Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2007 4:22 PM

Oct 2006
Subbed by DB.

It was kinda the same thing again, and you really get no fanservice, even though there was many oppotunities :S

LOL, but hay, its pokemon, you cant NOT watch it
Aug 24, 2010 2:25 AM

Jun 2009
Fanservice? I don't think it was applicable here.. but if I get to see hotties then I want one

1st time to watch any of these season.. and started with the latest hehe

I only know pokemon up to Emerald version.. so everything is new again, it was quite good the starting episode
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Nov 29, 2014 5:08 AM

Jul 2014
Aika
She smiled and slightly nodded.
[b]-I tried not to wake you up...
Mar 27, 2015 3:52 PM
Apr 2013
"oh it tastes so good..umm are we spending the night in this bath?

Apr 4, 2015 10:02 PM
Jan 2012
I really don't get why people want/expect fanservice from a freaking Pokémon show... Still, on the subject of fanservice, I cannot deal with Hikari's ridiculously short skirt. The first time I watched DP I thought it looked ridiculous and impractical, but now that I am rewatching... How can she travel wearing only that? lol. It is not even about showing her underwear to literally everyone in Sinnoh, but the fact every time she sits, she is sitting with her bare butt... It is kinda unhygienic. Also, she is really lucky people on the Pokéworld aren't vile like real life people when it comes to sexual stuff.

On the bright side, Hikari herself is a likable character, although tolerating the obnoxious Pochama will be tough.
Jul 23, 2015 6:55 AM

May 2015
Niko

Oct 16, 2015 4:38 AM
Oct 2009
Really nostalgic this episode. :3
It was 2006 i was watch this last time in japanese, i didn't really like the western ost but its okay. ^^
Really good first episode, i really like hikari and her pochama. ^-^
Feb 22, 2017 10:51 AM

Jun 2009
I usually start Pokemon series' rip-roaring and ready to go with lots of energy. But they always take me 3 years or more to finish (it's true, check my list). Let's hope I can finish D&P in a timely manner, I'd like to catch up on Pokemon since I don't really play the games. Tbh, I can't wait to get to the gym battles and eventually the Lilly of the Valley conference. Alright, here we go!
loghneckbeardFeb 22, 2017 11:20 AM
Jan 3, 2019 2:56 PM
Mar 2018
I didn't really like this episode. There was some intense action and funny bits but for the most part it was pre boring without much in the way of an interesting plot. Especially disappointing since the last two premieres ("Pokemon- I Choose You!", "Get the Show on the Road!") were series highlights.
Sep 8, 2020 12:10 AM

Jan 2019
The nostalgia is hitting hard. Haven’t watched this since I was really young.
Mar 26, 2021 8:35 PM
Mar 2014
reilanimu said:
I really don't get why people want/expect fanservice from a freaking Pokémon show... Still, on the subject of fanservice, I cannot deal with Hikari's ridiculously short skirt. The first time I watched DP I thought it looked ridiculous and impractical, but now that I am rewatching... How can she travel wearing only that? lol. It is not even about showing her underwear to literally everyone in Sinnoh, but the fact every time she sits, she is sitting with her bare butt... It is kinda unhygienic. Also, she is really lucky people on the Pokéworld aren't vile like real life people when it comes to sexual stuff..

Her skirt isn't that short, lol. And anyway Pokemon doesn't have blatant fanservice like other anime so there's no chance of seeing anything when she jumps around.
Jun 27, 2021 9:22 PM

Sep 2017
Sinnoh let's gooo
Dawn chooses Piplup , Team rocket followed ash to sinnoh. now for a new adventure for ash.
Nov 7, 2021 1:34 PM

Nov 2016
It immediately clicked between Hikari and Pochama, lol.

I partially watched the D&P series as a kid, but I don't think I've ever seen the first episode. Nice start.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 29, 2021 4:29 AM
Mar 2014
Interesting that to this day, even over 16 years later, Dawn is the only female protagonist to get most of the first episode to herself. It's something they never did again with any of the girls who came after her.

It really let you know Dawn would be a co-star and not a supporting character right from the start. I guess you can say they "peaked" here in terms of female protagonist screentime and its been less and less ever since.
Dec 6, 2022 2:17 AM
Jul 2018
The entire first episode is spend on following Dawn as she begins her journey. What a way to begin a new season.
Mar 27, 2023 5:44 AM

Jan 2013
Decent start, aside from the starter Pokemon this is where my Pokemon knowledge pretty much ends.
I've never really played any Pokemon games (or watched anything related to Pokemon) that focused on Gen 4 or higher when I was younger.
Apr 13, 4:16 AM

Jun 2020
I switched from Horizons to this because I love Sinnoh so much. I found all of the episodes subbed except for 48? It is weird to see the Japanese name of all pokemon except fucking Ariados which I guess has the same name. Pretty interesting start, Dawn and Piplup have a cute bond and I actually really liked the moment where Piplup used bide.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Episode 20 Discussion

Zinvy - Sep 6, 2010

5 by Larutz »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Episode 15 Discussion

Zinvy - Sep 5, 2010

4 by Larutz »»
Today, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Episode 12 Discussion

Zinvy - Sep 4, 2010

5 by Larutz »»
Today, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Episode 11 Discussion

Zinvy - Sep 4, 2010

6 by Larutz »»
Today, 7:05 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Episode 8 Discussion

Zinvy - Sep 3, 2010

7 by Larutz »»
Today, 4:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.