Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 19, 2010 2:30 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Both Jubei and Gisen died as a result of their battle.

Not the ending I was hoping for but it was kinda sad and for the best as I don't want to think how I'd feel if Jubei survived but lost the side that made me like her in the first.

Dec 19, 2010 6:27 PM
Dec 2009
It was a good fight.
Although the ending somewhat confused me. (Did everyone go their own way or remained with the main guy? Don't know watching them all fade away as the credits roll. >.<)

Maybe this calls for a second session?
Dec 19, 2010 7:16 PM
Jul 2018
Holy Fucking Shit, what a final battle . . . .
Dec 19, 2010 11:54 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, the ending battle was truly spectacular. I thought it was a good conclusion, although the ending was sort of ambiguous.

Poor Jubei... I'm not sure if there's going to be a second season because of her death, but I certainly hope so. It turned out to be a pretty good anime. (The anime series as a whole would have been so much better if all the episodes had the same quality of the last two though.)
Dec 20, 2010 3:00 AM

Sep 2010
Damn, they went for a sad ending. I only wish it could have lasted longer, but it was still great.
I enjoyed the character change in Yoshihiko.
Man, I really did enjoy this series.
Dec 20, 2010 3:16 AM

Feb 2010
a good final ep and not a cliche good ending makes it even better.
Dec 20, 2010 3:45 AM

Apr 2010
Ending was nice.
I thought it would be lame but it didn't turn out as such.
It was touching and enjoyable and the fight was awesome i really likes the black and white theme.
Speaking of themes the black dots and black scratches in this Anime where a nice change even tho some of them where for censorship.
The rest of the art was also very nice and different from usual and really made this Anime unique especially amongst the harem genre.
The story line was also different from what you would expect from a harem anime.
And i really enjoyed that.
Dec 20, 2010 4:10 AM

Aug 2010
The fight Jubei vs. Gisen me to DevilMayCry3, Dragon Ball Z and Bleach recalls. Make the fight, the story and the end of Hyakka Rouyran Girls Samurai it to my anime 2010th

Dec 20, 2010 6:56 AM

Oct 2009
The final battle was one of the only things that I enjoyed watching in this show xP
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Dec 20, 2010 7:51 AM
Jun 2008
eh, hmm....ahem..... no comment
Dec 20, 2010 8:10 AM

Jun 2009
Oh right, Jubei killed Gisen as Shiryu killed Shura. Poor Jubei.

The final was very fast, but it was not bad.

7/10
Dec 20, 2010 8:29 AM

Nov 2010
I didnt like the black and white part at the end but otherwise it was ok.

The censoring throughout bugged me a lot and I think when I watch it again on BR i will enjoy it a lot more.

Poor Jubei, I wish it hadnt ended like that and I hope there is a second season and she comes back at some point

Overall ok but I was hoping for some sort of a happy ending or atleast a clearer ending
Dec 20, 2010 9:00 AM

Sep 2010
I teared up a little twice, not at the ending though.
Good ending.
I am hoping for a second season where Jubei is reborn somehow :D
Dec 20, 2010 9:05 AM

Nov 2008
well the final was ok
Dec 20, 2010 11:34 AM

Jan 2009
Overall a mediocre show with a lackluster ending. Maybe more action and less drama queen moments early on might have made it more enticing.

Muneakira started off as decent male lead, but by the time the show was over I couldn't care less if he died or not. Hell, I'd rather he died and Jubei lived. He wasn't much after the first couple of episodes and soon fell into the useless harem male protagonist trash bin...

Only bright spot about the show is that they're going to start releasing the novel's in the US. Digitally first, so I have to brush off my Amazon account.
Dec 20, 2010 12:00 PM

Oct 2008
The ending didn't feel satisfying at all.

-Yoshihiko has an instant change of heart/personality and everyone else in turn forgives/forgets all of the really evil things he did. He also becomes a true general instantly even after everything we've seen of him points to that being impossible. Muneakira did not help this by acting subservient towards Yoshihiko even after finding out just how much of an evil bastard he is.

-They don't actually fight amasaki and instead fight gisan again. They've already fought her a few times earlier so i was hoping for a bit more than gisan + tentacles.

-stupid black & white part. Come on, we see she has two different colored eyes for about 5 seconds and then... black & white.

-jubei died. come on, she is like the best character in the show and she is the one who died... I watched until the end of credits hoping that she would fall out of the sky again like in the start and i really doubt i'm alone in that wish.
Dec 20, 2010 12:12 PM
Jan 2010
Nooo Jubei T_T

I wanted her to live, kinda sad how she said she wasn't gonna keep her promise.

Hopefully there is a second series, that shiny bright star at the end, could that be her? :)

I want Jubei back. :(
Dec 20, 2010 12:30 PM

Dec 2008
KillerYandere said:
Holy Fucking Shit, what a final battle . . . .

Yes, indeed!! That was such a bad ass battle!! I hate Jubei had to die in order to save Japan.
This turned out to be a really good ending. I was a bit iffy about this show at times, but this ending more than made up for it.
Dec 20, 2010 12:49 PM

Oct 2007
The ending to this felt a little like the ending to TTGL, hell they even had the black and white theme go on through the entire final battle.
Dec 20, 2010 1:22 PM

Aug 2010
Bat shit fucking insane final battle was awesome. The series really turned from good to great with this finale.
Dec 20, 2010 1:34 PM

Jul 2010
Man, Jubei died,I doubt if there is gonna be a season 2..........unless the author of this anime plans to resurrect her.
yeo
Dec 20, 2010 2:10 PM

Oct 2009
Shiba21 said:
Wow, the ending battle was truly spectacular. I thought it was a good conclusion, although the ending was sort of ambiguous.

Poor Jubei... I'm not sure if there's going to be a second season because of her death, but I certainly hope so. It turned out to be a pretty good anime. (The anime series as a whole would have been so much better if all the episodes had the same quality of the last two though.)

Agreed
Dec 20, 2010 2:15 PM

Sep 2009
jdexarch said:
That battle was epic. This series didn't disappoint, and can only hope for a second season

same here. I loved the final episode.

I was expecting Jubei to survive the battle and join Muneakira's harem, but good thing that it didn't, else it would of been too generic.

Well, you can pretty much bet that there will prob be a second season to this show.....It shows tits and asses and ecchiness....and why wouldn't it....Seikon no Qwaser got one cause of the people buying the blu'rays to watch tits and breast sucking in hd :))
Dec 20, 2010 4:29 PM

May 2009
Hehe, it felt like they were his pokemon for a moment there :D
And then they went from pokemon to DBZ lol

But i am sad for Jubei, i wish there was just a bit more to the story than a twinkling star.. but it wasn't much different from what i expected of this anime.
Overall, it was so-so.

But I'm still sad for Jubei :'( she was a sweet girl, to the very end.. I'm gonna miss her :')
Farewell Jubei~
Dec 20, 2010 6:16 PM

Nov 2010
Jubei pulled a Captain Falcon, that's the best way to go

other than Jubei being dead the end was fairly open, so i don't know about a second season
Dec 20, 2010 6:22 PM
Jul 2009
Loved it and this story, can't wait for BD of this too.
Dec 20, 2010 7:21 PM

Apr 2010
damn that was a good episode. everytime one got stronger the other would just one up them. an epic battle for an epic anime. this could have a second season or not. depends on how many people like it and buy their products.
Dec 20, 2010 7:57 PM

May 2008
Oh well unfortunately this last episode reminded me alot of Shakugan no Shana? ROFL oh well ill give it point for the special black and white effects even though i didnt really like it mch , its creative . i guess the last episode does improve my thoughts of this show but i have to say its still pretty cliche oh well

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 20, 2010 8:08 PM
Jul 2010
silverflame425 said:
damn that was a good episode. everytime one got stronger the other would just one up them. an epic battle for an epic anime. this could have a second season or not. depends on how many people like it and buy their products.

Well then buy the blu-rays when they get english subbed. (anybody know when thats gonna be anyway?)
Dec 20, 2010 9:03 PM

Nov 2009
Was i the only one that could not swallow the whole, "I am Jubei 2.0!" "what? You got another power up? Fine eat my power up!" and then the whole mirage of their feelings protecting her. That was a little cliche, and there was no real fighting but i will admit that it was pretty intense none the less.

They could of made this a not rushed ending by not stuffing everything in at the last minute as usual. (Fine 6/10)
Dec 20, 2010 9:27 PM

Aug 2010
That was a weird anything, I enjoyed the action but none of it really mad that much sense. I'm thinking there may be a second season because they never really defeated Amakusa just Gisen and from the first episode I got the impression they were all suppose to end up master samurai and I wonder if they kept their powers as well. Too many loose ends that didn't get tied up, so as an ending it sucked.
Dec 20, 2010 11:43 PM

Oct 2007
greenmush said:
Oh well unfortunately this last episode reminded me alot of Shakugan no Shana? ROFL oh well ill give it point for the special black and white effects even though i didnt really like it mch , its creative . i guess the last episode does improve my thoughts of this show but i have to say its still pretty cliche oh well

You're just saying that because Kugumiya Rie voices Yukimura ;)
Dec 21, 2010 12:05 AM

Apr 2009
Looks like they were lacking in money on their animation vudget near the end eh? Yes black and white looks cool, but really colour would be better.
Dec 21, 2010 1:43 AM

Sep 2010
The battle was awesome. I want more Jubei :(
Dec 21, 2010 1:45 AM
May 2008
OOM911 said:
silverflame425 said:

Well then buy the blu-rays when they get english subbed. (anybody know when thats gonna be anyway?)

Never, if anyone licenses this show it's gonna be Media Blasters and I'm guessing they don't do BR releases.

OShoranO said:
Looks like they were lacking in money on their animation vudget near the end eh? Yes black and white looks cool, but really colour would be better.

Yeah there was some pretty dodgy animation there towards the end. The budget was an issue for sure expect the DVD's to be different.
Dec 21, 2010 2:10 AM
Feb 2010
bskbob said:
a good final ep and not a cliche good ending makes it even better.

Yea, not to mention the black-white animation and unexpected scenes near the end.
Dec 21, 2010 7:07 AM

May 2010
My impressions are here http://wp.me/p12uiW-1OS
I'm looking for people who want to blog. If you have any interest please contact me.
Dec 21, 2010 7:42 AM

May 2010
how can I explain this ... the action is ... okay , good , Nothing bad and the lost of jubei and gisen is blah blah blah ... which I don't actually care .. so , 7/10 ?
Dec 21, 2010 8:01 AM

Jul 2010
Sad ending ;(

Fight scene was omfg epic
Dec 21, 2010 8:40 AM
Jul 2010
hmmm... I thought this had been licenced by Sentai Filmworks according to the wiki anyway... wonder if they do subs...

Oh well I'll just have to wait for a blu-ray with some subtitles...
Dec 21, 2010 11:01 AM

Apr 2009
ok my thoughts

final battle was great, would of been much better in color tho..

Losing Jubei i really did not like. but if you remember what Gisen said, they will be resurrected again. yes she did say in 100 years or so, but could the love and power of muneakira bring her back? and call for a second season? i mean at the end the star/ or light was shining like when he first met jubei am i right?

there is no manga to this anime only a novel i believe, which if someone could help me and would anyone know if it still has more to it, or where i can find it translated?

also if they are going for a second season they have to hurry it up because they have the new bill that will be active in july about the censorship and such about animes/manga qwasar is able to be produced because it will finish airing before july.
Dec 21, 2010 11:19 AM

Apr 2009
Is there even any material to do a second season?
Dec 21, 2010 1:03 PM

Aug 2009
Why couldn't the anime be more like the fight Gisen and Jubei had? That was great fight.
Dec 21, 2010 2:48 PM

Nov 2008
OMG WHAT AN EPIC FINAL BATTLE

Jubei died :/ well she wasn't supposed to exist in the first place. But geez, of all the characters, why her ; - ; well, we can see her again after a hundred years or so xDD

9/10 since the seiyuus were doing their best in that battle xD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 21, 2010 3:34 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
So it finally ends...

Dec 21, 2010 6:22 PM
Aug 2010
well i am ok with this ending the black and white was a bit monotonous but the fight was good and i am ok with jubei dying ...its not like she won't resurrect
Dec 21, 2010 7:32 PM

Jun 2008
Well I gotta admit....I didn't expect this kind of a finale.

I thought for sure she would win and stay alive.

Either way, it was an OK finale, at least it wasn't too predictable, but it feels very open ended.

6.5/10...I'll round it up to 7/10
Dec 21, 2010 9:25 PM

Apr 2009
Does anyone know where to get the novel? Or if there is room for another season?
Dec 21, 2010 11:07 PM

Dec 2010
It seems im the only one who dislikes each episode but continues to watch it anyway.....

Her death was abrupt and honestly looked like a half-assed idea... Gisen was utterly destroying Jubei as she had died once and even got backup force, which got broken in a matter of seconds.... To simply put, Gisen was too much for Jubei...So all of a suddenly Jubei wanted to protect Japan even though she claimed to not have given a crap (it's a fact, she said it a couple episodes back), and then somehow gains the power on her own to beat Gisen.. "by unleashing more power" when she could have used that for the battle rather than a final act of desperation.... What was happening before the fight was great, but everything turned to poop after it went black and white.... there was a lack of reminiscing of her passing, and it's like no one deeply cared about it.

This is the one anime where I would have liked the main fighter to have lived, because it would have lead to a sequel where the true form of Jubei could have more screen time not just fighting, but doing regular human activities.... If there was an anime where the main fighter should have died imo, it was Omamori Himari....
Dec 22, 2010 8:40 AM

Jun 2009
That was some nice Jubei vs Gisen fight, shame that they didn't have the money for coloring... yeah, kidding.

Also, gotta see first scene with Gisen uncsored.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Sep 3, 2010

215 by SuperAram »»
Mar 10, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 11 Discussion

MorningGlory - Dec 6, 2010

44 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 8:26 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 10 Discussion

Hannah_Ana - Dec 7, 2010

38 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 9 Discussion

SoFarGone - Nov 29, 2010

43 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Girls Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 21, 2010

57 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.