaaa~

Jan 10, 2011 4:31 AM

Aug 2009
OrochiPL said:
^ Cause Seitokai Yakuindomo was a lot more interesting.

I thought Seitokai was incredibly repetitive and the jokes were only funny if you're a horny 13 year old that doesn't have any friends in high school to make such vulgar jokes with.

But opinions.
Jan 10, 2011 10:49 AM

Dec 2009
People are way too harsh on this episode... This was very good IMO. The female villain was awesome with her whip... Reminded me of Sadi-chan ^_^

But once again Hitoha stole the show :)
Jan 10, 2011 12:50 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
What the fuck? If this season is only 8 eps, I don't need them to waste an entire episode on a weird parody that's not half as funny as it could be. If the next ep is the same crap, I'll spend my time watching other shows.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 10, 2011 3:51 PM

Feb 2010
This was fkn horrible! Hitoha and how they beat the shit out of that crab made up for maybe 3 mins of it, this simply didn't deserve a whole episode. I hope the next episode will be better otherwise this season will be a HUGE disappointment.
Jan 10, 2011 8:28 PM

Mar 2009
They started out with the Rangers? Did not see that coming! I thought it was hilarious as all get out... Next week the return of normalcy! :D --- Randy
Jan 11, 2011 7:44 AM

Feb 2010
How nostalgic...

VOLTEZ V!! xD
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jan 11, 2011 11:21 PM

Feb 2009
Epic episode. Probably more entertaining that half the jokes in the original series (which were all misunderstanding-based or slapstick instead of being legit satirical or witty jokes). Still, I like the entire series and will watch everything anyway.

pookerampa said:
lol, didn't know that gachi was this lame

Well, if Hitoha's reaction is any indication, they're aren't this lame, but this was a crappy episode. lol
Jan 12, 2011 11:00 AM

Aug 2008
Awesome episode!

I love Gachi Ranger, nostalgic... =D
Jan 12, 2011 4:59 PM

Aug 2009
lmao! Well I thought it was funny especially how gachi ranger failed to save the kids in the school and bus and how hitoha plans to get revenge on the producers xDD
thought need MOAR Hitoha~

Jan 12, 2011 11:48 PM
Jul 2008
STM said:
OrochiPL said:
^ Cause Seitokai Yakuindomo was a lot more interesting.

I thought Seitokai was incredibly repetitive and the jokes were only funny if you're a horny 13 year old that doesn't have any friends in high school to make such vulgar jokes with.

But opinions.
Wait, you're talking about Yakuindomo or Panty and Stocking.

Well, it's not like I care, but I thought SYD was way better than mitsudomoe. And if you're comparing them, then I don't think saying SYD is repetitive helps you at all (yes, I'm implying mitsudomoe is pretty repetitive).
Jan 13, 2011 6:05 AM
Feb 2009
so anyone notice hitoha was mad at what they did to her show and most people here are mad at what they did to mistudomoe?
Jan 13, 2011 5:08 PM

Aug 2010
thyyg said:
Awesome episode!

I love Gachi Ranger, nostalgic... =D

yeah...

i thought this anime change the story become gachi rangers.. =D
it reminds me of Dai Sentai Goggle V.. =D
Jan 14, 2011 7:03 PM
Feb 2010
I hope I'm not the only one who realised this, cause I read the first few posts and I see no mention of this.

The front and middle part of the show was extremely ecchi, violent and cowardly, at least to kids. I do believe that Gachi Rangers is a kids show (at least in the anime), so what's with the fanservice and ridiculous shirking from responsibility?

Jan 15, 2011 1:00 AM
Nov 2008
The kids dying and the gachi rangers blaming it on the enemy was the joke.
Jan 16, 2011 1:27 AM

Jan 2009
As bad as this was supposed to be, I actually found it entertaining. Maybe we didn't need a whole episode on it, since I'd like my Mitsudomoe to have Marui girls antics. A Gachi Ranger OVA or something would've been fine though.
Jan 16, 2011 10:33 AM
May 2010
great episode, anyone else think gachi blue was Simon from TTGL? Sounded eerily similar
Jan 16, 2011 7:49 PM

Feb 2008
totally made fun of power rangers.....hehe

it was too funny though.
Jan 17, 2011 12:43 AM

Aug 2007
Terrible.

If I wanted to watch lazily crafted Japanese "satire," I certainly wouldn't be watching Mitsudomoe. The Super Sentai parodies occur frequently enough throughout this series; we don't need to have the same jokes shoved down our throats for an entire episode on top of that.
Jan 18, 2011 12:27 PM

Jul 2009
Dunkjoe said:

I took that as a parody of how those types of shows are usually done with stunt actors doing the hard work.

I liked this episode, mostly for the ED scenes.. there were SO MANY nods to first season... the green ranger, the broken belt, etc.
Jan 27, 2011 4:19 AM

Aug 2009
Endoh Masaaki <3
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jan 31, 2011 6:30 PM

Sep 2009
Enjoyed this episode! To all haters, taste the wrath of the gachi!

Anyone else noticed that pink gachi was replaced by a stuntman while she was driving the bus downhill? Made me lol.
Feb 5, 2011 5:25 AM
Aug 2009
Not the episode I was thinking it would be, but it was good all the same.
Feb 12, 2011 1:47 AM

Aug 2008
Fugles said:
so anyone notice hitoha was mad at what they did to her show and most people here are mad at what they did to mistudomoe?

Thank god someone else got the larger joke of this episode. This is my favorite first episode of a sequel ever. Epic trolling. Plus it was extremely funny if people would just watch it instead of sulking about it being a Gachi Ranger episode.
RacaholicFeb 12, 2011 1:51 AM
Feb 15, 2011 4:31 PM

Jun 2009
That was kind of stupid
Feb 28, 2011 7:08 PM

Dec 2006
babler said:
Fugles said:

Thank god someone else got the larger joke of this episode. This is my favorite first episode of a sequel ever. Epic trolling. Plus it was extremely funny if people would just watch it instead of sulking about it being a Gachi Ranger episode.

That!! xD

LOL it was a BIG FAIL but I really laughed at it !!
Mar 22, 2011 4:32 PM

Jul 2009
Didn't expect it to be Gachi Rangers, but it was fairly entertaining. Everyone was ridiculously stupid, which caused for a lot of laughs XD Well at least it's different from "typical" hero shows I guess ... but Hitoha's pissed XD
OP and ED were pretty cool I thought ;O
Oh well, looks like next episode will be more of the triplets :P
Jul 9, 2011 5:55 PM

Apr 2009
Don't see the hate for this episode. It was gachi-awesome.
Aug 17, 2011 1:09 PM

Oct 2009
Wow they suck. I like Pink and Black though ;3
Nov 15, 2011 8:02 AM

Nov 2010
Didn't even watch it. Just skimmed and watched the end bit that I actually care about.
Dec 6, 2011 1:25 PM
Jul 2011
It was quite frankly one of the funniest episodes in the series, they seriously showed a brilliant parody of sentai, it was funny how they screwed everything up, killed people and then blamed it on the villains, how the good guys ended up screwing everything, how all those people broke into the bar and quite frankly, the absolute beatdown of the crab.

FEEL MY GACHI RAGE, GACHI KNUCKLE, as they beat down the villain no like a hero of justice would but instead like a gang crime, beat them down, stamp on it then punch it and throw them into a furnace, oh god my sides hurt.

I can re-watch this episode continously :) 5/5

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Dec 29, 2011 12:59 AM

Nov 2007
LOL HOLY SHIT GACHI RANGERS. That was so TERRIBLE OMG lol I had my hand over my mouth all ":O!!!" for half of it. The blatant disregard for anyone's safety, killing kids so easily, the beating up of the crab... lmfao. Idk why anyone would complain, this is typical Mitsudomoe -- parodies and pushing the limits. Tick and tick!
Feb 2, 2012 4:43 PM

Oct 2009
LOL.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2012 7:42 PM

Dec 2009
Oh my... the Gachi Rangers are terrible lol atrocious.
Oct 6, 2012 2:36 AM

Jun 2007
I couldn't even manage to sit through it all properly because it was just so bad - I had to end up skipping through to the parts that had the triplets. Really disappointing, but at least it picks up again after this episode. But shit this was terrible.

If I wanted a sentai parody I'd watch Akiba Rangers or Sunred (which, hey, I have), I watch Mitsudomoe for my fat lolis, amazingly awesome dad, and great rest of the cast - not for this, which honestly wasn't even good AS a sentai parody. I wouldn't' have minded if it was just a pretend gachi ranger OP or even quarter of the episode being that...but a full episode? Too much, especially when none of the cast were involved somehow.

Bamboo Blade for example has a sentai show as a recurring element too, and eventually it gets a focus for a couple episodes - but instead of making a full pretend episode without more than 2 total minutes of the main cast, they went ahead and had the most prominent main character manage to get involved in filming a movie with them and going to a special live event, while also showing us what was going on with the other characters too.

This brings back bad memories of the Gundam arc in Gintama, which totally lost sight of what the show is and just went full on horribly done parody, forgetting the reason the show is good and loved in the first place by removing almost the entire main cast and focusing on having nothing other than some lame gundam references for a handful of episodes instead. Both shows forgot they are their own shows and got too focused on a parody for their own good.

By far the worst episode in the entirety of Mitsudomoe seasons 1 and 2, and really a terrible episode of anime in general.
Nov 3, 2012 3:22 AM

Sep 2010
Pfft they ended up getting the kids blown up instead of saving them and then blaming it on the enemy. xD

Also lol suspended drivers license. xD

5/5
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 22, 2012 5:08 PM

Jun 2009
LMAO!!! This is too much...

Are you the bloody applause monkey? Keep your sh*t comments to yourself or go troll on 4chan.
Apr 1, 2013 4:01 PM

Jan 2012
that was a gachi good episode!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Samu-tan - Feb 5, 2011

60 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 2:30 AM

Poll: » Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shuffleair - Jan 29, 2011

67 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Jan 22, 2011

69 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 15, 2011

77 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 1:36 AM

Poll: » Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 12, 2011

61 by HellindiuM »»
Mar 18, 3:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.