MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 13 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Otome Youkai Zakuro »» Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 13 Discussion

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
View Poll Results: Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 13 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

86 76.11%
4 out of 5: Liked it

21 18.58%
3 out of 5: It was OK

4 3.54%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.88%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.88%
Voters: 113

12-29-10, 4:28 PM

SerasAshley said:
GarLogan78 said:
shanimebib said:

b) and probably most importantly, NOT being an Ecchi anime. Argue with me as much as you like, any substandard ecchi show will sell more than an overall decent anime like Otome Youkai Zakuro.

I wouldn't call that a drawback, but I do agree it won't help it sell.

It is sad that on other forums the discussion about this show was more about the lack of jiggle-wiggle and panty shots than the characters and plot. It would have been out of place in the setting imo, and frankly that content is more than abundantly displayed in many other shows.

It was a nice little series and I enjoyed it.

Thank GOD there wasn't any "jiggle-wiggling and panty/boob/bra shots". I'm fed up of anime production companies who have this belief that every single person enjoys the fanservice. Sometimes I feel as though they forgot that their audience isn't only comprised of male viewers. I see less and less shows catered to girls...I mean, why no "boxer shots"??? why no handsome male "flexing his stuff"??? lol but seriously, less/no ecchi equals more enjoyment!
Signatures were meant to be:

A. Flashy (40% of MAL users)
B. Creative (56% of MAL users)
C. Cool (4% of MAL users)
D. None of the above (your signature)

12-29-10, 4:30 PM

shanimebib said:
4 complete singles included in a 1Q show with Sphere performing the opening theme song and 3 anime original singles.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised that they had that for this show. If they're going to do something like that it makes you they had something more planned.

shanimebib said:
and probably most importantly, NOT being an Ecchi anime. Argue with me as much as you like, any substandard ecchi show will sell more than an overall decent anime like Otome Youkai Zakuro.

Sad and true. I don't know why ecchi is so popular... Well I do, but I'd rather not. =

12-29-10, 6:36 PM

That was a good ending to a very good show. One of the most underestimated by myself and its worth a 10/10 in my book just being that under the radar. :D --- Randy

12-29-10, 8:40 PM

I said:

b) and probably most importantly, NOT being an Ecchi anime. Argue with me as much as you like, any substandard ecchi show will sell more than an overall decent anime like Otome Youkai Zakuro.

thus...

GarLogan78 said:
I wouldn't call that a drawback, but I do agree it won't help it sell.

Wrong use of word. I see what you wanted to say. Makes sense.

SerasAshley said:
It is sad that on other forums the discussion about this show was more about the lack of jiggle-wiggle and panty shots than the characters and plot. It would have been out of place in the setting imo, and frankly that content is more than abundantly displayed in many other shows.

Thats the thing. But they are never satisfied regardless. If there are 100 anime coming out every year, at least 50 of those anime will be ecchi genre, or mild ecchi.

mizsphinx said:
Thank GOD there wasn't any "jiggle-wiggling and panty/boob/bra shots". I'm fed up of anime production companies who have this belief that every single person enjoys the fanservice. Sometimes I feel as though they forgot that their audience isn't only comprised of male viewers. I see less and less shows catered to girls...I mean, why no "boxer shots"??? why no handsome male "flexing his stuff"??? lol but seriously, less/no ecchi equals more enjoyment!

As much as I can understand your fantasies being a female fan, that would be a major no no for me. lol. And no, your take on male fans is wrong. I watch more shoujo anime than many female fans out there, and also no, I watch them for no other reason but the stories that come with those shows, which are generally speaking, usually seems way better to me. And I have many friends who enjoy quality shows more over the ones based on fan services. And no, I am talking about the male friends I know. ;)

Iilia said:
Sad and true. I don't know why ecchi is so popular... Well I do, but I'd rather not. =

the recent outburst over the law in anime/manga decency shows it all. as for my take on ecchi shows, I watch ecchi too. Like Ranma 1/2 from the old days, like Midori no Hibi and Hatsukoi Limited, or most recent Hyakka Ryuoran: Samurai Girls. But not because of the genre ecchi, but the comedy and romance that come along with those shows.

Iilia said:
shanimebib said:
4 complete singles included in a 1Q show with Sphere performing the opening theme song and 3 anime original singles.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised that they had that for this show. If they're going to do something like that it makes you they had something more planned.

See. Thats what I wanted to say. They spent surprisingly abundantly for an anime that they wouldn't otherwise think profitable.

Anyways, the good news is, the sell of the DVDs is going better than expected and fans reaction at the ending of the anime got a bit boost for the anime itself. We just never know and a season 2 might be on the cards if things keep on going for the better, and as I read from Underwater blogspot, the first volume of DVDs sold more than 3000 copies.

On a side note, did anyone else notice the surprisingly dip in the animation of the final segment of this episode. Watch the way the hands and even faces are drawn (no, I am not talking about the chibi scenes but the ones in between, like Susukihotaru blushing when Chu no Agemaki (LMAO) was revealed). This shows it wasn't probably in the original plan of the anime and they just wanted to pull a happily-ever-after ending. I could be wrong, but the more I watch the final segment, the more I think I just might be right.

12-29-10, 9:30 PM

I LOVE the ending~~ <3 I'm so glad that Omodaka and Byakuroku were together at the end. :) Sweet stuff in here.

12-29-10, 11:23 PM

That was a good run, maybe second season sometime next year?
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

12-30-10, 12:11 AM

I'm glad I decided to pick up this show. Probably one of my favorites for this season.

12-30-10, 5:01 AM

Definitely a good pickup for this season, i want a season 2 now...

12-30-10, 7:16 AM

I didn't like the whole ending plot with Omodaka and all the characters acting slow and irrational but I am still giving this show an 8. I enjoyed the character interaction too much to give anything lower and also, conclusions are always welcomed.

12-30-10, 9:41 AM

I was hoping the battle between the Black Widow and Zakuro would be longer; I was like that's it?! o_O

12-30-10, 9:48 AM

UH-MAY-ZING.
Its cruelty to not show us th kiss scene but I for one am glad that there was actually a romantically conclusive ending for once. None of these 'yeah, I'll hint at some romance but wont show you any coz im mean' endings.

<3 <3 <3. On my top 10 now.

12-30-10, 11:41 AM

ah that was such a perfect ending!!!!!! this show had beautiful romance development! so refreshing to actually have an anime end this way once in a while :) 8.5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

12-31-10, 1:55 AM

good romance development , although

12-31-10, 3:32 AM
Forum Moderator
Well, I still retain my opinion that this was the best anime of this season. But really now, the ending disappointed me. It turned out to be a small soap-opera. The action in this episode was a good addition but it's structure was stereotypical. All in all, the anime was good, liked every episode and hey, Agemaki and Zakuro even kissed xD
As of a score, I scored it with an 8/10 :D

01-01-11, 1:55 AM

I'm glad that Byakuroku and Omodaka were still alive.

01-01-11, 2:03 AM

I require a second season.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.

01-01-11, 6:10 AM

sanjayts said:
Curious, what exactly is your expectation of a "romance" done right? I know this anime isn't the next best thing since sliced bread but 2/10?
Nodame S1. While I did say that the romance aspect was done poorly in this anime, that wasn't the main reason for my low rating. The main downfall would definitely be the characters, and the terrible attempts at comedy.

01-01-11, 11:12 AM

It was a fun watch. Some drama, some action, a bit climactic, and a whole lot of romance. Otome Yokai Zakuro was all the more fun to watch these past 13 weeks. It's sad to say it's over, but being an anime I only glimpsed, and still dedicated myself to watch, I think it was worth the effort. A solid 8/10 is an appropriate score for this show. (^.^) Otome Yokai Zakuro completed!

01-01-11, 2:36 PM

A happy ending for everyone, even for the evil ones. I'm totally okay with this!

01-01-11, 9:42 PM

A pretty emotional ending, even though it basically amounts to a reset of the story. Sure some secrets are revealed; bonds are stronger, deeper; but this essentially allows Spirit Affairs to start on a whole new set of adventures. And if that does come true then I'll be happy to watch them. This has been a surprisingly entertaining series.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices