MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Cardfight!! Vanguard »» Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
View Poll Results: Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

13 26.53%
4 out of 5: Liked it

18 36.73%
3 out of 5: It was OK

15 30.61%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 6.12%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 49

01-12-11, 4:05 AM

The system of playing is similar to magic if anyone has played... in some parts...

01-12-11, 4:05 AM

The system of playing is similar to magic if anyone has played... in some parts...

01-12-11, 10:02 AM

Omnime said:

:D
Hello my name is Ben.
こんにちは私の名前はベンです

01-12-11, 3:34 PM

ThorAxe911 said:
Omnime said:

:D

俺の名前は勇です。よろしくな。

01-13-11, 1:17 PM

Well that looked like Yu-Gi-Oh but after the explanation it got better and it's kinda different... I think I'll give it a shot :)

01-15-11, 1:15 AM

That was actually a pretty fun episode, and while I don't really understand the game all too much yet, it looks like it has potential. Seems pretty light hearted compared to Yugioh, but I don't think that will stop it from possibly becoming an actual card game as well.

01-15-11, 8:54 AM

Well....that was dry. I mean, at least Yu-Gi-Oh! had the supernatural element going for it (that, and YGO's original intent was not to advertise a card game). The characters are cliched, the animation is sloppy, and the card game rules are REALLY FREAKING CONFUSING. I'll give it another episode (after all, this just screams of an anime to watch on Saturday mornings), but it doesn't have me hooked. At all.

01-16-11, 5:20 PM

Good ep but..gonna be a while before I understand the rules.. I mean a bunch of monsters (units) were summoned in one turn XD.

01-16-11, 11:09 PM

The episode was decent, i'm interested in the gameplay and the art seems well done. I don't get why people call this a clone of yugioh...there are similarities between them but i wouldn't call it a clone. looking forward to the next episode

01-16-11, 11:11 PM

it was ASS-TASTIC!!!

seriously, you know the show is bad when the animation looks worse than professional newgrounds cartoons. not only that, but the game doesn't look interesting...at all. i'm sorry, but the only reason this show exists is to sell a dumb card game. at least yugioh attempts a plot (as idiotic as it is).

04-16-12, 3:01 PM

The hero needs to grow a spine and get a new seiyuu. Also, it would be impossible to build a functional deck without at least knowing the rules :/

Hopefully it'll get better.

06-04-12, 11:12 AM

After having dropped this after like 6 eps, I'm revisiting it b/c they've posted the dub on youtube.

I initially dropped it b/c I couldn't take Aichi's voice anymore!
I tried, the show itself started to get pretty interesting, and I like the game, but dat voice @_@!!!

The Singapore dub isn't the best dub, but I still find it enjoyable.
I think everyone's voice is pretty good, except Kai's.
It should sound cockier, and not so monotone, maybe it will get better when he gets more excited about playing.

But, the dub is good enough to actually watch it.

It seems they're streaming it on youtube, b/c no networks in the states/Canada would pick it up?
Not a surprise if that is the case, b/c they kept all the original names, and stayed very faithful to the Japanese language when they translated it.
That's a plus for me, I hate when they Americanize the crap outta these shows.
But, it would be cool to get this on tv in the states.
Maybe if the game gets popular 4kids will pick it up.

Hopefully they post the full season on youtube, and dub the second season and post it as well
Is anyone even subbing the second season?

Urahara Out!!

11-06-12, 2:41 PM

I'm up to episode 42 at the moment. But I figured I should start here for my first comment. I didn't know there were discussions about animes like this going on. The first episode was a bit slow, and to be honest I dropped it for a month or two before coming back to it.

I like card games like this having been playing Magic since Revised, and I've tried Yugioh, Star Trek, Pokemon etc. I actually found I like this show better then the Yugioh anime once I gave it a decent chance.

01-07-13, 6:38 PM

seems funny

08-05-13, 11:08 AM

Seems to me like they're trying to copy yugioh, but I did like the series and card game so maybe I'll enjoy watching this. Halfway through, I was even considering buying a starter deck and seeing if I can try to learn this game! hehe.

08-09-13, 9:52 PM

Finally started watching this. The concept reminds me of Yugioh...

MC is a bit wimpy heh. Oh wait, is he pretending or something? because of the ending. Not bad I guess. I'm still a little confused about the concept of the game so I'll watch more.

ED song is also kinda catchy.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices