Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2010 7:03 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA AND LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

A surprisingly normal final episode, with nothing really terribly crazy happening.

I was surprised by the America twist, but it ended without much controversy or issues. I wonder how the online only episodes plan on continuing this.

Quite a bit of drama this episode, moreso during the second half of the episode. Poor kyousuke got beat up quite a bit this episode, but it all worked out in the end.

Lol at Kuroneko randomly posing in her maid neko costume xD

The dad also had a few funny "dere" moments in the episode, but what else was funny was Kyousuke's friend accidentally confessing that he loves "homo (aka boys love)" ero games, even though he was actually buying it for his little sister.

There was also a new ED theme this time around, which I think was sung by Kirino's seiyu. I'm not sure though.

Edit: Added a resctriction on the discussion of the light novels series. Should have done this so much sooner.
desolatoDec 20, 2010 7:52 AM

Dec 19, 2010 9:00 AM

Oct 2010
A really nice way to end this fantastic serie. even though it didnt end yet. A lot of great kirinos moments, and kuroneko also got some nice scenes xD
so i think the other eps will be the bad ones?
Dec 19, 2010 9:04 AM

Aug 2009
shuncchi said:
so i think the other eps will be the bad ones?

Well, I'm guessing that the other episodes will either be "bad", or will just take the story in a completely different direction.

Nobody really knows for sure though, because there hasn't been much (if any) info released about the contents of the online only episodes.

Dec 19, 2010 11:08 AM
Jun 2009
The Kuroneko at the end was just soo cute!! *-*
Dec 19, 2010 11:25 AM

Apr 2010
They are so close that they argue all the time :)
A fitting ending IMO.

5RE47IM5UT8G2
おREのIMおUTOG2
"ORE NO IMOUTO GA 2"?? We can only hope, don't we?
8thSinDec 19, 2010 12:04 PM
Dec 19, 2010 12:50 PM

Oct 2010
Little reminder of what this show caused in regards to the ban.
Ayase reactions were good towards Kyousuke, especially "See you again" but it's a "good bye" from Ayase instead. There is a Sharp brand reference although the name is not same it's close enough. Akagi part was brilliant! Kyousuke's reactions with his gay buy for his sister was great but the best of all is that the girls clapped him. ROFL! Hero of BL! Seriously Kirino is such a lucky bitch! Kyousuke stood 2 hours for her for that game. WTF seriously? Who the fuck would do such a thing?

This being said as of this episode, Kirino is so fucking terrible with her beat up of Kyousuke. Those bruises,

although non consistent since when Kyousuke goes out of his room he does not have them are brutal! From one slap to a second one! Followed by a kick that could have been worse in the solar plexus to 2 to 4 punches at least also possibly to land on the solar plexus but missed to a nasty head butt Let me also remind of how much blood Kleenexes are in that basket. In any case it was horrifying although what Kyousuke said was not right, I find she deserved for all the shit she put him through to just go to the USA and give him peace. Did anyone notice the attempt at details of Kirino's privates? Look closely in the spoiler for that line and tell me if stirs up your imagination,
That's not to mention more Kirino ass shaking.

The end was surprisingly nice, the mother looking at Kirino's work but of all things the father also peeking around? Quite surprising. If it was not for the stupid writings I would have made a perfect Kuroneko avatar but still fun to see new cute poses of her cat maid outfit, loved them. Giving this 10/10 due to Kirino mass appeal and Kuroneko but the other areas suffer less than 8/10 I would say. I know tl;dr but this the last episode so I wrote more and might be doing that for each last episode since leaving a impression is important. Wonder if this thread will have 1000 replies?
Yumekichi11Dec 19, 2010 12:58 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 19, 2010 1:25 PM

Jul 2009
This episode contains so many funny scenes, but also some brutal Kirino-Techniques against the poor Kyousuke. (I wouldn't mind getting hit by her though xD)
Homo-Eroge wwww

And random Kuroneko-neko-posing at the end, was surely the best scene for some people in this episode lol

I wonder how the alternative episodes will turn out to be. But i think they will be more interesting than the good ending. Let's hope it has acceptable Quality unlike Bakemonogatari..
Lelouch_XDec 19, 2010 1:31 PM

Dec 19, 2010 1:58 PM

Nov 2007
So the true ending will be Obama-onii-tan ending as expected. well nothing to complain. it was a good episode none the less. could have done more with Kuroneko. Anyways, I wonder how he came to the dining at the end without any facial bruise. he had heavy marks all over his face when he woke up. anyways, not worthy of picking small details. glad its over.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 19, 2010 2:58 PM
Oct 2010
Oh boy, I don't wanna imagine what those fujoshi in line for the homoge were thinking of Kyousuke and Kyouhei...

-shudder-
DunkmaruDec 19, 2010 3:49 PM
Dec 19, 2010 3:11 PM

Apr 2010
Kirino being a good girl, now that really is a cause for concern..

lol at Kyousuke's friend, and I thought he's just a one time appearance extra character.. and that homoge is just disturbing.. x_x

going to America was a surprise, but it did the job to set up the drama for this last episode..

so the male lead getting combo'ed at the last episode is the new trend.. after Tsukasa's epic combo in Amagami we got another from Kirino.. I feel sorry for the guys.. XD

Tsundere dad is still epic.. :D

OMIGOSH!! RURI!! unleashing that killer move at the end really made my day or rather my whole life.. and to think I'm getting depressed w/ the lack or Ruri earlier in the episode.. well this just proves further that Ruri is <3

and what's with Ruri's mysterious talk to Kirino that she won't be calling Kyousuke "nii-san" anymore, do I smell some RurixKyouske in the air.. damn, hope it is and it will be the one in the last 3 episodes.. Ruri definitely deserves that spot than Kirino..

All in all nice season for the series.. :)
tinman21Dec 19, 2010 10:58 PM
Dec 19, 2010 4:35 PM

Oct 2010
I'm reserving my overall opinion for the "true ending" BDs. As for this episode. Awful.
mousukoshiDec 19, 2010 5:27 PM
Dec 19, 2010 4:45 PM

Sep 2007
This is how the show should've been the whole time. Less retarded tsuntsuntsuntsun and drama that actually makes sense. They actually made Kirino watchable this time around. The first half of the episode was pretty damn lol. I'd rather the show ended on a more comedic note but I guess the whole climax of the episode was needed to solidify the relationship and Kirino's so called dere side. Thank god it didn't turn into a full blown incest end either. Here's hoping the true end doesn't turn that way either.

To think that there was someone else that's in an even worse position than Kyousuke. I feel for Akagi, having to be subjected to his own sister's lust for BL. Lol at Kyousuke's parents watching Kirino's anime and Kuroneko during the ending.

Show had a great concept but due to Kirino's constant excessive tsuntsun for most of the duration, I'll give it an 8/10.
Dec 19, 2010 4:52 PM

Oct 2009
Wow, this episode had a great, relaxed feeling to it. More, please!
Dec 19, 2010 5:17 PM

Jan 2009
Good gecko ending for once. It had a nice feeling all around; though I cringed at Kirino going all MMA on Kyousuke, it didn't feel as bad as some other things she did during the series. If there was a point where you could really say "she only needs a hug", it was then.

Can take it easy and wait for the alternate ending now...
Dec 19, 2010 5:17 PM

Oct 2009
A good ending to a great series, looking forward to the specials and hope they'll consider a second season. :D
Dec 19, 2010 5:19 PM

Jan 2009
I'm not sure how I would rate this anime, but for now, the whole experience has been enjoyable. The end was decent for what it was, though I would've preferred they spent less time on several of the anime aspects and more on plot development. I'm hoping the online episodes elaborate more on Kuroneko, especially how they hinted on her and Kyousuke's development this episode. :/

Overall, I was satisfied with it as a whole, so I'll give it a 10/10 for now, though I do believe the middle was a bit weak.
Dec 19, 2010 5:32 PM
Nov 2010
Well that's that, for the moment. Really hoping for heavy side character time in the extra episodes. More Saori please? /fangasm

Anyway...

Kept it low key and traditional as far as its category is concerned. All in good fun, this episode delivered a nice casual close. Little bumpy toward the end, though.

Kirino retained her newly found attitude and feelings for Kyosuke, which, in the beginning, seemed a little more awkward than the norm for our hero, and halfway through just seemed a little awkward over until the twist and clever placement of an eroge...

Being centered around the two mains, the others didn't get much screentime for the finale, Ruri getting but a few seconds, along with a hint of foreshadowing, and Saori only being heard over the phone. Nyoro~n... But, for all the Manami and Ayase peeps, they got a significantly noticeable amount by comparison. But Kyosukes friend... great laughs. You almost want to watch him say it just to watch the clapping afterwords.

Obviously, the big twist for those unfamiliar with the LN, however, like what the anime variant has done before, it went in another direction. If the life counseling isn't over, maybe there could be a season 2? Kinda want, kinda don't.

No Irony this time around, but we get, once again another new ED, and another pretty background.

Credits providing courtesy cat-ear maid Kuroneko was great for a quick grin before the end, and a quick shot of Saori just to get her into some portion of the episode.

I'd be generous and far too fanboyed and or biased to give Oreimo a 10/10, as it was far from perfect, looking at you episodes 6-8. However, I thoroughly enjoyed it otherwise. It was easy to follow, it was pretty, semi-relevant to the viewers(anime with partial focus on anime? Silly!), the voices were well matched up and the cast was colorful. Overall, for myself, 8/10.

Again, looking forward to the extras.
Dec 19, 2010 5:34 PM

Jul 2007
Bullshit ending from out of nowhere. America what? Thank god for Brosuke and all the amazing supporting characters that kept one of the worst tsundere characters ever from ruining it entirely.

6/10.

I bet the true end is going to suck too.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Dec 19, 2010 5:43 PM

Feb 2009
8th_Sin said:
A fitting ending IMO.

5RE47IM5UT8G2
おREのIMおUTOG2

Good pickup. I'm impressed.

Kuroneko at the end is definitely awesome.

Look forward to the true end. Wanna see how the story is going to be like.
I wish they have other routes, e.g. Ayase or Kuroneko one, as an OVA as well.
Dec 19, 2010 5:49 PM

Jan 2009
Hooray it's over...the ending wasn't all that special though but it was still pretty good. When that choice played for the eroge game I was like "Ah, the irony lol" anyways guess now thats over better start reading the manga. Giving this a 9/10, liked the whole premisis of the anime just hated that kirino was all tsundere.
Dec 19, 2010 5:49 PM

May 2009
I liked Kirino better (although beating Kyousuke up was harsh) and the episode had some really funny moments. A good ending imo. Looking forward to the specials.
Dec 19, 2010 5:58 PM

Apr 2008
I loved it, Kirino was very cute in this :D
Especially:

And when Kuroneko was posing I went "OMG SO CUTE" in my head XD

Dec 19, 2010 5:58 PM

Mar 2009
Kirino was overly cute in this episode. I honestly thought she was gonna hug Kyousuke when she head butted him but this in itself ended up being oddly cute too lol.

Dec 19, 2010 6:01 PM

Apr 2010
Right now... i can't help but to say... "WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?!"

It was a really nice ending... good show overall... but i still have a problem... and it is Kirino's drastic character change in episode 11... i don't accept it... so what i'm doing is making myself think that Kirino... changed in the matter of 12 episodes... and not just 2.

Best part probably in the whole show... was when Kyousuke still tell Kirino to get lost even after the Eroge hints him... i was like "FUCK YEAH! DON'T TAKE THAT BACK... SHOW HER THAT YOU'RE A MAN OF YOUR WORD!"... But then he ruined it by smiling all the way to school because he was happy that she didn't go to America... Pfff

I've got a brother and sister incident to tell you about...
My Elder sister and my Elder Brother were like super close... when one day my sister lashed out on My Bro because he was joking around with her... poking her and stuff... so my Brother obvously got angry... because he's done sooooooooo much for her... and then my sister told him to never talk to her again...

It has been 5 years since then and my sister wants to get him to talking again... but my brother won't... because of *read above*... and to be honest... i would do the same to her. My brother says "She can go fuck herself for all i can care, i stopped caring since *then*"
Dec 19, 2010 6:11 PM

Jul 2010
kirino was freaking annoying in this episode. I'm so glad this is over. Why did kyouske take all that crap she gave him and he got beat up by her. Yet, he didn't do a thing. Kirino should be grateful. here he goes and buys a game for her at midnight and has done so much other things for her yet she like kicks the crap out of him and he does absolutely nothing and takes it.

anyway overall 7/10. i expected it to go well at first and it seemed like it had a lot of potential but then it failed.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Dec 19, 2010 6:12 PM

Apr 2008
Eixy said:
Eixy said:
Kirino was overly cute in this episode. I honestly thought she was gonna hug Kyousuke when she head butted him but this in itself ended up being oddly cute too lol.

I thought they were going to hug but not at that point since Kyousuke said what he did, I knew she would do something like that then :P

Dec 19, 2010 6:13 PM
Jul 2008
I LOVE DERE KIRINO

Too excited to make a comment. Just, love, love everywhere.
Dec 19, 2010 6:15 PM

Apr 2010
That part in the line when they started about the gay part and after that those girls who started applauding them, the part was so incredibly funny.
I could not stop laughing.
Kirino showing her terrible side again beating up her brother.
Kuroneko dancing like a cat in the end was nice as well and that her little sisters where watching made it great.
And she was right that Kirino is pretty harsh on Kyousuke to send him to Akihabara to get a eroge at night.
And what could Kuroneko have implied with i wont be calling him nii-san again soon enough...

Overall this Anime wasn't bad.
If you take away the facts that Kirino is a model a novelist and a track running ace she actually makes for a pretty realistic sister even tho some people call that tsundere.
Kyousuke seems a bit to kind at times but that what also makes this Anime pretty good.
The ending wasn't bad but could have been better.
And i wonder if there will be a second season.
Dec 19, 2010 6:26 PM

Sep 2009
Even with the lack of plot, total randomness and Kirino [>.>]....the show as entertaining.
Good animation overall and a steady flow of great episodes.
8/10...maybe I am being too lenient?...oh well I rated Gundam 00 S1 10/10

totally looking forward to the extras.
Dec 19, 2010 6:31 PM

Nov 2008
I wanted Kirino to jump him but still this is a great ending. i thought that she would go anyways and for their relationship, it's still fuzzy on what their true feelings are.

I'll be waiting for the other route. I'm curious as to where it will lead.

I give this series an 8/10, there was not beach episode!
Dec 19, 2010 6:32 PM

Feb 2010
gahhh...

doesn't feels like a final episode...(since there are still 4 xD)

damn you ja*** for making us wait...

see you in 6 months kirino T_T
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 19, 2010 6:36 PM

Jun 2008
Let me get this straight....

She was going to leave to THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA to train for track and Field?!?!...HILARIOUS and idiotically preposterous.

This is just TOO PREDICTABLE of an ending....

However, I must admit that the final episodes were much better, and at the very least Kirino asked for forgiveness and she wasn't a complete BITCH.

6.5/10, I round it up to a 7, other than that KURONEKO was the real star of this show.
Dec 19, 2010 6:38 PM

Aug 2010
Was hoping for a more risque ending but hey itll come out on the dvd version >:D

And I was hoping to hear a "Onii-chan" or something but :(
Dec 19, 2010 6:42 PM

Aug 2009
Not too bad of an ending. The feeling I got from this episode was kind of an "Aw Look They Really Do Love Each Other" thing (NOT IN THAT WAY), which really could be applied to the series as a whole. I don't expect much from slice of life comedy other than some good laughs and memorable characters, and for that OreImo more or less delivered. My main gripe which I'm sure I share with a number of my fellow watchers was (almost ironically) the title character, but it was nice seeing her soften up towards the end. She still has a ways to go for sure, so let's hope the specials help with that.
Ha-cha!
Dec 19, 2010 6:44 PM

Apr 2010
Disappointing end. I was hoping something would happen after Kirino got her brother to play her incest eroge with her. Didn't deliver.

Dec 19, 2010 6:45 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
This being said as of this episode, Kirino is so fucking terrible with her beat up of Kyousuke. Those bruises,

although non consistent since when Kyousuke goes out of his room he does not have them are brutal! From one slap to a second one! Followed by a kick that could have been worse in the solar plexus to 2 to 4 punches at least also possibly to land on the solar plexus but missed to a nasty head butt Let me also remind of how much blood Kleenexes are in that basket. In any case it was horrifying although what Kyousuke said was not right, I find she deserved for all the shit she put him through to just go to the USA and give him peace.

I know, I'm kind of baffled by the whole thing. The beginning of the episode Kirino is still all deredere, then she goes back to her normal tsuntsun self? I mean, what the hell? Was she just faking all that time, or is she just two extremes thrown together? Either way, I don't like it. And all those bruises... I love how no one mentioned them. Mom and Dad are all chill because they just... disappeared. Lolwut?

Anyways, the beginning of this episode was pretty awesome. Kyousuke bumps into Kirino AND... nothing. No explosions. Yes! This is what we needed the whole time. I would have liked her character if she was chill like this throughout the whole series.

Next part with Kyousuke and his friend standing in the line was the best. I started laughing out loud and I'm sure my brother thought there was something wrong with me. XD

This episode definitely needed more Kuroneko. I loved her at the end posing in the mirror like a cat. Kawaii~! Kuroneko said she'd be "calling him something different soon enough." Boyfriend, perhaps? I hope so! ^_^
Dec 19, 2010 6:52 PM

Dec 2007
Lousy ending to a lousy series that had so much potential, only to flush all of it down the chute. Had its funny moments, but when the most likable character is the boring neighbour girl, you know how unlikable the rest of the cast is.
Dec 19, 2010 6:53 PM

Oct 2009
A nice satisfactory ending in my words. Not much to say rather than Kirino jumping to America out of nowhere...

8/10.
Series overall: 9/10

Dec 19, 2010 6:55 PM

Dec 2006
For me it was OK . . . xD

8th_Sin said:
A fitting ending IMO.

5RE47IM5UT8G2
おREのIMおUTOG2

o.o nice it's pretty awesome!, I hope it too!

Iilia said:
This episode definitely needed more Kuroneko. I loved her at the end posing in the mirror like a cat. Kawaii~! Kuroneko said she'd be "calling him something different soon enough." Boyfriend, perhaps? I hope so! ^_^

haha that's just what I thought *w*

Im really looking forward TRUE END I hope it to have more KuronekoXkyousuke x3!!
Dec 19, 2010 7:11 PM

Aug 2010
I'm happy with this ending. Kirino was so cute, and then there was Kurenko posing, fantastic!
Dec 19, 2010 7:13 PM

Aug 2010
It was a good episode and a good ending!

But i had hoped for them to get a little bit closer or atleast something.. like he could have hugged her and told her that he was glad she stayed. But overall a good ending :)

and i just loved Ruris cat poses at the end <3<3<3<3
Hey,Nana, do you remember our first encounter?

nee 、 nana ha 、 watashi tachi no saisho no deai oboe te?

ちょっと、ナナ、最初の出会いを覚えてますか?
Dec 19, 2010 7:23 PM

Oct 2009
Such a nice ending, both Kirino and Kuroneko were cute in this episode.
I'm so glad this did not become another incest. 9/10 Overall.
Dec 19, 2010 7:27 PM

Nov 2009
The America conflict coming up and being resolved in 3 minutes was lame. However, there was a lot of good parts that had no significance to kirino at all:
I loved Kuroneko saying "well i will be calling him something else soon" and her dancing XD
The midnight release part was enjoyable too.
(Good 7/10)
Dec 19, 2010 7:28 PM

Aug 2009
Going into this series, I was incredibly skeptical. I'm so glad I stuck around to see it all. I don't care if people think Kirino is a bitch, she made the show so much better.
Dec 19, 2010 7:29 PM

May 2009
Akagi part really hilarious and that fujoshi clapping :)

So this is "good end" Oreimo..

"True end" will follow LN IMO
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Dec 19, 2010 7:30 PM
Jul 2008
Finally the last episode of this anime. I am surprised that Kirino is planning to go to America and wants her brother to tell her not to go. I would have thought that Kyousuke would get the hint from the game she bought and tell her not to go, but his response some what surprises me. The ending to this anime is very enjoyable for me, hopefully there will be a sequel that will be good.
Dec 19, 2010 7:30 PM

Apr 2008
awesome ending xD

Dec 19, 2010 7:33 PM

Jun 2009
as a novel version reader...
Predictable ending...I knew it from beginning this anime version will end in this arc...
Dec 19, 2010 7:38 PM
Sep 2010
im not completely sure why, but i didnt like this episode. parts of it were funny, it just didnt do much for me. im looking forward to the alternate episodes tho
Dec 19, 2010 7:52 PM

May 2009
My favorite part had to be when Kyousuke bumped into Akagi at the midnight release. I was laughed so hard it hurt. Aside from that, Kuroneko FTW. Between the posing during the final credits, what she said to Kirino was priceless (and hopefully true). Kirino being unusually nice was strange though I can't fault her for getting upset that Kyousuke didn't tell her to stay given her feelings for him. That was a rather brutal (but funny) headbutt. Overall, the final episode was OK. Not without a bunch of faults (and uneasiness) but the series was one of the more entertaining ones this season.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Dec 5, 2010

265 by DevlanStewart »»
Apr 21, 1:56 AM

» oreimo korean dub

149cart - Mar 2

3 by truth999 »»
Mar 5, 6:58 PM

» -

Takata - Feb 19, 2011

1 by Mattenan »»
Feb 21, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 17, 2010

362 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Jan 28, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 9, 2010

263 by FapFipFop »»
Jan 11, 11:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.