MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica »» Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (19) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

310 52.81%
4 out of 5: Liked it

163 27.77%
3 out of 5: It was OK

89 15.16%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

17 2.90%
1 out of 5: Hated it

8 1.36%
Voters: 587

08-27-11, 10:26 PM

Rasco said:
IT was just below decent but im sure things will make more sense as i keep watching

all for fun.fun for all

08-28-11, 11:47 PM

controlmajortom said:
Wow, that was incredibly boring.

I'll give it one more ep before deciding to drop or not.
Give it two more please.

09-05-11, 11:33 PM

MUAHAHAH.
wtf?

09-05-11, 11:35 PM

BrickBreak said:
PrometheusZero said:
Also, how crazy are those classrooms?
Very crazy. They based the design off an Austrian prison!

On that note, Mitakihara's architecture has loads of references to real-life buildings.

whoa crazy stuff!!
seriously. what kind of damn luxury prison is that!?!?!?

09-11-11, 6:20 PM

Monad said:
Don't like the character design and not a fan of magical girls especially when they come with cute little animals but there were some interesting elements. I can imagine a lot worse and cheesier ways of starting a magical girl story so I guess they didn't do an awful job.

I will watch more episodes before i start forming an opinion. At least it had made me intrigue enough to watch more.
Why the Hell Monad always steals the exact words I wanna say? xD Not kiddin tho I don't mind cute little animal-like sidekicks... But seriously the start was so different compared to the middle and then towards the end the anime became weird once again.... There's still lots of mysteries to solve but certainly the way it was portrayed was awesome and really interesting... This Dark Magical Girl Settting is really new to me and is great to experience something different.

By the way for those who didn't like this first episode or dislike the genre or any other reason why they hate the episode, try a pair of ways to avoid the hate: Forget everything else and just enjoy the show having fun with it or avoid it at all costs...

It was an interesting start... a classic slice of life middle part, an interesting intro to a character that might be good but bad at the same time, a unexplainable transition and a really psychedelic closing scene... Really... Butterflies and then Mr. Pringles-like Cotton/dandelion thingies.... What was that... Oh and don't forget the muskets... Cool formation by the way.... Really what was that? xD Oh and I like the cool buildings... Really well made... I really like the futurist feel they add to the show

Oh and the audio... It was top-notch... Obviously Yuki Kajiura-sama did and awesome work with the BGM and Kalafina was great too... and also the VA's were great... again I liked Madoka's VA that contrasted a lot with her charac design...

I'm really intrigued and I still wanna watch the anime. Okay the animation ain't perfect has lots of discrepancies like the bg's vs the characters, especially Madoka and the Green-haired Friend, but seriously it was a great start ^^

Signs,
Green
Modified by rebwaters, 09-11-11, 6:24 PM

10-22-11, 1:18 PM

Too much cutesy -_- but the story looks interesting so far.

I really don't like these designs though.

10-26-11, 3:47 AM

I thought it was a great first episode :D

The characters were really interesting, and the storyline has got me definitely wanting to know what'll happen next :D!!

11-27-11, 10:37 PM

The plot and characterization so far adhere to Magical Girl conventions, but the execution made this episode entertaining. Also, glad to see that Shaft laid off the nonsensical camera angles and pretentious drivel that plagued Bakemonogatari and adopted a much down-to-earth visual and writing style. The character design also grew on me by the end of the episode, and I knew when I heard the music that it was Yuki Kajiura.
Modified by Hayatempest, 11-28-11, 2:26 AM
My OTP

Kihel:"from Dianna Soreil to Dianna Soreil."
Dianna: "from Kihel Heim to Kihel Heim."

12-04-11, 8:38 AM

Shaft just take magical girls anime into a whole new level~

The story kinda interesting so far, with the character design quite unique and cute. The music is something that is very impressive in my opinion. I really get the feeling of this episode due to the music used and lastly, the voice actor cast is very fitting or each characters so far =)

01-01-12, 8:09 AM

Incredible art style, interesting plot and characters. The opening minutes were very unexpected and mind blowing!

It's made a great first impression on me (its living up to the recommendations so far), I'm intrigued on how the story may develop.

01-11-12, 12:21 AM

Not sure if i should continue watching.
I really loved the background (Reminds me of Bakemonogatari), but the plot is kinda.. i dont know.
Might give it a try only cuz SHAFT is boss.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

01-12-12, 6:21 AM

KyonSmith said:
Not sure if i should continue watching.
I really loved the background (Reminds me of Bakemonogatari), but the plot is kinda.. i dont know.
Might give it a try only cuz SHAFT is boss.

Believe me,after just 1 episode you know nothing about the plot ;)

this is fate zero writer X shaft , trust them!
all for fun.fun for all

02-10-12, 4:10 PM

I forgot how amazing that first episode is!

I just got my Limited Edition Vol 1 in the mail, and it's so win!

The box is baller, the cases are fantastic!

The extras are awesome as well, especially the postcards with the preview images!

The poster and stickers are awesome, I will definitely be getting Vol's 2&3 limited edition.
Will be pre-ordering them soon!

Urahara Out!!

02-10-12, 9:03 PM

I tried to watch the live stream of the first ep. dubbed but my computer executed an epic fail. I think I caught two minutes near the beginning and that was it.

02-15-12, 2:19 PM

Damn, this show is much better then I remembered.
Really like the mix of atmosphere or cute school life and psychological thriller these first few episodes.
4.5/5 for the first episode.

02-17-12, 4:39 PM

Well, god damn does this look fantastic on Blu Ray wow.

Nothing really plot wise however, looking forward to see where this goes.
Check out my Seasonal rankings and my Blog where I Rank the series airing in summer 2012 and just talk about the series in general.

04-11-12, 1:57 PM

That was... strange. XD It switches from being dark to cutesy and back again. I'm not too sure about the animation--at times it looks amazing and then it looks weird at others, but hey, I've heard good things about this so. I'mma keep watching.

The music's really good, too. owo *is already in love with the opening theme ahaha*

04-16-12, 10:53 AM

What on Earth?

04-16-12, 12:13 PM

I have no idea what to think...
Half of it was girlier than the first episodes of Nanoha and half of it felt like I was high :D The visuals were sometimes good (like in the dream scene), but the one in the plaza was ridiculously weird.
I heard many praise for this anime so I really hope that it won't focus too much on the Mahou Shoujo aspect. Can't wait to see the psychological thriller parts and the big OMG change which everyone talks about, since it is a very short anime I will surely not drop it.

04-16-12, 8:39 PM

This is certainly different from what I expected. This episode had a couple of silly cliches, but then again, every anime does. Very entertaining first episode.

Pages (19) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices