Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 27, 2010 10:39 AM

Mar 2008
Wow, that last episode was really worth watching :)
Great battles, but it's sad Jubei didn't survive :( But since Amakusa can be revived again, it's possible to make a 2nd season and resurrect her... (But i doubt it, this anime didn't get a lot of success it seems...)
Dec 29, 2010 1:06 PM

Oct 2010
Well saw it some time ago but forgot to comment. This episode was fantastic in the fights but I kind was disappointed with the sudden black/white part, which I hope they will color in the BDs provided the sales are good. In regards to this episode, I was most satisfied with Charles getting a official mark of a Master Samurai

I found it cheesy a little this second time renewal of the contract with the general just because Muneakira became one officially. It was nice but still cheesy. Kind of sick how Gisen digged inside of the body of Jubei. Glad that Jubei went out of the trap and fought till the end Gisen but for a death of Jubei it was sad but not really because with Gisen coming back Jubei will also since they are both sisters. They finally did the best shit ever, in this series, 2 different colored eyes with Jubei that I love in anime:

As for a second season I could say I want Kanetsugu and Matabei to be master Samurai. Time to re-watch the BD.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 31, 2010 11:21 AM

Feb 2008
the last battle was very EPIC!! But damn why did jubei have to die.But still a very good ending :)
Jan 1, 2011 4:07 PM

Jul 2010
Very good beginning, dissapointing ending,but...the last battle was awesome! I didn't expect that Jubei won't survive. I hope there will be 2nd season...
Jan 3, 2011 1:51 PM

Oct 2007
IZUMI64 said:
Why black and white !!???
Because of the amazing power of the two Jyuubei(Black) and Gisen(White) were too strong that it overlap everything else >_< or to be more specific, budget.
SivaJan 3, 2011 2:32 PM

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 3, 2011 6:03 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, the ending surprised me, it was good.

Poor Juubei T.T
Jan 4, 2011 8:05 AM

Oct 2010
I loved the series until this episode. It felt rushed. Jyuubei's death was completely unnecessary. Plot holes and unanswered questions all over the place. Very disappointing. I have a feeling this series will not see a second season. Oh well.
mousukoshiJan 4, 2011 8:09 AM
Jan 4, 2011 8:59 AM

Sep 2010
Sayonara Jyubei... :(
Jan 6, 2011 2:23 PM

Nov 2007
Such an incredible ending. The black and white really made it feel like the battle was powerful.
Jan 6, 2011 4:02 PM

Jul 2009
^Such an epic triple post sir xD

Awww poor Jyubei :/ But somehow I felt this was going to happen... Oh and the last 1-2 minutes were super rushed, as if the producers made the final battle and said: "Oh sht, we made it too long, we have only 30 seconds to tell what happened later... Oh well who cares."
ʕ • ᴥ • ʔ
Jan 8, 2011 10:21 AM

Aug 2010
What a great Ending! I hope for the second season and it would be.
Jan 18, 2011 10:56 AM
May 2009
Seriouly why couldn't the whole series be like this episode? This episode had action, character devepment and a good artistic feel.

I know many people feel like the art in "Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls" felt pretentionous, but I don't agree. I really liked the way they worked it out, sure it could have done without the annoying fanservice and the censorship accompaning it, but it still gave the series a unique touch. And I also liked how the final battle was done in black and white, I'm just a sucker for the colorless. Though I think a gimmic like leaving just Jyuubei's eyes in color might have given the scene an even better touch. Kind of made me recall the last episode of gunbuster.

Over in all, I enjoyed this anime, but it just made me wonder again why so many anime need to fuck around with slice of life in the beginning instead of pursuing one cronological storyline, would have given them more time to develop it too.

Oh well, overall 7/10 for me, 8/10 for this episode.
Jan 21, 2011 6:01 AM

Dec 2009
I liked the whole series, but this last episode really felt rushed. As pantsukudasai said, Jyuubei's death was completely unnecessary. There are a lot of unanswered questions at the end especially. It made me have a horrible feeling, like: "That's all? It ended? And what's next? What's with Jyuubei? She can't be dead! What's with others?". It's a sad feeling. In the folder I had written 2 Specials that follow the series and the player started them after the end. I'm glad it did. They rose my mood a little. I was so excited and the end suddenly ruined it. After reading some comments,I found my peace, I guess. Anyway, a little regret is present.

*sigh* Overall I give it a 9/10 despite my mood. It was good enough. And despite everything else, my soul doesn't wish for a second season. Strange, isn't it?
Jan 30, 2011 3:38 PM

Jul 2010
wow, too much of a cliffhanger, now what happens? everyone and everything gets lost through time?

well anyway it was an ok anime has its good and bad's. imma go with 7/10, it would be 8 if it werent for the ink sploches

Feb 1, 2011 2:11 PM

Oct 2010
wow the amount of cheeze in the last episode is just... to much for me to process. I feel bad for Jyuubei, she did twice in once episode (when they kiss and when did the whole falcon punch to the atmosphere, kinda reminds me Saint Seiya)
This was much better that what i expected from this show, and i don't think there would be a second season. It would be too wierd of a character dynamic with out Jyuubei, unless they bring her back which would be terrible.
8/10 - Fun to watch and pretty Epic Battle
huh?
Feb 2, 2011 10:35 PM

Nov 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
I found it cheesy a little this second time renewal of the contract with the general just because Muneakira became one officially. It was nice but still cheesy. Kind of sick how Gisen digged inside of the body of Jubei. Glad that Jubei went out of the trap and fought till the end Gisen but for a death of Jubei it was sad but not really because with Gisen coming back Jubei will also since they are both sisters. They finally did the best shit ever, in this series, 2 different colored eyes with Jubei that I love in anime:
...What?

Anyway, the series was okay. I agree with many that say the ending was rushed. There seems to be a lot questions that they haven't answered, such as random girls falling out of the sky into Muneakira's arms, or why it's necessary to kiss twice to increase the master samurai power. It's almost like, the more I kiss you, the more super saiyan you'll become.

The ending was somewhat left open and for obvious reasons, but what about the other girls like Matabei, Hanzo, Senhime and Kanetsugu? It just seems like they needed to tie some of the loose ends up before officially ending the series.
Feb 19, 2011 5:46 PM

Jan 2010
I'd like to remind everyone that this is a show where resurrection is possible (think DBZ), so a death doesn't mean as much as it would in other anime. There is a very big chance that they make a second season and if they do, be sure that Jubei WILL be resurrected one way or another.
Feb 27, 2011 4:01 PM

Mar 2009
I didn't like the last episode. I found it boring.
Mar 19, 2011 4:11 PM
Dec 2010
I was bit skeptical about this show at the beginning but the climax was great. If there'll be second season i'm gonna watch it Though i cant imagine what would(except fillers and reunion) would be there, maybe reincarnation of that almost reincarnated bad-guy at the end ? hehe .

ShadowTemplar said:
It was a good fight.
Although the ending somewhat confused me. (Did everyone go their own way or remained with the main guy? Don't know watching them all fade away as the credits roll. >.<)

Maybe this calls for a second session?

This makes u think about it doesn't it ? hehe
Maybe they just gave up waiting for her according to their love for each other or they left main guy coz he felt mainly for Jubei and they realized that. Or it was just for show hehe ..
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Mar 20, 2011 8:41 PM

Jan 2010
Random, incoherent crap.

While this series was never particularly good, for a while it was at least fun. The members of the harem were conniving and scheming but they needed to work together so they did, while Muneakira played the naif. He was kind of bland but... that happens. With the novel design and artwork, it was worth taking a look at (although I'm getting really bored with these shows where all female characters are either super-busty or super-loli -- 'cause that's the only way that a show can be funny these days).

Then Gisen showed up and after a few amusing but mostly tedious moments, the whole show started to take itself really seriously. The fate of the universe hangs in the balance. It took me a long time to finish watching the series because it got tedious and now I wish I hadn't. All the characters basically vanished in the last couple episodes, only popping up now and again to remind the viewer that they believe in each other. And this whole General/Master Samurai just became embarrassing. When did Muneakira become a general, let alone the general of generals? All the tension between the characters vanished because it interfered with the silly new save the universe plotline.

Anyway, it should have been more fun.
May 11, 2011 6:49 AM
Apr 2011
Definitely not what I was hoping for. But oh well...Still hoping for a second season and hopefully a resurrected Jubei. They can't make another season without her.
SCNFanMay 11, 2011 7:40 AM
May 14, 2011 8:29 AM

Nov 2010
all in all a good series, i enjoyed it. The plot ultimately was a little stale and the main protagonist fell to the generic male harem lead before long, but it was enjoyable. The art and character designs made up for it. SOOO glad i waited for the BD releases to watch the whole series....ending was pretty good, but predictable.
Jun 9, 2011 3:31 PM

Jul 2008
dont no wth everyone else was watching but jubie came back in the end >_>
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Jun 10, 2011 8:10 AM

Jun 2011
Takala said:
dont no wth everyone else was watching but jubie came back in the end >_>

hmm apparently this thread was created before the BD releases so many ppl may not know the finalized ending..Oh well..Here goes

So i believe now you have no real reason to hate the ending ;) But still...The LN is so much better than the anime..Can't wait for them to release them in English translation!

By rhymesmatter at 2011-06-10
Jun 15, 2011 5:11 PM

Sep 2008
They really fucked up the ending.
Juubei shoud have been a fleeting memory, but nOoOooOoO, they just had to revive her after 1 week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2011 4:34 PM

Nov 2009
6/10. started off well but quickly fell flat on its face round about the time generic male harem lead made sen and yukimura master samurai's and it was pretty downhill from there, plus the final fight being in black and white looked horrible imo.
Jul 5, 2011 9:12 PM

Jul 2008
7/10. It was way better than I expected it to be. But they laid on the whole "feelings are power" thing WAY WAY too thick in the last few episodes.
Jul 24, 2011 1:02 PM

Nov 2010
Whoa Juubei returns. I though I had spoiled myself by going through these threads. What a curveball. Blu-Ray for the win.
7/10 Pleasantly surprised. Exceeded expectations.
Sep 23, 2011 5:30 PM
Sep 2008
i like the over "feel" of the last fight. making everything white and black was a nice touch. it did feel epic:)
Sep 27, 2011 3:11 AM

Oct 2009
I just came here to say that, this show was so fucking shit, it pissed me off so much.

Like, throughout the whole thing I was like: "Shut the fuck up you piece of shit."

Fuck, no seriously, so shit. Shit!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2011 1:03 PM

Jun 2008
Chibi Juubei in the credits of each episode was the best part of the show. Reading early posts I think I would have been more satisfied with the tv ending since the extended blu-ray ending made me facepalm, much as I liked Juubei. Oh well, still a fun watch for mindless entertainment, and it was nice to hear some familiar Sentai voices since I haven't watched a dub in a while. 7/10.
Feb 12, 2012 8:40 PM

May 2010
Yeah, screw the extended ending, shit like that cheapens the sacrifice. If you're gonna die, then fucking die! Don't people die if they're killed? (And, on an unrelated note, is Shirou therefore smarter than the people who write anime?)

Anyways, this was by no means a great anime, but I certainly enjoyed it. Not too happy with the last episode, it was a bit too heavy with the "emotions = power" trope, but episode 11 was marvelous so I'll let it slide.
“Money can't buy dere”
Apr 15, 2012 12:55 AM

Apr 2009
i need to ask, because i see there is a novel out and im not sure if its completed... so does that mean there is more to the story and that juubei comes back?? i mean not like she was 100% humam right? wasnt she? maybe she was placed back in the dimension she was found in.
Jun 12, 2012 8:31 PM

Jun 2012
i see i am late reacting and i am also new to this site but to clear some miss understadings that i readed upon on the forum

1 some one said There seems to be a lot questions that they haven't answered, such as random girls falling out of the sky into Muneakira's arms, or why it's necessary to kiss twice to increase the master samurai power

answer = they needed to kiss twice not exactly to become more powerfull if you watched closly to the anime you remember he had chains around him it mend that he was not a full general yet so also the contract with there general was not full yet for the girls falling down no idea

2 the answer for Master7Zero = the ligth novel is ongoing + manga so there wil probaly be a season 2 of anime to but we need to w8 long cause they are not to fast i have seen animes do there second seasons after 8 years i dont say this will happen to this one i think it will come out pretty soon but nothing have been amounced

and the bigest misunderstanding is that juubei is dead cause she is certainly not i have watched the bluray and there they showed juubei came back once again and they kissed again so a happy ending after all

and there where some short specials :)

hope this clears some misunderstandings and that i was of help
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Aug 24, 2012 5:23 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This show actually worked best when it was a harem. The battle scenes were too contrived and the dramatization pretty poor.

BTW I can see that they changed the ending for the BD in order to get a happy ending. Strange choice.

Lovely art though. I'd like to see more shows use this style.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 26, 2012 7:55 PM

Jun 2012
Crappy ending, sorry I guess I just did not want her to die. The very end felt rushed and when they were fading away it made me feel worse. I know It usually isn't always cool when everyone makes it out alive but this time I would have liked them to. Would have rather had that jerk die instead, you probly know who I'm talking about.

Read the entry 2 above mine it looks like juubei might have survived in the blue ray ending I hope this is true.
FallenkingzeroAug 26, 2012 7:58 PM
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Aug 30, 2012 4:20 AM

Jun 2010
Oh well.. Now I understand why they made a S2.. because there is a separate blu - ray ending, that I have not seen..
Aug 30, 2012 7:37 AM

Apr 2011
Second season is announced.
Jan 15, 2013 9:52 AM

Sep 2011
really amazing end ... wow
Jan 30, 2013 8:24 AM

Sep 2012
Very awesome series. Cant wait for season 2 to come out.
Feb 16, 2013 1:09 PM

Jan 2013
Sad, but a great ending.
Mar 4, 2013 1:54 PM
Aug 2012
I love this show and cannot wait for season two! I really like the art quality and, for once, the English dub!
Mar 12, 2013 4:13 PM
Aug 2012
WTF

Haha they go on about being a master samurai but that was closer to a super saiyan fight than a samurai fight.
Hated how when Jubie died she just reappeared a week later like death is calm for her and the fight would have looked better if they kept it in colour not that black and white 1940s garbage.

Overall I'm just a hater but the whole series was a dead story.
Mar 30, 2013 2:08 AM

Jan 2011
If Jubei had truly died this would have been a 5. Since she survived/returned I guess I'll give it a 6 or a 7. Will watch the first episode of second season as it broadcasts but if they have those damn black dots censoring I'll put it on hold till the bluerays.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 14, 2013 5:38 PM

Aug 2011
There was so much happening in this final ep that it was just crazy. So many flashbacks of important feelings, so many outbursts of supernatural power only to be one-upped by the opponent. I thought the ending with Juubei was a little too perfect. Of course, the light-hearted personality would always return alongside the master samurai but her moment of disappearance and her reincarnation seemed so rushed.

Seems like the TV ending was a little more bleak after skimming comments. I would have liked something in between the two: with a light in the sky appearing, hinting at Juubei's return, but you never actually see who it is. Muneakira's smile would drive home the fact that it's our favourite master samurai.

Thankfully, the art throughout this series was lovely. The ink splats and the brush strokes really immersed me in to the era and it was what lead me to become addicted to watching it. The characters were all likeable but I do have a liking for the serious Juubei. Kanetsugu wasn't as funny as I expected her to be but her design is definitely the stand-out of the bunch. Perhaps the person I disliked the most was the main character for being too plain and forgettable.

Adored the OP. The song is very powerful and seductive much like the girls themselves. The ED song wasn't my thing but I couldn't complain about the visuals alongside it. Even though the final episodes threw lots of sudden information to the public, I had a lot of fun watching this series and it was certainly better than expected. 7/10.
May 11, 2013 2:15 PM

Feb 2012
The plot was kinda rushed in the last few episodes. I tried to like the MC but I just couldn't do it both his voice and face annoyed the hell out of me. Still an enjoyable series, onwards to season 2.
Aug 7, 2013 3:19 PM

May 2012
Very impressive ending, lots of great action and when you think it was a bad end you directly changed with that final kiss! I found it really nice rounding the story off! Still pretty epic series in general and well I really liked the in overall. The characters, pace, animations and art where all quite impressive even the ecchi was pretty decent put in picture!

I do wonder what the ova and the second season will be like!
Nov 27, 2013 8:32 AM
May 2013
I wonder why did they made a 2nd season.
Overall : it was good a bit rushed in the last 3 episodes but I liked Yoshihiko's badass moments.
Dec 4, 2013 2:59 AM

Oct 2013
sooo badass,. i love how yukimura was wearing the school issue swimsuit throughout that whole battle.

2nd season better bring jubei back to life
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 15, 2014 4:20 PM

Jun 2012
Cheesy as fuck but titties doe.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Sep 3, 2010

215 by SuperAram »»
Mar 10, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 11 Discussion

MorningGlory - Dec 6, 2010

44 by MxS7HGS »»
Aug 25, 2023 8:26 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 10 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Dec 7, 2010

38 by MxS7HGS »»
Aug 25, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 9 Discussion

SoFarGone - Nov 29, 2010

43 by MxS7HGS »»
Aug 25, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 21, 2010

57 by MxS7HGS »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.