MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Sundome Chapter 76 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Sundome »» Sundome Chapter 76 Discussion

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Sundome Chapter 76 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

107 70.86%
4 out of 5: Liked it

29 19.21%
3 out of 5: It was OK

12 7.95%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.66%
1 out of 5: Hated it

2 1.32%
Voters: 151

12-11-10, 12:49 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
*Obvious huge spoilers*

I got the last volume in the mail today and just finished it. I wonder what did everyone else think of the ending? I was afraid of a tragic ending as it seemed that's what they were leading into, but I enjoyed the happy ending (although it took a re-read to realize the time skip). Yay for endings that actually end things!

12-11-10, 12:22 PM

outlawauron said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
*Obvious huge spoilers*

I got the last volume in the mail today and just finished it. I wonder what did everyone else think of the ending? I was afraid of a tragic ending as it seemed that's what they were leading into, but I enjoyed the happy ending (although it took a re-read to realize the time skip). Yay for endings that actually end things!

ive seen the raw copies of it and abit confused about everything, could you send me a message explaining the last chapter please? :D

12-11-10, 2:27 PM

Well, wouldn't that be a bit out of context as your list says you dropped it. It's less than $10 on Amazon and has free shipping, not really a huge investment.

12-14-10, 1:29 PM

I just finished reading it. Such a great series. I was sad about the end as well. But saw it coming since volume 5.

What I love about the series is how much he changed. He's more confident now from when he was at the start. Watching their relationship grow was the best part of the manga. It's gonna be hard to find another romance/drama/comedy manga like this one.

01-04-11, 11:16 AM

What can I say, I loved Sundome! I finally got to read volume 8 from getting it at Borders yesterday, and it was well worth it. This is such a unique and beautiful story... it'll definitely be hard to come across somethings like this again. My favorite part was Hideo's growth throughout the series,and how Hideo's and Kurumi's relationship progressed, it was beautiful to watch. I was sad, but I still smiled on the way things turned out. :']

01-14-11, 1:41 PM

So Kurumi died during her trip with Hideo, and then a time skip occurs. Hideo keeps his promise of becoming a doctor to Kurumi. Hideo marries someone else while retaining his memories of Kurumi, indicated by the lines "thanks for still existing" (in his memories).

That was my interpretation of the ending; but who was the woman that Hideo married?

Anyway, a very enjoyable series albeit a bit long winded. 7-8/10
Dead Account
Please Delete

01-14-11, 5:31 PM

F*****G TEARFUL. Couldn't bring myself to sleep after reading that.

01-16-11, 5:33 AM

Man i couldnt sleep yesterday, i feel the emptyness in my heart righ now, while reading the 7th vol i knew what was coming, but i thought, nah that cant be at all, but why do i feel like this? like melancholy, man now i realized i love happy endings, maybe in a couple of days i ll be back to normal, poor hideo, he is acting like he is not broken in an emotional way, the girl you love the most is dead and all you could do before her death was jarking off above her, im not gonna read this kind of manga anymore, i just... dont like to feel this way, but i dont regret this manga, this kind of sick love, i love it till the bitter end.

01-16-11, 9:16 PM

Funny. I sympathize Hideo to the extent of taking it personally when people insult him (you know there's a lot of comments about how people want to punch that wimp in the face etc), though I don't think I would act the way he did in majority of situations. Also I've never been in love. And not to mention I'm not into watersports.
I'll say one thing about the ending - something just died inside of me. Well, it happened a lot throughout the series (humiliation, ntr-like stuff, classmates and parents being assholes), but damn... It doesn't help if you see this coming, not a bit.
jarking off above her

Didn't he actually nail her and come outside? Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to ask her if she's tired. Also he didn't use his hands.

01-18-11, 1:18 AM

Im somewhat confused with how i should feel about the ending.

I didnt feel sad, they went about her death in such a way that, it didnt feel like she died. im not even sure.

what confused me more was how it wasnt sad right after. I feel if that happened to me, i would have died of severe depression, losing someone that close. a sense of "how could you be happy" "how can you be with another girl"

it ended to well. to smoothly.

01-18-11, 1:28 PM

Something inside me died...

01-20-11, 9:33 AM

Well zuttono, if you read the chapter again, she said do you want to jerk off?, and maybe he asked if she´s tired because doing that movement to please hideo must be tiresome, sorry to disappoint you thou. And that metaphor after that scene, i could only imagine those were the ashes that he was throwing away, after she passed away, but if you ask me, i will have keep the ashes, because it means something special to me, i ll go and talk to her once in a while, and that maybe will comfort me somehow.

PD: Sorry for my english, im from cuba.

01-22-11, 7:25 PM

my thoughts

The ending is a bit confusing, but here is what I think happened.

If you notice between the panels of him in action there are flashbacks/his memories. When Kurumi whispered in his ear she said "Tomorrow when I wake up..." this is actually a memory. The reason I say that is because that statement is finished at the end of the scene when he's holding her, which is "Lets have sex". Yet he was having sex with her at night. He did this because she probably fell really ill and obviously wasn't going to make it to the morning. So I assume she was near death while he was doing her (he can be interpreted as crying here) and she died before he could finish (hence the title of the manga "Sundome"). It also fits in with her promise to him about sex (she knew she wasn't going to make it to the morning, so she was kind of telling him it was okay to do it and still not "letting" him do it.)

One could also assume she died before he started, but I choose to take the hand movements as an indicator of life...

Modified by singleturbo, 01-22-11, 7:31 PM

01-23-11, 10:27 PM

If you guys want something like this check out Ciguatera if you haven't already. This manga reminded me of it every step of the way.

01-24-11, 9:51 AM

for sure a unique story really enjoyed it the ending was a little bit confusing and very sad.

01-24-11, 11:03 PM

sad ...

01-25-11, 11:30 AM

Kurumster said:
If you guys want something like this check out Ciguatera if you haven't already. This manga reminded me of it every step of the way.
Exactly my thoughts. Same kind of humor, same bitter ending, except Ciguatera is more realistic.

02-04-11, 3:45 PM

I'm not sure I really understood the ending. But well, the manga was awesome, so I'm just gonna read it again and again until I do.

02-10-11, 4:46 PM

The exact fate of Kurumi and who exactly Hideo ended up with isn't completely known. I read it the first time as him marrying Kurumi later. I suppose she may died which makes this have a super sad ending. I dunno, I may choose to live in ignorance on this one.

02-25-11, 2:29 PM

The ending was a bit confusing, I would of preferred if it was a bit clearer.

The last couple of chapters were really sad. I expected it since the earlier volumes, but it still really got to me.

As for the growth of Hideo, I really liked that part of the manga. At times, sure; he was a bit wimpy, weak-willed, etc; but he really did come through in some situations. The fact that he became stronger and worked out every day proves to me that he really was growing a lot, especially compared to some of the other male characters in a series (kind of) like this. I really loved his growth, and the relationship between himself and Kurumi.

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices