Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 23, 2010 8:44 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More and more cruel attack...

Summary
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 23, 2010 8:50 AM

Aug 2009
I'm kind of surprised at what's been happening to Muroi, and certainly didn't expect the people he knew at the shrine to be killed.

Lot's of brutal killings and deaths, mostly centered around Muroi and Seishirou. The finale next week should sure be interesting to see.

Dec 23, 2010 10:02 AM
Nov 2010
Is a subbed version of this out yet? I haven't found any. Blegh.
Dec 23, 2010 11:11 AM

Jan 2007
Wow, another brutal episode. Ookawa and his gang are merciless. I think my jaw dropped when they killed the people at the shrine.

Dec 23, 2010 11:44 AM

May 2007
This episode was too insane for words @__@
The humans are completely out of control!!
RIP Tohru-chan!! I hope you found some peace!! =( That was definitely the biggest shock for me this episode.... seeing Ritsuko and Tohru staked ;__;
Dec 23, 2010 11:59 AM

Jan 2009
Yummy genocide, yess.
The Hellsing's major would be very proud of this episode.
Sorry for grammar mistakes(if any), english is not my native language. Feel free to correct me if you see some.
Dec 23, 2010 12:41 PM
Mar 2009
Probably the worst Shiki episode... How the hell does Muroi get by all those people, when hes just walking out in the open? He was even at the spot where people had just been killed, and no one noticed? Give me a break...

I cant believe theyre actually gonna make it so Sunako survives, thats BS
Dec 23, 2010 12:47 PM

Jul 2010
Lol@the beginning. Let's have tea while covered in blood and surrounded by corpses!

Looks like Masao is going to bite the dust. And what happened to Akira? I guess he did die, then...? They haven't shown him since Tatsumi caught him and left him as Shiki food.

Tohru... Ritsuko... They were brutally killed with the rest. I knew they would be, but it's still sad. They were the only two Shiki I really wanted to make it. I'm sure they'd both rather be dead, though. Especially Ritsuko since she was starving.

Natsuno, your absence was missed in this episode. I'm glad you have Seishirou Kirishiki as your slave, though. One Jinrou down.

Ookawa-san and his troupe did something stupid and killed innocents again. Definitely getting barbaric here. Oh, and I'm so disappointed at how the Head Monk turned into a Shiki... I seriously thought he might have something up his sleeve like Natsuno and Toshio. But no, he pretty much came across as a coward. Like father like son? What a let-down.

Sunako, quit whining. You don't deserve sympathy. I eagerly anticipate your death as well as Seishin's. I'm getting a bad feeling like Sunako might actually make it out of this alive, though.

I kinda liked the "special ops" feel to the Shiki ambushing the human villagers on patrol. Pretty cool stuff. Can't wait until the final episode!
Dec 23, 2010 12:48 PM

Apr 2009
Oh well. Seems the villagers have gone far past the point of just fighting to survive.
Heh. One fucked up village this will be after all this is over. Many residents seem to have completely lost it.
Also, Masao's sister was sadistically awesome.

I'd really like to see Megumi survive this but that feels kinda unlikely at this point.
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.
Dec 23, 2010 12:48 PM

Mar 2008
Ah god. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Seeing the villagers casually going about staking and dumping bodies was.. wow.

It's so hard to see characters die that you grew attached to. I'm sad about Masao too, even though I knew he'd have to die. He was.. uh.. unique. I liked that.

I am too obsessed altogether with Shiki. XP I wonder what happens next to Natsuno and Megumi.
Dec 23, 2010 12:52 PM

Apr 2009
lolz Natsuno had Kirishiki, Seishirou kill Kurahashi, Yoshie. Anybody else think that next ep Natsuno is going to kill Megumi?
"Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.
Alien vs Predator 2 is the movie version of that book"
Dec 23, 2010 12:56 PM

Nov 2009
YuliLake said:
If Sunako dies, i will cry!

Villagers are the worst.

I already cried ;_;

I hate the villagers. I loathe them! Please, at least let Sunako lives.
Dec 23, 2010 1:00 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, the villagers really are going too far... How can Toshio not notice they're becoming too brutal? Everything's became very creepy, I'd have never expected the shikis to be killed like this...

And when I saw Tohru and Ritsuko... I couldn't believe it.
Dec 23, 2010 1:01 PM

Dec 2007
YuliLake said:

Villagers are the worst.

indeed... I don't want Sunako die ;__;
Dec 23, 2010 1:03 PM

Nov 2008
Crazy episode, as usual. I can't wait to see how they're going to finish this up. :D
Dec 23, 2010 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
So much blood. . . .
Dec 23, 2010 1:09 PM

Apr 2010
Really the villagers got the taste of killing and can't seem to stop, i wonder how much more of there own they will kill besides vampires.
And it seems that snipper is out for vampires now, i wonder if this is because of Natsuno.

The Vampire side is also trying to create collaborators from the looks of it.
And it seems Masao is finally killed, and ironically by his sister in law who he hated so much.
Dec 23, 2010 1:10 PM

Oct 2010
XtremeEnigma said:
Anybody else think that next ep Natsuno is going to kill Megumi?
Yes, please. My life would then be complete. Megumi and Masao dead, yessss.

I am pissed as fuck. You'd think after laying the heavy Tohru and Natsuno BL on us and then having none for six or so episodes, you'd have at least some sort of reunion scene. And then Tohru ends up dead and Natsuno didn't kill him. WHAT THE FUCK? HOW DOES THAT WORK? We didn't even get a proper death scene for me to be properly sad. Those motherfuckers. I was ready to BAWWWWWWW and HNNNNNNNNGGHHH and now I'm just full of rage.

It doesn't make sense at all. Tohru is Natsuno's reason to kill shiki in the fucking first place. So why the fuck wouldn't he be all in that? And by all in that, I mean his chest when he stakes him.

And at the rate we're going, Toshio won't be killing Seishin either. ;____;
And I like Sunako. She's adorable and I'd cringe if a loli gets killed in such a brutal way. I'm perfectly happy with Sunako and Natsuno being the only one's still alive.

But, seriously, y u do dis shiki?
ONEESAMAAADec 23, 2010 1:17 PM
Dec 23, 2010 1:16 PM

Apr 2010
Oh God, villagers are even worse than shiki now. They're killing everybody whether it's shiki or humans. They're like obsessed.
Although i knew it's going to happen, it's still sad that Touru died... He didn't deserved that.
The next episode is the last one :'( Can't wait to see who survives (if anyone will)
Dec 23, 2010 1:17 PM

Nov 2009
I came to like Seishin with this episode, I never hated him in the first place, but now i like him. He just don't want to kill anyone, because unlike Ozaki and the villagers, he realizes that even if shikis are dead, now they have a life, they are the same as what they were when they were alive, they are creatures a little different from humans, but have the right to live, like dogs, cats etc. People kill in order to feed themselves and live, but now, you see, shikis attacked humans, so they must die. Like always, humans think they are superior to any other being on Earth. Well, this episode shows that we aren't and sometimes we act more disgusting than any other creature.
Dec 23, 2010 1:22 PM

May 2007
Iilia said:
Oh, and I'm so disappointed at how the Head Monk turned into a Shiki... I seriously thought he might have something up his sleeve like Natsuno and Toshio. But no, he pretty much came across as a coward. Like father like son? What a let-down.

What did you want to have him do? He's paralyzed and can't move an inch. Him becoming undead didn't fix that problem at all (as explained by Tatsumi in the manga).
Dec 23, 2010 1:22 PM

Aug 2007
Looks like Nastuno did something to Sessihoru, and making him target all jinrous. That was some crazy stuff. Though my favorite is how crazy the villagers are acting. They didn't even have proof of them sheltering that person and they still killed them. With the last ep coming up I wonder how Sunako will get out of this? Next week can't come quick enough.
Dec 23, 2010 1:32 PM

Nov 2009
Yup, Natsuno bit him and now Seishirou is under his control. That Natsuno, awesome as ever.
Dec 23, 2010 1:37 PM

Jun 2009
moogo-ONEESAMAAA said:

It doesn't make sense at all. Tohru is Natsuno's reason to kill shiki in the fucking first place. So why the fuck wouldn't he be all in that? And by all in that, I mean his chest when he stakes him.

That's because they passed beyond the manga now as far as I know and Natsuno reviving as a Jinrô was only added in the manga (and not very well if you ask me).
Natsuno is pretty much a pointless eyecandy that was probably added to make sure that the manga does not drop in sales.

Bura said:
Iilia said:
Oh, and I'm so disappointed at how the Head Monk turned into a Shiki... I seriously thought he might have something up his sleeve like Natsuno and Toshio. But no, he pretty much came across as a coward. Like father like son? What a let-down.

What did you want to have him do? He's paralyzed and can't move an inch. Him becoming undead didn't fix that problem at all (as explained by Tatsumi in the manga).

He's not really a coward...it comes across better in the other sources (but I assume his story might be added into episode 20.5 or 21.5 on the BR/DVD Release)...he's just helpless and tired of living. I was actually glad that he could finally die...it was really terrible to see that old man suffer so much and one can really understand Seishin's fear of the future when looking at his father's fate...
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Dec 23, 2010 1:46 PM

Jan 2009
They're killing everybody whether it's shiki or humans.

That is only granted. Shiki can hypnotize people, so if you wanna live and don't wanna get killed or eaten, you must kill each and every human you have a slightest feeling of suspicion about, not to mention ever single shiki. So it's only natural.
The death of Seishin's relatives, though, is entirely Seishin's fault. I guess I don't have to explain why.
Don't care about Sunako's life or death status, but I personally really don't want Doc to die.
ariapokotengDec 23, 2010 1:50 PM
Sorry for grammar mistakes(if any), english is not my native language. Feel free to correct me if you see some.
Dec 23, 2010 2:15 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ariapokoteng said:
They're killing everybody whether it's shiki or humans.

That is only granted. Shiki can hypnotize people, so if you wanna live and don't wanna get killed or eaten, you must kill each and every human you have a slightest feeling of suspicion about, not to mention ever single shiki. So it's only natural.
The death of Seishin's relatives, though, is entirely Seishin's fault. I guess I don't have to explain why.
Don't care about Sunako's life or death status, but I personally really don't want Doc to die.

No killing is "granted". Again, I'm not a big fan of using survival as an excuse for everything. The humans killing shiki is still ok but obviously they are going too far. Anyone who fails to see that are as lost in their obsession for revenge and bloodlust than the villagers in this series.

And I don't want to repeat myself again concerning all this Muroi-hating. I gave up. I'll lower my standards and not waste my time arguing over this. I just find it funny most people hate him. I would say the adaptation did a nice job portraying that character.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 23, 2010 2:19 PM

Jan 2008
Can someone please tell me...
Why is Muroi helping the shikis and sunako?
I still don't get it...
Dec 23, 2010 2:33 PM

Jan 2009
No killing is "granted"

I'm sorry, maybe I used the wrong word. Let me change it to "expected".
Of course, they are overdoing it, but it can't be helped. What I mean is that shikis totally had it coming. And human casualties too. AFAIR people who didn't wanna do it have been told to stay home.
Again, Seishin's relatives' case is dfferent. Like I said, Seishin did this to them.
Dec 23, 2010 2:44 PM

Apr 2010
Shiki really knows how to put up a disturbing intro if it ever needs one.. XD

oh damn, why did they didn't show what happened to Masao?? if Masao really got butchered that would be the highlight of the whole show!!

though seriously, the villagers are getting out of hand recently..

last episode already?? Shiki really started at a slow pace but this last sprint in the plot really made the series AWESOME in my book.. hoping for a great ending to all this madness.. :)
Dec 23, 2010 2:49 PM

Feb 2010
Iilia said:
Lol@the beginning. Let's have tea while covered in blood and surrounded by corpses!

Looks like Masao is going to bite the dust. And what happened to Akira? I guess he did die, then...? They haven't shown him since Tatsumi caught him and left him as Shiki food.

Tohru... Ritsuko... They were brutally killed with the rest. I knew they would be, but it's still sad. They were the only two Shiki I really wanted to make it. I'm sure they'd both rather be dead, though. Especially Ritsuko since she was starving.

Natsuno, your absence was missed in this episode. I'm glad you have Seishirou Kirishiki as your slave, though. One Jinrou down.

Ookawa-san and his troupe did something stupid and killed innocents again. Definitely getting barbaric here. Oh, and I'm so disappointed at how the Head Monk turned into a Shiki... I seriously thought he might have something up his sleeve like Natsuno and Toshio. But no, he pretty much came across as a coward. Like father like son? What a let-down.

Sunako, quit whining. You don't deserve sympathy. I eagerly anticipate your death as well as Seishin's. I'm getting a bad feeling like Sunako might actually make it out of this alive, though.

I kinda liked the "special ops" feel to the Shiki ambushing the human villagers on patrol. Pretty cool stuff. Can't wait until the final episode!

You pretty much said EVERYTHING I wanted to say. I hate to see Tohru die, but I'm sure he's happier now resting in peace; he was always conflicted being a shiki.

AHhhhh one more episode!! Gimme some Natsuno!!
Dec 23, 2010 3:17 PM
Dec 2010
bakuramariks said:
Yup, Natsuno bit him and now Seishirou is under his control. That Natsuno, awesome as ever.

You realize he is partnering with Ozaki to kill all the Shikis right?
Dec 23, 2010 3:20 PM
Dec 2010
bakuramariks said:
. Like always, humans think they are superior to any other being on Earth. Well, this episode shows that we aren't and sometimes we act more disgusting than any other creature.

That also covers how the shiki reacted to eating humans
(Tohru's argument as he chases Natsuno to kill him)

actually there was this great scene in the manga that got removed from the anime
i scene between Ozaki and Chizuru between when they first met and when she bit him
Dec 23, 2010 3:24 PM

Jun 2008
All i wanna see is Natsuno, Kaori and Akira... and i hope those 3 never die. As for the rest, since Tohru and Richan are dead and they were my fav shiki, i guess i dont care anymore about the others XP

I thought the monk was going to say something more deep, but im still disappointed with him. Anyway, he wanted to die, so i guess he will have his wish fulfilled.

I wonder what will happen to Megumi...

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 23, 2010 3:43 PM
Feb 2010
Masao as a Shiki was more tolerable than he was a human. Quite ironic, huh?

Haha.
Ugh, I despise Sunako and Muroi. Muroi is an ideological idiot. His father had more sense than him. Sunako's just scared of dying, even though she totally deserves it after merciless killings for who knows how long? Her pity-inducing attitude to Muroi deserves some silencing.

Although, I'm starting to dislike the whole humans killing humans. It makes me angry. :/

Muroi was responsible for his temple's death. 'Nuff said. He, like, Sunako, just let it happen while hiding.

No Natsuno, Akira, or his sister? :(

At least the nurse and Tohru got a somewhat happy ending...

Cannot wait to finish this anime once and for all.
Dec 23, 2010 3:44 PM
Dec 2009
bakuramariks said:
I came to like Seishin with this episode, I never hated him in the first place, but now i like him. He just don't want to kill anyone, because unlike Ozaki and the villagers, he realizes that even if shikis are dead, now they have a life, they are the same as what they were when they were alive, they are creatures a little different from humans, but have the right to live, like dogs, cats etc. People kill in order to feed themselves and live, but now, you see, shikis attacked humans, so they must die. Like always, humans think they are superior to any other being on Earth. Well, this episode shows that we aren't and sometimes we act more disgusting than any other creature.

Totally agree with you there. I felt the same way.
I cried quite a lot in this episode. I hate to see the humans acting like that. Seishin isn't even a Shiki and they still are desperately trying to kill him. He should have never joined the Shiki in the first place.
This episode just made me so sad :( Also had a shock seeing Tohru dead. I hope Natsuno and Sunako will at least survive in the end. Have doubts though :(
Dec 23, 2010 3:47 PM

Sep 2010
YuliLake said:

Villagers are the worst.
Yeah i will also i really like Sunako

And on the subject of wtf why are they trying to kill a holy man how strange i guess because they think he is helping the skiki
Dec 23, 2010 4:02 PM
Dec 2010
one more episode to find out
what happens to
Natsuno
Dr. Ozaki
Kaori
Akira
Megumi
Tatsumi
Sunako
Seishin

will they pull this off right? (probably not since at this point its an anime only ending)
funny how both Tohru and Ritsu had parts to their character relating to Natsuno and Dr.Ozaki removed from the anime (in favor of a romance scene and sad death)
Dec 23, 2010 4:06 PM

Jan 2010
F------------ SUNAKO what a bitch, she's the biggest coward in this anime, she should learn from Ritsuko. I think Ritsuko's actions deserves some praise.
Dec 23, 2010 4:14 PM

Dec 2010
I feel just absolutely disgusted with the humans at this point. They have become desensitized and bloodthirsty. At this point I don't think anyone is going to make it out alive: human or shiki.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Dec 23, 2010 4:30 PM

Jan 2009
bakuramariks said:

The thing is that vampires and people can coexist only if the latters hunt the formers.
You let shikis be - they multiply. Just like rats. Or locusts. More shikis - more blood required - even more shikis as the result. If no one hunts them - human race would just extinct in no time.
If Sunako & Co would have wanted just to live happily, they should have been keeping the shiki population on the very low levels. Say, just only Kirishikis themselves. No laying hands on the villagers. They attack people from the city - so they have enough food to survive. that way no one would give a damn about Kanemasa and they could live there as long as they please.
Yet Sunako decided to turn the whole village into shikis. They got what they deserved.
Dec 23, 2010 4:40 PM
Dec 2007
Gruesome episode. Hope Natsuno slaughters Sunako next and then suicides to end it all. Shiki's development has really been one of the best I've seen in the last few years of anime production.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 23, 2010 4:57 PM

Mar 2010
A truly philosophical episode! Isn't it hypocritical as a human. The Shiki don't get any pleasure out of killing humans, they merely do it to keep them from starvation. The humans kill the Shiki because of that, but it's ''ok'', because the Shiki kill humans, therefore makeing it all ''sane'', and, ''just''. A true work of art, this episode! The director and staff probably wanted to portray us in the most sensible case, where we are lead by blindness and bitterness, to our utter perspective of demise. More relative to the episode, it was grusome to watch all these ordinary people killing the Shiki like they were nothing. As if it was all apart of their daily lives, with smiles on their faces on top of that. A lot of questions remain, but are given the fore front of which is mostly obvious. Such as, who's still alive? What's going to happen? Where's such and such? Hopefully most of these questions will be answered in the end. However, I think the real question is this; From a logical standpoin, who is the more evil species? Humans or Shiki? Looking forward to the last!
Dec 23, 2010 5:19 PM

Nov 2007
Holy sheeeet this episode...(what a splendid Xmas gift)

i would like to write somethig smarter but i need to calm down first
Dec 23, 2010 5:49 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah I think Sunako was kinda eh this episode. I don't really like where things are going, killing off all the developed characters left and right. And the scene with the ladies having tea in the midst of a field of vampire corpses was kinda weird. Though the most gruesome scene has got to be when the shrine got raided! I guess it was wrong of me to watch the show for the dramatic vampire vs. human conflicts. Now it's just some sort blitzkrieg against shiki. Should've seen it coming, huh. xD
Dec 23, 2010 6:10 PM

Jul 2009
This was just sick. Sick and wrong.

They are all fucked up.

and im sorry the first scene in the episode sold me. The villagers are just disgusting. They were friggin smiling and drinking tea and eating rice balls around dead bodies.

i guess this is where fact and fiction comes in.I mean even tho the whole 'shiki' idea is fiction if this really happened in real life i know that at least ppl wouldnt be smiling and eating food with blood all over their hands.

Yeah to Masao's death. Boo, Seishin is still alive. Boo Sunako seemes like shes gonna stay. Boo Natsuno was not present. Yeah Seishirou did something i approve of (against his will mind u...or so we think...)

Im still waiting for Toshio to be like okay there, stop guys.
Dec 23, 2010 6:38 PM

Jul 2010
It's kind of weird that they're eating food right in front of the dead shiki. Very gory episode.
I wonder what's gonna happen in the next and final episode...
Dec 23, 2010 6:38 PM
Nov 2008
I was terrified out of my mind when watching.
That good-for-nothing poor Seishin! That's the price for being a damned dreamer and hopeless romantic... I wonder what exactly Ozaki thinks of him and his decisions.
Tohru and Ritsuko seem to die willingly ( I almost believe that...)
No Tohru-Natsuno or Ozaki-Seishin reunion, that's dissappointing as hell. They might at least let them say goodbye.
Dec 23, 2010 6:58 PM

Jul 2010
seizonsha said:
Bura said:
Iilia said:

He's not really a coward...it comes across better in the other sources (but I assume his story might be added into episode 20.5 or 21.5 on the BR/DVD Release)...he's just helpless and tired of living. I was actually glad that he could finally die...it was really terrible to see that old man suffer so much and one can really understand Seishin's fear of the future when looking at his father's fate...

It probably does come across better in the source; it almost always does. It's just that in the earlier episodes when people were ignorant of the Shiki, the Head Monk, Natsuno, and Toshio were all portrayed (to me, at least) in a way that led me to believe they all had something planned. When the Head Monk started asking questions about the Kirishikis moving in I thought, "Hey! This guy might be like Toshio and Natsuno and know something is up!" but I guess he didn't. I suppose was just kind of disappointed after realizing he wasn't a key player in all of this. As for my calling him a coward, to me it seemed like he more or less invited them over to kill him. I didn't mean to step on the toes of fans of these characters; it's just my opinion on it.

@Bura - I didn't know he was actually paralyzed. I thought he was just ill with something that was taking a long time to heal.
Dec 23, 2010 7:02 PM

Aug 2010
bakuramariks said:

QFT , i totally agree
Currently Watching: Durarara!!
Dec 23, 2010 7:03 PM

Aug 2010
adiava said:
Oh God, villagers are even worse than shiki now. They're killing everybody whether it's shiki or humans. They're like obsessed.
Although i knew it's going to happen, it's still sad that Touru died... He didn't deserved that.
The next episode is the last one :'( Can't wait to see who survives (if anyone will)

A few are worst than the Shiki. There are some pretty rotten Shiki too. I think this show shows how terrible all humans can be, whether they have been turned into vampires or are still human.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.