Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 25, 2010 1:55 AM

Feb 2009
I like their facial expressions when rito confessed wrongfully. Too bad it's over, way better than the first season to me.
Dec 25, 2010 2:51 AM

Feb 2010
like most of the ppl i only watch it for some rnd Fanservice and we had a lot of it :P still missing something like a plot so 6/10 for the season.
bskbobDec 25, 2010 2:55 AM
Dec 25, 2010 3:56 AM

Jul 2010
The inevitable pool episode huh?. Can't forget the fan service monster of course! Must be that pet that's gone missing. Why would such a creature be interested in that? >.<

Well it was nice to see everyone together for this season's finale. Poor Rito always getting misunderstood, even when confessing. Those expressions were hilarious, Kotegawa's in particular! xD

At first I didn't really like the way they did it with the 3 chapters per episode and the lack of real story development, but in the end I began to see it for what it was; random scenes and lots of laughs! Now we need a season 3 cause he still hasn't confessed to Haruna... Honestly, I'm all for it! =P
OnyxthegreatDec 25, 2010 4:00 AM

Dec 25, 2010 9:11 AM

Oct 2010
WE NEED A 3RD SEASON !!!!
Dec 25, 2010 12:09 PM

Aug 2010
Yeah! We need a 3rd season. Rito have to make it clear that he loves Haruna.
Too bad it's the last episode I want more. I think I'll kill the developer if they don't make another season xD
Dec 25, 2010 12:24 PM
Feb 2010
OVA about Darkness would be good :)
Dec 25, 2010 6:42 PM

Nov 2008
The one Lala stated that polygamy will be ok if Rito marries Lala in order to become the king of universe is most likely an opening for To Love ru Darkness. WOOOT XDD I'll just hope lol

HNNGGG at Yami being a Tsundere xDD before she was all Tsun tsun
DenjaXDec 25, 2010 6:48 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 25, 2010 8:20 PM
Nov 2009
This is one of those romance animes that will never have a real happy pairing ending so I knew some stupid shit would happen when he tried to confess. I'm not gonna rage like I did when I finished the first season. Since this show is more about random fan services and humor so I guess it delivered in that area. Overall it's a decent show if you're bored like I did.
Dec 25, 2010 9:21 PM

Sep 2010
I want another seasonnnn!!! I want more Yui :)!
Dec 25, 2010 10:23 PM

Nov 2010
Now that is one confession that no one, except yuuki can pull off. Also how they reacted was kind of misleading, once again Haruna is not around to hear him out but hopefully that perhaps a another season will come out and finally wrap everything up once and for all.
Dec 26, 2010 9:25 AM

Sep 2008
i really like this series, and it was good to remember the manga , even if they missed o many chapters, but still great =)
i wanna see Darkness animated NOW!!
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 26, 2010 7:42 PM
Jul 2018
Aghh, I could see this ending a mile away. Season 1 was much better, and had somewhat of a plot lol.

I hope it's not over, damn you Xebec I want a real conclusion. :/
Dec 26, 2010 10:08 PM

Sep 2008
prismheart said:
Awesome series, really loved the accidental confession. Now that it's over, I miss it more than I realized.

Exactly how I felt man :/ you dont know what you have till its gone
Dec 27, 2010 10:41 AM

Nov 2007
Well overall this was a pretty good episode, it followed the manga closely and as a whole the series was pretty good so I give it 8/10

http://wp.me/pHKWD-tj my final entry on this series
Dec 27, 2010 12:09 PM

Jul 2010
I wish there will be a 3rd season of this anime, but I also hope that it is not in a omake kind of way.
yeo
Dec 27, 2010 7:16 PM

Sep 2010
:( where is devil luke and justin ?

too much hentai in this season '-' ...
Dec 28, 2010 10:59 AM

Nov 2009
This season was great! Motto To Love-Ru was much better than the first season in my opinion.

Rito finally fully understands how he feels about Lala, and was able to tell her. It was one step closer, and almost confessed to Haruna as well.

The confession was hilarious, loved their reactions. An overall amazing series, and a satisfying ending that followed the manga.

I agree that seeing To Love-Ru Darkness animated would be awesome. The artwork is amazing in it, and I would enjoy watching more of this series.
Dec 28, 2010 3:29 PM

Aug 2009
Same ending as the manga
my only complaint is that they left the best (male) character from the manga
Black the assassin
and if we're getting a 3rd season, it won't be until at least 1-2 years of wait since TLR Darkness has just began

I just have to ask this:
Rito lives with an almost all the time naked girl (Lala), gets seduced the rest of the other (Momo), he goes to a class which two girls harass all the other girls near him (Risa & Mio), and he himself got turned into a girl (Riko). my question is, how much more does he need to become more tolerant to girls ?
Dec 28, 2010 11:52 PM

Oct 2008
mcjazzman32 said:
freakin censors. lol

I watched it from beginning to end uncensored. You should rewatch the last episode at least. Very tasteful stuff they were covering up. :}
ShirtDec 29, 2010 12:33 PM

Dec 28, 2010 11:55 PM

Oct 2008
I definitely think there will be a third season. If not then an OVA or some specials. Haruna still hasn't confessed to Rito and niether him, to her. I'm sure they can muster up some of the same ridiculous alien antics again for story. ^^d

Oh and Yami's booty is excellent. Rito is the man! He grabbed that mess HARD!! <3

LOLILOLILOLILOLILOLILOLILOLILOLILOLILOLILOLILOLILOLILOLILOLILOLILOLILOLI!!! D8
ShirtDec 29, 2010 12:32 PM

Dec 29, 2010 11:29 AM

Aug 2010
I watched it for Yami and Lala, I got what I wanted so I'm content. 4/5 for the episode and a 7 for the series as a whole.
Dec 29, 2010 8:05 PM

Dec 2010
thought it was a pretty good episode. i still felt like some conclusions were lacking so I hope there will be a season 3. i really wanna see lala so fricken bad :(

Dec 30, 2010 12:17 PM

Jan 2009
Go, harem ending ヽ(´Д`ヽ)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Dec 30, 2010 3:21 PM

Nov 2009
Ugh... My one wish was for the ending to be different from the manga. Yet, i did not know that there was a second manga series that started. Heck, MAL said it started at the same time as this started.

As for the episode it was average. I face palmed at the fail confession, it would of been funny if it didn't ruin the one chance of him actually changing anything from square one.

ep.- (7/10)
Dec 31, 2010 12:45 PM

Jul 2010
Man, I was kinda hoping that Rito confesses to Haruna.
yeo
Jan 1, 2011 5:10 PM

Nov 2010
Gah, I wonder how they'll do a season 3 after the stupid anti-loli bill. Maybe they won't at all =( . All in all it's an enjoyable watch, what more can you ask for? I just kind of hope he picks in the end. (Lala of course!)
Jan 1, 2011 11:18 PM

Jun 2009
Loving the uncensored version hehe but this was too much than expected

So this is all there is in the manga.. Yuki never had the chance to confess to Haruna - but - he made the same mistake again today

I love the Op/Ed.. the HD version was priceless + the uncensored too
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 3, 2011 12:26 PM

Oct 2009
Yami as a mermaid :3

Second confession fail xD
Jan 6, 2011 9:18 AM
Aug 2010
Just as the manga, I never thought that I will watch the same shit again.

And we have darkness, but hell I bet it will have the same kind of end.
Jan 6, 2011 6:53 PM

Nov 2007
Aw man, I was anticipating Rito to actually say it to Haruna too, since lala heard her confession...

There needs to be another season where Rito confesses for real!
Jan 12, 2011 8:59 AM

Feb 2010
Yami...a mermaid?
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jan 13, 2011 3:05 AM

Oct 2010
Episode 34
This episode really started out as a surprise with how Lala took Haruna's confession of loving Rito but I am glad the whole friendship issue got resolved rather well with Lala's positive outlook at it. Perhaps most funny was Rito being whisked off with that mechanical bird. Lala and Haruna looked completely synchronized after in the pool, which brings to saying that Yami's swimsuit was revealing of her breast shape. Lala's swimsuit was not bad either as well as Haruna's but also memorable was Yui's swimsuit and her reactions towards Rito. The way Rito jumped into the water from that height can split your stomach in half and Oszhizu's case was no different at all only that her spirit got out from the shock. Lala's breast fondling done by Risa was amazing fan service never done as well I find, save the best for last.

Episode 35
Kyoko with Ren were nice in their outfit. Mineralun part far surpassed the slimy scenes in first season near the end. Kind of scary when Haruna got swallowed by that monster but Rito being gar in saving Lala and Haruna made up things rather nice but I wish he was more gar than only there. Seeing Yami in mermaid outfit was a plus. It was also a good part to see Rito in the position he was with Nana. Damn, that far better than the one with Yui. Ren was not bad her self with the slimy abuse.

Episode 36
This last segment marked itself with Rito grabbing Yami's ass. Now that was something in this part as well as Rito finally having the guts to confess his love to Lala, which makes a amazing progress in the whole series itself. Too bad Oshizu screwed him over with his confession towards Haruna although some more nice fan service with Haruna's breasts/nipples. Instead he confessed to Nana, Ren, Mikado and Yui, damn bold one. I wish things would have really happened like in the pic:

except with everyone in wedding gowns and having Lala being the first to marry since only after that he will be able to marry everyone else unfortunately it will not be valid on earth. Something for the desktop in the spoiler

Regardless a nice finally and I think with this series much of the female character's bodies and breasts are etched into my mind. There were some rather good comedy and character development much more finer than the first season to me along with the most amazing progress and I leave with this long last opinion. Perhaps will re-watch the BDs for the color/detail upgrade. I give it a 9/10 and yeah I know another tl;dr. Meh, felt like it.
Yumekichi11Jan 14, 2011 8:13 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 15, 2011 3:01 AM

May 2008
Aaahh, I remember when the manga ended here. I totally raged.

Still think the mangaka should give this a proper ending... >.>
Jan 15, 2011 6:37 AM

Aug 2009
theeggman85 said:

There's a sequel "To-Love-Ru Darkness" that just started (4 chapters for now)
Jan 20, 2011 3:33 AM

Dec 2009
Game_Master said:
theeggman85 said:

There's a sequel "To-Love-Ru Darkness" that just started (4 chapters for now)

Yeah, but the problem is that he'll confess to Haruna at about 3rd volume.
Jan 20, 2011 6:38 AM

Aug 2009
hardrock13 said:

How did you know about that ?
Jan 24, 2011 12:06 PM

Dec 2009
Game_Master said:
hardrock13 said:

How did you know about that ?

It's always like that! C'mon! He confessed to Lala after about 7 volumes after he understood that he has feelings for her. The series are gonna be made in a way that will last for a long-time. I mean, the author will extend the series and I know that this time it will happen faster. Plus, a got some information about this recently.
Jan 27, 2011 3:39 PM

Aug 2010
As I thought. Typical harem = indecisive. Eh cant say I didn't enjoy the fanservice :D
Jan 31, 2011 7:21 PM

Jun 2010
I liked it for what it was, easy going and feel good, no drama or conflict, Lala just made everything easier. Plus ecchi and appealing girls always works.
Feb 6, 2011 10:54 AM

May 2009
wow, i can't believe it's finished.. i'm not saying i loved this series, but it's kinda special i guess. It was a long run, and it feels strange that there won't be any more of it~
It was a nice ending for this show though. It was nice and cute, many uncertainties were cleared and we can even guess what future holds for these lovely characters :) I hope it's a bright one, and that we get to see more of To Love Ru in the future! :D Even a small Ova would do :)
It was a nice journey~ A bit ecchi, but nice nonetheless ;)
x3mslayerFeb 6, 2011 11:02 AM
Feb 7, 2011 12:03 AM
Apr 2010
i really dislike the fact that rito likes haruna-chan more than lala >< , why does it have to be like this? =\
Feb 9, 2011 2:57 AM

Apr 2009
Oryou said:
i really dislike the fact that rito likes haruna-chan more than lala >< , why does it have to be like this? =

I actually feel the same even though I kinda understand that he liked Haruna far longer than Lala but I wished he said that he liked Lala more. :( Oh well it was good while it lasted.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 12, 2011 12:03 AM

Nov 2010
POLYGAMY!! YAY!!
Apr 17, 2011 2:38 AM

Sep 2010
So he didn't even confess to Haruna? Lame. :(
Jun 9, 2011 6:02 AM

Apr 2010
A typical indecisive ending but it is to be expected for this kind of show. Great idea for an indecisive ending - instead of Rito confessing to Haruna, let's have him confess and marry EVERYONE!

Having finished the whole series, I must say it was MILES better than the 1st season and better than the OVAs. Motto TLR had more cuteness, humorous fanservice, balanced character screentime and some character development unlike the long dreary 1st season. Even the new OP and ED were much more uplifting. At first I thought this would be another disappointing season but now I'm disappointed it's over.
Jul 23, 2011 3:57 AM

Aug 2008
they should make this show hentai already liked princess lover more as hentai than echhi comedy.
Jul 23, 2011 7:29 AM

Dec 2009
zaffap said:
A typical indecisive ending but it is to be expected for this kind of show. Great idea for an indecisive ending - instead of Rito confessing to Haruna, let's have him confess and marry EVERYONE!

Having finished the whole series, I must say it was MILES better than the 1st season and better than the OVAs. Motto TLR had more cuteness, humorous fanservice, balanced character screentime and some character development unlike the long dreary 1st season. Even the new OP and ED were much more uplifting. At first I thought this would be another disappointing season but now I'm disappointed it's over.

You know, I had the exactly same opinion about it!

I pray "To LOVE-Ru Darkness" gets animated! (the point is that we need a bit more chapters)
Sep 12, 2011 4:15 PM
May 2011
Pretty interesting series. To sum it up in one word it was *EPIC*........Glad it didn't end with one person heart broken........Thumbs up to the author, the series ended the way it started with Rito confessing to the wrong person again...lol...it was epic.......Also really happy for lala (since she is my favourite character)....her feelings were finally returned even tho Rito doesn't like as much as Haruna, it's still sumfin. At least, his feelings for Lala were cleared up..........damn u Yuki Rito(u are one lucky bastard)*envy* ........ wish all girls were as understanding as Lala.......she really made the show worth watching......I'll give this anime a 10/10.
Oct 11, 2011 9:30 AM
Sep 2011
The ending was good, but I don't get why he likes Haruna more than Lala. It really disappoints me. He liked Haruna for all this time not knowing anything about her really, and on top of that he started liking her for something so trivial such as "I don't think rito would do that to the plants". Because she believed him in one incident 3 or so years ago when no one else did? He has met Lala's dad, her sisters, He lives with Lala and her sisters now, he knows more about Lala and her family than any other girl in the anime that likes him. rito is what I call selfish. He sees no wrong in clinging onto Lala and Haruna, and I think its wrong because its stopping them from moving on to find love elsewhere. If I was in his shoes, I would of told Haruna "Lets be friends" and then I would of married Lala easily, and ask her if I could marry Momo as well for extra fun. Happy ending? I think so! ^^
Jan 8, 2012 4:31 PM

Jun 2007
Aurao said:
Yami as a mermaid :3

Second confession fail xD

One last Black Cat Eve reference (final arc of the manga).
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Motto To LOVE-Ru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Dec 7, 2010

74 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Aug 6, 2023 10:41 PM

Poll: » Motto To LOVE-Ru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

icycoldpepsi - Dec 14, 2010

74 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Jul 23, 2023 8:03 PM

Poll: » Motto To LOVE-Ru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zimno - Oct 26, 2010

68 by Seabury »»
May 1, 2023 12:14 AM

Poll: » Motto To LOVE-Ru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Oct 19, 2010

74 by Seabury »»
Apr 29, 2023 11:00 PM

Poll: » Motto To LOVE-Ru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FaithoftheFallen - Nov 2, 2010

75 by IronHead1987 »»
Feb 16, 2023 6:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.