Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 29, 2010 8:03 PM

Feb 2008
Another anime with such great potential wasted...

This was so crap as Dance in the vampire bund, I was expectin Kouhei turn into a vampire and live with Erika till the end of times, but no, there was no sulution for erika, questions without answer, Why kouhei is special,Why erika feel "lust" for kouhei, totaly wasted anime...There was 0 character development

my score 4/10

Even Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase was better that fortune arterial
ArpadiamDec 30, 2010 9:00 AM

Jan 1, 2011 1:15 AM

Mar 2008
that was such a lame ending....

there better be another season..
No matter how many breaths that you took, you still couldn't breath.
Jan 1, 2011 10:27 AM

Aug 2010
Words to describe this anime: dissappointed, unimpressed. Gave it a 5 AT BEST.

One thing to note though is the OST is really good, pretty much it.
Jan 1, 2011 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
why did i finish this
Jan 3, 2011 2:27 AM

May 2009
im conflicting with myself if i should delete this series from my harddrive
Jan 3, 2011 2:33 AM

May 2009
I think they just didn't want to firmly cement Erika and Kouhei's relationship, though I do think a simple kiss would've been nice. Heck, even him calling her 'Erika' would've sufficed, so as to tell us she'd become more to him than just a good-looking girl he enjoys working with.

Oh well, disappointing ending aside, I thought this was a good show. No masterpiece, but quite enjoyable nonetheless.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 3, 2011 3:51 PM

Jul 2010
there might be a second season, imo, i just have that feeling that they wanna get back to it but they can't rite now,
but i know for sure the ova thats coming will be a fanservice episode. for sure
but yea the ending was bad 7/10

Jan 4, 2011 3:15 PM

Jan 2009
Expected ending, etc. etc..
Tl;dr needed moar Haruna.
Also some moar Kiriha.
Oh and did I ever mention that I love the OP?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 6, 2011 9:31 AM
Aug 2010
Boring, I never thought this show will be so disappointing.
Jan 12, 2011 1:01 PM

Jun 2009
Such disappointing ending... :( It sort of didn't have ending... I rated this only 5/10.
Jan 13, 2011 3:19 AM

Oct 2010
This last episode was a let down really. Kouhei did not become a servant at all although it was fun to see him being almost killed by Kaya. Through strangling. Although my greatest joy was to see Shiro in priest outfits again. Besides that she was the sole purpose I liked this series. Other than that, good drama with emotions in this final episode. The balloons and fireworks were great too. :D

In general I liked the emotions and fun of this series but it was a let down mainly because it would have been better they went all the way with Erika's route so 6/10. Wish D would have killed off all these vampires on the island. Will also miss Haruna/Kanade also. At least they left us with 2 amazing intermissions
with the guys and one with girls.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 20, 2011 4:50 PM

Nov 2008
I'm disappointed. There was no solution to the problem and there was no plot development, if there even was one to begin with. I guess that at the same time, they leave it open for him to chose his own route with any of the other girls. At least it did not end in a harem.
Jan 22, 2011 2:37 AM
Apr 2009
Will for me the series was pretty good
But the ending was a swing and a miss. Do any one think their will be a second season?
Isn't she great she can turn off and on that Japanese crap like a annoying sister at a japanese restaurant.
Jan 27, 2011 7:57 AM

Mar 2010
This was actually the worst ending I have ever watched so far.

The biggest problem is, that Erika's blood-thirst disappeared without any reason.
While she was in such a pain resisting her blood-thirst in the last episodes, that it hurt me to watch, she suddenly is able to stand next to and to even hold hands with Kouhei without going into blood-rage or something like that.

THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL!

I can't imagine how retarded the producer needs to be to make some shitty ending like that.
When I watched the episode where she sucked his blood (which was the best episode in the whole series), I got all excited and imagined a great ending.
But all we got were some retarded speeches of Kouhei and some other stupid plot I don't even want to recall.
Jan 30, 2011 7:10 PM

May 2010
The ending needed a climax, so all those nice scenes and the insert song could have been powerful and made someone feel that the show was over.
But sadly, noo..
Well, I did like that insert song. Lia, again. <3

6/10 from me.

I did like Erika and Kuze very much.
They were both nice characters.
The OP song was amazing, but as said, that's Lia for you.

love is such a strange thing
but with you, it doesn't matter

Jan 31, 2011 3:30 AM
Dec 2010
I like the OP song very much!!

but too bad i found the ending unsatisfying..

as said before, there is really no solution as to why erika stopped craving for kouhei's blood AND i really can't stand it when a romance anime ended with no kiss or at least a confession..

I actually like Erika very much and started watching this anime because of her lol..
Apr 16, 2011 12:51 PM

Oct 2010
A little more blood at the end would have made this a better show... like what Shuffle did.
The end just kills it. At the end Erika walk outside thirst free, yet is not like she bit him. He shows strong resolution toward Erika's mother but is incapable of telling her his feeling face to face.

6/10 ~ Interesting character, but the plot was so uncreative.
huh?
Jul 28, 2011 5:22 PM

Oct 2010
Great series with another half-assed ending. They just reversed it back a few episodes, no conclusion. While I was preparing to give a good score to this show (especially after that superb scene in episode 10) I'll have to be harsh because it all seemed pointless to watch. 6/10 roughly...
Aug 14, 2011 5:00 PM

Nov 2009
What happened here? The series had an interesting plot with Sendou fighting off her vampiric needs, but just ends up getting nowhere. Such a shame, they should have developed that more, and cut out most of the useless "school event" scenes.
Aug 21, 2011 4:04 PM
Feb 2011
One thing that I just don't get. Why was the question of what happens to the dependent if the master dies never asked? Isn't that the go to question? Show is pretty much a failure. As someone else had said in a diff post for this show. It is pretty lame that Erika was able to control her urge to bite him after his stupid little speech. Plus what romance where was never had a closing. Also, why was Erika able to resist her masters commands but not the other chick. Wouldn't her mom telling her to get a dependent mean she HAS to and can't fight it? This show is just above the average anime.
Aug 24, 2011 5:59 PM

Sep 2009
Although it was horrible, I did enjoy the BGM and soundtracks. They also did some nice artwork from time to time. Although the story was horrible and predictable, it was an eroge. I don't watch Bible Black for the story either.

Credit to WingZero619 from Animesuki!!
Aug 24, 2011 6:49 PM
Feb 2011
I don't really see how it is a eroge but yes the ST wasnt to bad. Id say Elise would be better as a pinup girl lol. Thats all an anime with a bad story to it is for me. Nothing but eye candy.
Aug 31, 2011 9:38 AM

Jan 2011
I had high hope for this anime since episode 1, and the ending was disappointing. Why?

Other than that, it has a good plot and decent characters.
Dec 27, 2011 9:55 PM

Aug 2011
Lanet said:
I had high hope for this anime since episode 1, and the ending was disappointing. Why?

Other than that, it has a good plot and decent characters.

agree with you 100%, how was she able to stop the urges so suddenly come on thats just lame, 6/10 for some decent moments
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2012 4:40 AM

Jul 2011
Great series, bad ending.
Mar 14, 2012 12:50 PM

Feb 2011
Complete utter crap
Why did he need to ponder to go and rescue her?
They love each other so why didnt they just confess, then she could turn him into a servant and marry him. If she continues to drink his blood and doesnt turn him he will grow old and die. There is rebelling against your parents and then there is being stupid. Just saying that they chose that went into the partnership because of love would be enough to go against the mothers ideals.
How is her uncontrollable thrust is suddenly back under control again?
Apr 15, 2012 3:54 PM

Apr 2009
ok i am curious as to wtf is going on? i mean the brother mentioned that he had special blood, and that was the last we heard of it.. i was expecting atleast a little action in the series but there really wasnt any.. I mean the romance was there but it needed something more to be upbeat.. i also want to know more info, not just eps what dont have anything to do with the story...

so does anyone know whats going on with him and the blood and such? also anyone know if the game is translated? id just play it to find out the info i want.
May 18, 2012 6:28 PM

Apr 2012
I generally never post anything in these sorts of episode discussions but I just recently finished the series and saw that no one had given an answer yet to the question that was asked rather frequently: why was Kouhei "special"? The answer I found came from the TV Tropes page for the visual novel and was rather convoluted and bizarre so I am not surprised they did not bring it up in the anime; but here it is in case anyone is actually interested.

Apparently a long time ago, on the island where the whole story takes place, Kaya's father/Iori's grandfather committed suicide by stabbing himself and throwing himself into a lake. Fast forward in time and a young Kouhei, during his first period of living on the island, almost drowns in that same lake. Because of this he accidentally swallows some of the lake water which has bits of crystallized blood in it left over from the suicide all those years ago. Also, in case that bit of information is not weird enough on its own, it turns out that Erika is not actually Iori's sister but rather the sister of Sei and Shiro. When she was just a baby, her father forced her to drink the lake water full of crystallized blood as well and then had her adopted by the Sendou family. So, ultimately, the reason Kouhei is so "special" and alluring to Erika in particular is because they have a bond due to the crystals in their respective blood.
Jun 8, 2012 12:22 AM

Apr 2009
See that is interesting and should of been mentioned. But does Sei and Shiro know that she is their true sibling? and how can that be? kaya, her mother and brothers hair is blonde, yet sei and shiro is white. There is no way anyone would of figured that out.
Oct 8, 2012 1:04 PM

Jun 2010
Like the others said, disappointing ending. Also the characters should have much more development. Plus I was expecting more Kiriha sceentime.

Oh well, might pick the visual novel.
Nov 6, 2012 6:54 AM
Jun 2012
If this anime was a human I'd punch it in the face. Literally everything that happened was disappointing.
Mar 24, 2013 2:38 AM

Feb 2012
I enjoyed all of the episode except the last. It could've been better... i mean, it could've resolved the problems that arose, developed the other characters, and used a proper closure for the end. The soundtrack and the art was pleasing to the ears and eyes though. I still like the show.

Is the manga any different? I mean, what chapter does the anime end or what chapter does the story line differ from the anime?
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 19, 2013 11:13 PM

Mar 2013
*Sigh, this anime should've been better. That ending left a bad taste in my mouth. I was expecting something like Kouhei decides to be her servant and they do the romance part but MEH. Had some laughs though even if it was mediocre.
Jun 4, 2013 10:10 PM

Feb 2013
Characters were pretty neat. Everything up until the end was enjoyable. That last episode kind of felt like a cop out.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Aug 28, 2013 11:09 AM
Aug 2013
This episode.... was just meh.

Nothing really gets resolved, ever.

So many things left unsaid in this anime.
Jan 1, 2014 2:15 AM
Dec 2013
will there be season 2?
Jan 26, 2014 3:18 PM
Aug 2012
I don't really get the ending. Kouhei didn't really do anything imo to get mom off their back, and the problem seems unresolved. More of an anime about being on the student council than being a vampire which was pretty upsetting honestly. Really the only thing I liked about this episode was the implication that Sei is Iory's servant--I wonder what that bite was like ;) But, yo, wouldn't Kouhei be Erika's servant RIGHT NOW anyway because she bit him in episode 10?? So...wtf...
Aug 14, 2014 6:12 AM

Sep 2012
i understand Erika's feelings, she dose not want to make him her servant cause then she can order him to do what he dose not want to, she fears that this power will corrupt her like it corrupted her mother, she dose not want to be like her

she has right to fear that power she can have over some1 when she makes that some1 her servant, she mite become cruel master like her mother who play's cruel games with her servant & that's what she fears most

but cause of ending like this, I WANT SEASON 2!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2014 7:11 AM

Oct 2013
crap ending
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Dec 8, 2014 7:44 PM

Jun 2013
This was probably the weakest episode of the entire anime, but it wasnt that bad of an end to a very enjoyable anime
3/5 final episode
8/10 final score
:)
Jan 1, 2015 1:48 PM

Apr 2011
good episode but it's kinda funny how Erika's thirst for Kouhei just got suppressed as they walked back to school. (After not making contact with each other for a while) Seeing Kouhei talk to Erika's mom like that made me seem like they've eloped together!!

Overall, I've put this anime on hiatus like three times since the first half of the series was so god damn slow it made me cringe. It got better when Erika's situation came to light and her trying to resist the thirst (or horniness which I like to attribute "thirst" as.)

Thank the gods though for having the series dedicated to Erika.
AND THE LOVELY OP THEME!
Sep 8, 2015 2:27 PM

Nov 2014
This guy has immortality right in front of him, but he doesn't even consider it interesting? Damn it, why are all the protagonists so boring >.>
Nov 4, 2015 7:36 AM

Apr 2009
The OP and artwork is great. But this last episode is crap. 6/10
May 8, 2017 1:39 PM

Aug 2013
Visual side of this series is really strong. To be honest it was the only reason why I watched it till the end. Brilliant character design and beautiful backgrounds.
Story? It had a potential, but nope. Totally wasted. Generic ending ad f*ck. Usually I love series like this, but this one is definitely not one of them.
6/10.
rsc-plMay 8, 2017 1:44 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 14, 2017 4:17 PM

Apr 2010
Not bad but it could have been better.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Mar 26, 2018 2:37 PM

Aug 2014
I felt like the story went no where really. It was right back to where it started
Sep 26, 2021 12:59 AM
May 2021
Man i totally wanted to see haruna/kiriha win but whatever anime only showed one of the route so we can get get other ending in game
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Visual novel, any good?

Pietru - Jul 10, 2022

2 by OppaiSugoi »»
Jul 17, 2023 7:47 PM

Poll: » Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Oct 8, 2010

126 by NextUniverse »»
May 15, 2022 5:12 PM

Poll: » Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kariohki - Nov 12, 2010

64 by Jimtron_Klopp »»
Sep 11, 2021 11:01 AM

Poll: » Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 29, 2010

71 by Jimtron_Klopp »»
Sep 10, 2021 4:53 AM

» Second season anyone? ( 1 2 )

JayDestiny - Dec 3, 2010

53 by NekoMikoBismarck »»
Jan 14, 2021 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.