Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
May 31, 2014 6:54 AM

May 2014
They didn't ^
Jun 4, 2014 9:55 PM
Aug 2012
I really liked the Motoka side story. It was better than all of the routes except Sora's, which I still didn't enjoy as much as I could have due to her selfishness and lack of an interesting personality.

It's a shame that there wasn't a Kozue route. It probably would have been bad anyway tho.
Jun 11, 2014 12:41 AM

Apr 2011
Nao continues to prove to me that she's the best girl, being so understanding of Haru and Sora's incestuous love. She even helps him search the neighborhood for the girl Haru cheated on her with. Makes me dislike Haru even more for being such an asshole to her.

The end of the Sora route wasn't so bad, though Haru really seemed to have a full-on mental breakdown this episode. I guess banging your sister will do that to you, lol. In retrospect it wasn't the worst arc (I like Akira but frankly her arc was the most boring), but I still think Haru's kinda a jerk. Even if I had to feel sorry for her after awhile.

BTW, count me on the 'they're not dead' theory. They sent their friends a text message ... how are they going to do that if they're dead? It's an interesting theory but I don't see it happening.

Overall, I liked the series. I loved how they got around the harem problem by letting each girl have her own arc. I wish more H-game adaptations would follow this formula, but so far as I know YnS is the only one to have done it. I was a bit disappointed with the Sora arc, but that's largely because I like Nao the best and I hated watching Haru sneak around on her. Nao giving them her blessing redeemed the finale in my eyes. Plus we got to have more funny and sexy stuff with Motoka.

8/10
Jul 2, 2014 12:13 AM
Mar 2014
they aint dead they should off added the extra stuff so people would not thing that.
Jul 20, 2014 6:09 AM

Sep 2013
Welp, that's it guys.

I didnt really liked Sora's arc and Sora herself.

my score:
1st arc - 7/10
2nd arc - 3/10
3rd arc - 7/10
4th arc - 5/10

Overall, the series lacked depth in drama and the some conflicts were too easily resolved, well I cant really blame them, they only had 2 to 3 episodes to finish an arc.

7/10

Sora is a bitch.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 22, 2014 9:50 AM

Mar 2014
AsianKungFu said:
Welp, that's it guys.

my score:
1st arc - 7/10
2nd arc - 3/10
3rd arc - 7/10
4th arc - 5/10

Overall, the series lacked depth in drama and the some conflicts were too easily resolved, well I cant really blame them, they only had 2 to 3 episodes to finish an arc.

7/10

Sora is a bitch.

Doesn't matter..the only interesting arcs in this series were Nao and Sora all the others were simply unneeded

"Sora is a bitch"

Majority disagrees
Jul 25, 2014 7:45 PM

Jul 2014
Hahaha!!! Holy shit the face haruka made when he got caught. I just lost my shit when I saw it. So that's the famous "Caught banging my sister" face my friend kept telling me about. I must say it was worth watching the series just for that one scene. Lol. I wish I could use a picture of that face Haru made for my avatar.
Jul 30, 2014 6:00 PM

Jul 2012
Bad, but entertaining. Sora is a shitty female lead. Too possessive.
Jul 30, 2014 6:05 PM

Sep 2013
TheGrandSage23 said:
AsianKungFu said:
Welp, that's it guys.

my score:
1st arc - 7/10
2nd arc - 3/10
3rd arc - 7/10
4th arc - 5/10

7/10

Sora is a bitch.

Doesn't matter..the only interesting arcs in this series were Nao and Sora all the others were simply unneeded

"Sora is a bitch"

Majority disagrees
Nope, Sora is bitch.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 5, 2014 3:33 AM

May 2014
AsianKungFu said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

"Sora is a bitch"

Majority disagrees
Nope, Sora is bitch.

Nope, Sora isn't a bitch.
Aug 5, 2014 4:20 AM

Dec 2009
yyaziK said:
AsianKungFu said:
Nope, Sora is bitch.

Nope, Sora is the biggest bitch in the history of anime.

Every creeper just lets the twincest blind them and they can't see what a horrible and bratty human being this stupid bitch is.

EDIT: Stupid typo.
Sir_LexaAug 6, 2014 12:29 PM
Aug 5, 2014 2:44 PM

Jul 2012
Sir_Lexa said:
Nope, Sora is the biggest bitch in the history if anime.

+1
Aug 9, 2014 8:31 PM

Apr 2012
God thanks it's over :')
Aug 15, 2014 3:10 PM

Feb 2014
I must admit, this arc was handled much better than most shows in this "genre". If only the rest of the show was this good. The series wouldn't have lost much if the other arcs didn't exist. In fact, the show would've been much better if the character development of the other girls were integrated into one long Sora's arc (or rather, main plot), instead of just copying the routes from the VN and awkwardly patching them together.
Aug 18, 2014 2:36 PM

Mar 2014
Sir_Lexa said:
yyaziK said:

Every creeper just lets the twincest blind them and they can't see what a horrible and bratty human being this stupid bitch is.

Great argument kid

Fail
Aug 20, 2014 3:37 PM

Dec 2009
TheGrandSage23 said:
Sir_Lexa said:

Great argument kid

Fail

Not arguing here. Since it's a fact.

Fail.

And I must have missed when you came up with a great argument, where you prove Sora isn't a stuck up bitch. Who's selfish, immature and overall a nasty person. (Like her nasty feelings towards her twin was not enough)
Sir_LexaAug 20, 2014 3:47 PM
Aug 29, 2014 1:20 PM

May 2014
Sir_Lexa said:
yyaziK said:

Can't take you seriously anymore lmao

Pretty late on this reply but w/e yolo :3
Aug 30, 2014 3:38 PM

May 2014
Oh yh if anyone wants to know: During the lake scene Haru and Sora have sex as a way to "warm up" after they embrace each other, so that's why there's a cut scene which resulted in both of them being undressed and half naked etc :3

If you play the VN(visual novel) like myself then you'll know as well haha c:

Proof(lol):
http://puu.sh/bevxf/fd1af5783b.png > http://puu.sh/bevKO/48e4d69ba2.jpg(lol)

cya!

le swag 0ut
-BigDaddyYuriMan69
Sep 2, 2014 9:13 AM

Nov 2013
I m sorry but probably this is a stupid question. At the lake scene where both of them drowned. Is it Sora knows how to swim and she saved Haruka? Because we know Haruka couldn't swim. Lol
Newbie :P
Sep 2, 2014 3:40 PM

May 2014
sarkh said:
I m sorry but probably this is a stupid question. At the lake scene where both of them drowned. Is it Sora knows how to swim and she saved Haruka? Because we know Haruka couldn't swim. Lol

Yh she knows how to swim(despite her weak body she is a good swimmer), but dumbasses cba to actually play the vn or read the manga to know that she saves him when he almost drowns at the pool as well... also both the vn and manga included the part where Haru is near death and he tells Sora to help him and how he's a coward for trying to take the "easy way out" when she rescues him she also says that before he passed out, he blurted "Help me"

The creators did a great job stirring up these dead theories, if that was their overall objective with leaving out these important factors/attributes, but honestly all the answers lie within the vn, and if you try to say that they "died" just because of what the anime showcased, then please re-evaluate your "theory" and install the damn vn(or at least read the manga, it's really short as well but the only arc that's shown is Sora's+ it didn't really go in-depth in their relationship)
yyaziKSep 2, 2014 3:49 PM
Sep 18, 2014 6:21 AM

Aug 2013
he shouldve boned kozou somewhere along the line
Yo
Oct 3, 2014 7:16 AM

Nov 2013
Just looking back through some of these pages of comments makes my head hurt. It looks worse than the average seasonal hyped anime.

I appreciate the 'attempt' with what they tried to do with the story but it was just utterly awful. So many H-scenes came out of nowhere and all I could see was the BD sales chart getting bigger and bigger appealing to lonely otaku wishing to dodge the censoring.

Some of the character interactions literally blew my mind, whoever wrote it was so out of touch with reality that even average conversations at school seemed to be utterly dreadful. Were they never a student? When was the last time they interacted with another human being? In one of the earlier episodes Haru was talking to a girl and his guy friend came along and randomly grabbed them and pushed them closer so their bodies were touching and told them they should be talking closer. What the fuck did I even witness in this series.

The opening was very pleasant, productions values were absurdly high, quite surprising actually. The OST was great and handled very well, lots of good usage of it. Everything that didn't involve character writing or script was perfect, even if a lot of the female characters felt shoe-horned into their designs with big breasts and alike, I kinda liked them. Sora's design as cute. Shame she wasn't whenever she opened her mouth. In the first episode she was moaning because she walked for 10 fucking minutes. Holy christ I hated everyone by the end of this series. From the MC piloted by his penis to every vegetable female character.

If they stuck with a similar theme but toned down the long h-scenes or at least gave resolution and climaxes to different pairings in a non-stupid way then this series could've been great. That and if it wasn't written by a caveman judging by some of the dialogue.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 16, 2014 8:00 AM

Aug 2010
RyanSaotome said:
Joyce_Steele said:

I was actually thinking the same thing. And they made no mention of how Sora saved Haru in the water since they were like at least 30 feet under water sinking. It would be improbable to survive that.

I think they are also dead (anime told manner), they made two "ways" in this episode, an supernatural good ending and symbolic bad ending.
Oct 27, 2014 5:38 PM

Aug 2013
mayukachan said:
Sir_Lexa said:
Nope, Sora is the biggest bitch in the history if anime.

+1

Sora was a possessive bitch. She didn't Haru hanging out with anyone expect her. His friends were accepting of her, but she was still a bitch! She is a bigger bitch than Suzuka from Suzuka. I can't stand that chick either!
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Nov 3, 2014 9:23 PM
Jan 2011
LOL! So you walk in on someone ramming his sister doggie style. Of course I wouldn't run away yelling. hey should have locked the door. And the other two should have knocked before entertaining someones house. Haruka with the pimp slap.
xsilicon9Nov 3, 2014 9:28 PM
Nov 4, 2014 4:57 PM
Nov 2014
This is my first post on this forum and hopefully not the last.
I give this anime 4/5. I would like to give a 5 but there are some things that bothered me.

It was not funny. Not a single second!
It was not erotic. Hell I would even say that the h-scenes were unnecessary.
Its just sad. Even after the happy end.

I think it was a mistake from the makers to try to follow the game and create several arcs. I liked the last one the most and I feel that the rest was forced into the anime.
Its not a game and it shouldnt be like a game.

Someone wrote here that "Yosuga no Sora" was on top of a list of animes, which parents consider dangerous for their children. I can understand why.

That whole damn plot shattered all my beliefs about incest.

But this is not the topic here.
I beliefe that the death theories are nonsense.
Just stop killing people.

1. I dont think that someone saved them.(and left them alone)
2. Sora can swim.
3. She is capable to save her brother, because its easier to lift someone in the water.
Especially if you have a reason to try hard and Sora had one.
4. As it was told, they survived the game and the manga, so why they should be dead in the anime? Some people just interpret too much.

And now I will have some fun.
My own theory is that the most people who wish them to be deat are just disappointed by the ending. Whyever...-.-

Have a nice day.

animacion1
Nov 7, 2014 10:03 PM
Aug 2014
It was pretty decent overall. I stumbled across this while looking for a romantic anime that actually included scenes with love making, just for that added passion in the moments, and it did it's job well enough. Never once did the whole "incest" thing really bother me, but it's not necessarily what I was looking for either.

My only real complaint, and this is definitely more of a personal one, was the order of the various arcs. My favorites were easily Sora and Kazu, so during the middle section I just found myself not really caring about the romantic aspect of things, and without that, this show doesn't really have much going for it. I would've much preferred if they started with Nao, followed by Akira, Kazu, and Sora. I feel the bonds Haru had with Kazu and Sora were just so much greater. Again, that's just personal opinion.

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10
Nov 8, 2014 2:49 PM

Aug 2013
Only the last 3 episodes were interesting and those idiots should've drowned together.
Jan 23, 2015 10:21 PM

Jun 2013
So, that was an interesting anime to say the least. I enjoyed the OST and the art style. The story had its ups and downs.
I think that there were some unneeded H-scenes though, specifically the ones in the first and second arc. Those two would have still felt the same without the H-scenes. The twincest didn't bother me at all, honestly. I was much more bothered by Nao and Haru as children doing it...

This last arc though, I really thought it had a nice story. This last episode was especially well done. I wish they would've used 10 or so seconds to show Sora wrecking her room and the dinner table. I also like how Sora went to the lake after Akira explained the whole rebirth thing.

I just have to say, Sora's character design (the visuals I mean) is one of my favorites out of almost every anime I've ever watched. It's just something about her design that makes her look so cute.
Feb 1, 2015 12:04 AM
Aug 2014
SoftCake said:
Only the last 3 episodes were interesting and those idiots should've drowned together.
bro, they're dead.

1) The stuffed rabbit was seen still ripped up in sora's bedroom, when their friends visited their house after they supposedly left. Then when you see them on the train in the end, the rabbit is in one piece and with sora.

2) the text message the rich girl got, you can see there wasn't an email address on it, even though she was reading an email. Yes, in Japan it's easier to text through email than sms. why? you may ask. It might just be easier to cope with loss of two friends, if they all just believe they moved away. They said it themselves, sora and haru were the glue that kept their circle together. It would have been devastating to suddenly lose people like that. Also when she's reading the text, she looks away in the typical anime trope fashion, signaling to the audience that she's lying.

3) sora and haru don't know how to swim. Even if sora knew how to swim in the VN, it's evident she couldn't in the anime. She started drowning the second she got into the deep end. There also wasn't any scenes in the show that indicated she could swim and haru told nao he needed swimming lessons.

4) sora was the first one to pass out, but was also the first one to be awake after they got back on dry land. pretty much blatantly shows she passed onto the afterlife first

5) Even if Sora even did know how to swim, how exactly would a character frequently described as weak and frail, be able to carry her larger brother out of the water and up some steps when he's fully unconscious? Especially with the fact that when they both started sinking, sora was powerless to keep them afloat

6) Throughout the season, haru says that they don't have much money since their parent's died. How are they going to pay for 2 airplane tickets and multiple train rides to get to where they're going. Not to mention they're moving to completely new city.

7) when Haru ask's if they're dead, sora doesn't answer...instead she makes a sad look

No guys, using evidence from the VN doesn't count because the anime is it's own entity and should be treated as such. It would be as stupid as trying to use stuff that happened in Game of thrones/ASoIF books to show an ability a character had in the TV show when they we're shown to have it in the TV show.

Overall I thought the show had an awesome sad ending, I just wish it was more blatant to avoid people stampering their feet because they thought it was cop out "happy" ending.
pandapal95Feb 1, 2015 12:18 AM
Feb 26, 2015 4:10 AM

Nov 2013
Bullshit. This show really could have used not doing the arc thing; also too much drama... get rid of this realism from my fantasy shows please... Could have been handled much better.
Feb 27, 2015 2:30 AM

Oct 2014
since they eloped at the new school they could say we r engaged so we have same last name and it just so happened we look similar or u can say we r cousins so yeah its not like they could of had trouble getting around the incest issue also u dont have to get married just because u love someone
Apr 23, 2015 3:55 PM

May 2011
pandapal95 said:
SoftCake said:
bro, they're dead.

1) The stuffed rabbit was seen still ripped up in sora's bedroom, when their friends visited their house after they supposedly left. Then when you see them on the train in the end, the rabbit is in one piece and with sora.

2) the text message the rich girl got, you can see there wasn't an email address on it, even though she was reading an email. Yes, in Japan it's easier to text through email than sms. why? you may ask. It might just be easier to cope with loss of two friends, if they all just believe they moved away. They said it themselves, sora and haru were the glue that kept their circle together. It would have been devastating to suddenly lose people like that. Also when she's reading the text, she looks away in the typical anime trope fashion, signaling to the audience that she's lying.

3) sora and haru don't know how to swim. Even if sora knew how to swim in the VN, it's evident she couldn't in the anime. She started drowning the second she got into the deep end. There also wasn't any scenes in the show that indicated she could swim and haru told nao he needed swimming lessons.

4) sora was the first one to pass out, but was also the first one to be awake after they got back on dry land. pretty much blatantly shows she passed onto the afterlife first

5) Even if Sora even did know how to swim, how exactly would a character frequently described as weak and frail, be able to carry her larger brother out of the water and up some steps when he's fully unconscious? Especially with the fact that when they both started sinking, sora was powerless to keep them afloat

6) Throughout the season, haru says that they don't have much money since their parent's died. How are they going to pay for 2 airplane tickets and multiple train rides to get to where they're going. Not to mention they're moving to completely new city.

7) when Haru ask's if they're dead, sora doesn't answer...instead she makes a sad look

No guys, using evidence from the VN doesn't count because the anime is it's own entity and should be treated as such. It would be as stupid as trying to use stuff that happened in Game of thrones/ASoIF books to show an ability a character had in the TV show when they we're shown to have it in the TV show.

Overall I thought the show had an awesome sad ending, I just wish it was more blatant to avoid people stampering their feet because they thought it was cop out "happy" ending.

Being this delusional...

For me it was 10/10 and I'm talking about the ending to this last arc. It's rare to see an actual incest ending and in my opinion it was executed very well. Sure I haven't played the game so I don't know how faithful is that adaptation but I as a viewer am very pleased with this series. Now, tike to check other titles.

BTW are those BD OVAs/extras worth watching?
Apr 24, 2015 3:38 PM
Aug 2014
ma_ko said:
pandapal95 said:
bro, they're dead.

Being this delusional...

For me it was 10/10 and I'm talking about the ending to this last arc. It's rare to see an actual incest ending and in my opinion it was executed very well. Sure I haven't played the game so I don't know how faithful is that adaptation but I as a viewer am very pleased with this series. Now, tike to check other titles.

BTW are those BD OVAs/extras worth watching?
Being this Passive Agressive....
May 3, 2015 12:51 PM

Mar 2015
I honestly didn't know what I just finished. The episodes getting clashed on each other's arc. Also MC having sex on each girls, with different situation as if an alternate universe. An incest, but I'm okay with that because Sora is cute and I don't mind if they're brother-sister because I just want Sora to be happy lol. Enjoyable anime overall, Sora also have the last arc, which is the best arc.

May 8, 2015 11:41 AM

Jun 2013
First things first, Yosuga no Sora has something which is a rarity in harem genre - good male lead. Haruka was not indecisive main lead and story actually progressed quite well. That alone would give this anime high praise.

This is complemented by using reset button, which is a second good thing. So far I have seen mostly harem anime where romance progresses nowhere and one of two anime where main lead chooses one girl over others and I had some sort of problem with almost all of them. However, Yosuga no Sora completely erases this by giving all girls nearly same amount of screen time and a having Haruka complete all routes. Simply put, problems like non advancing romance or choosing female lead watcher didn't love cannot exist.

Finally, most controversial part of this anime - Incest. Do not get me wrong, I am not a big fan of incest. It found it interesting because it is a taboo and that is all. What I loved for a change is that this was pure, 100% incest. We usually get treatment like - "I am not your blood relative, so maybe it is incest, maybe it is not". It really annoyed me, because just like indecisive MC it goes back and forth and ultimately ends nowhere. Yosuga no Sora put no breaks there. They said they were going for incest, and they went for it all the way. It was really refreshing to see anime which is not holding back. So maybe I will get hate, but for that I give it 9/10.
Dimitrije1606May 8, 2015 11:45 AM
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 24, 2015 9:36 AM
May 2015
Hmm i just heard this from 9gag about 4 days ago and now after i watched all 12 episodes 2 times and read all the manga chapter, its safe to say that i love yosuga no sora :)

For me the sora ending is the best. Even though i'm not a fan of brother and sister having sex by any means, in this anime the incest stuff is justified. What i love the most is the pure love between the two that i can almost feel it literally. And at the last part when she kissed haru and told him "the crumb is gone now" and the music and everything is just SO DAMN GOOOOOODDDDD11!!!!111111!!1!.

Its a shame they wont come back to the village tho... because living just the two of them in a foreign country? Bitch please those 2 cant even speak english. But i think it gives more drama to it i guess...

Ps: im still hooked with toui sora he for a couple of days now
eyesteelgodeatMay 24, 2015 9:51 AM
May 25, 2015 12:10 PM

Mar 2015
eyesteelgodeat said:

Ps: im still hooked with toui sora he for a couple of days now

Yeah that and "Old Memory" are just perfection, couldn't think of more fitting music for this anime.
Aug 7, 2015 10:03 PM
Jun 2014
They are definitely alive. I believe the bear on the train was either a mistake, or a retarded move by the studio to make people discuss it. Why would Sora be wet and waiting for Haru to wake up if they both died? Why would they even be there if they died? Both in the visual novel and the manga they both survived exactly in the same manner as shown in the anime. So it boils down to the anime studio actually being faithful, but making some details hazy for giggles.
Aug 9, 2015 12:58 PM
Aug 2015
TechnicalMonkey said:
Krandal said:
The problem with just buying a new rabbit is that it was a memento from her mother (if I remember correctly). Another rabbit that looked the same would hold no sentimental value...

Don't forget about having the same exact pattern of ribbon on the rabbit as well. As for the death cover-up, see my post just before this one.

Finally to answer about the phone numbers, it is possible that both twins had everyone's phone number. However, if I only had one person to send an email to I would send it to the person that knew the situation, knew me personally the most, and would be the most understanding. Nao fits that bill in this situation and not Kazuha.

Again, if I am wrong about all of this, their story would be really bad. I think the fact that you can draw a plausible conclusion opposite of the norm is what makes this story so good in my eyes.

You people seemed to have forgotten at the time that the siblings and Kazuha are the only ones to have cell phones in the town.
Aug 9, 2015 1:09 PM
Aug 2015
Dunkmaru said:
Alright, this load of theories is really tiresome. Here's what happens in the visual novel, in case you guys want to compare:

Discuss.

Yeah, they both died in the anime. I mean, it's so different compared to the anime. In the anime, it was Sora who first begin drowning and struggling. Also, the anime had the ambiguous feeling of the afterlife with him asking if they were alive. This also makes sense in terms of reality; them living and having explicit relationship as depicted in the VN would have gotten that ban that the mayor wants so much.
Aug 9, 2015 1:19 PM
Aug 2015
Fnights said:

Maugomale said:
Alright, this load of theories is really tiresome. Here's what happens in the visual novel, in case you guys want to compare:

Discuss.

So was Sora that save Haru, well she have a unbelievable strenght to be able to pull out haru from the bottom of the lake with the heavy clothes on. But well i guess this is the only explaination possible against the "death theory", this + the text message.

Remember, that was in the VN. But this is the anime.
Aug 9, 2015 1:24 PM
Aug 2015
guyklc said:
Kozue's unwillingness to accept HaruxSora with all the talk about "it's just comes down to feelings" in the end really reminded me of what gay rights activists would say. Maybe incest would be the next kind of relationship to be accepted in our world? Lol.

I take it that you don't approve homosexuality?
Besides, what's wrong with incest really? And don't tell me it's because society says so, because I'll give you legit reasons to why finding the cure for incurable diseases such as cancer is a bad thing.
Aug 16, 2015 12:04 PM

Aug 2015
I really don't know what to think about the ending of Yosuga no Sora. It's true that there are many proofs of their death, but in the other hand, i don't see why the anime ending would be different from the Visual Novel / Manga.

So i'm pretty sure that Sora or Nao/Akime helps Haru to get out of the water and they decided to leave that place quickly, for the bunny... Maybe she doesn't need it anymore and the new one is a symbol for their new relationship ?

And the discussion between the classmates is not the kind of discussion you can have is you're talking of dead people, right ?

But in the end, whatever, dead or alive ? Who cares ? Have you seen their face seriously ? They seem really happy, this is the important thing, the rest is secondary in my opinion.

Great anime, i shed a tear, i must admit. 9/10
Aug 31, 2015 12:45 PM

Aug 2015
whoaa, as much I disliked the first half of series, I liked the last arc. Sora really saved the series for me.
Sep 7, 2015 12:59 AM
Jul 2018
Hmm.... The finale is certainly unique unlike episodes 10 and 11. However, it was time for Haruka to face the facts; the "reality," as he said.

Kozue and Nao weren't ready to accept Haruka's relationship with Sora right away. Plus, there are those "real life" factors such as inbreeding, the guilt, etc. Sometimes I think it's necessary to think about these things before we assume things about the story. Haruka slapping Sora is certainly bad, but consider the tremendous stress laid upon him.

Sora had a blatantly strong bond with Haruka, that much is for certain. She also has dependency issues. So I'd assume it's natural for her to keep saying that she's afraid of losing him and acting clingy (not that it's excusable for everyone). He's the proverbial lifeline. And when you love someone, you're willing to do stupid things. Nao also mentioned that you can't chose who you fall in love with and that is very true.

That said, I'll take the fact that Sora can swim into account. The lake is truly symbolic. They seriously were able to live the life they wanted, which is a okay ending to the show. I can't say it was "great" or "spectacular."

The reason why I think there was no sense of closure is because we didn't have a chance to see an epilogue. For example, maybe they're having sex in a private room appreciating their freedom to love each other or a wedding where it's legal. We didn't have that luxury and it's probably why many people feel conflicted.

But of course, this is an adaptation. We shouldn't expect so much from a budgeted and time-constrained project such as an anime.

7/10 since the other routes pulled the whole show down. I acknowledge that it was necessary to point out all the routes in order to lead up to Sora's route, but it just didn't fit.

But all in all, 10/10 for Sora's arc.
Sep 17, 2015 1:19 PM

Dec 2014
Ehr, this might be a stupid question. The twins went to live into their granpa's house to regain serenity and stuff but, who's gonna pay the bills?
Sep 17, 2015 5:49 PM

Jun 2012
flo7 said:
Ehr, this might be a stupid question. The twins went to live into their granpa's house to regain serenity and stuff but, who's gonna pay the bills?

It is safe to assume their parents left them some money, I remember they were a fairly wealthy family.
Oct 13, 2015 3:21 PM

Feb 2015
All in all, a good anime which deals seriously about a difficult topic.

But what I really can't get are the people who worship Sora.
It would be one thing that she only had her tsundere attitude along with a brother complex. Thats something I personally don't care about (I actually like tsundere characters). But her character traits are really bad and to me, she is the most unlikeable person in the anime (she may be attractive, but that isn't something rare in an anime).
In all other arcs, she doesn't want Haru to have luck with other women, especially with his old other love Nao. She can't really live alone and wants to force a relationship with Haru despite of all costs. In order to fullfill this, she can't stand other girls who even dare to get near her beloved brother. Obviously, she is also a control freak who wants to know every second where Haru is. That, among other traits, are signs that she definitely is mental ill and this was finally triggered when their parents died.

Also, I really can't understand the Nao hate. She is even in the Sora arc a really good person who wishes Sora and Haru luck for the future. Everything that would be unthinkable for the psychotic Sora.

I haven't played the VN and maybe there is some more depth or information about Sora. But nevertheless, even this wouldn't repair her unsympathic traits of her in my eyes. I seriously can't stand women like her who are obsessed with one person and want to control its full life, while everything goes according to her will. Disgusting.
WarghostOct 13, 2015 3:25 PM
Oct 25, 2015 11:40 AM

Aug 2013
Nao best girl. Nao is love.
I still hate Sora, not because incest, but she is just a bitch.
Anyway very nice anime, beautiful visuals and music. 8/10

@ I don't get Nao hate too, but you can do anything with it, people always likes shit characters.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nozomu - Oct 18, 2010

287 by DemhatTks16 »»
Apr 11, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 6, 2010

187 by Obscurantist »»
Apr 7, 12:16 PM

» How can I add hanime in the app (Android)

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 26

12 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 28, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Nov 22, 2010

230 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Nov 8, 2010

185 by Obscurantist »»
Feb 20, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.