Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 7, 2011 5:16 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
After 5 min I was ready to commit sepakku :/

But once the actual battle got started it was pretty decent.

The game looks fun, I might consider playing it if it gets any popularity in the states.

Aichi started out as a tool, but it seems like that was somewhat of an act....hopefully!

Kai is alright, typical cocky jerk, who's probably about to get pwnd!

I'll probably at least watch another episode, see if it gets any better.

When did Nagato grow long hair?

Urahara Out!!
Jan 7, 2011 5:38 PM

Sep 2007
Was a "normal" episode.
Didn't expected so much ... So it's was good in his side.
Jan 7, 2011 5:42 PM

Oct 2009
Somewhat decent i guess.
Fucking hated Aichi's voice.
Jan 7, 2011 6:50 PM

Aug 2010
This was failtastic.
Jan 7, 2011 7:47 PM

Nov 2009
Failtastic? I think it was pretty good, for a first episode. 4/5
Jan 7, 2011 8:25 PM

Oct 2009
Well it does seem to be drawn better than Yu-Gi-Oh! However, I don't really see any strategy to this game just yet. Hopefully next ep will be better.
Jan 7, 2011 10:32 PM

Nov 2007
Ralem said:
Somewhat decent i guess.
Fucking hated Aichi's voice.

I think it was kind of lame when Kai said 'Picture our fight in your mind'. I mean, cliche?

Overall, quite decent I guess. I did not expect a cliff hanger. On the first episode.

Jan 8, 2011 3:12 AM

Feb 2010
i don't expect much it is a yugi oh clone/copy after all but hope for some nice duells.
Jan 8, 2011 4:08 AM

Jul 2008
the fact that it is so similar to YGO makes it cool...
Jan 8, 2011 4:13 AM

May 2009
Well i don't like how everybody looks (not enough detail) and the card game seems pretty simple. It's ok, but frankly i expected better.
Jan 8, 2011 5:50 AM

Jan 2010
Why is everyone saying its like yugioh? The only similarity is that its a card game. If anything its more like Pokemon (the card game obviously)

I am proud to have Clannad as the only thing on my dropped list.
Jan 8, 2011 7:07 AM

Oct 2009
"Mommy! I want a Blaster Blade card! Get it for me now!!" Seriously, that's what I would have said if watched this as a child. The blatant advertising for the cards was ridiculous, constantly flashing them in our faces. This anime is so below average... Dropped!
Jan 8, 2011 7:46 AM

Jun 2010
I found it decent enough, although way similar to the first YGO series. I mean, naive guy that has a rare card and he is bullied, like Yugi from the first series. Then, arrogant rival guy that defeat everyone, similar to Kaiba.
The girl didn't do anything, but just watching, she seems good enough.

Maybe Vanguard will be better than the upcoming Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal.
Jan 8, 2011 8:07 AM

May 2008
if you are talking about similarity i say its similar to Weiss Schwarz in fact its quite similar but i still didnt really understand the game it does seems easy to play though

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 8, 2011 9:02 AM

Sep 2010
Xavierxenon said:
Why is everyone saying its like yugioh? The only similarity is that its a card game. If anything its more like Pokemon (the card game obviously)

I've read that there was similar staff in both anime, http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=273310
Jan 8, 2011 11:16 AM

Sep 2008
We didn't get to see an entire fight, and I suspect that we haven't seen all the subtleties of the rule system yet. Still needs some time to grow.

I like it because it is a cardgame.
Jan 8, 2011 12:38 PM

Nov 2009
I found the actual appearance of the cards to be quite interesting. Shiny =P

The game itself is fairly confusing but hopefully I'll get the gist of it in a few episodes.
Jan 8, 2011 12:40 PM

Jan 2011
what is the first epp name?
Jan 8, 2011 12:41 PM

Aug 2009
JAM doing the op is enough for me to watch this
Jan 8, 2011 12:51 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah I'm really like this trading card anime, very enjoyable to watch. ^_^

Looking forward for next episode!

I'm glad they bring another anime trading game than yu gi oh this season :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 8, 2011 4:28 PM

Sep 2009
if gives off the yu-gi-oh vibe, which is good...I'll def enjoy this....I have to say that at first, I thought that silver haired girl was actually a boy XD
Jan 8, 2011 4:47 PM

Mar 2009
lol man only the last 10mins was worth that whole episode. I hope this series will actually yield something decent not another failed "card" based anime...

Can't wait till they reveal how they know each other tho...
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Jan 8, 2011 9:45 PM

Mar 2009
I've played weiss schwarz and yes the gameplay is exactly like it except it uses monsters and not anime characters. Yes the story is similar to yugioh but the game itself is that of weiss schwarz
Jan 9, 2011 12:41 AM

Oct 2008
Ok, not a bad first ep.
But there's room for the series to get better.
Will continue to watch of course.
Jan 9, 2011 2:18 AM

Jan 2009
Game_Master said:
JAM doing the op is enough for me to watch this

Exactly what i think
Jan 9, 2011 4:08 AM
Mar 2008
StellaNoxFleuret said:
I found it decent enough, although way similar to the first YGO series. I mean, naive guy that has a rare card and he is bullied, like Yugi from the first series. Then, arrogant rival guy that defeat everyone, similar to Kaiba.

Heh,who knows,we'll just have to wait and see,so far this show is'nt half bad,ussially i cannot stand these types of animes,but this one was a breath of fresh air,I like the idea where the players become one with the monsters (AKA: Vanguards) and this is defentially alot better than CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES! (AKA: Yugioh 5d's)
Jan 9, 2011 5:51 AM

Nov 2007
I hate card games. I don't want to watch this.
But Aichi is so HNNNNGHHHHH.
Anyway, if he turns out to be ... strong and not that little girly weak cuuuute boy... I'll drop it.
Also, I don't understand the game. XD'
Jan 9, 2011 8:26 AM

Jul 2009
Blackbird said:
Yeah I'm really like this trading card anime, very enjoyable to watch. ^_^

Looking forward for next episode!

I'm glad they bring another anime trading game than yu gi oh this season :)

I know what you mean!

lordzenchi said:
lol man only the last 10mins was worth that whole episode. I hope this series will actually yield something decent not another failed "card" based anime...

Can't wait till they reveal how they know each other tho...

It seems that Kai gave Aichi the card he'll use to beat him with in their first match? Irony? A chance for a little twist? We have to wait for next week to see ;-;

shadowsword said:
Ok, not a bad first ep.
But there's room for the series to get better.
Will continue to watch of course.

I agree.
Jan 9, 2011 8:55 AM

Jun 2010
ChronoBallX said:
StellaNoxFleuret said:

Heh,who knows,we'll just have to wait and see,so far this show is'nt half bad,ussially i cannot stand these types of animes,but this one was a breath of fresh air,I like the idea where the players become one with the monsters (AKA: Vanguards) and this is defentially alot better than CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLES! (AKA: Yugioh 5d's)

I just wonder; Vanguard is listed to have 13 episodes, what a card game anime can do in 13 episodes? Unless it has more seasons.

I liked 5D's, unlike GX that was all silly and Zexal seems to direct towards that way. I hope though, that Vanguard will get a little dark.
Jan 9, 2011 10:46 AM
May 2010
i find it quite interesting
Jan 9, 2011 12:22 PM

Feb 2010
ending by Natsuko Aso <3

They have such imagination to play like that =o
Jan 9, 2011 3:37 PM

Apr 2009
Dropped.
Jan 9, 2011 3:42 PM

Jun 2008
damn it even started like YGO o__o
like bluehair guy got bullied by that blackhair dude but then afterwards they probz become friends, just like joy and yugi at start. and kai is like kaiba, lol they even sound kai..kaiba..and that supercard blade blazer (wat was name?) is like dark magician and not even talking about game itself but i guess this kind of card duel anime is somekind of genre now?
oh and how everything beggins in card shop and how this main card is from someone special and how main char is small shy guy etc..well yups totally YGO!

even tho i would wish this would start in some way different and more originally i kind of like it anywayz? idk will give this some more eps n then decide if i wanna watch it or no.

i like the card design however <3
Jan 10, 2011 6:12 AM

Aug 2010
I actually enjoyed this a lot. I dont really expect everyone to find it interesting though. I think one of the main reasons I enjoy it is because i'm an avid card gamer myself x) Thousands of Yu Gi Oh Cards, Even more Magic The Gathering Cards...I'm definitely interested in Vangaurd :D I'll definitely continue to watch, hopefully it'll gain popularity in the states, but that probably wouldn't be until the show starts getting dubbed would be my guess.
Jan 10, 2011 9:07 AM

May 2007
I like it.
Jan 11, 2011 7:29 AM
May 2010
i find this show to be nothing more than a Yugioh side story in somewhat but without the dark side coming in to play

at best i watch one more episode to see if the story get any better other than that IT A FREAKING RIPPED-OFF
Jan 11, 2011 7:59 AM
Jan 2009
I also liked it, but YGO is still better imo.
The card game seems like a mix between Duel Masters and Pokémon (I haven't played Weiss Schwarz so I dunno bout that one)
Jan 11, 2011 7:56 PM
Jan 2011
I like it, mostly because I WAS a avid card gamer myself.
Jan 12, 2011 4:05 AM

Jul 2010
The system of playing is similar to magic if anyone has played... in some parts...
Jan 12, 2011 4:05 AM

Jul 2010
The system of playing is similar to magic if anyone has played... in some parts...
Jan 12, 2011 10:02 AM

Aug 2010
Omnime said:

:D
Jan 12, 2011 3:34 PM

Jul 2010
ThorAxe911 said:
Omnime said:

:D

俺の名前は勇です。よろしくな。
Jan 13, 2011 1:17 PM

Jul 2010
Well that looked like Yu-Gi-Oh but after the explanation it got better and it's kinda different... I think I'll give it a shot :)
Jan 15, 2011 1:15 AM

Jan 2009
That was actually a pretty fun episode, and while I don't really understand the game all too much yet, it looks like it has potential. Seems pretty light hearted compared to Yugioh, but I don't think that will stop it from possibly becoming an actual card game as well.
Jan 15, 2011 8:54 AM

Dec 2007
Well....that was dry. I mean, at least Yu-Gi-Oh! had the supernatural element going for it (that, and YGO's original intent was not to advertise a card game). The characters are cliched, the animation is sloppy, and the card game rules are REALLY FREAKING CONFUSING. I'll give it another episode (after all, this just screams of an anime to watch on Saturday mornings), but it doesn't have me hooked. At all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2011 5:20 PM

May 2009
Good ep but..gonna be a while before I understand the rules.. I mean a bunch of monsters (units) were summoned in one turn XD.
Jan 16, 2011 11:09 PM

May 2009
The episode was decent, i'm interested in the gameplay and the art seems well done. I don't get why people call this a clone of yugioh...there are similarities between them but i wouldn't call it a clone. looking forward to the next episode
Jan 16, 2011 11:11 PM
Mar 2009
it was ASS-TASTIC!!!

seriously, you know the show is bad when the animation looks worse than professional newgrounds cartoons. not only that, but the game doesn't look interesting...at all. i'm sorry, but the only reason this show exists is to sell a dumb card game. at least yugioh attempts a plot (as idiotic as it is).
Apr 16, 2012 3:01 PM

Feb 2008
The hero needs to grow a spine and get a new seiyuu. Also, it would be impossible to build a functional deck without at least knowing the rules :/

Hopefully it'll get better.
Jun 4, 2012 11:12 AM

Mar 2009
After having dropped this after like 6 eps, I'm revisiting it b/c they've posted the dub on youtube.

I initially dropped it b/c I couldn't take Aichi's voice anymore!
I tried, the show itself started to get pretty interesting, and I like the game, but dat voice @_@!!!

The Singapore dub isn't the best dub, but I still find it enjoyable.
I think everyone's voice is pretty good, except Kai's.
It should sound cockier, and not so monotone, maybe it will get better when he gets more excited about playing.

But, the dub is good enough to actually watch it.

It seems they're streaming it on youtube, b/c no networks in the states/Canada would pick it up?
Not a surprise if that is the case, b/c they kept all the original names, and stayed very faithful to the Japanese language when they translated it.
That's a plus for me, I hate when they Americanize the crap outta these shows.
But, it would be cool to get this on tv in the states.
Maybe if the game gets popular 4kids will pick it up.

Hopefully they post the full season on youtube, and dub the second season and post it as well
Is anyone even subbing the second season?

Urahara Out!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 9 Discussion

Nanodesu - Mar 4, 2011

10 by ZaneRobie »»
Feb 9, 2023 12:37 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 58 Discussion

vanissa45 - Feb 10, 2012

20 by Zetsumu »»
Sep 27, 2022 4:03 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 4 Discussion

Nanodesu - Jan 28, 2011

24 by SemperKaladin »»
Aug 10, 2022 8:13 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 62 Discussion

vanissa45 - Mar 9, 2012

21 by Gvendoline »»
Apr 7, 2021 6:01 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 55 Discussion

vanissa45 - Jan 20, 2012

11 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 26, 2021 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.