Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 8, 2015 8:01 AM
Mar 2013
Miyoshi sure does complain a lot.
Mar 3, 2016 4:39 AM

Oct 2012
I still don't understand what the author is thinking about Miho and Saikou's relationship... Really don't xD
"Signature removed"
May 14, 2016 9:09 PM

May 2014
Yeah, this anime knows how to make me cry. Hittin me in the feels like that... Not even fair.
Nov 25, 2016 8:33 PM

Sep 2013
The romance of the MCs is kinda boring me. The whole premise of it is that nothing will happen for a long time. That's kind of hard to get excited about.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 23, 2017 3:50 AM

May 2016
Finally they talked it was enough for me I wonder when they get serialized.
Jul 7, 2017 5:18 PM

Apr 2015
Drgentile777 said:
I'm starting to feel disconnected from this anime because of that stupid relationship that's going on. I know it's part of the story but damn, it's completely illogical. Watch the same thing happen to them that happened to Saiko's uncle.

This is pretty much how I feel as I'm watching the series right now. Everything else about the show is engaging, but when it focuses on Mashiro and Miho, I feel so disinterested and open up some tabs. Actually, I'm in the middle of episode 13 at this very moment, and just had to take a short break because of just that.
Aug 10, 2017 11:20 PM

Dec 2015
Good episode. Nothing too crazy.
Dec 5, 2017 6:50 AM

Apr 2015
Moritaka and Akito had a bizarre glazed over look in their eyes while they ate. I imagine that while they were spending so much time working on the manga they were living off instant meals and coffee.

Come on, Moritaka, what are you doing? Make a little time to give Azuki your email address before she's gone!

"We need to win against Eiji and get first place in the questionnaires." Come on you overly determined forever alone virgin, you can take a few hours off from manga...

I feel like Akito and Miyoshi's relationship–being able to see each other–is the healthier one compared to Moritaka and Azuki's. I get that Moritaka is determined, but I fear he's going to overexert himself like his uncle just to try and get the girl he could easily have.

"I can't forgive you, but I was wrong to hit you." Lol no you weren't

"How long will you wait for me?" What kind of question is that? Thankfully Azuki didn't interpret it the same way I did: "How long can I stall this before you bang some other guy?"
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 25, 2018 3:36 AM

Feb 2018
Dayum She looks so ugly while faking to cry
Aug 14, 2019 9:01 AM
Apr 2016
Well, sure enough, they had to sort out their feelings before graduation. She's moving though, that's pretty unexpected.
Dec 6, 2019 9:29 PM

Mar 2015
Wow moving onto the next chapter in their young lives!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 18, 2020 8:08 PM

Jul 2013
This anime could be great, but this sorry excuse of a romance is dragging it down to a bottomless pit. There's no way they love each other enough to hold onto that silly promise for years to come. All they ever did was exchanging a few words and staring at one another. I've had a deeper relationship with a girl who were in my group project once. Even if the promise did come true, their marriage life would be shaky at best.
Apr 9, 2020 10:12 AM

May 2017
Honestly, Miho and Saiko and their whole 'relationship' annoy the shit out of me

Saiko just does generally tbh

I love Takagi and Miyoshi though! So I'll keep watching for them <3
Sep 28, 2020 1:22 PM

May 2018
Lol all of that waiting and running just to say 'how long are you willing to wait?' xD
Jan 8, 2021 7:05 AM

Jul 2017
Congrats to Mashiro, Takagi, Azuki and Miyoshi for all graduating from high school but it also means that Mashiro and Azuki will be separated from each other for the future for an undefined amount of time now that she'll be moving to Hachioji and the other three will be attending a high school together as Mashiro and Takagi would continue to focus on creating manga with more dedication than ever. It'll be tough for Azuki and Mashiro to be apart from each other but the fact that she said that she would wait forever to be with him along with just having a mentally strong character in general indicates that both of them will be fine apart from each other for now, as they look to achieve their dreams and be together forever from that point.
Jan 20, 2021 12:09 AM
Oct 2019
Miyoshi and Shuujin are cute together. The other "couple" is awful though. It's weird as fuck. They literally don't talk, text, email, or call each other on the phone. They're only 14 and taking this whole "marriage" thing way too far. It's 100% becoming a detriment to the overall story/show. I'm concerned it's only going to get worse, but HOPEFULLY now that she's moving away she won't be as big of a part of the story anymore.
Jan 27, 2021 4:26 AM
Jul 2018
At this point, I'm really just watching for Takagi and Miyoshi. 😂 I kind of see those two as the central characters and their relationship as the primary one, over Mashiro and Azuki's. Mashiro and Azuki are just being stubborn and bashful in the background while Takagi/Miyoshi's dynamic unfolds.

I didn't know there'd be strong romantic themes in this anime, and I actually only began watching with zero background knowledge except the fact that it was about the process of creating manga and the goal to succeed. So I guess I only began watching to see an anime about manga creation. I was pretty surprised that (up until this point) it ended up being about Mashiro and Azuki achieving their goals to get married. Again, though, I find myself the most entertained when Takagi and Miyoshi are hanging out. Although I think Miyoshi's concern for Azuki (and Mashiro, too) is a bit unrealistic.

Furthermore, I find myself having no sympathy for Azuki. She's too mysterious and bashful as a character. Not only does her dream of being a VA seem unrealistic, but it's uncharacteristic for a character like her. And it's frustrating, as VA's have to be outgoing and bombastic -- unafraid to risk being embarrassed to play the part and achieve a goal -- and Azuki isn't even trying to break out of her depressing little shell. Miyoshi said that she was Azuki's best friend since elementary school, but what a tiring relationship. There's no appeal to their bond, imo. Miyoshi should be getting sick of Azuki's straight face, quiet demeanor, and unwillingness to open up or talk. (Remember that episode where Miyoshi was at Azuki's house? Azuki's mother and sister were both so normal, and Miyoshi was light-hearted, but Azuki just kind of sat there like a loser.) Finally, I'm astounded that Azuki has received more Favorites on MAL than Miyoshi. Miyoshi-chan is carrying this entire show atm -- or at least during this arc. Except when she expresses concern over Azuki to the point of choking up...

But I really, really do like Takagi. He's a really unique anime character. Even those Mashiro is the MC/protagonist, I feel like Takagi puts on much more of a show. I know Takagi is technically equally protagonistic, but I think the series is trying to emphasize that the world sort of revolves around Mashiro, in a storytelling sense. And, yet again, Takagi has been receiving a lot more dialogue and is taking a lot more initiative. And he's far more appealing too. I wonder if that was intended. And I wonder why Takagi isn't the most Favorited character on the show. He's hilarious and endlessly kind. He's also the utmost patient character on the entire show. I have no idea how he tolerates Mashiro sometimes. I understand why they're friends, but Takagi just never gets irked by Mashiro's quirks. So far, he's a flawless character..... almost too perfect, hmmm...

It's endearing seeing Takagi acting more and more friendly towards Miyoshi. He was blunt and skeptical at first, but humored Miyoshi on a date last episode, and seems to have now accepted his role as a boyfriend. Albeit prioritizing manga over dating (and rightfully so), I'm surprised to see him giving Miyoshi the time of day, always willing to listen to her. Definitely a top-tier couple right there. Wonder how it will evolve in this 75-episode series...

removed-userJan 27, 2021 2:52 PM
Jul 1, 2021 4:07 PM

Jan 2020
Well, that's quite generous of Hattori if he's using his own money to treat them. I didn't think he was rich, so that treat must be a bad news for his money.

They finally graduated from middle school.....

`I'll wait forever` Yeah, let's see how that goes...
Sep 10, 2021 8:57 PM

Aug 2011
I really don't understand the ultimatum of having to get to your goal in order to be together. Like they could've at least texted each other and roote each other on instead of talking so cryptically thru their text books.
desu desu binches
Oct 12, 2021 3:34 PM

Dec 2007
so instead of hard work and progression we get this drama.

mashiro x miho probably the weirdest thing in the anime, never liked it.
especially the last moment in the episode, couldn't mashiro get little more than "can you wait for me?" something like, i don't know, "miho, i like you" or something like this, they are kinda "breaking up" in terms of cities and all he cares is his stupid promise.

kaya on the other hand i found much more likeable and interesting character, she developed well from almost non-side-character to main one.

and takagi is just awesome character.

from now begins the 2nd part of s1, never really liked the part 'till now, but the next arcs going to be intense!
Oct 16, 2022 10:36 AM

Jan 2020
Free food! Korean BBQ always looks so good.

And, once again, Miyoshi proves to be best girl, while Moritaka proves to be worst boi.

All this promise nonsense aside, looks like we're going to get to focus on some more manga creation. Here's hoping we see some more aspects of the creative process and publication of it all.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 5, 2023 1:54 PM

Dec 2020
Let's gooo not following in the mother's footsteps surely
Jun 7, 2023 7:34 AM

Dec 2022
Great episodeeee
Sep 3, 2023 9:36 AM
Jul 2017
decent ending to the ep
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jan 22, 2011

140 by M1kasaYu1 »»
Apr 14, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 26, 2011

93 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Feb 5, 2011

130 by Karva1 »»
Mar 26, 2:20 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kanade-chan - Dec 25, 2010

105 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

M0ni - Dec 4, 2010

139 by Karva1 »»
Mar 24, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.