Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
KATANAGATARI
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 11, 2010 3:38 PM

Aug 2008
Cherio! 10/10. Adding it to my top5.
Dec 11, 2010 3:47 PM

Mar 2010
Epic ending, as expected. Shichika owned faces, and the girl/(boy?) at the 10th sword was cute xD
The ep was a strong 10, the series itself 9
Dec 11, 2010 4:02 PM

Jul 2009
adding to top 5 indeed.
fucking awesome
Dec 11, 2010 4:38 PM

Dec 2007
the epic killing scenes were so great :O
I rewatched these scenes 4 times XD
Dec 11, 2010 5:08 PM

Nov 2009
Epic last episode !

The fighting scenes were epic and Togame death was sad but it made this episode even more epic than I could imagined.

Great show deserving at the very least 9/10
Dec 11, 2010 5:12 PM

Feb 2009
epic ending ^_^
loved the floor by floor fight
expecially the seitou hakari fight
"this thing is kind of useless"
"for now, try throwing it at me" i lmao

and shichika was awsome during those fights
well, time to rewatch it. kinda sad its over now
Dec 11, 2010 5:14 PM

Aug 2009
Perfect episode, excatly what i wanted to see, Shichika traveling around with that Princess making map, nice, wouldn't have raised score if Togame lived 10/10
Final Cherio was awesome :D
Dec 11, 2010 5:39 PM

Aug 2009
I really loved this last episode... it was a great ending... probably an unexpected one ... Shichika and the princess ... weird xD ... but if it works for him then... i don´t care xD ... all the swords fights where awesome..... and of course.... vs Emonzaemon... probably one of the greatest fights ever .... anyway... i loved this anime ...the best on my opinion of this whole year(and i watched lost of anime this year) ... 10/10
Dec 11, 2010 5:57 PM

Nov 2009
AceIII said:
Epic last episode !

The fighting scenes were epic and Togame death was sad but it made this episode even more epic than I could imagined.

Great show deserving at the very least 9/10

This. Wouldn't had said it better myself. Amazing series! Katanagatari will definitely be in my Top 5. Cherio! :)
Dec 11, 2010 6:00 PM

Sep 2009
Amazing. The ending really satisfied me. 10/10 for sure.
Dec 11, 2010 6:14 PM
Feb 2009
It's been a year already... cherio.
Dec 11, 2010 6:31 PM

May 2010
So Schichika traded Togame for Hitei...

This series gets a solid 10/10. It managed to surprise me somewhat.
Dec 11, 2010 6:45 PM
Jun 2009
Really great last episode up until the ending, I wanted to see him destroy that annoying Hitei not be traveling Japan with her. She the reason Togame is dead is Shichika really that dense? Really bought the episode down for me.
Dec 11, 2010 7:16 PM

Mar 2009
What do the words WOW AMAZING.. Mean to anyone? :D 10/10 :D Best of the year so far.
randywmorgan17Dec 11, 2010 7:20 PM
Dec 11, 2010 7:33 PM

Jul 2008
Darklight0303 said:
renjikuchiki1 said:
so.... Togame is dead huh? well..... there goes all those hours watching these episodes... honestly, this is such a load of bull..... it had promise at the start, but with an ending like that, i have to say this series gets a 1 on my list

FUnny. I would have dropped my score if Togame lived. Seems someone can't take a real ending.

automatic 10 for main character death... great ending... i liked the togame flashback before the emonzaimon (?) fight...

it was saddening to see her die, but it made the story alot better, im glad some authors have balls to kill off a main character...
Dec 11, 2010 8:15 PM

Apr 2008
It seems that I forgot to raise the score for a while.
Instant 10.

(Score was just low cause the episodes came out in such massive periods)
Dec 11, 2010 8:18 PM

Jun 2010
Just watching Shichika destroy the swords was worth the twelve month wait.
Dec 11, 2010 8:20 PM

May 2010
the 10th sword fight was hilarious! XD
overall, this episode was EPIC! luv it! katanagatari couldn't have ended in a better way.
Dec 11, 2010 8:26 PM

Apr 2007
Amazing last episode. There were a lot of surprises, especially Shichika and Hitei traveling together at the end. I never expected that to happen when I started watching this episode, but it works. Hitei even still has Emonzaemon's mask, aww.

Overall I really enjoyed this series. My favorite thing about it though would have to be the creative character design, just beautiful~
And once I get my new computer I'm re-watching it right away :3
Dec 11, 2010 9:09 PM

Jun 2007
Holy.... crap. this episode was just as perfect as shichika.

it was really sad seeing togame die, but.... really, i wouldnt think that japan would of had enough technology to save her anyways. it was really sad seeing her go though. and the whole mindfuck of her having shichika as a tool.... she fool'd us. i cannot describe how much i had liked togame, having her shown all throughout the 12 months, one really starts liking a character. having her killed off is just like a slap, but makes for a great plot. but the whole cherio thing was unexpected. togame <3
then seeing shichika go GAR on all the warriors and the swords because of his restrictions not being there. crazy thing. strong shichika is strong.all the fights were very comical, and kinda gruesome at times (Yay), but still... amazing

seitou hakari (10th sword) was hilarious. truly comical. then emonzaemo's fight was truly, best. epic. i was kind of speechless. it was too amazing. best of what i have seen in years. togame's flashback was really sentimental, and then the fight was pumping sort of. it was really crazy seeing shichika seem to dodge the bullets but then... getting hit on purpose. and then the whole exchange of blows, epic. him slipping, togame's hair, and shichika hachiretsu kai. then the whole mindblow with the original and false past, and then the epic cherio. amazing.

and then that cute epilogue with shichika and hitei.... when did hitei turn so cute? seriously.... she seemed so much cuter than before. and shichika... seemed less cute i guess? more like, more badass, but more restrained than when he went badass. i think since he met hitei, his desire to die was also destroyed. he also didn't look bad, meaning, he seemed kinda happy with hitei, in a way. oh well, i like the ending, and i didn't dislike hitei. rather, i kinda liked her. anyways, 10/10 for me.
Dec 11, 2010 9:17 PM

Jan 2008
Best last episode & ending i've seen for awhile now. 9/10

Dec 11, 2010 9:27 PM

Dec 2007
8/10

Would've given it 9, but I did not like the ending - and I do not mean Togame's death (though that's part of it), but the fact that Shichika lived, and - what's more important - him traveling with Hitei. To me, what was between Shichika and Togame was real, and pairing Shichika with Hitei in the end is like saying "Oh, but y'know... It doesn't really matter whom he travels with" - and that's what pisses me off the most about this episode. And the fact that Hitei irritated me for the most part.

If they had to kill Togame off, it would've been much better if Shichika died in the castle IMHO.

Besides, depressing - what do I care about Shichika going GAR, if all I notice in the scene is how he became a small, shattered fragment of his earlier self?

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Dec 11, 2010 9:59 PM

Jan 2009
good story ill give it a 8/10 if only the animation on the past fighting scenes have been as good as the last fight with emonzaemon then this series deserves a 10/10 for me but overall nice story and not lacking of explanations and it has a good conclusion too
Dec 11, 2010 10:12 PM

Aug 2008
Man that was a good episode. He totally used an action replay right there. 9/10 Great show!
Dec 11, 2010 10:38 PM

Jun 2009
I enjoyed this, a lil sad that it is all over now. Though there was a lot of talking, its was just a minor part that I was able to over look (at times) and still enjoy this series. Not sure how I feel about this ending. Has nothing to do with Togame dying.....just, I don't know, but I can say I didn't hate it.

Did enjoy the battles and how we changed into a badass when he got to the castle. And that fight with Emonzaemon was magnificent. And the super speed was great, especially the fact that he used it to make sure the bullets hit him. Laughed @ the 10th sword and 272 hit combo on the guy with the 7th sword.

Overall very enjoyable series, and enjoyed to art work to it. 9/10
Dec 11, 2010 10:41 PM

Aug 2008
So it's been a year. I liked the story and characters, and the humor really got amusing at times, and I had fun watching every episode. Anyways, what a bittersweet ending! Although I'm sure Shichika's fate wasn't so bleak as to having had died at a roadside in the middle of nowhere, not after all of what he was able to demonstrate.
So yea, I'll give this at least a 9 considering all the entertainment I got from it.
Dec 11, 2010 10:58 PM

Dec 2008
I don't even remember why they were searching for the swords anymore, and why did they want to kill the emperor again?
Dec 11, 2010 11:29 PM
Oct 2008
The Ending was perhaps the only moment I wasnt annoyed at the narrator

... After being disappointed so much by pretty much everything this year offered (that Ive watched) it was nice to watch something so good

... I wonder if that Katanagatari spin-off will be animated

Maniwagatari - http://myanimelist.net/manga/20983/Maniwagatari
Dec 11, 2010 11:38 PM

Mar 2009
7/10
Dec 11, 2010 11:38 PM

Oct 2010
Awesome last episode. Shichika Berserk mode is gar, even breaking Kanna, supposedly an unbreakable sword ^_^

Him ending up with Hitei wasn't as bad for me. I liked how she kept Emonzaemon's mask.

There's one thing that's bugging me though. What was Emonzaemon's relation to Houou?

All in all, this ep gets a 10 from me.
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
Dec 12, 2010 1:17 AM

Aug 2008
9/10. Possible 10 if Shichka had died, Togame death took less time and Emonzaemon's face was shown. Anyway this kind of ending was satisfying.
GuroFXDec 12, 2010 3:44 AM
Dec 12, 2010 1:48 AM

Nov 2007
9/10
Surprisingly, I really liked the ending. I`m usually more of an everyone-dies ending kind of person but Shichika traveling with Hitei seems appropriate.
And the battle with Emonzaemon was totally epic.
I really wish I could read the novels and Maniwagatari, but I doubt they`ll ever be translated. \:
Dec 12, 2010 2:06 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Maurox said:
8/10

Would've given it 9, but I did not like the ending - and I do not mean Togame's death (though that's part of it), but the fact that Shichika lived, and - what's more important - him traveling with Hitei. To me, what was between Shichika and Togame was real, and pairing Shichika with Hitei in the end is like saying "Oh, but y'know... It doesn't really matter whom he travels with" - and that's what pisses me off the most about this episode. And the fact that Hitei irritated me for the most part.

If they had to kill Togame off, it would've been much better if Shichika died in the castle IMHO.

Besides, depressing - what do I care about Shichika going GAR, if all I notice in the scene is how he became a small, shattered fragment of his earlier self?
This exactly how I feel. I gave it a 9 though since the entertainment value was through the roof.

GuroFX said:
9/10. Possible 10 if Shichka had died, Togame death took less time and Emonzaemon face was shown. Anyway this kind of ending was satisfying.
Yeah I was really hoping that Emonzaemon's face would be shown.

It was a great year. 9/10
p r o f i l e 👀
Dec 12, 2010 2:47 AM
Dec 2009
9/10

For the earlier episodes, i could have used longer fights and less blurred flashes. or in the 4th episode's case, a fight with Hakuhei.

in this episode, i loved Yoshimasa Hosoya's voice during Shichika's attack on the castle. the emotionless anger that i felt in his voice was just perfect, unitll his emotion's returned for the Cherio at the end.

as for traveling with Hitei, makes the ending better for me actually. that way he's not completely alone.
Dec 12, 2010 3:38 AM

Mar 2010
As I take a deep breath, and release it from my mouth. As I cry a single tear from my eye. My heart, body, and soul feel complete as I finish this incredible story of bloodshed, betrayal, and love. Katanagatari you will always have a place in my heart. ~ Katanagatari awarded ''Masterpiece'', Dec. 12, 2010 ~
There are literally no words in my mouth, or mind that could illustrate the dimensions of this brilliant masterpiece called ''Katanagatari''. It literally is frustrating to see this anime end with such nostalgic calibur. I'm sorry, however in the case of this show, my mind is at a loss for words. An amazing 12 months it has been on this rollercoaster of emotion, passion, and complexual incredibility. 10/10, and to be placed as one of my top 10 anime, indefinitely. I would like to thank this show for keeping my interest locked into place, and focused. They say a picture can bear 1000 words, and i'd like that picture to be a picture to be of ''Katanagatari's'' title. ''Katanagatari'' completed!
Dec 12, 2010 3:49 AM

Jan 2008
Epic End For Epic Anime. Cheerio!
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Dec 12, 2010 4:07 AM

Feb 2010
8/10 great show really enjoyed it.
Dec 12, 2010 4:33 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't like the fact that Togame died but everything what happened after her death was just f*cking epic. Great show, one of the better ones this year!

Cheerio!
Dec 12, 2010 4:33 AM

Apr 2010
9/10

Finished the entire series in two days, and now i've got work to finish.
Overall a great series, i would've preferred less dialogue and a more easy-to-understand story but the ending and overall plot was great.

One question - Why does Togame's eyes suddenly turn red-blue? They never explained it during the series did they?

Cheerio~!
Dec 12, 2010 5:13 AM

Jan 2010
EPIC!!
i love the twist at the end
man, this show is so breathtaking
definitely 10/10

renjikuchiki1 said:
so.... Togame is dead huh? well..... there goes all those hours watching these episodes... honestly, this is such a load of bull..... it had promise at the start, but with an ending like that, i have to say this series gets a 1 on my list

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
MasterTengkorakSep 16, 2015 4:31 PM
Dec 12, 2010 5:16 AM
Jun 2008
Kamina dead?? didn't know that =(
Dec 12, 2010 6:10 AM

Jan 2009
Everytime a new episode appear i had to recall what was really happening in the last, but oh well..

The ending was great, so great that i can't even express it with words (which makes me happy despite the fact that someone i started to like had died).
But overall i gave it a 9/10. Might do a rewatch if i feel like to though
Dec 12, 2010 6:29 AM

Nov 2009
Shichika vs Emonzaemon was one of the most epic fights in anime. I havent watched anything close to this fight recently.
Dec 12, 2010 6:33 AM

Sep 2008
I'm not gonna lie and be critical about how it ends, but this episode surely is the best way to end this amazing series. Very entertaining. I wouldn't go as far as to say that this goes into my top 10 favorite anime ever, but I'm pretty sure it is one of the best this year.

8/10, only because some of the earlier episodes are a bit weak. But a great anime nonetheless.
Dec 12, 2010 6:41 AM

Apr 2009
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude, duuuuuuuuuude....CHEEERIOOOO

I think this is the best "final episode" of the year, I'll give to this episode 5/5 and to Katanagatari 8/10 because some episodes weren't that good.
Dec 12, 2010 6:57 AM

Nov 2009
Wow absolutely amazing finale, seriously when I watched the end of episode 11, I could never have imagined anything as conclusive as this happening. I adored Togame so it was such a shame she had to die but it gave the series a bittersweet ending with vengeance being served.

I give the series up to episode 11 an 8/10 and the last episode 11/10 so the series is overall a 9 for me and has certainly been worth my time despite feeling a bit iffy about it in the first few episodes.

Kinda sad the journey is over now.
Dec 12, 2010 7:38 AM

Apr 2010
I knew Togame was pretty much gone since ep 11, I bet we all knew that. Again, like with most major character deaths it took far too long for her to actually DIE, but that's part of the business.

I knew Shichika was going to open a can of GAR on the castle but when he blasted Tomoe Akatsuki's left chest off it was pretty shocking. He'd opened a whole freakin' carton. The battle against Saraba Kousha/Seitou Hakari was hilarious, and it was nice to see that at least the "useless" blade was the one that kept it's user alive.

What we had suspicions of came true, Princess Hitei was denying herself, actually liked Togame, was a goody goody, etc.

Final Epic Cherio Nuclear Strike.

All in all I think the ep wrapped thing up nicely, the epilogue with Shichika and Hitei realizing Togame's dream was pretty touching as well.

For those who bash the epilogue, in the castle it's pretty clear Hitei was a "Good" person the whole time, her wish contradicted her ancestors' and Emonzaemon died for her wish (that the current shogunate be destroyed, and history to correct itself). Hitei hasn't forgotten Emonzaemon at all either, the fact she wears his mask proves that and I like to think she cut her hair similar to Togame as a symbol of the friendship they couldn't actually have, as well as the fact she'd teased/complimented Togame about the new haircut before (Ep 8 - "It suits you so well!" and "You look ten? No, twenty years younger!"). Shichika and Hitei simply did the human thing, they moved on with life keeping their cherished memories.

A well tied up ending, deserved the 10 I gave it.

CHEEEEEEEEEEEERIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Dec 12, 2010 7:49 AM

Jul 2009
I don't think it's possible to give this anime a 10 from my perspective. It was really great, but a lot of things were left extensively vague and/or unclear.

Shichika's sudden change from herpderp to fuckwin doesn't really make logical sense either. He was the same goofy guy until the end of episode 11, there was very little progression with him. Togame's death albeit shocking, felt rushed, and the dialogue she had before she died sounded less like a dying wish and more like a gag.

And the hell you ladies talkin' bout - Hitei was a bad person the entire time. I understand she wanted to unfuck history but let's be a little more realistic - she technically killed the entire Maniwani Squad, Togame, and made Emonzaemon die for her own selfish desires. The way they ended the series with her filling in Togame's place made me unhappy.
Dec 12, 2010 7:51 AM

Sep 2009
12 MINUTE DEATH SCENE WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Dec 12, 2010 8:04 AM

Nov 2007
This 12 month journey finally came to a rest and what an end it was. Definitely one of my favourites this year. While I think they could have done a much better job dropping a few subtle hints about Togame's true self, I still think it worked out well in the end. The whole weight of the ending didn't strike me hard until the narrator delivered the epilogue. That was top class narration right there, coupled with how lovely and suitable her voice was for such a role. Major props to the narrator and cast, especially Shichika's VA this episode. I even grew a soft spot for the Maniwani despite being the cannon fodder they were till the very end. I'm not so sure what else to say other than the overall presentation, story, art, animation and music made Katanagatari a wonderful ride, definitely one of my favourites of the year. I also really liked how Take's illustrations keep getting incorporated into the episodes one way or another.

P.S. Shichika vs Hakari's new owner was possibly the funniest moment in the whole series.

CHEEEEEEEEEEEERIOOO! !
KantarouDec 12, 2010 8:08 AM
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» END SPOILERS - I’ve Never Witnessed Such Epic Implosion

deaf_amish_guy - Jun 6, 2020

10 by Nesquikscope »»
Mar 31, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 8, 2010

180 by ariharan_ars »»
Feb 3, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hana-kei - Apr 16, 2010

419 by watsym »»
Aug 13, 2023 10:05 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2010

333 by Dumb »»
Jul 30, 2023 5:55 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

bautrey37 - May 23, 2010

163 by Aldones »»
Feb 18, 2023 7:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.