Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 2, 2011 8:13 PM

Dec 2010
Does anyone know if they are planning to release a season 2? =0

Jan 3, 2011 9:26 PM
Oct 2009
I hope so this is one of those alright animes but they should it doesnt finish here
Jan 10, 2011 9:01 PM
Sep 2009
I wouldn't be surprised, but I wouldn't really care either. It's story isn't that great and what a show without a great story needs are great characters and great humour (both of which the show lacks).

A season 2 would also need a better narrator. Norio Wakamoto would be preferable since he has the voice of an angel xD
Jan 10, 2011 9:34 PM

Feb 2009
Personally, I really hope so. I loved Ryoushi, Ryouko, Alice and Otohime so I seriously hope there is another one. I don't know what the DVD/BluRay sales were like, so I don't really know what the chances are.

I just found it rather unique that a series as light as this actually dealt with something as dark as rape. It was probably actually my favorite of that season.
Jan 11, 2011 5:59 AM

Dec 2010
Kipcha said:
Personally, I really hope so. I loved Ryoushi, Ryouko, Alice and Otohime so I seriously hope there is another one. I don't know what the DVD/BluRay sales were like, so I don't really know what the chances are.

I just found it rather unique that a series as light as this actually dealt with something as dark as rape. It was probably actually my favorite of that season.

Agreed, I really enjoyed this series and they didn't really resolve anything in the first season which gives the impression of a possible second season

Jan 13, 2011 5:36 AM

Aug 2009
Kipcha said:

Sales were terrible, first volume sold about 1400 copies. Japan didn't like the show at all. Which surprised me, cause it's got tits, tsunderes and lolis.

But meh, it deserved the shitty sales. It's an awfully mediocre show, in my humble opinion.
Sep 27, 2011 10:00 AM
Apr 2011
Its a great show, funny drama is great even the fight are pretty good for a romance anime, and it still has much more to give... At least I believe so
Dec 24, 2011 12:17 AM

Sep 2011
It was an alright show; my favourite thing about it was the gang fights. It was really nothing really special though - nothing I haven't seen before.
Jan 28, 2012 12:48 AM
Jul 2010
I enjoyed the show, but I also understand the issue, it was a cesspool of cliches and bad jokes, but that is what made me fall in love with it. I would love for there to be a second season, but after watching the first, I'm sure there won't be a second, it just doesn't stand out as clear-cut on it's own.

I can not stress enough that the thing I believe that the series did well was their ability to combine those different aspects of anime-styles coherently. They did so well with it in fact, that they made me completely disregard my hatred of fan service to watch it in a single night.
Jan 28, 2012 12:49 AM

Mar 2009
I would really like a second season.
Feb 13, 2012 11:37 AM

Dec 2009
I myself haven't read the novel. And it seems in this forum that no one has either.
But they really should make a second season.

Though since it came out in 2010, wasn't the 2nd season supposed to release sooner?

Wish theres an announcement soon.
Feb 18, 2012 8:05 PM

Apr 2011
As with everyone else, I really hope they make a season 2. The ending kinda lead on that there was gonna be more but at the same time tried to wrap it up. As for the light novel, maybe they're just waiting for more to get released so they have something to go off for a season 2. I'm not giving up hope just yet.
Sep 2, 2012 6:16 AM

Jul 2012
AlexSadist-sama said:
I would really like a second season.

Yus Sir!
Nov 12, 2012 2:58 AM
Jan 2009
more story lines and have the characters become more deep. You can't really do much with only 12 episodes.
Nov 29, 2012 8:44 PM
Mar 2012
Rationally speaking.. this anime is quite average, but for some reason, I REALLY LOVE IT! Main character is quite fun and Ookami is soooo cute! Really hoping for a second season.
Apr 12, 2013 8:14 PM
Apr 2013
waalex11 said:
I myself haven't read the novel. And it seems in this forum that no one has either.

Though since it came out in 2010, wasn't the 2nd season supposed to release sooner?

Well Oreimo's second season is coming out 2 years after the first and Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai's came out 3 or 4 years later, so I wouldn't be surprised if they take another year (or two for a stretch). Still hoping ^_^ (I know that all of these are a year old now, but I still want the second season and this showed up when I searched.)
Apr 23, 2013 7:17 PM

Nov 2012
I really enjoyed watching this anime. But considering that the sales were bad it's highly unlikely they will make a second season. After all it's been 3 years if they were going to make it they would have made it by now.
Aug 30, 2013 10:42 PM
Dec 2012
In all honesty, I really loved this show, and so did a friend of mine, but is there really a chance for another season? And just wondering, was there a soundtrack? because the OP and ED might've gotten good sales because they, i found, were really good
Jan 28, 2014 12:41 PM
Mar 2010
(after reading the thread) a year later and there seems to be no sequel to this
i just watched it recently and must say that i enjoyed the series way more than i expected.
this show just kinda gets the mix of all its elements right and if they would do a second season we probably could have expected a bit more fleshed out arcs and the first season really feels like a half due to its episodic nature
Jan 13, 2016 12:20 PM
Oct 2015
Really do hope for s2. Had all the needed actions implied to be a series that could simply just brighten the day.
Jun 14, 2016 5:40 AM

Jun 2008
I enjoyed it. I wish they would make a season 2. I don't see that happening. I guess I don't understand how some bad series get a second season but others actually deserve on.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jul 2, 2016 2:07 AM
Jul 2016
Zevnixx said:
waalex11 said:

Well Oreimo's second season is coming out 2 years after the first and Boku Wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai's came out 3 or 4 years later, so I wouldn't be surprised if they take another year (or two for a stretch). Still hoping ^_^ (I know that all of these are a year old now, but I still want the second season and this showed up when I searched.)

Its Been 6 Year T _T I always Remember it Its Been 6 Year Ah!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 14, 2016 5:29 PM
Feb 2016
OtakuNewbs said:
Zevnixx said:

Its Been 6 Year T _T I always Remember it Its Been 6 Year Ah!!!!!!!!!!!
heheheheheheh I'm really mad.....and sad......are u allowed to curse on these fourms? cause I need to know now!
Jul 22, 2016 12:34 AM

Mar 2016
Tbh I'd skip the second season, I'm in ep. 9 right now, but I might drop it.
Aug 10, 2016 5:53 PM
Jun 2016
does anyone even know if there's an English translated version of the novels.
if we can't have a second season, can they at least let us read on and see the end???
Aug 18, 2016 5:00 AM
Nov 2015
i hope so . season 2 must be published i love this anime
Oct 27, 2016 5:53 PM

Aug 2016
Just finished this show and it was good. A second season would be nice cause there are still a lot of things that aren't really settled. Seeing as its been 6 years though that seems unlikely. Would be a pleasant surprise though.
"All heroes die of overwork." Ikta Solork, Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin
Jan 16, 2017 10:32 PM
Jan 2017
i think there will be a S2 bc in the end the girl says if u don't like him i will keep taking him(morino ryoshi) from u . so yeah i think there will be a season 2
Jun 12, 2017 12:25 AM

Jun 2017
I may be in the minority here because people seem to have very mixed reviews on this show, but I personally enjoyed it throughout. The premise of Ryoushi getting stronger to protect Ryoko is cliche, sure, but I personally took a liking to the characters.

I'm disturbed that there was no 2nd season because there were definitely a lot of things left unsettled. Did Ryoko fall in love with Ryoushi? What was made of that white-haired guy(forgot his name)?

I guess the plot and story seemed dull to most others but I personally liked the simplicity of their club, and them being teenagers working hard to help others, while getting into some cool looking fights.

That's just my opinion though. This show definitely should've had a 2nd season, but from what I'm reading on here it didn't have good sales at all.
"Glad you liked it!"
Jul 6, 2017 2:59 PM
Jul 2017
I understand its sales weren't the best and it has been seven years but I watched it before and just finished watching it again and now that I'm older I've realized the fact that many loose ends remain. However it probably won't get another season sadly. Does the manga at least have a translated version?
Oct 26, 2017 11:28 AM
Oct 2017
Potential Brushed off..?
Desire of the Writer should be fulfilled
Oct 26, 2017 11:39 AM

Sep 2017
Nah. There are lots of anime that deserves s2 than this.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Nov 15, 2017 9:37 AM
Nov 2017
Archangeldracul said:
I understand its sales weren't the best and it has been seven years but I watched it before and just finished watching it again and now that I'm older I've realized the fact that many loose ends remain. However it probably won't get another season sadly. Does the manga at least have a translated version?

This might be a bit of a necro - but to answer your question, the manga cuts off even before the show does, just after the matchbook story, iirc. And as far as I know the books haven't been translated and brought over. Obviously quite frustrating.
May 19, 2018 2:08 PM
May 2018
I hope they do a second season i love this show and theres stuff still left up in the air so im totally for a second season 😁❤❤
Aug 10, 2018 1:10 PM
Aug 2018
c\i think its awesome if there is a season 2 and even if it came in manga form however im sure the anime company has seen the incomes they receive so i reallly hope they might consider to release this in any way because im dying out of curious ness
Sep 17, 2018 10:40 AM
失礼、噛みました

Oct 2016
The LN finished last year so I doubt there will be a second season.
Dec 1, 2018 7:29 AM
Dec 2018
I have totally 100% there will be seasson 2!^_^Right? Right? -pls make seasson 2-
May 25, 2020 3:46 PM
May 2020
This thread has been going on for 10 years, but by now I’m sure it isn’t going to get a season 2
Mar 12, 2021 10:22 PM
Mar 2021
It is SUCH a damn shame this show never got a Season 2. Okami has been one of my favorite animes to date and it only has twelve episodes sooo, that's saying something. I can't understand why anyone wouldn't like the show as it's relatable, has amazing characters, is effing hilarious, and the animation/style of the show is just gorgeous. The series DESERVED a Season 2. It's so sad that it didn't get the attention it deserves and because of that, we will never see anything more of Okami-san's story. That being said, it made me smile seeing how many people in this forum miss the show like I do. I think we can all agree on an ending that should've happened in our hearts. One with an inspiring twist of events between Ryoko and Morino where they FINALLY accept their love for one another. One where there is an awesome battle scene where the Hunter proves his strength in front of that ass, Shiro, and saves the day. Of course, there'd be less cheesiness and more heart, character, and storyline but still! In my mind, I picture a beautiful and well-thought out ending that wraps up everyone's lives that we've seen so far. Along with that dickhead with the snow-white hair getting his ass whooped. I'm sending my love out to y'all out there who read this and just want to see more of Okami-san. So do I. Have comfort in knowing you're not alone. It is the sad truth that we won't see a Season 2, that the manga ending is apparently messy trash, and none of us who speak strictly English can read it for ourselves because it hasn't been translated. So, let's just come up with an awesome ending in our minds and move on. The brilliant story so far will live on in our hearts. <3 :)
Apr 22, 2021 8:25 AM
Dec 2017
I really liked the show back in the day, with all of it's cliches and fanservice. I think the author did a great job mixing japanese cliches with storybook characters. Ookami-san is one of my favourite main characters ever. It shows since 11 years have passed and I still remember it lol

The manga was cancelled years ago, it adapted less than the anime did (but included some stuff that the anime didn't, like a guy from Ookami's gym that flirts with her). I think it ended with 4 volumes or so.
I have read a bit of the light novels (my japanese is not really good so I can't translate them), including the last one, that was released a few years ago. The bad news is... The anime didn't cover everything but what happens in the last episodes of the anime is pretty much what happens in the 12th volume. And (spoiler) Ookami and Ryoushi were already dating. The last volume is kind of an epilogue, to see our heroes one more time. Ryoushi kind of broke character in that one...

The things that I remember weren't adapted were a few volumes which happened during winter so everyone had new outfits and many new characters were introduced. Ryoko even made another (girl) friend! If you watch the opening closely, during Ookami's introduction, there are some scenes that aren't from the anime (in one she hugs Ryoushi). Those are also from the light novels.

Considering that they adapted the end, the sales weren't good and it didn't stand out much from other romance anime, I think they never considered a second season could happen.
There's a cd drama tho, which is lots of fun. They organize a school festival and Ookami's class has to set up a maid café. Ringo and Usami Mimi make a bet to see which class makes more money.
Feb 21, 2022 9:29 PM
Apr 2018
Really sad we won't ever see what happens next. I think it should have a S2 but we know that will most likely not happen.
Feb 27, 2022 9:31 PM
Feb 2022
Wow there are still people out there who think this anime will have season 2, although I would like to see it but the authors probably abandoned this project 10 years ago
Feb 27, 2022 9:31 PM
Feb 2022
Wow there are still people out there who think this anime will have season 2, although I would like to see it but the authors probably abandoned this project 10 years ago

More topics from this board

» Light novel ending slight summary.

Loxe - Jun 20, 2016

10 by CitrusBreeze »»
Feb 18, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MorningGlory - Sep 15, 2010

269 by waalex11 »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:36 PM

Poll: » Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Aug 18, 2010

183 by epr0x »»
Aug 5, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Aug 11, 2010

159 by epr0x »»
Aug 3, 2023 9:59 PM

Poll: » Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 28, 2010

152 by epr0x »»
Jul 29, 2023 9:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.