Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 31, 2011 4:00 PM
Jun 2011
Very sad...I feel sad for Frederica the most...She only got to be with Yang for a year after being a fan for so long. Sucks!
Dec 20, 2011 7:21 AM
Feb 2011
kodial said:
Besides, it's crystal clear that Lohengramm will be so pissed that he will wipe the Terraists off the universe

I lol'd, but its true. Reinhard will be furious.

- Julian finding Yang and berserking on the Imperial-dressed Terraists was absolutely shocking, but so completely believable. He ripped up four of them before they had a chance to draw their blasters, and then continued to pound the skull of one particular man even though he was already dead. damn.

- Mrs. Yang's hope for how Yang should have died, his achievements forgotten by almost everyone, and he would die quietly in a chair reading a book as an old man, that hit me harder than her statement about not caring, but both were really emotional.

" We should get Mrs. Cazellnu to tell Frederica... At a time like this, men are too pathetic."
Dec 20, 2011 12:49 PM

Oct 2011
Guys, for those of you that have seen the rest, I gotta ask: is it only downhill from here? I'd rather leave while I still have fond opinions about the show. I mean... let's face it, Julian isn't protag material, especially in the afterglow of Yang. And I wasn't really interested in Lohengramm's struggles to begin with, nor am I interested in the Earth cult's ploy, whatever it may be.

Is it a good time to stop?
Dec 20, 2011 1:50 PM

Sep 2008
ideoidiom said:
Guys, for those of you that have seen the rest, I gotta ask: is it only downhill from here? I'd rather leave while I still have fond opinions about the show. I mean... let's face it, Julian isn't protag material, especially in the afterglow of Yang. And I wasn't really interested in Lohengramm's struggles to begin with, nor am I interested in the Earth cult's ploy, whatever it may be.

Is it a good time to stop?

While the fourth season has its flaws and haters, I see it as one huge finale to the whole story. The last episode is really good, and the show has one of my all time favorite endings, so I recommend you to watch the rest if only to see how it ends. There are some surprises and shocks left as well.
If the shock of his death is too much, just take a break and watch the prequel movies, if you haven't done so already, or watch something else until you're ready to watch it again. Thats what I did.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Dec 20, 2011 1:52 PM

Oct 2011
Good advice. I'll take it.
Jan 24, 2012 12:15 AM

Sep 2009
I think I might need to watch the prequel stuff too.
Those I haven't seen already, anyways.

Just so....heart wrenching.
What an acurate portral of grief and pain.
No typical anime bullshit about the protagonist slamming his or her fist into the wall and then sulking for countless episodes....
Feb 4, 2012 5:50 AM

May 2009
This episode made Yang's death real. My tears. ;__;

tainteddonut said:
Frederica's VA deserves some praise here. The scene where she confessed she couldn't care less as long as she had Yang was really well done.
As was the scene where she described how Yang should have died: In his old age, while quietly reading a book under the sun. *sob*
Feb 4, 2012 5:55 AM
Feb 2010
You know a series is godlike when they get you to cry over a charachter's death that you didn't even like. I was actually hoping for that scene for the first 80 episodes, but when it finally happened i found myself pretty sad over his death. Started to like Yang after that.
Feb 16, 2012 11:52 PM
Nov 2010
Yang dying of old age half-reading a book broke me...It was so sad and beautiful.
So depressing. And now to see how Reinhard reacts to this...
Feb 17, 2012 8:05 PM

Aug 2010
Confucius said:
Unlike you guys, I almost cried because they actually want to replace Yang with Julian. I mean cmon guys, REALLY? JULIAN??? e s

Those guys arguing with Dusty was right, Julian is no Reinhard. It's a crime to even have him in the same sentence as Reinhard-sama. Not only is his hair not long and blonde enough, he is also such a baby.

I rather they give the position to Merkatz (someone who I hate very very very VERY much and I want him dead, but since it has been 83 episodes, I doubt he will die)

Why do all of your posts make me cringe?
Feb 17, 2012 11:28 PM

Sep 2009
BasedSky said:
Confucius said:
Unlike you guys, I almost cried because they actually want to replace Yang with Julian. I mean cmon guys, REALLY? JULIAN??? e s

Those guys arguing with Dusty was right, Julian is no Reinhard. It's a crime to even have him in the same sentence as Reinhard-sama. Not only is his hair not long and blonde enough, he is also such a baby.

I rather they give the position to Merkatz (someone who I hate very very very VERY much and I want him dead, but since it has been 83 episodes, I doubt he will die)

Why do all of your posts make me cringe?

Because extreme bipartisanship is never fun for anyone.
Feb 24, 2012 7:20 AM
Aug 2010
Will I be able to watch this series without Yang?

Mar 3, 2012 4:19 AM

Jan 2008
It's a STORY people, with a cast of hundreds. How can anyone stop watching a story just because one character died!? Don't you want to know how the saga ends? Which side will win? Reinhard's fate?
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 3, 2012 7:20 AM

Oct 2008
Trance_Kuja90 said:
You know a series is godlike when they get you to cry over a charachter's death that you didn't even like. I was actually hoping for that scene for the first 80 episodes, but when it finally happened i found myself pretty sad over his death. Started to like Yang after that.

Can you explain why you disliked Yang?
Apr 24, 2012 8:01 PM
Apr 2011
This episode destroyed every last molecule of testosterone in my body.

I absolutely lost it when Cazellnu's voice cracked and he turned his face away to wipe a tear.

damn you Yang.
May 1, 2012 10:27 PM

Mar 2011
Holy Hannah, when Frederica lost it...that was a powerful scene. I love her.

This episode had my eyes watery. Great work.
May 17, 2012 12:47 PM

Feb 2012
If (i.e. when) I ever watch this series again, I'm going to look at Murai very differently. He's played a necessary but thankless role as Yang's Chief of Staff all along, and I have to respect a man who's willing to draw ire upon himself for the greater good.

The variety of reactions to Yang's death was very wide, and each of them was believable. Grief is a bitch.
Jun 23, 2012 1:11 PM

Apr 2009
Frederica thought Yang would die like Don Corleone.
Jun 27, 2012 2:05 AM

Sep 2008
Renato said:

lol
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jul 8, 2012 1:39 AM

Feb 2011
Felt a bit more emotional for Yang's death in this episode, just because of everyone's realistic reactions. Murai is a true soldier of democracy, man what a trooper.
Jul 17, 2012 12:20 PM
Jun 2011
I didn't cry, but the way his death came so suddenly was shocking. I was quiet for almost the rest of the day after seeing his death and the fallout from it. Witnessing Julian now replacing him, I don't see how they will have a chance at beating the Empire. Without Yang it doesn't feel like it will be possible, at least not in my eyes.

I have to admit, for most of the series so far I've been hoping that Kaiser Reinhard will take over the universe. Now it feels like I've rooted for the loss of a family member.
May 12, 2013 6:07 PM

Aug 2012
God damn it all.. I go about my day after watching this, and whenever I start thinking about it I feel as heavy as a stone. Literally saying "Yang Wenli is dead" stirs me too much, and I wasn't even attached to him as much as Lohengramm.

The way the series pulls this off, nothing short of magnificent.
Aug 6, 2013 12:05 AM

Jun 2013
Without Yang, everything's falling apart, what's next?
Aug 6, 2013 6:37 PM

Aug 2008
I just hope Frederica doesn't turn out to be pregnant, would be so cliche.

Sad though, Julian is a faint shadow compared to Yang, I never cared for Julian anyway and now his importance has grown.
Sep 26, 2013 5:59 PM

Nov 2009
Why did the Terraists leave behind evidence that they were indeed Terraists? Or did they do that on purpose for some larger scheme? Although honestly, it would be easier to manipulate the empire if they didn't know that the manipulators weren't still alive . . .

Anyways, this the part with Frederica almost made me cry. I feel terrible for her.

Hoping next episode they announce Yang's death (or it gets leaked) to the empire, I want to see just how pissed Reinhard will get . . . (Starting to get the feeling that Julian will actually unify the empire under democracy in the end, like their were two stars in history that lead way to the major star)
Oct 12, 2013 1:59 PM

Jul 2011
I want to see Reinhard's reaction. Someone, go tell the forces of the Empire.
Dec 17, 2013 12:19 PM

Jan 2013
In some I believe they were actually sent by Oberstein to assassinate Yang.
Btw , the are another 27 episodes left and ... without Yang ?
I also want to see Reinhard's reaction and what will he do about this..
Dec 23, 2013 10:46 PM

Jun 2013
Nightmare95 said:
In some I believe they were actually sent by Oberstein to assassinate Yang.
Btw , the are another 27 episodes left and ... without Yang ?
I also want to see Reinhard's reaction and what will he do about this..

Actually, Oberstein had nothing to do with the assassination. He only merely contemplated about it before. Instead, the assassination was carried out by Terraists under the orders of Archbishop De Villier.
Jan 15, 2014 7:55 AM

Sep 2013
Wait a second, did they all just forget everything about the negotiations just because Yang was killed by Terraists? The Empire had nothing to do with it, so there is no reason to why they should not make peace.
Jan 15, 2014 8:32 AM

Sep 2012
Vikutasutamiru said:
Wait a second, did they all just forget everything about the negotiations just because Yang was killed by Terraists? The Empire had nothing to do with it, so there is no reason to why they should not make peace.

They didn't.Its just that negotiations were started because NO one was able to beat yang.After the loss of yang FPA doesn't stand a chance against Empire.Empire now can go and crush remaining rebels easily so why negotiation.
Feb 7, 2014 2:37 AM
Feb 2011
Renato said:
I was thinking the exact same thing. I broke down with Frederica. I still can't believe that Yang is no more and Julian's stepping into his shoes. It must suck for those politicians to be told off by a boy decades their junior. I have a newfound respect for Murai, too. It's not easy to do one right thing when your only reward is a bad reputation.
Apr 13, 2014 2:09 AM

Sep 2008
Fuck, that was depressing. :(
Apr 24, 2014 3:08 PM

Mar 2013
Baman said:
I have yet to see any other anime portray grief this realistic. The varied reactions were all brilliantly portrayed and seemed much more real than the usual melodrama grief you see in other series.

At this point I'm not surprised, I expect mastery in every area by LOGH, and much like Yang Wenli it does not disappoint. Truly Flawless and should be the guidebook for anime that want true meaning and value in their contents. Generally grief is handled poorly in other anime, striking the right balance and atmosphere and weighing its realism and impact is incredibly hard. Notice how brilliantly it handles Frederica's grief. She initially handles it stoically eventhough you can tell she is devastated. Later on in the episode when she momentarily breaks down, you can't help but pull for her and feel her plight.
blue_hitomi said:
I think I shed more tears than for the previous episode; the reactions of everyone was so realistic (though sometimes suprising, for instance I would have never thought to see Cazernes crying). The choice of Frederica and Julian as political and military successors is logical if based on the hope that everyone will follow them for the sake of Yang memory. Murai's moral sacrifice is very admirable to drain the people would be deserters or traitors later on with him.
Can't wait to see Lohengramm reaction ; he has lost what whas maybe his only reason to live or at least to fight.

Comment is the perfect summation of most of our feelings after this episode. I'm sure we aren't the only ones that cried here more than the previous episode.

stAtic91 said:
Julian went berserk with rage; I never thought I'd see him like that.

I urged him on, never have I wanted him to explode like that. Even at expressing rage and frustration, no show can match LOGH.

stAtic91 said:
tainteddonut said:
The scene where she confessed she couldn't care less as long as she had Yang was really well done.

Yeah, that really made me tear up... In my opinion, it was the most depressing and sad moment so far in LoGH.

Yes this part is where the trickle of tears up till this point really got out of control on my part. I would expound more on this, but even thinking about it is painful.

Hakuromatsu said:
If (i.e. when) I ever watch this series again, I'm going to look at Murai very differently. He's played a necessary but thankless role as Yang's Chief of Staff all along, and I have to respect a man who's willing to draw ire upon himself for the greater good.

His sacrifice here is truly a testament to his integrity and character, and it does more to showcase that than anything he could have possibly done throughout the show.
SlickDApr 24, 2014 3:31 PM
May 18, 2014 2:08 AM

Apr 2013
I felt sad and empty last episode. This episode brought my sadness to the forefront and I became choked up and teary eyed at various points I am not ashamed to admit. Especially the part where Frederica finally broke down. This is the first time the death of a character has done that to me. What a great series you are LOGH, to get me this invested in a fictional character.
Jun 22, 2014 8:27 PM
Jul 2012
i-i couldn't masturbate the morning after watching this episode i was too depressed and it felt like it would be disrespectful to the memory of Yang. It was the most realistically, profoundly sad death in any anime i've ever seen. it was especially saddening that he couldn't really fend for himself because he was all groggy from the sleeping pill he'd taken, and that he died such a lonely death.
Jun 24, 2014 9:49 AM

Sep 2013
guyldouche said:
i-i couldn't masturbate the morning after watching this

Your sacrifices will be remembered.
Jun 26, 2014 1:07 AM

Jun 2009
Ahaha, that's one of weird compliments I've ever seen someone give a show.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 27, 2014 1:09 PM

Jan 2013
guyldouche said:
i-i couldn't masturbate the morning after watching this

I-I know that feeling bro ;__;
LoGH is best Brazzers material.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jun 30, 2014 10:47 PM

Sep 2011
This series has made me feel like someone just shot my dog.

These past 2 episodes were the long overdue episodes that pushed my 8/10 to a 9/10 finally. seriously its been on the borderline since.....kirchies death, its good to finally have something to push it up.....too bad it happened to be brought on by misery.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 9, 2014 10:59 AM

Nov 2013
Ugh, heart wrenching scenes. I thought it was too good to be true for Frederica to be taking it that well...

:(
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Aug 18, 2014 8:09 PM

Jun 2012
Even though I knew it was coming last episode, it still hit me hard...

This episode though. I lost count of the amount of times I teared up. Seeing the vision of "old Yang" in his chair just finished me off. Everyone's reactions and the reality of the situation is just so damn sad.

It won't be the same without Yang.
Nov 3, 2014 7:07 AM

Apr 2008
That was way more sadder and way more realistic than I expected. The after shock of his death really showed, especially on the ones who loved him most. Perfect episode. RIP Miracle Yang.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Nov 5, 2014 12:00 AM

Dec 2010
I now realize what the ED for this season was portraying...Such realistic emotions, and Frederica was the star in this ep for me...This series is too great.
I'm in a band! Check it here-
https://fanlink.to/tropicvibez
Nov 5, 2014 12:26 AM

May 2013
I really can't see how people like Reinhard more than Yang.
Nov 14, 2014 8:33 PM

Mar 2012
I wonder how Reinhard and the Empire will react to the news of Yang's death.

Pxi2 said:
I really can't see how people like Reinhard more than Yang.

That's like if I said that I really can't see how people like Yang more than Reinhard ಠ_ಠ Silly post is silly.
Jan 14, 2015 4:38 AM

Dec 2012

Mar 7, 2015 7:45 PM

Aug 2014
This episode of after-math was quite sad. I miss Yang more now. I miss Kircheis more though.
Mar 7, 2015 7:51 PM

May 2013
berserker15 said:
This episode of after-math was quite sad. I miss Yang more now. I miss Kircheis more though.

Nobody misses Jean Lapp. Feels bad.
Apr 9, 2015 8:44 PM

Sep 2014
drowning in tears rn
Apr 11, 2015 7:43 AM

Jun 2014
Yang Wenli died in such a peaceful way, too bad Julian couldn't get there in time.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

97 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 16, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Jun 1, 2008

73 by leyaf »»
Apr 13, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 27, 2008

89 by MewkiWay »»
Apr 12, 10:03 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tainteddonut - May 28, 2008

109 by ELuck42 »»
Apr 12, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Legend of the Galactic Heroes Episode 110 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jun 7, 2008

603 by bruh98hy89 »»
Apr 8, 8:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.