MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Sundome Chapter 76 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Sundome »» Sundome Chapter 76 Discussion

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Sundome Chapter 76 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

107 70.86%
4 out of 5: Liked it

29 19.21%
3 out of 5: It was OK

12 7.95%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.66%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 1.32%
Voters: 151

05-27-11, 3:05 PM

NLeee said:
So she did die right?

isnt it obvious?
She was bleeding heavily and was hospitalized. she did die.

05-27-11, 4:19 PM

isnt wasnt that obvious

i mean i was pretty sure it happen but wasnt sure

05-27-11, 7:50 PM

NLeee said:
isnt wasnt that obvious

i mean i was pretty sure it happen but wasnt sure

There were alot of Tells that basically gave it away that she had a terminal condition and was constantly bleeding and was in pain. But i know what you mean, it was hard to tell if she was dead in the last chapter.

06-17-11, 3:57 PM

I find it ironic that he got a girl that looks almost exactly like Sahana, with the only different being her mole and her tits.

Someone suggested that he wasn't having intercourse with her, but was just giving him a handjob in the flashback. If you look at the end of the scene, both of her hands are pinned back, so that'd be impossible. It was either a form of intercrural, or actual sex.

Of course if she actually had AIDS then he probably didn't have sex with her, but if she didn't then it's all up to interpretation. Personally, it looked like he had sex with her dead body after they both knew she wouldn't wake up. This could also explain his impotence with his new partner. After finally having a taste, but only one, of actual sex with Sahana, nothing could compare or do it for him.

Either way, it's a bittersweet story.

06-21-11, 4:29 PM

Wow I can see I'm amonst fellow fans here by the reaction you all have! This manga and Kurumi Shahana will always have a place in my heart. The sad end we all kind new was coming is very stark in this book anyone notice the plain black chapter dividers and when Hideo meets the Doctor in his car he says that she send her limited time with him to bring or disappoint bring him. I think when she said" when I wake up lets have sex" see didn't wake hence the end chapter Sundome. It makes my sad to think about it it must have been a bloody good story if it can make you feel like that mustn't it.

One thing I didn't understand when they were on the train going Kurumi looking out of the window for three panels but who is the woman saying she's back and why(how) can she smell Kurumi? What does it mean, is a reference to Kumuri been an alien perhaps after all that? It would be funny to think that with members of the Roman standing only feet away from her doing the human radar

06-21-11, 7:39 PM

slipinside said:
One thing I didn't understand when they were on the train going Kurumi looking out of the window for three panels but who is the woman saying she's back and why(how) can she smell Kurumi? What does it mean, is a reference to Kumuri been an alien perhaps after all that? It would be funny to think that with members of the Roman standing only feet away from her doing the human radar
The seemingly random people in that train scene supposedly denizens of the orphan home where Sahana came from. Or something of that sort. The mangaka didn't reveal much about her past after all, but it's probably better that way. It leaves a nicer memory of Sahana and ground for speculation.

06-24-11, 4:52 PM

I hate this manga... really. How shoud I fall asleep now (almost 2 a.m.). It was the saddest "happy" ending I've ever read and author didn't explain almost nothing about her past and illnes. Really! How could he!? But I agree with that...
mwp said:
It leaves a nicer memory of Sahana and ground for speculation.

It's true, it's sad but it was obviously his purpose..

Isn't it scary when you know what will happen and step by step, really slowly, you are near to "it" and when "it" happen you realize it after re-read cause you hope that she somehow survived. You're just hoping that you'll find something...

Well that's all. It was really awesome but even though i hate it. You probably know why :)

06-24-11, 7:29 PM

subby187 said:
outlawauron said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
*Obvious huge spoilers*

I got the last volume in the mail today and just finished it. I wonder what did everyone else think of the ending? I was afraid of a tragic ending as it seemed that's what they were leading into, but I enjoyed the happy ending (although it took a re-read to realize the time skip). Yay for endings that actually end things!

ive seen the raw copies of it and abit confused about everything, could you send me a message explaining the last chapter please? :D

From what I read, he took her to the seaside after escaping from the hospital with her and she died. Then they show later on where he is working as a resident in a hospital with the older guy/doctor from before. We see that he's married and apparently his wife has the same interests as Kurumi. It appears that her "ghost/spirit" is with him also.

If you read the last page, last row you will see:
Aiba: Hey
Kurumi (Ghost form - invisible): Yeah?
Aiba: On second thought
Aiba: About that golden shower...

07-08-11, 4:32 PM

FUCKING BITTER SWEET ENDINGS T_T PISS ME OFF.. Why Kurumi whyyy god damnit. I fucking hate/love shit like this. Fucking mangaka had to kill her T_T....The mangaka just HAD to end it like that... GOD DAMN. I was very surprised to see Hideo without that much emotion, like breaking down and just bawling his eyes out. I mean, this was the guy who cried at the slightest hint of Kurumi leaving him, and I didn't see that many emotions out of him

07-10-11, 11:40 AM

d4n13lr0x He changed what were you expecting, I agree with the decision of the mangaka but speculations will always be speculations, and for the sake of all the readers he need to reveal what really happened.

07-10-11, 6:09 PM

I just feel like crying right now. Such a bittersweet ending... Throughout the entire manga it was hinted at again and again that she had some terminal disease that would end up killing her, which only made me hope for a happy conclusion more. But this manga had to have a tragic ending, there was simply no other ending for it, in my opinion.

This is how I perceived the part at the shore. When they were sitting together in the boat and he asked her if she was sleepy and then said he could masturbate, she whispered in his ear "When I wake up, let's have sex.", and then she fell asleep and woke up again (or did she pass away then, I'm not sure). He definitely had sex with her because the huge "ギ" hiragana are sounds of the boat creaking, implying movement. She died either before or during the act since her body was positioned in the same way the whole time, even as he lay next to her and grabbed her hand, her fingers didn't close around his.

We never got to know much at all about Kurumi, but she did mention once that she didn't have any parents, even if she later told Aiba it was a joke. I guess that part on the train and the orphanage confirmed it. Damn, that only makes me more depressed - no parents and an incurable disease... However, in the end she was happy. Meeting and spending her limited time with Aiba.

The one thing I liked the most about this manga was probably the main character's growth as a person. Truly great.
Modified by stAtic91, 07-10-11, 6:15 PM

07-10-11, 6:11 PM

Yeah, Kurumi herself knew she didn't have much time left in this world. So, she decided she'd raise somebody else up to live their life for her.

07-18-11, 10:07 AM

Bittersweet...

08-01-11, 10:49 AM

outlawauron said:
The exact fate of Kurumi and who exactly Hideo ended up with isn't completely known. I read it the first time as him marrying Kurumi later. I suppose she may died which makes this have a super sad ending. I dunno, I may choose to live in ignorance on this one.

misaseh098 said:
dammit.... and i was sugar coating my mind, telling that the woman she's with is kurumi... this is why i sometimes hate forums... waaaaaaaaaaah~

Well, I tend to be against everyone so I agree with you both, the latter woman with aiba on the last pages REALLY LOOKS LIKE Sahana, but if you notice, there's nothing mentioning her dying or her being alive. I believe the ending was designed perfetly to one's imagination, she does move her fingers during all those 'moans' and 'moviment indicators', and why would Aiba be looking up and smiling if she would had died, he's a frigging cry-baby afterall; but at the same time, she was bloody sick, a cold (Aiba said so) night wouldn't be much revigorating, but miracles can happen as much as tragedies.. Also, that teasing look/sentence of the girl with adult Aiba kinda looked like Sahana, but again, Sahana never complained about 'piss drinking' and the woman did...
One said that when the old man told the hospital director that he would be in troulbe since she would die, why is that so? Do you think that if someone sneaked on your hospital and "kidnapped" a patient people would be happy with you?

08-01-11, 11:34 AM

slycopperr said:

She's dead.

Sahana is still there in his memories. Of course he can never forget her. That's why he brought up the golden shower.

Look at the mole on the new woman's face. She's a different person.

09-02-11, 5:32 AM

My two cents is as follow:

In the scene at the beach they didn't have sex, but she gave him a handjob. that's why while he was huffing, you could only see one of her hands. After he cummed her hand fell back down and she died. She whispered before "When I wake up, let's have sex." but she didn't wake up. I'm going to guess she had aids, and that's why she refused to have sex with him. He's also impotent because of this. I think his smiling there was because it flew over his head and he didn't want to believe it was true, especially with her words before.

Someone else also posted about a reference to the Movie Shutter. I'm glad someone explained it because I got scared and closed the video a minute in. Basically it's like she was sitting on his shoulder and grabbed his head for balance and his head is pulled that way.

The manga does talk a lot about spirits and ghosts so who are be to judge he's happy just because he can still feel her with him. Maybe he's even content knowing that she would want him to go on. she told him he can't go with her, so he's determined to live out his life for her. Also what the doctor said to him fits in there too.

The orphanage scene confirms her parents deaths.

So in the end she died, but we must be happy, if not for our own sake then for hers... Fuck off tears. God dammit... I saw this coming from a mile away, I got mad how it pushed this and practically gave it away at every turn. I saw it coming... and yet I'm still hit by it.

I would recommend Onani Master Kurosawa here. It's not as dark or "odd" but it's defiantly one you want to read if you're into what this pulled, character development, "odd" storyline, and just generally feels in the same line, though it's happier.

09-03-11, 6:25 AM

I'm still not sure if she's dead(and that's better I don't want to cry). But if that's true he should preserve her corpse and use it to jerk off, maybe use her for blowjobs or handjobs. I think she'd be happy if her dead body could make him happy(but that would be very creepy and disturbing ending). And after reading this manga I think I started liking golden showers xD

09-19-11, 10:03 AM

Y'know, I think the saddest part about this manga is that

09-21-11, 2:57 PM

I really wanted Kurumi to live. From volume 5 onwards it became more and more apparent that it wasn't gonna happen, but I kept reading in hope of a happy ending. She was such a cheerful girl who enjoyed life, and the fact that she died at such a young age after developing such deep love with Aiba and friendship with the rest of the club members makes it one of the saddest endings in manga for me.

On a lighter note, the manga some really good humor. I rarely laugh out loud when reading manga, but Sundome got a few out of me nearly every chapter. Whether it's Aiba's obsession with pee, a little brother asking innocent questions at the dinner table, or sticking your penis in your love interests mail slot; it was all good stuff. I'll definitely be re-reading this sometime, regardless of the bittersweet ending.

11-12-11, 7:06 PM

I really don't know how to feel about the Ending ... Its so sad that Sahana died but I there are phew things i dont understand. For example what did Hideo mean with 'When my head starts to hang ... if its tighten like this .. it feels like this part here's being pulled' (its one of the last pages) and also did they have sex? Did she die while they did it?

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices