Forum Settings
Forums

Japanese Prime Minister Concerned About Tokyo International Anime Fair

New
Dec 13, 2010 8:52 AM

Feb 2008
According to 47 News, Japanese Prime Minister Kan Naoto mentioned the boycott of Tokyo International Anime Fair (TAF) by manga publishers in the official blog and said "It's important to promote Japanese anime to the world as well as to maintain the education of children. I want the people involved to work together to avoid cancellation of TAF."

According to Jiji Tsushin, Torishima Kazuhiko, the senior managing director of Shueisha and the former editor of Dragon Ball, announced that Shueisha will not allow to exhibit anime related to their manga at TAF 2011. At the ceremony of Newface Manga Author Award, Torishima encouraged the winners to "create manga which can knock down Ishihara Shintaro (the governor of Tokyo)." Ibaraki Masahiko, the chief manager of the third editorial department, said "Don't hesitate in creation. Jump magazine will publish anything fun."

Sources: 47 News, Jiji Tsushin
dtshykDec 13, 2010 9:07 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 13, 2010 8:54 AM

May 2010
Now that what I say 'WOW'
Dec 13, 2010 8:57 AM

Mar 2010
Minna Fighto! well gud luck to the guys who'll be opposing this stupid regulation bill stuffs... hope they'll succeed... :)
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Dec 13, 2010 9:01 AM

Nov 2008
Keep fighting Naoto, the end is near and we need good people to fight to see that anime survives.

Dec 13, 2010 9:03 AM

Oct 2010
fight fight fight! fight for japan, and anime lovers that have swept worldwide! good luck to you over there! if i lived in Tokyo i would help out!

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Dec 13, 2010 9:04 AM

Jan 2008
dtshyk said:
Ibaraki Masahiko, the chief manager of the third editorial department, said "Don't hesitate in creation. Jump magazine will publish anything fun."

Anyone else who was reminded of Bakuman when reading this? :D
Dec 13, 2010 9:14 AM

Oct 2010
Well... its seems that with every day that passes...hobbies are getting scarcer and scarcer.
Dec 13, 2010 9:15 AM

Jul 2009
YES
FIGHTO!!!

Stop. Calm yourself. You're an idiot.
Dec 13, 2010 9:24 AM

Jan 2009
Well, basically PM says: "Stop being a pussies and participate in the TAF".
At least I understood it that way.
Sorry for grammar mistakes(if any), english is not my native language. Feel free to correct me if you see some.
Dec 13, 2010 9:34 AM

May 2009
He should've thought about that before the government passed that stupid new law. Heck, why they still accepted it, despite the massive protest is beyond me, but I guess international pressure and/or feigned morality matters more to them than a whole slew of mangaka and other artists whose livelihoods are now being endangered.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2010 9:44 AM

Nov 2008
AO968 said:
He should've thought about that before the government passed that stupid new law. Heck, why they still accepted it, despite the massive protest is beyond me, but I guess international pressure and/or feigned morality matters more to them than a whole slew of mangaka and other artists whose livelihoods are now being endangered.
He didn't make this law, it was the governor of Tokyo who thought up these laws, and he belongs to a different political party than the prime minister, and the party in question is the main opposition party to the government.

Think of the Japanese prime minister as a Democrat, with the governor of Tokyo being a Republican and you should have a good idea about what I am going on about.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Dec 13, 2010 9:49 AM

Nov 2007
It's getting more and more intriguing
Ultimately, there is a freedom to take the consequences (Terry Pratchett)

Dec 13, 2010 9:53 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, that is amazing.

Dec 13, 2010 9:53 AM

Oct 2008
Zhao_Yun said:
dtshyk said:
Ibaraki Masahiko, the chief manager of the third editorial department, said "Don't hesitate in creation. Jump magazine will publish anything fun."

Anyone else who was reminded of Bakuman when reading this? :D

Me for one.
Dec 13, 2010 9:54 AM

Nov 2008
well of course he should be
Dec 13, 2010 9:56 AM
Dec 2010
I mentioned this in the other thread. Aside Naoto Kan, other publishers/companies state they'll keep doing what they do regardless of what happens. It warms my heart to see people calmly fighting on this issue regardless.
Dec 13, 2010 9:58 AM

Jan 2010
Single digit approval ratings ain't got shit on him.

Let's do this
Ok™
Dec 13, 2010 10:00 AM

Jul 2008
This would certainly be heating up, considering that that same governor already accused the Prime Minister of "not being Japanese enough" and urged people to physically attack the PM if he did not stand at a recent military parade.
Dec 13, 2010 10:01 AM
Jul 2008
This boycott pleases me.

Also, Bakuman.
Dec 13, 2010 10:14 AM

Nov 2008
entropy13 said:
This would certainly be heating up, considering that that same governor already accused the Prime Minister of "not being Japanese enough" and urged people to physically attack the PM if he did not stand at a recent military parade.

That governor is worse than most of the US Right Wing and the Tea Party combined. What a disrespectful man, I don't care what nation you belong to there is always some respect that everyone should display to the ruler of your nation wither it's the prime minister, president, monarch, etc. You do not do or even think about conducting such shameful actions like trying to harm a prime minister of your country especially if you are a governor or any other politician.

Dec 13, 2010 10:17 AM
Sep 2009
i wonder what would happen to the japanese economy if all the otaku boycotted anime and manga all together???? bet u they gonna have to rethink the rules if every1 did that
"Boy, oh boy...The price of freedom is steep...Embrace your dreams...And...No matter what happens...Protect your honor...As SOLDIER! COME AND GET IT!!!"-Zack Fair-FF VII crisis core

Dec 13, 2010 10:24 AM

Jun 2009
dtshyk said:
"It's important to promote Japanese anime to the world as well as to maintain the education of children. I want the people involved to work together to avoid cancellation of TAF."
I just love this news.

Dec 13, 2010 10:25 AM

Nov 2008
chalao said:
i wonder what would happen to the japanese economy if all the otaku boycotted anime and manga all together???? bet u they gonna have to rethink the rules if every1 did that

If everyone boycotted anime, manga, and even video games (since they are affected as well), then the economy will simply crash. They are in an extended recession as of today and this bill will cause a depression.

Anime/Manga Bill = Depression

I don't think the politicians realize that this bill is essentially digging their own grave and burying it as well.

Dec 13, 2010 10:27 AM

Jul 2008
Taro Aso was so much better as the prime minister....he could have stopped all of this :D
Dec 13, 2010 10:35 AM

Nov 2008
HRisa said:
Taro Aso was so much better as the prime minister....he could have stopped all of this :D

I strongly agree with your statement.

Dec 13, 2010 10:35 AM

Nov 2010
fuckin Ishihara, if there was ever a person i wished untimely death upon, it's him
Dec 13, 2010 10:44 AM

Jul 2009
Where's Light when you need him?

Stop. Calm yourself. You're an idiot.
Dec 13, 2010 10:52 AM
Sep 2009
Hoppy said:
chalao said:

If everyone boycotted anime, manga, and even video games (since they are affected as well), then the economy will simply crash. They are in an extended recession as of today and this bill will cause a depression.

I don't think the politicians realize that this bill is essentially digging their own grave and burying it as well.

lol i think everyone should boycott for about a month or 2 and lets see how things go for their enconomy ehehe teach them a lessone or 2 to not mess with our otaku ways
"Boy, oh boy...The price of freedom is steep...Embrace your dreams...And...No matter what happens...Protect your honor...As SOLDIER! COME AND GET IT!!!"-Zack Fair-FF VII crisis core

Dec 13, 2010 10:52 AM

Jun 2008
HaremAllMighty said:
Where's Light when you need him?

Where is Lelouch when you need him? D:
Dec 13, 2010 10:54 AM
Sep 2009
Hoppy said:
chalao said:

idk if i posted this again(as i cant find it) but if everyone boycott for 1 month or 2 lets see how their economy gonna do teach them a lesson or 2 to stop messing around with our anime (what we watch).... also aint anime related stuff a big part of their GDP???? or am i wrong??

Dec 13, 2010 10:55 AM

Sep 2009
chalao said:

that will made it worse,

i somehow understand why otakus prefer microsoft xbox 360 to sony ps3
and why nowadays iphone became one of the most popular items over there...
Dec 13, 2010 11:01 AM

Sep 2010
at least we hear some good news comin out
that freakin bill should be stopped anyway XD
Dec 13, 2010 11:12 AM

Feb 2010
dtshyk said:

This basically translates to: "It's on bia***es!!"

And so the war begins.
Dec 13, 2010 11:13 AM

Oct 2010
Lelouch...we need your Geass!
Dec 13, 2010 11:16 AM

Sep 2008
Hopefully, some sort of compromise will be reached soon and both parties can have what they want i.e better regulation that is not vague or stupid.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Dec 13, 2010 11:19 AM
Sep 2010
Boycotting the anime industry is the wrong response and punishes the wrong people in this case.

You should *support* the anime industry more than ever - buy the titles that you like whatever they may be, let them know you still want them made...give them reason to keep fighting.

The anime industry is on the *good* side - not the bad - there is no reason to punish them, they need all the help they can get, right now especially.
Dec 13, 2010 11:19 AM

Mar 2009
one word,,, LOL,,, This is so amusing like hell,,, can wait to see what will be the outcome of this XD
i am going to be the i the one with the biggest manga pocket collgection

url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/enerjak&sclick=1][/url]
Dec 13, 2010 11:24 AM

Sep 2009
xrecks said:
Boycotting the anime industry is the wrong response and punishes the wrong people in this case.

You should *support* the anime industry more than ever - buy the titles that you like whatever they may be, let them know you still want them made...give them reason to keep fighting.

The anime industry is on the *good* side - not the bad - there is no reason to punish them, they need all the help they can get, right now especially.

it!!!
if you want to boycott you should do it with japanese electronics product...
In case you want to them to hear your voice:

Tokyo goverment adress: “koe@metro.tokyo.jp”

(i've searched it on their website in english)

remmerber to be polite, agressive spreech will make us look's "lower" on their eyes.

Edit: Merged posts. You can edit posts by clicking 'edit' at the bottom right of your post.
desolatoDec 13, 2010 11:38 AM
Dec 13, 2010 11:55 AM

Sep 2008
I think that they should more stricts about the clasification of the anime and don't ban the creative
Dec 13, 2010 12:15 PM

May 2009
Hoppy said:
entropy13 said:

That governor is worse than most of the US Right Wing and the Tea Party combined. What a disrespectful man, I don't care what nation you belong to there is always some respect that everyone should display to the ruler of your nation wither it's the prime minister, president, monarch, etc. You do not do or even think about conducting such shameful actions like trying to harm a prime minister of your country especially if you are a governor or any other politician.

That bugger's a bit of a "shock jock" to me. He's probably doing all this to get enough attention to stay in office

HRisa said:

LOL. If it affects Rozen Maiden he'll definitely do something to stop it
Dec 13, 2010 12:46 PM

May 2010
wow, how intense, base this in a manga
Dec 13, 2010 1:22 PM

Nov 2008
Kazeshini said:

With an anime adaptation as well, make it a shounen and add some secret police for filler enemies.

Dec 13, 2010 1:37 PM
Oct 2009
LOL, this is getting sad...fighto, anime fans! Fighto!
Dec 13, 2010 1:41 PM

Apr 2009
Hoppy said:
Kazeshini said:

With an anime adaptation as well, make it a shounen and add some secret police for filler enemies.

I would probably watch that. :o
Dec 13, 2010 1:46 PM

Nov 2010
Hoppy said:
Kazeshini said:

they'd make BILLIONS!
they want anime to be more reflective of reality, it doesn't get realer than that XD
Dec 13, 2010 1:46 PM

Nov 2010

Nah, it should be yaoi just to piss off the authors of the bill more.

I wonder if this law could pass in the United States. I know in the U.S. they were trying to pass a bill that would ban "crush videos" but the Supreme Court sided against it.

From what I've seen about this "Youth Healthy Development Ordinance", there's quite a number of people who oppose it.
Dec 13, 2010 2:03 PM

Nov 2008
Madcat_Zam said:

Nah, it should be yaoi just to piss off the authors of the bill more.

I wonder if this law could pass in the United States. I know in the U.S. they were trying to pass a bill that would ban "crush videos" but the Supreme Court sided against it.

From what I've seen about this "Youth Healthy Development Ordinance", there's quite a number of people who oppose it.

There's a chance but since a bill like this will affect political cartoons in the US and the Constitution in play, it wouldn't pass without severe alterations to the bill. Oh yeah and there will be 100x the rage since older people like to look at political cartoons and that's your main voting percentage in the US.

Dec 13, 2010 3:07 PM

Aug 2008
So Ishihara Shintaro, in addition to making daily racist lies against the Chinese and Koreans living in Japan, is now supporting this crap? Unbelievable, more reasons for me to hate this racist bigot. I can't believe the people of Tokyo keep reelecting this garbage.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Dec 13, 2010 3:21 PM

Nov 2010
guyklc said:
So Ishihara Shintaro, in addition to making daily racist lies against the Chinese and Koreans living in Japan, is now supporting this crap? Unbelievable, more reasons for me to hate this racist bigot. I can't believe the people of Tokyo keep reelecting this garbage.

hopefully this will be the last straw, and a new guy will start undoing all of this guys shit
Dec 13, 2010 4:59 PM

May 2008
bullshit im sure the Japanese will fight this i can't belive that this will actually happen dammn!, to think i started my love for Japan thanks to the anime they can't do this

FIGHTO JAPANESE ANIME FANS!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

1 by ZXEAN »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

22 by Piromysl »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.