MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Ten Major Manga Publishers To Boycott Tokyo International Anime Fair [Topic Replaced]
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Ten Major Manga Publishers To Boycott Tokyo International Anime Fair [Topic Replaced]

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
12-09-10, 9:34 PM

Topic renamed. The original topic "Anime & Manga Regulation Bill To Pass The Assembly" was denied by DPJ assemblyman.
According to Jiji Tsushin, ten major manga publishers announced that they will boycott Tokyo International Anime Fair 2011 (TAF 2011) and asked the anime production companies not to display anime based on the publishers' manga at TAF. Governor Ishihara stated in the press conference that "I don't care. Do boycott as you like."

Members of Comic 10 Union
Shueisha (Shonen Jump)
Kodansha (Shonen Magazine)
Shogakukan (Shonen Sunday)
Akita Shoten (Shonen Champion)
Kadokawa Shoten (Shonen Ace)
Shonen Gahosha (Young King Ours)
Hakusensha (Hana to Yume, Young Animal)
Futabasha (Manga Town)
Shinchosha (Comic Bunch)
LEED (Comic Ran)

The vote on the anime and manga regulation bill will be held on December 15th. Whether the bill will pass the assembly depends on the decision of the ruling party, Democratic Party of Japan (DPJ). Mass media reported that DPJ decided to approve the bill, but Kurishita Zenko, one of the DPJ assemblymen, revealed that half of DPJ assemblymen are still opposing to the bill.

The bill excludes novels and live action materials from the scope of the regulation. At the general affairs committee held on December 9th, the counselor Asakawa explained the reason that "Self regulation is properly done in the live action industry. As for novels, the impression varies from person to person. On the other hand, the interpretations of manga and anime are uniform no matter who reads or watches them."

Sources: Jiji Tsushin, Kurishita Zenko's tweet, Togetter, Taguchi's tweet, Governor's press conference
Related topics: Kadokawa Shoten To Boycott Tokyo International Anime Fair
Modified by dtshyk, 12-10-10, 6:01 AM

12-09-10, 9:36 PM

I heard this was coming back, but I didn't want to believe it.

LEAVE. BRITTANY. ALONE.

12-09-10, 9:37 PM

Interesting, well lets see how this plays out
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler: http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO

12-09-10, 9:50 PM

zansabarshadow said:

true, becuase I'm sure the industry is going to have more than just a few people boycotting events as its only comeback...

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫

12-09-10, 9:54 PM

Nothing good ever comes out of these

12-09-10, 9:54 PM

ahh why wont they just kill this zombie of a bill and cremate it this is going to do alot of damage to the industry and will hurt all of us

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already

12-09-10, 10:17 PM

who knows exactly how anyone interprets a story? subjectivity itself is subjective.

12-09-10, 10:40 PM

Welcome to the world of politics.

12-09-10, 10:58 PM

Neverarine said:
zansabarshadow said:

true, because I'm sure the industry is going to have more than just a few people boycotting events as its only comeback...

True, the hardcore Otaku won't stay silent either...Akiba is gonna wreck havoc XD
MAYBE...

EDIT:
dtshyk said:
This topic is suspended!
Kurishita Zenko, one of the assemblymen belonging to Democratic Party, denied the reports of mass media and revealed that half of DPJ assemblymen are still opposing to the bill.

Wait, what??
woot! We still has hope?
Modified by SithNoKami, 12-09-10, 11:32 PM

12-09-10, 11:02 PM

hahaha no more Loli's

12-09-10, 11:07 PM

Well, I'm not sad about this.
Sorry for grammar mistakes(if any), english is not my native language. Feel free to correct me if you see some.

12-09-10, 11:34 PM

News topic renamed
Previous title: Anime and Manga Regulation Bill To Pass The Assembly -> source denied
Current title: Ten Manga Publishers To Boycott TAF 2011
I guess someone is releasing false information to make the approval of the bill fait accompli. Information warfare going on.
Modified by dtshyk, 12-10-10, 3:01 AM

12-09-10, 11:39 PM

Dam Govts. are all the same..... ;_ ;

12-09-10, 11:48 PM

These things never pass..they've been trying to ban various things like this and internet related nonsense in various countries for years now and nothing ever passes.

It's hilarious how excited people get over this.
Ok™

12-09-10, 11:59 PM

Hahahahaha .... well that not good ..

12-10-10, 12:35 AM

Suspended?? you mean the news was fake?
I don't read back what I post on episode discussions. PM me instead :D
¬‿¬

12-10-10, 12:41 AM

wo Good News that its Suspended i want to watch Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt until the end i dont want that to be banned

12-10-10, 1:47 AM

Bill suspended YES!! NOW we can continue to have more BS and less of the sane stuff!! WOHOOO!!
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')

12-10-10, 2:26 AM

Score 1, more ppl to oppose the Bill (Fight the Power!)
I wonder how this will turn out.......
Modified by Koisola, 12-10-10, 2:33 AM
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

12-10-10, 2:27 AM

That's it!!! DON'T LET THE J-GOVERNMENT TAKE OVER OUR FUN!!!

gahh....
I don't read back what I post on episode discussions. PM me instead :D
¬‿¬

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices