MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 13 Discussion

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Poll: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Episode 13 Discussion

12-04-14, 9:40 AM

'Kay so I was about to give this show a 6/10 (after carefully tallying up the pros/cons) but it ends with a...cliffhanger?!

But yeah, this was the most un-anime anime I've ever watched (if you don't count Cyber Six which I watched on TV a long time ago) and that was cool. Shows like this are pretty different in experienced. I liked the choice of colours, styles, music and stuff. It's almost as if I was watching Sunday morning cartoons on TV. While most of it was just stories pulled out of someone's ass, some of it were well done.

I found the last story (Brief + Panty) actually kind of cute, in a way, because she managed to change her normal "lemme fuck with every guy" morals.

01-06-15, 5:11 PM

For me this anime had hit and miss episode. With some being boring and other being hilarious. This ending with Stocking was stupidly random!

Overall 6/10
Modified by G_Spark233, 01-06-15, 5:14 PM

01-11-15, 6:35 PM

lmaooo what great fuckery! holy shit balls this was a fun ride and a nice wrap up for an insane roller coaster ride

overall: 8/10

03-18-15, 6:29 PM

I have a theory for why the episode ended the way it did. I believe stocking is cooperating with Corset to open Hell's gate in order to be with her stinky boyfriend. It is likely that when the boyfriend moved on in episode 9, he went back to hell (not surprising as ghosts are devil's servants as stated in the wiki). Had he went to heaven, Stocking would have met him when she was beamed back to heaven.

Several clues:
1) In episode 9, stocking mentioned that she is willing to abandon her heavenly duties in order to be with her boyfriend. It is unlikely that Stocking would back down on that promise after the boyfriend moves on to the afterlife.

2) "Chocolat",the song that plays when the boyfriend moves on to the afterlife, refers to the boyfriend specifically. The lines I found of particular interest were the following: " I will take your soul if you take my heart" ,"Chocolat Chocolat I'll wear the ring forever" " ...so take me to heaven or hell, I don't care where." The first line makes the implication that she will take or save this Chocolat. Remember that her reminder of her boyfriend was a chocolate cake that looked like ****. The second line is obvious, because she does keep the ring at the end of episode 9. And the third line makes the implication that she will follow Chocolat to heaven or hell. Remember that hell's gate bridges the gap between heaven and hell...

3) When she hooked up with "the guy with the bulge" she stated that she made out with him for 10 minutes, but never went all the way (much to panty's surprise). Minutes later, she starts complaining about her sadness and anguish. Since she was stress eating throughout the whole shtick, we are lead to believe that this was just her hunger talking... which is comedic. However, if you were to entertain the thought that this was intentionally misleading, one interpretation of this behavior is that she's trying to cope with her boyfriend's passing.

4) In the same episode on the couch, she asks panty if she really wants to go back to heaven. She stated that she wants to stick around for the sweets, but we already know that there are high quality deserts up in heaven (like that heavenly flan she was getting pissed at panty for eating). She may have had an ulterior motive for not wishing to go to heaven.

5) The lyrics from the song "Chocolat" also includes this line: "You will be my angel I will be your spirit." We know from the teaser image (http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/pswgb/images/6/6d/463_PSG.jpg) that Stocking did indeed become a ghost/spirit. It may have been meant as a foreshadowing for the events to come.

Had stocking planned to betray Panty and Garterbelt from the beginning, then the last battle that ensued may have been to serve as a way to assert her dominance over Corset in order to ensure his full cooperation (which also fits that whole BDSM thing they both have going) Near the end, we see Corset following Stocking rather than the other way around, and we also see the demon sisters cowering in hiding (probably got kicked out. And heck, they'll cooperate well with garterbelt with their shared love of Rrrrules). And I guess it helps that Stocking maxed out Garterbelt's credit card to slow down any opposition (part of the plan as well?).
Modified by hinokagu, 03-18-15, 6:38 PM

03-22-15, 1:41 PM

Ohhh well. I wouldn't recommend this Anime but I'm glad I watched it

4/10
Modified by Rupdedudludu, 03-30-15, 1:44 PM

03-23-15, 9:07 AM

dam they just threw panty to the streets. wait did panty know it was all fake and it was done just to get her hyped up again lol. im surprised she didint push briefs hair back and the sex here is rather tame compared to her other times. LOL panty still being her bitch self and letting brief fall. LMAO garterbelt underware wtf is going on. brief calling them bitches well hes not wrong and chuck turning to super dog was pretty awesome. WTF did I just see a giant real lady came and stomped on the guy.

I enjoyed this show alot but what was with that random ass twist. I dont know if its meant to be taken serious or its a poke at shows that do random ass twist for no other reason then just to do them. since the show does alot of parodies and is a comedy im leaning towards the second choice.That aside still loved the show and i hope for a season 2 and I wouldint be shocked if the last minute was all a dream.
Modified by souledge94, 03-23-15, 9:16 AM

03-23-15, 9:10 AM

hinokagu said:
I have a theory for why the episode ended the way it did. I believe stocking is cooperating with Corset to open Hell's gate in order to be with her stinky boyfriend. It is likely that when the boyfriend moved on in episode 9, he went back to hell (not surprising as ghosts are devil's servants as stated in the wiki). Had he went to heaven, Stocking would have met him when she was beamed back to heaven.

Several clues:
1) In episode 9, stocking mentioned that she is willing to abandon her heavenly duties in order to be with her boyfriend. It is unlikely that Stocking would back down on that promise after the boyfriend moves on to the afterlife.

2) "Chocolat",the song that plays when the boyfriend moves on to the afterlife, refers to the boyfriend specifically. The lines I found of particular interest were the following: " I will take your soul if you take my heart" ,"Chocolat Chocolat I'll wear the ring forever" " ...so take me to heaven or hell, I don't care where." The first line makes the implication that she will take or save this Chocolat. Remember that her reminder of her boyfriend was a chocolate cake that looked like ****. The second line is obvious, because she does keep the ring at the end of episode 9. And the third line makes the implication that she will follow Chocolat to heaven or hell. Remember that hell's gate bridges the gap between heaven and hell...

3) When she hooked up with "the guy with the bulge" she stated that she made out with him for 10 minutes, but never went all the way (much to panty's surprise). Minutes later, she starts complaining about her sadness and anguish. Since she was stress eating throughout the whole shtick, we are lead to believe that this was just her hunger talking... which is comedic. However, if you were to entertain the thought that this was intentionally misleading, one interpretation of this behavior is that she's trying to cope with her boyfriend's passing.

4) In the same episode on the couch, she asks panty if she really wants to go back to heaven. She stated that she wants to stick around for the sweets, but we already know that there are high quality deserts up in heaven (like that heavenly flan she was getting pissed at panty for eating). She may have had an ulterior motive for not wishing to go to heaven.

5) The lyrics from the song "Chocolat" also includes this line: "You will be my angel I will be your spirit." We know from the teaser image (http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/pswgb/images/6/6d/463_PSG.jpg) that Stocking did indeed become a ghost/spirit. It may have been meant as a foreshadowing for the events to come.

Had stocking planned to betray Panty and Garterbelt from the beginning, then the last battle that ensued may have been to serve as a way to assert her dominance over Corset in order to ensure his full cooperation (which also fits that whole BDSM thing they both have going) Near the end, we see Corset following Stocking rather than the other way around, and we also see the demon sisters cowering in hiding (probably got kicked out. And heck, they'll cooperate well with garterbelt with their shared love of Rrrrules). And I guess it helps that Stocking maxed out Garterbelt's credit card to slow down any opposition (part of the plan as well?).

I think your reading into it way to deep. I think it was just a joke ending poking fun at other anime that tend to do this type of last minute twist and give no resolution to it. The whole doing this for that awful boyfriend character would make no sense.
Modified by souledge94, 03-23-15, 9:19 AM

03-24-15, 1:28 PM

This series was so much fun, Imaishi is going into my "favorite people" list. I'm going to look for all the references I didn't get.

04-08-15, 7:58 PM

(rewatched)

Load mind blown.

I forgot about Chuck's power-up mode.
Mom to the rescue.
The guy at the beginning that lost his insides in that gunfight...

Just "wow".

Upgraded from 8 to 9/10.

I don't follow the threads I post in. PM me if you want my attention.

04-10-15, 11:47 PM

Okay, WHAT THE FUCK

No seriously WHAT THE FUCK

I don't even...
Evangelion > Your favorite anime

My list
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/guywholikesanime

04-15-15, 3:10 PM

Aw crap.

'Season 2'

Why did they mess it up lol.

I was so looking forward to giving this a 10 but thanks to the last two episodes, it gets a 9.

edit: Screw that, just rewatched it again (yes, the whole series, it was too good) and I'm not going to let that troll ending ruin the best thing i've seen since Kill la Kill.

10/10
Modified by iDensity, 04-17-15, 5:28 AM
Anime List l Manga List
That's the secret, cap. Post and Forget

Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]