Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2010 9:02 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Was surprised that Byakuroku is willing to help Agemaki out.

Summary
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 20, 2010 10:07 AM

Nov 2008
Figured shed be willing under the right reasons. Though I do have trouble 'feeling for' Omodaka in any real way. Though he is not right in the head.

Daidai is probably the biggest overly sheltered character so far (so much so she resents what was protection as being held back- and fails to comprehend the reality around her)

And we get some good action - Kei does fight well for probably the first time this series- a fair amount of background is given / implied.

And for the Finale we get an awakened Zakuro vs the black widow .. But do we get a Kiss scene!? (for Riken / Hotaru or Kei / Zakuro ) lol

As side quesiton (and my edit) How far have we deviated from the manga if we have
sirwenceDec 20, 2010 11:36 AM
Dec 20, 2010 11:41 AM

Jul 2008
I didn't enjoy this episode that much for some reason.
Dec 20, 2010 11:50 AM

Nov 2008
GarLogan78 said:

To many Omadaka forced pity attempts?
Dec 20, 2010 12:25 PM

Nov 2007
tsubasalover said:

New to anime? XD

This is turning into be another anime which we will look back and say "oh, that anime had some potential".

sirwence said:
As side quesiton (and my edit) How far have we deviated from the manga if we have

I would say anything after Kokkori-san episode. Since as far as I know that's where the anime caught up with manga, while the manga does cover the past of Tsukuhane, but not Omodaka/Hanadate being her son. In fact, according to IRC read, Hanadate remains an ordinary military personal and a romance interest of Zakuro, more like Kei's rival in romance.

Anyways, pretty damn obvious episode and just like I feared. Well anyways, I enjoyed the first 10-11 episodes, so I will rate it a bit high after it ends regardless the lame lame finale its likely to pull.

/Super Edit Starts
Joke of the day: While Mad Arsonist Daidai-sama was running around and playing with fire, putting fire all over the place thanks to Rangui-chan's approval (who is likely to be the ever obvious final villain), and while everyone was having a spectacular view from the top, hell ya! Omodaka just picked Zakuro up on his arms and runs away (perhaps to save his mommy's corpse). And guess what, the Saviour of the Day a.k.a Byakuroku puts her sword forth and causing a little(!) insignificant delay and then gives a heart-warming speech, hey, I am willing to help you, so follow me. Wow! Nice going Kon Chiaki. You sure know how to ruin a show when you catch up with the manga/VN/LN etc etc. /me salutes.
/Super Edit Ends
shanimebibDec 20, 2010 1:07 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 20, 2010 12:38 PM

May 2009
My biggest impression this episode was how very beautiful and smooth the art and animation looks. I definitely think it's the prettiest looking anime this season. The fire looks gorgeous!

And I liked the episode.. :P
Dec 20, 2010 12:56 PM

Nov 2008
Omadaka's pity kills this episode, more evil, magical warfare, and sadism please.

Dec 20, 2010 1:05 PM

Apr 2010
Well, I liked it. It was what I was expecting to begin with. Let's see if they can pull a not so lame finale, I really wanted an ultra-romantic one, but whatever's gonna happen, it will be rushed, certainly.
Dec 20, 2010 1:05 PM

Apr 2010
sirwence said:
GarLogan78 said:

There where way to many of those, but that's the kind of anime this is.

So Daidai released the rest of her kin and set the house on fire but does the black Widow really intend to let them run free.
What is her exterior motive?
And what is going on in Omadaka's mind after he saw his house burning?
Dec 20, 2010 1:22 PM

Dec 2008
Omadaka is totally out of his mind and Daidai is an idiot! Hopefully, they'll both die in the last ep.
Dec 20, 2010 1:32 PM

Mar 2010
Yet another great episode. I kinda wished they'd kick Omadaka's butt this really is fine too. I didn't see "alas, poor villain!" coming in this anime for some reason.

Anyway, winner ep and some nice small scale "twists".

@Aversa: remembering the shot that emphasized her teeth I suspect Black Widow intends to literally suck them all dry and gain their power. Afterwards she'd be strong enough to go one on one against Omodaka or Zakuro even.
Dec 20, 2010 1:52 PM

Aug 2010
Okay episode except... why the hell did they let Omodaka just run off with Zakuro? It wasn't like they couldn't have stopped him.
Dec 20, 2010 2:41 PM

Nov 2008
prismheart said:
Hey look theres a fire over there *grabs zakuro and runs >.>
Dec 20, 2010 3:12 PM

Mar 2010
Still, though Omodaka's pity attempt isn't that nice, I'd think Byakuroku's changing allegiance was very nice, seeing her absolute loyalty before.

And stupid Daidai, she really thinks she's better now and suddenly Rangui's favorite?

Nice to see the dead zakuro's mother still being able to 'speak. And attacking the fox spirit's masters was quite obvious, duh...
Dec 20, 2010 3:13 PM

Mar 2010
Still, though Omodaka's pity attempt isn't that nice, I'd think Byakuroku's changing allegiance was very nice, seeing her absolute loyalty before.

And stupid Daidai, she really thinks she's better now and suddenly Rangui's favorite?

Nice to see the dead zakuro's mother still being able to 'speak. And attacking the fox spirit's masters was quite obvious, duh...
Dec 20, 2010 3:27 PM

Jul 2010
shanimebib said:
Joke of the day: While Mad Arsonist Daidai-sama was running around and playing with fire, putting fire all over the place thanks to Rangui-chan's approval (who is likely to be the ever obvious final villain), and while everyone was having a spectacular view from the top, hell ya! Omodaka just picked Zakuro up on his arms and runs away (perhaps to save his mommy's corpse). And guess what, the Saviour of the Day a.k.a Byakuroku puts her sword forth and causing a little(!) insignificant delay and then gives a heart-warming speech, hey, I am willing to help you, so follow me. Wow! Nice going Kon Chiaki. You sure know how to ruin a show when you catch up with the manga/VN/LN etc etc. /me salutes.

Yeah, I was kind of facepalming during all that, too.

There was definitely too much Omodaka pity in this episode. It was really forced and predictable. I could see the "misunderstanding" thing coming a long time ago.

And then we have Byakuroku pointing a sword in Agemaki's face, saying he's going to die, only to have Ganryu run across the whole field to stop her. Really, could you not stab Agemaki in the throat before he got there? Not that I want that to happen, of course, but it looked really lame.

What I loved in this show was all the cute moments between each of the couples (and the mystery of Zakuro's past). This episode didn't have that. Instead, we have a plot that was average at best.

Even so, I still love this show and will probably rate it high. I just can't forget all the episodes before now that I loved so much.
Dec 20, 2010 3:37 PM

Sep 2009
the ep seemed way too short T_T

Also way too much Omodaka pity and sorrow moments....I wish Agemaki would just shut him up!
Dec 20, 2010 3:38 PM

Nov 2009
Wow, not bad. Despite the fact that he tried to reason with him so many times it was one of the few times there was even a slight justification. I have to say Omodaka's side is stronger in terms of against his mother but i am obviously not for him taking it out on Zakuro.

The third party interfering with their conflict, and him all of a sudden running away was a little awkward though...(Very Good 8/10)
Dec 20, 2010 4:17 PM

Sep 2009
There better be a romantic scene between Agemaki and Zakuro next episode. I've been happy with this show so far though.
Dec 20, 2010 4:53 PM

Sep 2010
Not bad, I just hope the ending does the show justice.
Dec 20, 2010 5:26 PM

Nov 2007
Iilia said:
What I loved in this show was all the cute moments between each of the couples (and the mystery of Zakuro's past). This episode didn't have that. Instead, we have a plot that was average at best.

Even so, I still love this show and will probably rate it high. I just can't forget all the episodes before now that I loved so much.

Same same. The anime sure was a great watch as it followed the manga. Those Riken x Susukihotaru and Kei x Zakuro moments were the main reasons I came to love the show. Can't forget Bonbori and Hoozuki kawaii moments. Also that song of course.

Never got tired of it. Hope they sing it in the final episode.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 20, 2010 8:20 PM

Dec 2009
Yay, they used Riken and Susukihotaru's song this time! I adore their ED version!

Poor Omodaka...going through life without love. It seems that Byakuroku has some feelings for him, maybe all hope is not lost, Omodaka?

I hope in the final episode they use the song they usually sing when they're about to conquer their attackers. That's another song that I really enjoy listening to and I'd like to hear it sung one more time...or I may just have to go back to the first episode and rewatch it lol.

Can't wait for episode 13...even though it would be the last episode to one of the most enjoyable show this season :(
Signatures were meant to be:

A. Flashy (40% of MAL users)
B. Creative (56% of MAL users)
C. Cool (4% of MAL users)
D. None of the above (your signature)

Dec 20, 2010 8:58 PM

Aug 2010
I certainly thought this series would have been longer than 13 episodes but maybe we'll get a second season? Anyway I felt no pity whatsoever for Omodaka, that guy is just twisted in the head too much. He might have a mother complex or something who knows. Also I liked how the guys stepped up a bit in this episode as well. Daidai is such a fool she doesn't understand anything about what's really going on. I hate characters that are overly devoted to one person and only listens/believes what that person tells me. I hope the ending is good but I have a feeling it won't be what we're expecting >.>
Dec 20, 2010 9:12 PM

May 2008
wut i seem way more pity scenes then that

this is a great episode in my opinion it shows the true intentions of Omodaka and his mother though i still cant forgive him for calling his mother a dirty beast or something a few episodes ago in any case i hope for a great ending to this anime so that i can give this anime the score it deserves

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 20, 2010 9:40 PM

Feb 2009
...Damn, can't a villain just be a villain anymore? Seriously, they don't have to constantly be trying to shove pity down my throat.

Anyways, I didn't care for this episode too much but I'm really looking forward to the next one. I think with Zakuro unconcious the entire episode, it was a tad duller then usual.
Dec 20, 2010 11:32 PM

Aug 2010
sirwence said:
GarLogan78 said:

Hoppy said:
Omadaka's pity kills this episode, more evil, magical warfare, and sadism please.

This and this explained the whole episode. This is too stereotypical...just when I thought that this was a great anime. Still, it is the best from what I've seen in this season.
Dec 21, 2010 12:02 AM

Sep 2009
Yeah, a little disappointing of an episode. A little too much of the Omadaka pity train. At one point when he was looking at the village burning I was hoping someone would just walk up behind him and kick him off the hill. Oh well.

Here's to hoping for some more romantic moments next ep, as those are easily the best part of the show to me. I'll always hold out that there will be more of this show at some point, but I'm unfortunately expecting a lolanime ending. PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG JC STAFF.
Dec 21, 2010 12:25 AM

Mar 2010
I'm not too sure what to think about this episode. There was too many forced scenes where they tried to make it look like Omodaka was the one who should be glorified. Zakuro played the smallest part and still managed to be a decent figure in this episode! Dai Dai is an idiot of a character. She doesn't know it yet, but she's getting eaten any time soon! (o.o) Back to the main point, it was a pretty boring episode. The only understandable part was the clarity made describing Omodaka's past. Looking forward to the last!
Dec 21, 2010 2:46 AM

Feb 2010
ok ep Omadaka ruined it a little bit
Dec 21, 2010 4:41 AM

Apr 2009
Centent said:
Yeah, a little disappointing of an episode. A little too much of the Omadaka pity train. At one point when he was looking at the village burning I was hoping someone would just walk up behind him and kick him off the hill. Oh well.

very dissapointed in this ep, not enough to keep the viewer satisfied this ep.

imaginary-beauty said:
I certainly thought this series would have been longer than 13 episodes but maybe we'll get a second season? Anyway I felt no pity whatsoever for Omodaka, that guy is just twisted in the head too much. He might have a mother complex or something who knows. Also I liked how the guys stepped up a bit in this episode as well. Daidai is such a fool she doesn't understand anything about what's really going on. I hate characters that are overly devoted to one person and only listens/believes what that person tells me. I hope the ending is good but I have a feeling it won't be what we're expecting >.>

im not sure there can be a season 2 so far that i know of which maybe some one can help me out here

the manga has 5 volumes out so far, 1 volume and 3 chapters are scanned and subbed for us to read? not sure where the fk all the others because i wanted to see if the manga does continue so i have a little bit of hope for a second season i know how they got 13 eps with just 5 volumes, they had to of skipped some stuff and just had her kidnapped , i really dont want this one to end but i cant help the feeling this may be the last fk why cant they scanlations of this manga up faster?....
Dec 21, 2010 2:16 PM

Aug 2008
Well ain't it obvious Omodaka has mother issues right from the start. I presume he's going back to save the corpse of his mother.
Dec 21, 2010 3:21 PM

Apr 2009
Not sure why some people are complaining about cliches just now, the entire show has been full of them.

Omodaka's relationship with his mother is about what I expected, and this episode delivered. I like how they focused on her moment of regret: that she let him ago. He'll probably 'perish' in the fire with her next episode.

Anyway. A glimpse at his side of the story didn't really make me pity or sympathetic towards him. The situation that unfolded just emphasized his irrational disgust/hatred so I don't think they were trying to make us pity him. His POV filled in the plot a little, and he was previously underdeveloped.
Dec 21, 2010 8:55 PM

Nov 2009
omodaka sucks.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2010 10:20 AM
Oct 2008
I still like Omodaka more than Agemaki. The whole thing with Agemaki reading Zakuro's mom's mind is just..weird, I hope they have an explanation for that next episode.
Dec 22, 2010 12:00 PM

Mar 2009
to be honest, i wasn't expecting much from this series.
i was wrong of course :P
this is prob my favorite to watch for on going, along with to aru majutsu no index II :)
Dec 22, 2010 12:18 PM

Nov 2008
The thought that keeps striking me is that if our three "pretty soldier boys" are examples of what Imperial Japan can muster in this alternate history, then Emperor Meiji had better not try to expand into China, Korea, Russia or anywhere else they went in the late 19th/early 20th Century in our history, because they will get their collective asses kicked back to the stone age.
Dec 22, 2010 12:21 PM
Jul 2009
I'm disgusted at the implication that Omodaka is redeemable... truly he is a despicable person, but i suppose the phrase "only a mother could love" exists for a reason... still, if Zakuro forgives him I'll reconsider archiving this series...
Dec 22, 2010 5:55 PM

May 2007
shanimebib said:

sirwence said:

I would say anything after Kokkori-san episode. Since as far as I know that's where the anime caught up with manga, while the manga does cover the past of Tsukuhane, but not Omodaka/Hanadate being her son. In fact, according to IRC read, Hanadate remains an ordinary military personal and a romance interest of Zakuro, more like Kei's rival in romance.

Really? Then I will never read the manga. The thing I really hated about this anime is all the Hanadate thing and how Zakuro was drooling over him. It really gets to my nerves. A pity, I would say. I really liked this series, but the whole Zakuro-is-attracted-to-Hanadate affair ruined it for me.

But well, I hope Hanadate dies a very painful death in the next episode of the anime at least. If he gets Zakuro attracted to him during all the run of the original story (manga), I hope that he suffers a lot at the end of the anime. For me, at least, that would be a very welcomed consolation prize.
Dec 23, 2010 1:25 AM

Feb 2010
Ahhh this show is sooo gorgeous. It's a feast for the eyes; the spirits, the people, the scenery...

I actually liked this episode alot. Again, they showed us a side of a character we didn't know much about. Although, I don't like the "forced pity" feel for Omodaka at moments, they still highlighted how much of a bastard he's become.

Great episode for Agemaki... he really stood his own. Also, the moment where the fox spirits were like "kill me"... i was very touched. How terrible... I was glad they were freed.

This series is truly brilliant and depended on how it's rapped up will give it a 9 or 10..
MusashiRoseDec 23, 2010 2:16 PM
Dec 23, 2010 7:30 AM

May 2010
pretty good ep and with the fight scenes
well im still gonna put off omodaka even if he ends up becoming one with the good side ><

~Nyaaa~

Dec 23, 2010 2:53 PM

Jun 2008
sirwence said:
GarLogan78 said:

Yeah probably right there. Previous episode was a lot more enjoyable. Hope the last one will be better than this.
Zakuro just being lifeless like that hardly made things any interesting.
And how stupid was that all they had to do was attack those guys standing there to stop the foxes. Seriously did those guys standing there never thought someone might think "WTF am fighting this huge animal for. Lets just throw my knife to the guy over there that controls it".

Also i wanted to see Agemaki fighting for his girl, not lame "am here to save you too" bullshit.
I'm not saying it was horrible or anything but this show surprised me pleasantly until now so i don't want it to have mediocre last episodes.
Dec 26, 2010 8:08 AM

Jan 2008
Aw, the brilliant end is coming.

stAtic91 said:
My biggest impression this episode was how very beautiful and smooth the art and animation looks. I definitely think it's the prettiest looking anime this season. The fire looks gorgeous!

I agree about the art and animation. Just pure win. The fire? I didn't take much notice of it. I shall watch the fire again then.
Dec 28, 2010 9:59 AM

Aug 2008
YAY! for that convenient fire. Things were sure turning nasty near the end. I can't say I totally blame Omodaka for feeling the way he does. He's misguided and neglected. It's just that it's turned into this nasty jealousy over time. I'm looking forward to this final episode. Maybe Ganryuu will finally be of some use.

Jan 2, 2011 1:41 AM

Jul 2010
Biscuits said:
I still like Omodaka more than Agemaki. The whole thing with Agemaki reading Zakuro's mom's mind is just..weird, I hope they have an explanation for that next episode.

In case you missed it, Agemaki's mom and sister seem to have some special abilities when it comes to spirits. I think it runs in the family. But my bet is that Mom just pulled in the person who she perceived was closest to Zakuro to ask for their help.

All in all, this was a good episode. I like that it isn't all black and white and shows that even villains have shades of gray. (This is Seinen storytelling here. If you want everything black and white, go watch some shonen show! I'll take my stories more complex, thank you very much...)
Jan 2, 2011 2:07 AM

Jul 2010
shanimebib said:

sirwence said:

Anyways, pretty damn obvious episode and just like I feared. Well anyways, I enjoyed the first 10-11 episodes, so I will rate it a bit high after it ends regardless the lame lame finale its likely to pull.

Here is the bad google translation of the description of Mange volume 4:
Pomegranate been kidnapped! ! And a person who appeared before the pomegranate, the pomegranate is claiming that his brother! ? The pomegranate is the secret of birth ... ....

It looks like the kidnapping by her half-brother is canon. As to whether that guy is Hanadate, that is hard to say, but if your source is saying that Omodaka is not Zakuro's half-brother, I would bet that they are wrong.

Here is the Your-base-are-belong-to-us version of volume 5:
Ri "possessed by the supernatural," pomegranate has been kidnapped, mother reunited with blade collision. Has flowed from my mother, sad past. Pomegranate is the secret of his birth -! ?

[edit: corrected the quotes... I guess I trimmed off the original poster... ]
zensunniJan 2, 2011 11:11 PM
Jan 22, 2011 4:08 PM

Aug 2010
only one more episode left :'(
May 9, 2013 12:48 AM

Feb 2010
Hmm. Agemaki is too telepathic, for one...
I don't mind pity the villain thing but it's more believable when after a hero beats crap out of them, or when the circumstances realy force them to reconcile.
Magical fights were kind of lame, fencing was ok.
Zakuro looks cute when asleep \ in trance, as most tsundere go :)
No single one spearman in sight! I assume everyone is on leave in nearest town celebrating or something <_<

shanimebib said:
tsubasalover said:

This is turning into be another anime which we will look back and say "oh, that anime had some potential".

Aye.

sirwence said:
prismheart said:
Hey look theres a fire over there *grabs zakuro and runs >.>

lol
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Mar 14, 2014 1:11 AM

Aug 2013
This is probably my least liked episode in this series (so far). So many stupid things happened I can't help but cringe.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 18, 2014 10:42 PM

Oct 2013
What a frustrating episode. Everything's starting to crumble: the direction, writing, even the animation. Here's to hoping the finale doesn't follow suit.

More topics from this board

» It was only the perfect anime for the first two episodes until....

Kiryotsu - Jan 31

2 by lifeandstories »»
Feb 1, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 18, 2010

70 by CalmTeaTime »»
Dec 11, 2023 3:19 PM

Poll: » Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jinjos - Oct 4, 2010

162 by CalmTeaTime »»
Dec 11, 2023 3:17 PM

Poll: » Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 27, 2010

123 by Dawizz »»
Jun 10, 2023 7:08 PM

Poll: » Otome Youkai Zakuro Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 13, 2010

82 by Zekkenshin »»
Feb 10, 2021 1:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.