MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shiki Episode 21 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shiki »» Shiki Episode 21 Discussion

Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Shiki Episode 21 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

169 81.64%
4 out of 5: Liked it

32 15.46%
3 out of 5: It was OK

3 1.45%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 0.97%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.48%
Voters: 207

12-23-10, 9:14 PM

SpiritOfTheWinds said:
Totally sick! I was disgusted at how the humans were drinking tea with blood everywhere as if nothing happened and how they keep killing innocent people just for fun... Totally brutal and gore... I almost puked.

This is insanely wrong. I hope the shiki (Sunako) survives.

But we see how humans can be terrible and how shikis can be good.

what do you mean killing innocent people just for fun?
they killed the shiki because thats what they were going to do in the first place
they killed innocent living people because in fear and paranoia they saw them as collaborators with the shiki

what part did you see killing for fun?

12-23-10, 9:47 PM

Inugirlz said:

and im sorry the first scene in the episode sold me. The villagers are just disgusting. They were friggin smiling and drinking tea and eating rice balls around dead bodies.

i guess this is where fact and fiction comes in.I mean even tho the whole 'shiki' idea is fiction if this really happened in real life i know that at least ppl wouldnt be smiling and eating food with blood all over their hands.

Uh, actually, people smiling and eating with the dead and dying all around is not fiction, at all. Its happened plenty of times in history.
I guess one pretty big example is Vlad the Impaler.
He held banquets inside a ring of dead and dying humans stuck onto pikes, and often had someone tortued while he ate for entertainment.
Humans can be quite fucked up.

12-23-10, 9:51 PM

Maidloid said:
Wow. Why does everyone hate Sunako? She wasn't selfish in her actions in anyway. Natsuno is the one who needs to be impaled ten times over.

Killing others to lengthen your own life isn't selfish? Feeling the fear of death to the point that she is, even though she has killed so many before her, doesn't make her a selfish person? (As in, "It's okay as long as it does not happen to me!")

Why Natsuno? Man, he seems to be one of the only ones in this series who can keep his act together and think clearly in just about any situation. He's one of the few that deserves to live.

12-23-10, 9:57 PM

Oh My God! This episode was just.....WOW!

First off, the humans in the beginning were acting so casual killing the Shiki....it was totally shocking!!!

Tatsumi being the decoy....what a man

I was sad that Tohru and the nurse died.

I wonder what happened to the little brother

I wonder why the Kirishiki guy killed the female Jinrou. I guess Natsuno convinced him.

And what the fuck.....those humans killed all the temple people....that is so fucked up

And last but not least. SUNAKO!!!!!!!!!I WANT YOU TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!! DONT LET HER DIE!!!!!!!!

I am going to be so sad if she dies

12-23-10, 10:13 PM

Brutal episode
As great as the past few episodes have been, they better show kaori and akira again! They have barely appeared in the past few episodes D:

12-23-10, 10:38 PM

Superluccix said:
I wonder why the Kirishiki guy killed the female Jinrou. I guess Natsuno convinced him.

Not convinced. Controlled. If you go back to that part again you can see the bite marks on his arm. Natsuno bit him and ordered him to wait for a Jinrou to come by, then kill them.

12-23-10, 10:43 PM

wow i was freaked out at the beginning xD

12-23-10, 11:34 PM

The episode just proves that you don't have to be a blood sucking creature to be a monster :D

12-23-10, 11:46 PM

ariapokoteng said:

Again, Seishin's relatives' case is dfferent. Like I said, Seishin did this to them.

His plan was not perfect, but it's not something he could see coming. Maybe he thought the villagers would be as lenient/logical as Toshio. One can expect them to kill hypnotized people carrying weapons, but probably not this...

That reminds me, there's still an assassin on Toshio's tail...

12-23-10, 11:49 PM

Now we see how dark is the other side of human nature.

Masao's sister <3

Having a teabreak and eating riceballs with corpses around is just disgusting but I find it funny.. lol

I lol'ed when she invited Masao inside with her weapon. xD

Also, Tohru and Ritsuko is just tragical to watch :(

I was like O_o when the middle-aged nurse running with her undergarments. X [

About the end w/ the Junior Monk, I don't know how to react with that. :(

Edit: I wonder how's Natsuno, Megumi and the siblings are doing.
Modified by StormViruz, 12-24-10, 1:09 AM

12-24-10, 12:14 AM

Superluccix said:
StormViruz said:
Why did Seishirou killed the girl jinrou? I don't see any bite marks at all rather I see bruises. Anyway, he was bitten probably somewhere in his body.
And there you go.

12-24-10, 1:04 AM

Iilia said:
StormViruz said:
Why did Seishirou killed the girl jinrou? I don't see any bite marks at all rather I see bruises. Anyway, he was bitten probably somewhere in his body.
And there you go.

Yay. I didn't notice that. Anyway, my suspicion was still right.. :D

Thnx BTW..
Modified by StormViruz, 12-24-10, 1:09 AM

12-24-10, 1:54 AM

I hope that Megumi and Sunako live.

I really want to know what happened to Akira and Kaoru though!

12-24-10, 2:37 AM

shadowii said:
1.What does Natsuno's stance mean to you?

It rather puzzles me.
So your best friend gets killed, yet comes back virtually unchanged.
You get turned into a awesome immortal with basically no rules or limitations.
What do you do?
'I'M GONNA KILL EVERYONE! (and hope to die myself as well)'

God, I'm really starting to hate misantropic people.

Or are you saying Natsuno fights against Shiki for he is a noble hero who has developed a deep love for the village (witch he openly claims to dislike) and all of it's inhabitants?
Pff.
To me he is just an angsty wuss who, out of some adolescent stubbornness, refuses to adapt.

shadowii said:
2.What does it mean to you that 90% of the shiki side were villagers prior to dieing?

It means that the 'living' villagers are not just killing some foreign horde, trying to drive them out of their homes but butchering their own friends and families.
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.

12-24-10, 3:07 AM

wow this show turns into a slaughter feast :P

12-24-10, 4:14 AM

This episode is not comic but novel.
I hope Yoshie stay alive !

Seishin has to be successor from birth ,''despair'' means , there is no choise for him.
He is monk ,but he bear a grudge for his familly , people , and this village

12-24-10, 4:34 AM

The blood looks kinda purple to me :S, but wow THIS IS MADNESS!

12-24-10, 5:32 AM

i hate it how the humans has turned into barbarians. killing innocent people. they have turned into the creatures they fear most. in my opinion, they worse than the shikis... most of them has lost their conscience. this series is so fucked up!

12-24-10, 6:10 AM

SwordWielder said:
Can someone please tell me...
Why is Muroi helping the shikis and sunako?
I still don't get it...

He explained his real wish referring his story this week.
first, he felt sympathy for shikis who have become a monster without their intent, because, to him, shikis seemed to be completely equal to living people. People kill animals to live, shikis kill humans to live, because it's necessary for them. So, he couldn't accept to kill shikis.
And, he's born in a temple as head monk's son, he needed to be a good, kind, and nice man as villagers expect him to be. He was quite bored and tired of his life. He wanted to jettison his burden and become free. But there was no place for him to escape to. So he slashed his wrist and attempted to die. The young brother of the story is probably his self-projection. But he didn't die and so he become the young monk as people want him to be.
That’s why he said "If what Sunako said is true, perhaps I have some intent to kill against the village” on the end of epsode 19.

He is no better than dead mentally. So he's gone to the dead side. Because, he could felt more sympathy for shiki than for living people.
I thought of those kind of things about him. Well, it's just my conjecture though.
Modified by Hana-kei, 12-24-10, 6:19 AM

12-24-10, 6:43 AM

ariapokoteng said:

The death of Seishin's relatives, though, is entirely Seishin's fault.

ariapokoteng said:

Again, Seishin's relatives' case is dfferent. Like I said, Seishin did this to them.

So, is it wise to put the ENTIRE blame of Seishin's family massacre on Seishin and not on the villagers that did it? Did the villagers have some kind of moral immunity in your mind?

So, let's say your parents murdered one of my relatives. Then, do I have the right to say that I can kill you because of what your parent did? And there is absolutely no blame on me, really? You deserved it? I don't think putting 100% the blame on Seishin is logical.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices