Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 3, 2011 7:59 PM
Jul 2009
I didn't like Riku that much anyway..
Jul 7, 2011 3:55 PM

Nov 2008
Stupid Diva....she should just go and die already. I can't believe Riku died : (
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Aug 3, 2011 10:08 PM

Jan 2011
Just goes to show that no-one is absolutely safe in this anime. Diva is a good example of a psychopath at work--other people are just objects to be used to achieve her desires. That may explain some of the difference between Diva and Saya in a fight--Diva doesn't care who gets hurt as long as she gets her target, Saya will try and avoid collateral damage to the bystanders.

I wonder what her child will be like?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 5, 2011 3:38 PM

Feb 2011
If Diva became pregnant using Saya's chevalier, then Saya can get pregnant using Diva's chevalier. I finally see why Solomon is so obsessed with Saya!

Aug 13, 2011 6:43 AM
Aug 2011
ok, I'm not crazy, I know this is a fictional story made by a group of people and the characters are not even actors just drawings lol :D BUT THIS GODDAMN EPISODE TRAUMATIZED ME in ways I can't even describe.

The creators just hit me in my weakest spot, that kid was underage man!! who the hell wrote this episode? rape? wtf? I have seen bad things in movies/anime but this was the most disturbing scene-death-episode ever. They made us(at least me) love this kid and then this...It's not entertaining, it does not add anything valuable to the story it's just disturbing and heartbreaking.

What shocks me is that there are people who decriminalize Diva. I don't care what the hell she has been through NOTHING justifies the rape and murder of a little boy. "She just wanted a family" my ass. Perhaps if she wasn't a sadist psycho b**ch she could have been kind to Riku instead of raping and killing him (the f**k? ) and then she could have had two brothers and a sister..there you go, family.
Aug 27, 2011 6:13 PM

Jun 2011
That was definitely unexpected. I was hoping Riku would show some Chevalier powers like Haji. Rape and murder of an underage kid? That goes beyond any sadist pedo-psychopath villain I've ever seen in a show.

On a side note, this thread got a lot of attention it seems ;)
Oct 1, 2011 10:47 PM

Feb 2010
Dissent said:
That was definitely unexpected. I was hoping Riku would show some Chevalier powers like Haji. Rape and murder of an underage kid? That goes beyond any sadist pedo-psychopath villain I've ever seen in a show.

On a side note, this thread got a lot of attention it seems ;)

yea that was unexpected and I would have hoped he would have at least tried to throw a punch or something not just stand still. yea this thread is on the 3rd page dam lol.
Sheepshaman.png
May 14, 2012 5:35 PM

Sep 2011
Wow he actually died? That explains why he wasn't a main character.
Aug 30, 2012 11:37 PM

Nov 2011
Oh wow this episode...poor Riku.

All that for the blood, the F.
Oct 28, 2012 12:00 PM

Jan 2012
I can't predict most of this show, I actually watched this one and the one with Irene on the same day, so 2 deaths in one day, so much fun :(
I still like Diva because the "psycho type bad guy" is one of my favorites in anime/games, I love how she's so sadistic
Dec 5, 2012 4:54 PM

Dec 2011
This episode angered me in so many ways. The way the situation was handled by Red Shield was very poor. Let's broadcast that the ship is going to explode over the intercom so that the enemies can hear it as well. I mean, obviously, Diva and the Phantom were going to escape with out without the heads up..but still!

Riku's death..can't say I'm sad about it. His voice is VERY annoying in dub version and he and his brother have been useless since Saya began to remember what she is. The way he died was upsetting though since he is, after all, a child.
Dec 24, 2012 6:41 AM

Dec 2012
ARGHHH!! This is the most heart breaking episode ever!!
The way Diva killed Riku is too much for me to handle, it make me cried when I see him broken into pieces TT_TT
Jan 23, 2013 9:49 AM

Jan 2012
So Riku was useless till the end.

Mar 17, 2013 8:26 AM

Sep 2009
Riku!!! No way!!! :(((((((((
Damn you DIVA!!!! You raped him! He's only a kid!!! ><
Apr 25, 2013 8:00 PM

Jun 2012
aw poor riku :(
Jun 14, 2013 9:32 PM
Feb 2013
Wow, this was a really good episode. Can't believe Riku actually died. I thought he was going to develop into one bad ass chevalier... i guess i thought wrong.
Dec 16, 2013 4:33 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Almost or a real bolt from the blue, you could sum up the narrative.
I was almost wondering how the plot evolved, when the response arrives. Oh well! XD
The pathos starts to rise again, the promo promises some nice changes.
Do not you get bored during the narrative, looking back with a cool head, I wonder why Riku was part of the cast! But one idea I am made even the smallest!
The story seems to start again, almost as if it were a second season! Who knows what in store for us! * _ *
Jun 22, 2014 12:31 AM

Sep 2013
Riku's death totally caught me off guard,

I really wasn't expecting that to happen but I guess it was bound to happen soon enough, I really LOVE how this anime is not too cliche as others these days
Aug 2, 2014 3:36 PM
Jun 2014
i couldn't believe it when I saw riku's crystalized corpse. I'm really disappointed with the direction they took with riku. Both riku and kai are bothering me for not trying to make themselves stronger. so far thats been all talk. i'm expecting kai to finally man up and grow a pair. i don't think he'll become sayas chevalier though.
and damn haji's composure is hot and all but he needs to get more passionate so that he can put some strenghth into his battles.

everyone is pissing me off right now.

Diva needs to died after carl

... btw did she rape riku... like wtf. even if riku survived that he wouldn't have been scared since diva and saya have the same face.
this episode is just... damn. I EXPECT THE SERIES TO GET BETTER FROM HERE ON! >.<
Aug 5, 2014 8:54 AM

Jul 2014
Aokaado said:
Diva raped riku 0_o and then killed him.... wow

^This. This is fucked up.

How can they kill a character twice? That's so cruel! But on the other hand, maybe it's better that he died. Obviously, the way he died was disturbing, to say the least. But he would have stayed a child forever. I didn't like that. And let's not forget that the Chevaliers are supposed to be Diva's/Saya's lovers (that's kinda messed up). And I think Riku would have gone nuts to wait thru Saya's 30 years sleep.

And now what? I hope Diva is not gonna come for Kai, is she? To make him her Chevalier and turn him against Saya? I have this baaad feeling...

Fizzie217 said:
haji's composure is hot and all but he needs to get more passionate so that he can put some strenghth into his battles.

...and I think Saya needs it. And I need it. I need it so badly *_* (runs to read fanfiction)
Apr 2, 2015 7:52 PM

Jul 2013
KitKatze said:
ok, I&#039;m not crazy, I know this is a fictional story made by a group of people and the characters are not even actors just drawings lol :D BUT THIS GODDAMN EPISODE TRAUMATIZED ME in ways I can&#039;t even describe.

The creators just hit me in my weakest spot, that kid was underage man!! who the hell wrote this episode? rape? wtf? I have seen bad things in movies/anime but this was the most disturbing scene-death-episode ever. They made us(at least me) love this kid and then this...It&#039;s not entertaining, it does not add anything valuable to the story it&#039;s just disturbing and heartbreaking.

What shocks me is that there are people who decriminalize Diva. I don&#039;t care what the hell she has been through NOTHING justifies the rape and murder of a little boy. &quot;She just wanted a family&quot; my ass. Perhaps if she wasn&#039;t a sadist psycho b**ch she could have been kind to Riku instead of raping and killing him (the f**k? ) and then she could have had two brothers and a sister..there you go, family.
Indeed. Shes a monster. Lock her right back in that tower for all eternity instead.
Dec 4, 2015 3:32 AM

Feb 2010
Rik :( She killed him. After she raped him. Goddamn.
(I can't imagine how she could manage it, though - terror is a major turn off, you know)
Raped by his beloved sister's twin.
While Kai had to watch it.
It's so bad it's good.
Diva is a psychopat, but she is more likeable of the villains, I sympathise with her. Her only flaw is lack of empathy. Anshel, on the other hand, is just an evil bastard, who was long in charge of Diva and continues to screw with Diva's blood, making those monsters.

Haji was realy angry about Rik's death.

What's the use of sinking the ship when Phantom can fly? How the hell Saya can stop them from flying away? That's stupid.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Dec 4, 2015 3:42 AM

Feb 2010
CanzonE said:
If Diva became pregnant using Saya&#039;s chevalier, then Saya can get pregnant using Diva&#039;s chevalier. I finally see why Solomon is so obsessed with Saya!

Perhaps he's just like me wanting to have both girls.

Adellaeda said:
Aokaado said:
Diva raped riku 0_o and then killed him.... wow

How can they kill a character twice? That's so cruel!

See Inuyasha, where they had killed my favorite character THREE TIMES.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Mar 8, 2016 11:49 AM

Sep 2014
Wow, I didn't expect riku to die. Guess they wont be able to go to Okinawa with riku anymore :(

I didn't realize she raped him, I only thought she fed him her blood. Guess she did rape him.

I also thought Kai was about to become Diva's chevalier for a second.
Jun 15, 2016 4:22 PM

Jan 2008
This episode just... wow...
Jul 22, 2016 11:59 AM
Jul 2016
OMG
My heart was pounding so hard when I saw Diva looking for Riku, and Saya wasn't there!
Then Riku's teriffied face when Diva got undressed!
Haha a face a boy does when he sees a naked crazy chiropteran disguised as a woman ^.^

Heartless Diva, be gone already!
Jul 23, 2016 11:01 PM
May 2010
Kimi- said:
i cried my eyes out on this episode Riku was an innocent character that i would've loved to see grow into something brilliant.
I think Diva is sickeningly cruel without even knowing it.

I agree, I don't think Diva has any kind of understanding of a moral compass, she's simply pampered by her chevalier, except for the bearded one.. he seems a bit scummy given how he's keeping shit secret. I honestly think that this episode is one of the moments that define the series in terms of how far it's willing to go to be itself.

Also in regards to solomon, I think the part about them being one another "Pair" rings in a sense true. In that case, she had to go for either Riku and Haji, and given how riku was the far easier target... Yeah, I think Riku was turned into a chevalier just for this setup. Damn Onions... Though I think it's an almost GOT level plot twist though worthy of praise, it proves that whilst plot armor is thick for many, unexpected happenings can still occur.
Jul 26, 2016 3:18 AM

Jun 2015
Damn that was very sad and shocking episode for sure. I feel bad for the poor Kai who already depressed for all the shit they gone through. Seems like we will have a time-skip next episode.
en_____ said:
Divinity_123 said:
lmao riku got owned

but if you were gonna die, that's the way to go ;)
lol, hopefully there'll be a doujin for this eventually

I'm reading the doujin right now.
Aug 10, 2016 11:27 AM
Aug 2012
poor Riku and hot matured Kai in the next episode...
Oct 11, 2016 9:48 AM

Oct 2014
yes finally annoying riku is dead next up is kai
Jun 12, 2017 1:21 PM

Jan 2011
Really? Sinking that ship is the solution? Even if you ignore all about Chiroptera being all but immortal...

Diva arrived on the ship while it was in the middle of ocean without anyone even noticing anything. What makes them think that she can not go the way she came?

The best possible outcome for it would be for Diva to be stuck under a lot of stuff and sinking to the ground of the ocean together with the rest of the ship. Given her supernatural strength and speed and ability to simply heal if anything gets broken etc., thats extremely unlikely. Heck, a regular chiroptera as able to get ouf of a concrete block with just a bit of motivation.

I have to admit we don't know exactly if chiroptera can drown (unless i missed that), but it seems unlikely.

I also don't understand why they keep having so many guys with regular weapons. They don't do shit. Given that they have the perfect weapon against chiroptera almost freely available, thats just dumb. Even without going around and feeding on anyone Saya could regularly donate blood. This they could use to coat knives, and maybe even bullets and such.

Saya could at least give Haji something right before the fight starts. In almost all fights he manages to get a few of his knives in, but they don't do shit. If he'd coat it with Saya's blood, most of their enemies would be dead. Karl for sure, maybe Solomon, maybe some more.

And they wouldn't except that. E.g. Karl doesn't even evade them most of the time. Saya also forgets that she doesn't have to cut them and insert her blood at the same time. She also doesn't have to coat her sword. She can simply get some blood from one of her own wounds. Or stick a bloody piece of cloth in there.

With Irene she at least realized she doesn't have to kiss them if she wants to heal someone by giving them her blood. What surprise that it was when it was with a girl, after she kissed her "brother".
Jun 28, 2017 7:55 PM

Jul 2016
honestly, i don't know why i'm here. it's been 8-9 years since i've watched this, which is one of my favorites. after seeing a review of blood+, all of a sudden the rage from when i was younger just started boiling. primarily from this episode that scarred me, even today i get triggered if there's anything that remotely resembles this scene whether in news or another show. i just wanted to say...
why the f did they do this to riku... it's hard to truly hate diva because i did like her more than saya for her icy looks, psychopathic behavior and the way she was just kinda badass? my child, riku deserved better :( i'm upset. she killed him afterwards which is plain downright savage.
Jan 18, 2018 5:30 AM
Jan 2018
Riku. Good kid, The girl that he want to love aka. Mui, is dead. The girl that he hate Diva. Rape him. Poor for a young man. The JP Anime will always remember you
Jan 18, 2018 3:49 PM
Jan 2018
Zel_Ezl said:
Riku!!! No way!!! :(((((((((
Damn you DIVA!!!! You raped him! He's only a kid!!! ><
Yes he 15 and only chevalier can have pregnant with the queen so......
Apr 30, 2018 11:15 AM

Nov 2008
I love the reactions to this episode.
Nov 22, 2018 2:44 PM
Feb 2018
I can't believe I didn't realize what happened, because I'm quick to pick up on cues like this, but I seriously didn't realize she raped him! I thought she was just being creepy and was trying to lure him away from his sister to mess with Saya. Is there some benefit to having an opposing chevalier's child? Couldn't his bodily fluids endanger her? Are Saya and Diva the only ones with killer blood?
Also Riku is 15? I really don't buy that. I know girls mature faster than boys but Saya is supposed to have the body of a 16 year old, and Riku is also high school age. I thought he was 9 or so, at oldest 13.
This is really all David's fault. He knew an attack was coming, and still brought Saya and her family on board. Maybe he thought it would be a good chance for her to fight Diva, but she never would have let Kai and Riku stay. They're trapped on that boat.
Feb 20, 2019 4:23 AM

Sep 2014

To bad he had to die for it tho.
Jan 8, 2020 8:08 PM

Oct 2014
five years later and this scene still gets me :(

riku's death + rape scene is amongst the most upsetting things i've seen in anime
May 8, 2020 8:12 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Wow that didn’t even register in my mind. I actually found out through wikia...Was Diva wanting babies foreshadowed at all? This sudden, yet tragic encounter with Riku really made me confused but I guess it makes sense now...especially since she rubbed her belly. But why him? Because he was tasty? Why didn’t she do this with any other guy before? Like why put up with all the trouble? I guess to mess with Saya and all. Riku didn’t even put up any signs of a fight, even while he was constantly telling himself to be stronger and more helpful to Saya.

This episode marked the anime going downhill. The last scene with Riku is just one of the many issues I had with this anime.
Jun 6, 2020 7:15 AM

Nov 2016
I'm shocked and not because of the rape and death of Riku, but rather because everything happened so damn fast. Quite the contrast to the last episode.

Rip :/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 2020 6:19 AM
Jan 2020
At least he didnt die virgin...

Jul 28, 2020 3:28 AM

Sep 2015
SudoSen said:
At least he didnt die virgin...

except he got raped and killed by someone that looks exactly like his sister...
Sep 10, 2020 9:58 AM

May 2015
Lol, this is rape+ :DDDDD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 6, 2020 3:49 AM
Aug 2018
Oh my... I am actually speechless.
Diva raped Riku and killed him afterwards. (For good.) There goes my hope for Riku and Mui to be reunited at some point.
And that they would explain why he was special. He could hear Divas singing before he turned into a Chevalier and had that D-nucleotid thing in his blood.
Seeing back at how the show handled his character during the russia arc, I think that they really failed to make more out of Rikus character. He had the potential to be really important in several scenes. Sadly they turned him into a victim most of the time.

I had a hunch before, especially after they killed off Irène, but now I am confident that this will end with most of the characters being dead by the end of the show.

The promise that they hinted at between Saya and Haji? I wouldn't be surprised if they will end up like Romeo and Juliet.

Oh, and how plotconvenient that Saya forgot to apply blood to her sword, although she was fighting Karl the entire time.
Then she has the chance to kill him for good but instead she rather holds Kai in her arms and mopes around.
And don't even get me started with how OP Diva is compared to Saya. It's just ridiculous. And Batman Karl bringing Diva to a ship in the middle of nowhere, miles from every shore. Yeah, right.

Lysmerry said:
Also Riku is 15? I really don't buy that.

I couldn't find any real proof, some Wiki says he was "14+".
The only thing I could find was a picture of him in a middle school uniform in episode 3. And that ranges from 12 to 15.
tr25a3Nov 6, 2020 4:28 AM
Oct 25, 2021 2:08 AM

Jun 2007
fuck this shit, fuck the one who's come up with this idea

maybe i should just drop this sick bs
see you, space cowperson . . .
Nov 25, 2022 11:14 AM
Apr 2022
My goodness, finally this went full 2000s anime haha
Feb 6, 2023 9:07 PM

Jul 2009
I knew there would be tons of people going to bitch about Episode 32. Instantly went here to MAL and I already tons of clowns here crying about that scene.

This is definitely a show that will probably get heavily scrutinize by stupid Twatter/Tourist people if it were to release today. Thank goodness they were able to showcase that without pulling any punches.

If it makes you uncomfortable, that's the whole point. Diva always had eyes on Riku, though I didn't really think about the rape, since I was more concerned on why his body turned into stone (She given Riku blood).

I thought about the scene where she removed her coat. She still has her dress, so she wasn't fully naked. Only when you I replayed it and saw the signs. She was about to kiss Riku, as well as when talking to Saya. She says she took something "important" from him while also holding her stomach as if she gave birth.

It happened so fast, I was trying to process what just happened (More focus on Riku). Also seeing him naked now make sense.

Also both characters being voiced by Yajima, Akiko was impressive of her. She really conveyed fear with Riku's voice, while she voices like a prey with Diva.

Truly one of my veteran GOATS for sure!

Unfortunately, this will be one of the rare moments in Anime. You can probably still see scenes like this on Eroge/Doujin, but obviously now that Anime has gone mainstream. You will see people freaking out as if this happened to them.

It is what it is. 1990s-2010s Anime really weren't pulling punches. They were really going all fucking in! :)
SomaHeirFeb 7, 2023 6:56 AM
Apr 27, 2023 3:58 PM

Aug 2017
Man that was unexpected lol. Apart from the rape part, I think Diva's bits with sneakers were pretty creepy and added to her character too.

SomaHeir said:
since said:
SomaHeir
If it makes you uncomfortable, that's the whole point. Diva always had eyes on Riku, though I didn't really think about the rape, since I was more concerned on why his body turned into stone (She given Riku blood).

Now that I think about it...how exactly did she give him blood? She didn't seem wounded or anything...but it was probably her first time.........wtfffff
St0rmbladeApr 27, 2023 4:17 PM
Feb 20, 7:04 AM
May 2016
Literally the episode that made me drop the anime ---- the first show that I ever dropped in my life. For context? I dropped this anime in 2009. It's been 15 years, and I'm writing this because frankly? I'm still insanely ticked off and angry that this episode even exists.

Feb 23, 9:23 AM

Jun 2012
Okay, this episode went in a direction I wasn't expecting. Honestly feel disgusted. What happened to Riku is one of the worst things I've seen in anime. Horrific.
N☆ 

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» what do you think

mydaddy - Mar 6

12 by RikkiRini »»
Mar 9, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 8 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 29, 2008

31 by wildhood »»
Feb 11, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

JudgeRuthless - Oct 16, 2008

147 by ANDy342 »»
Dec 9, 2023 4:39 AM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 6 Discussion

sifma - Mar 27, 2008

43 by Alterlines »»
Oct 4, 2023 8:24 AM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 5 Discussion

sifma - Mar 27, 2008

30 by Alterlines »»
Oct 3, 2023 4:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.