MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mirai Nikki Chapter 59 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mirai Nikki »» Mirai Nikki Chapter 59 Discussion

Pages (3) -0.2 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 »
Poll: Mirai Nikki Chapter 59 Discussion

12-28-10, 4:08 PM

HAPPY END

◕ε◕

12-28-10, 6:16 PM

What the hell was that?... Maybe I'm the only one who actually liked last chapters (I just love Time Travel and Alternate Universes), I even think about previous chapter as the best in all manga, but that... That just.. just... WHAT WAS THAT?!??!??!?!? What with this ending? What did they smoke to make it??.. I can't describe that ending...

But... did it ruined atmosphere of all story? Of course not... It's so good that last chapter have only 36 pages and no more. It's kind of depressing, but very good... I liked it... Everything after 36th page is a fake, it have to be...
Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse

12-28-10, 6:51 PM

I liked the troll ending.
Yuno looks out of the coffee shop to see Yuki with the other girl and his family, credits start to roll... then BAM! the space time continuum is smashed with a hammer! Everything is good and happy.
Not bad.
8/10

12-29-10, 5:17 AM

This was probably the best way to end the series. And it was hilarious to see Yuno breaking the space time continuum with a hammer.

Overall a 9 out of 10. Sure it sorta lost steam after the mayor was killed, but it was one hell of a read. And Yuno ranks as one of my favorite manga characters of all time.

I'm going to have some mild withdrawal symptoms due to it ending. What am I gonna read every month now?

12-29-10, 6:26 AM

The Manga lost indeed a lot of steam at the end but it was still worth reading it. And let's not forget that troll ending. I was seriously disappointed to see that they're going to end it with such a bittersweet bad end but then suddenly: Yuno!

Really a nice read. I'm going to miss this Manga.
8/10

12-29-10, 8:18 AM

didn't like it.
except for minene and her flying babies.

12-29-10, 8:34 AM

Didn't liked the ending and I agree with those, who think that the manga lost a of of steam at the end.

Well but overall 8/10 since I read it in one go.

12-29-10, 4:17 PM

When I started reading this, I guess 25 chapters were released. It was my favorite manga back then. But then, somewhere, the plot started going all crazy and confusing and it also started losing points in my eyes. Like Yuno's personality chancing all the time and Yukki becoming pretty cracked up and whaa ~

But the ending was quite cute. It could have been much better but I guess I'm satisfied with this since I was expecting a lot worse. So this gets 9/10 from me :--)

Anyway, I'm gonna miss this serie. Maybe someday I'll re-read it and undestand everything what I missed now.

12-29-10, 9:24 PM

i think the ending was good. This manga killed off every character at least once (even yukki) then in a third world they fix everything so that everyone got what they wanted. 3rd world yukki finds non yandere love. 3rd yuno makes up with her parents and lives a normal life and everyone is happy.

Meanwhile second yukki gets his yandere yuno back and they make a new world. Happy end.

I really think it was great because those last few chapters really built up the relationship between yuki and yuno.

12-30-10, 3:36 AM

It was a pretty good ending for me .. at the very least its acceptable

12-30-10, 1:41 PM

ReaperEXE said:
Rinso said:
Oh, a "deus ex machina" ending.
Indeed. I think I would have preferred a troll ending, or even an ambiguous restart of the Future Diary Game so that there's an infinite loop.

I would have preferred they just left it at the "original" ending and not done the after-credit business.

Still give it a 7/10 (which is a good score for me). I'll miss not reading this, even if the last half-dozen chapters have been kinda WTF.

12-30-10, 4:45 PM

lolwat
Happy End? In my Mirai Nikki? Bullshit.

Yuki never gave a fuck about Yuno. What is this shit?

Still 8/10 because I never really liked Mirai Nikki anyway. It was always a poor man's Death Note.

I'll miss my monthly dose of Yuno though. ;_;

12-30-10, 8:03 PM

Didn't really think there was going to be a happy ending. Oh well. Gonna miss Yuno though.

12-30-10, 8:14 PM

moogo-ONEESAMAAA said:
lolwat

This is all I have to say about that...
Modified by ReaperEXE, 12-30-10, 8:17 PM

12-31-10, 1:16 AM

Good ending, not the greatest, but good. Glad to see it end on a happy note. Except I do love my unhappy endings sometimes. I just only really felt bad for Akise. I know he technically was created but I still believe he can feel things for himself and it was just sad to see him get a bad ending. He was actually like the only one that got a fucked up ending. And he was my favorite too. . .

12-31-10, 3:31 AM

Dairy said:
YUNO SMASHED
THE WALL OF
SPACE-TIME WITH
A HAMMER!
Should have just ended it there.

Going to read Hoshi no Samidare now...

Rinso said:
ubergeneral said:
I really think it was great because those last few chapters really built up the relationship between yuki and yuno.
ReaperEXE said:
moogo-ONEESAMAAA said:
lolwat

This is all I have to say about that...
deus sex machina?
Modified by DrHouse, 12-31-10, 3:48 AM

12-31-10, 12:08 PM

The ending just didn't feel right with me, I wish it had ended in a more mysterious way. That was what this manga was about mystery, betrayal, that's what kept me glued. Happy ending doesn't fit at all after all that we've seen.

8/10

01-01-11, 5:30 AM

I want a slice of life anime about Minene, Nishajima, and their flying babies RIGHT NOW.

I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that the last chapter continued to make me go, "what is this I don't even" every few pages.

Mirai Nikki gets away with the deus ex machina ending, if only because I was annoyed at Yuki for doing nothing for 10000 years. Seemed like a reset back to how he was at the start. But I guess after 10000 years of no Yuno, no parents, no friends (even if he did recreate the world I assume he couldn't create any of the people he knew), he's suffered long enough.

Have to agree with the majority, the manga lost steam at the end. I said it before, the content was good, the execution was poor. 7/10

01-01-11, 7:51 AM

(-_-)

^
Is all I have to say about this ending. How can anyone actually be satisfied with this?

01-01-11, 7:49 PM

Oh my what an ending...7/10

01-01-11, 10:56 PM

Chapter 1-50 get's 9/10, while 51-59 gets 6/10. So overall...8/10 ;P

01-02-11, 9:38 AM

Haha, a good one, definitely a deus ex ending lol.

To me, all this alternate universe and time thing made more sense than a bunch of psychos killing each other. The beginning of the Mirai Nikki was quite boring, honestly speaking. It all became good after 30 chapters or so.

Other than the fact that Yuki is quite stupid and Yuno too broken (mentally). The rest of the cast were quite enjoyable. Dunno why some people found it confusing. It was pretty clear. I mean, what do you expect in a series with people who can read into the people and god dying and shit? Anything can happen. The ending seems just as plausible to me as anything else and good joke by the author. (Deus EX Machina Ending!!!)

1-30 = 7/10
31-50 = 8/10
end = 9/10

So end results matter. 9/10.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

01-03-11, 2:55 AM

epic troll ending is epic.It kinda reminded me of wayne's World. Also we should make a meme of the flying babies.

01-03-11, 3:37 AM

I hated that ending...They should of just left it there before she magically finds a way to smash to his world....Him hating himself every day forever seems much more fitting for this series than the puking rainbow ending.

01-03-11, 8:04 AM

AmonDevilman said:
epic troll ending is epic.It kinda reminded me of wayne's World. Also we should make a meme of the flying babies.
Na, this is much better.

01-03-11, 9:47 AM

wow, this was shit. I know that there have been many huges plotholes, but the ending was even worse. So many things were random and fucked up. The more the story progressed, the more boring, unrealistic and inconsistent it became. I lost reason to read on, because the manga has broken it's own rules. The author just put in whatever he needed to change the story the way he wanted it to. Since everything was possible, nothing was unexpected or impressive. Also, this manga was so predictable til the very end. 5/10 or maybe 4/10.

01-03-11, 5:13 PM

...well I'm a sucker for happy endings so I *kind of* liked it.

but there's still something that bothers me: Why wasn't Yuki declared the winner by the 2nd world's Muru immediately? and didn't the mayor say there wasn't a game in the 3rd world, so how can 3rd Yuno be God??!

It would have made more sense for me if the 1st world's Yuno (the one we all love) didn't die since she was already God so she and 2nd Yuki could live happily in 3rd world as Gods!!!

01-03-11, 9:09 PM

_Neeka said:
Good ending, not the greatest, but good. Glad to see it end on a happy note. Except I do love my unhappy endings sometimes. I just only really felt bad for Akise. I know he technically was created but I still believe he can feel things for himself and it was just sad to see him get a bad ending. He was actually like the only one that got a fucked up ending. And he was my favorite too. . .

akise did get a good ending. He always existed before deus "made" him. Since deus can't make a soul tomake akise he had to start with something. In the 3rd world he is normal and it's implyed that he's with 6th.

Also notice how Hinata and Mao are looking at each other? Yuri end comfirmed.

01-04-11, 2:55 PM

it was a weak ending.

01-05-11, 6:03 AM

herox3 said:
But then they gave the Biscuit Hammer to Yuno...

lol and I thought I was the only one who immediatly thought of Samidare :D

All in all it was an okay manga. It started really good, but it rapidly went downhill and I had to keep rating this down. Now it got a solid 7...
Too bad, there was so much potential. But the last couple of dozen chapters were just so confusing and sometimes downright ridiculous.

Oh well...

01-05-11, 9:41 PM

I felt so trolled when Yuno broke into the second world. What in the hell, man?!

But I'm satisfied...I guess. I expected it to end depressingly, though.

01-08-11, 4:28 PM

ReaperEXE said:
Rinso said:
Indeed. I think I would have preferred a troll ending, or even an ambiguous restart of the Future Diary Game so that there's an infinite loop.

Totally of topic, but if you like such an "infinite loop"- ending, go read After School Nightmare. You'll be pleased.

01-08-11, 4:35 PM

Dam, what are half of you guys being so hateful for?
I mean I liked the derpessing ending and the happy ending. But moreover, I loved this manga. And actually, I would love the people that say that this story full of plotholes to tell me where I can find them. Cause I don't see them.

01-15-11, 10:48 PM

BlueYoshi said:
I want a slice of life anime about Minene, Nishajima, and their flying babies RIGHT NOW.

This, so much this.

01-20-11, 11:33 PM

...What? Also Deus Ex Machina trope, ending, and character show up in the end.
For all due respect sir, that's pretty screwed up right there.

01-21-11, 3:57 PM

chapters 1-58: 10/10
chapter 59: 5/10

Forced ending but nice serie.
Now I want an anime :)

01-24-11, 3:13 PM

10/10 due to my love of the 'happy ending'. It had some major plot holes...and some really bad story at the end.. but it was GOOD nonetheless.

01-25-11, 2:46 PM

lolwut?

01-31-11, 12:11 AM

i finished this manga in a continuosly 12 hrs and i give it 11/10

02-02-11, 10:03 PM

mind blow

02-03-11, 1:00 AM

I guess I'm one of those people who didn't hate the ending.

10/10 from me cause I've been reading this manga for over 3 years and it's grown on me too much.

02-10-11, 1:03 PM

Kyzix said:
I think I would have been satisfied with the ending when Yuno said, "I think I am forgetting something."

Couldn't agree more. It was crazy and awesome until they ruined it with the end. That was like a volcano erupting all types of cheese... >.>

02-14-11, 11:03 PM

Rhypo-oniichan said:

THIS..

Well seriously....I like how the domino effect have done in the game...and the DEUS-ex-machina ending made it more happier...XD

10/10

02-21-11, 9:15 PM

I don't even know what to say. the world ending sucked, everyone dying sucked. the 3rd world didn't bring everyone back it just changed things. bah...

02-23-11, 3:04 PM

Kyzix said:
I think I would have been satisfied with the ending when Yuno said, "I think I am forgetting something."
Either this or an infinite game loop would've worked well, too. A happy ending is exactly the opposite of what I was hoping for. It just doesn't fit. 7/10

Also, I'm still a bit confused about Yuno's past. Her parents were supposedly mistreating her, but in one of the last few chapters, they jumped in and saved her. It's possible that her dad was innocent (in the sense that he didn't physically abuse her), since Yuno mentions that her mom falls deeper into depression and her dad spends all day at work. But that still leaves the reason why her mom would jump in to protect her hanging. Was she caught up in the moment and all of a sudden decided to become a good parent? Maybe I missed something.

02-27-11, 8:56 PM

I don't get why people hate the ending so much. I personally like the ending. An "endless loop" or "restart of the game" would have been to obvious and stupid of an ending. Honestly, the whole manga gets based off of an endless loop of Yuno trying to get together with Yuki, and then just have the manga keep going in this sad little circle? That's quite lame.

It's good that they were able to bring about an end to the loop. To put this in perspective, this manga is somewhat like Donny Darko (The Movie) in the mulitple universe/endless loop way. Donnie has to find a way to end the time loop, and he does. The movie would have blown ass if they ended it with him not being successful.

Similarly, this manga would have blown ass if they had done something as lazy as just keep the game/sad endless loop going.

Avalongus, as for Yuno's past, the Death God Yuno who was about to kill Regular Yuno went back in time at the wrong time. We never got to see the mistreatment because Death God Yuno went to far back in time, she even says this. The Mistreatment would have happened later in time.

The fact that people are saying that the manga sucks after "Akise dies" or "everyone dies" etc, just proves how good this manga is. It proves that the writer was able to get everyone deeply involved in the manga emotionally. I too like the character of Akise and of course it's sad that Yuki's friends all die and that all the diary holders (well, some) die. But it was done in a good way that benefited the story.

We can't have everything be happy all the time or even most of the time. This wasn't marketed as a happy boy manga :) (Ironic though it is that it's placed in the genre of Shounen, even though it's as violent as it is)

03-03-11, 3:11 PM

Not the kind of ending i expected but still, how were minene's offspring flying? Could be Deus powers still flowing through her.

03-05-11, 4:05 PM

"10000 years later..."

^ when i saw this, *facepalm*

03-22-11, 8:48 AM

It just seemed really ridiculous in the ending, like a fan fiction there.

03-24-11, 1:11 PM

Not amazing, but not absolute shit either. 5/10

Pages (3) -0.2 0.8 [1.8] 2.8 »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy