New
Jun 2, 2008 1:57 PM

Jul 2007
KotoriFeb 17, 2009 5:20 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 3, 2008 1:25 AM

Sep 2007
Still having the same problems, with the newest beta... On start up it doesn't minimize and timer for torrents doesn't work (only after modifying time)
Jun 3, 2008 3:03 AM

Jul 2007
Jun 3, 2008 3:59 AM

Sep 2007
I use RinNatsume theme, but I tried it with Code Geass themme too and it didin't work.
Jun 3, 2008 6:54 AM

Sep 2007
An other strange thing o_O see screenshot:
Jun 3, 2008 7:00 AM

Jul 2007
That's because of the alternate name for xxxHolic: http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=3091&referer=malupdater

"xxxHOLiC second season"
"capo second season"

Jun 3, 2008 7:02 AM

Sep 2007
Oh... it's actually logical :D
Jun 3, 2008 7:12 AM

Jul 2007
I could discard entries with "second season" but then some anime would fail to be recognized.

The recognition rules are applied to everything in malu. Filenames are given a very extensive cleanup, DB names, alternates, and torrent names go through a smaller cleanup. They all go through the same selection filters to decide if they are a match or not, (media recognition to match a filename being played, searching for files in the pc to match anime in the list, and torrents)

There are 5 different levels of recognition, the first being a complete match, then it tries alternates, discards common useless words, and other methods to try and match the entries. Some will be mismatched and recognized wrongly, but the benefit is much higher than the loss by recognizing many more titles.
KotoriJun 3, 2008 7:16 AM
Jun 3, 2008 8:20 AM

Sep 2007
I understand :) It's not a big problem to discard it manually since it only happens once or twice :)
Jun 3, 2008 8:48 AM

Jul 2007
Uploaded a new beta with some fixes
Jun 3, 2008 12:38 PM

Jan 2008
Continuing from http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=27555

1, They are not grayed. Everything in red and black should be grayed after automatic check is disabled.

2. good :)

3. hm, yeah, was written not very clear, even for me now. I was thinking about filters and how they influence manual update, something like that by manual update you could use filters as well (independently of what is in your [watching, on hold, plan] lists). However, you have filters for exclusion for automatic update, and I was thinking about additional search added to your lists, when you define additional (OR) search by new search words. But I guess it is not really necessary.

4. ok

5. ok, clear, and it won't happen that something is missed if MALU is running 24*7 :)

6. Well better to miss it than to tell something in a format like in 3d one :)

7. ok

Some notes to colors.
If In "Check RSS for:" selected one category which is not selected in "Download/Notify": Make gray everything for this category. Those categories which are included in automatic update make in color (type), and all other entries (Anime Name etc) in gray.

NEW:

Is it intended so: not to show Torrent link for grayed episodes.

Buttons disappear, sometimes all of them:

Look at font and buttons:
Should be adjusted. Also Search TokyoTosho.

Should be deselected automatically, i guess, if you go from filter to list of downloaded and vice versa. (just doesn't look nice when both are selected)

How about functionality to move selection with down and up arrows and delete with Del button?

In System Settings the "Disable Torrents Tab" could be grouped with other tab swithch on/off options. Also I would list them in the same order as the tabs appear in MALU.

14. For me no automatic download is working. It just logs it and that's all. However it starts downloading if I double click a torrent. (If notification for new torrents is selected, it notifies, also there is no problem with adding it to log and adding to downloaded list).
Jun 3, 2008 1:47 PM

Jul 2007
1 - The entire box is disabled, notice the stuff inside the grey box.

3 - You mean searching torrents for anime that's not in your anime list?

8 - Having a hard time to understand this, but..
"If In "Check RSS for:" selected one category which is not selected in "Download/Notify": Make gray everything for this category."

That's already the case. Basically, items in the RSS on top = completely enable/disable that category, where malu does not even download the RSS

9 - Yes. You can still manually download grey items though by double clicking on them

10 - That's weird, never happened to me. Your window colors and buttons in settings window look very odd, do you have any special settings in the windows theme, colors, caption bars etc? Also the text in maximize button is wrong, in my side it fits properly in the button.

11 -> 10

12.1 - Hmm they are different lists.. but ok.
You shouldn't set the timer to 1 minute, that makes 2 calls to tokyotosho per minute with your current settings. I will limit this in the final release so as not to get malu requests banned from TT.

12.2 - sounds good

13 - still undecided about how to regroup all the options (but will do)

14 - that's weird, it works for me, and it uses the same call as when you do it manualy. Could you further test this?

Would be nice if you could also test the option for "completed list"
Jun 3, 2008 1:50 PM

Jul 2007
Buttons disappear for me too, when I maximize torrent results and close that window.
Using windows vista in default windows classic mode (atm).
Jun 3, 2008 3:08 PM

Jan 2008
1. The box, yes. But not the colors. They shouldn't be black but gray to indicate visually that it is disabled.

3. Something like this but just by manual check, or check them automatically but not download.

8. Let's say I select for RSS Anime and Non-English and for automatic update Anime and Raw.
Type Anime and Raw are in colors (always). All Entries for Non English are in gray. Anime Name, Episode and Torrent Links for Anime ant Raw types become colored just when they are new (as it is now).

9. I know that I can download, but in column Torrent Link it is "----" instead of URL.

12.1. Yeah, I set it to 1 minute just temporally for testing and looking how the list is updated.

14. That's why I needed 1 minute setting :) Now works. Strange. Maybe I did las time something before the timer should have worked. Ok, let's close it for now.

Kotori said:

Would be nice if you could also test the option for "completed list"

You mean just to switch completed on. OK, will see if there is something new popping up. But I have a problem now:

(I do not recall if it worked already and I just ahve disabled this tab earlier.)

NEW:

It seems that minutes bar is still working even if the timer is disabled.

Not all torrents are always send to download.

There was once when just 3 were send from this list.

I can not understand which are marked as downloaded:
There are 10 of them, while in the list of torrents there are 11.

GDL-URAHARAJun 3, 2008 3:13 PM
Jun 3, 2008 3:16 PM

Jul 2007
new beta avail: stuff to check:

- See if timer for torrents works. It will now update every 15 seconds instead of per minute. Hovering the mouse over the bar will show the time left
- Buttons in the torrent tab, see if the text etc is placed correctly

From this version on, malu will automatically notify you when there is a new build.
Jun 3, 2008 3:26 PM

Jan 2008
buttons:

- maybe just to write time next to a bar (without hovering the mouse over)
Jun 3, 2008 3:56 PM

Jul 2007
GDL-URAHARA said:

1 - Done

3 - I made another app some time ago for this, maybe I'll work on it again after this release: http://www.techsuki.net/misc/index.py/bakatemp
The torrents engine in Malu is mostly designed to match your list episodes; making it a multi-purpose check thingie involves many changes. Maybe I will include the other tool as an extra window in Malu like the file rename tool etc..

8 - I'm really confused with this, I'm not sure what you mean. If in RSS only Anime and non-eng are enabled, there's no way the list could have raw or hentai, because the rss feeds aren't being downloaded. Maybe you can take a screenshot of the problem?

9 - It's done in purpose, makes it much easier to color the items grey

12.1 - Actually, if the auto downloads are enabled, clicking the manual check is the same as if the timer just finished. (but it's still good to check I guess)

14 - click Yes, it will take you to a MAL page where you can export your anime list, then you just extract it where it says. If you do this again, malu will always check for the most recent XML file and delete the older ones.

15 - Please check in the next build (sometime today)

16 - Does flashget catch the downloads? Might be a problem with it picking them too slow. uTorrents does fine on its own. Malu waits 50 milliseconds (0.050s) between launching torrent downloads

17 - this list holds both downloaded and discarded torrents. discarded = non-video extensions, mkv/avi discards, downloaded, torrents without extension, and others.
You should only look at the other list in the torrents tab for a clear view of the downloads.

18/19 - Do you have the corner mouse menu enabled? (option to have malu popup the menu/window when you move the mouse to a corner)

Jun 3, 2008 4:20 PM

Jan 2008
8. sorry, if it is not very clear, it is a suggestion.
And I should have written Anime, Raw in RSS. And Anime in download update. Then Anime (type) will be always colored indicating that this category in automatic download, while Raw type is alway in gray (when in automatic download mode) indicating that it is just in torrent links list but not in automatic download.

14. Ah, yeah, If I recall it correctly you told that there will be no automatic update.

16. I guess it is the case with FlashGet.

17. I think I counted it wrong. sorry. It is 10/10. EDIT: No, it is still wrong. Though not in 100 percent cases. I've had just now 12 in the torrent list and just 11 added to downloaded. (I do not understand what you mean)

18. yes.

19. (in 18/19) is this about buttons update?
GDL-URAHARAJun 3, 2008 4:39 PM
Jun 3, 2008 4:29 PM

Jul 2007
There was a "19" as a second log in your previous post before you edited

Do you have UAC enabled in Vista?
Jun 3, 2008 4:43 PM

Jan 2008
17. edited.

18/19. I do not know if it is enabled or not:

I've deactivated "corner call" will see if it happens again.

Completed list:
would bring it to one row

Other look fine for now. Don't know what you meant by slow, everything as usual (or do I have usually everything slow :) )

Don't like pop up message that the status is updated (in tray).

In settings, Disable Aero live thumbnail. In a discription it is not clear if it works in vista only or it could be disabled in vista only. (I guess it is working just in Vista, and if it is XP then it is even not enabled :) )

GDL-URAHARAJun 3, 2008 4:57 PM
Jun 3, 2008 5:04 PM

Jul 2007
Ahh you are not in Vista, that's just XP with a vista theme with windowblinds I guess, had me fooled :p

new beta up
Jun 3, 2008 5:20 PM

Jan 2008
yeah, and this close button is the one which I mentioned some time ago (appears when windowblinds is used)

50% of cases I click this close button first instead of green ticker.
Jun 3, 2008 5:28 PM

Jul 2007
There shouldn't be any button in that window up there
Jun 3, 2008 5:47 PM

Jan 2008
I guess this is windowblinds' bug :)
Jun 3, 2008 7:10 PM

Aug 2007
If you do a Manual Check of the torrents it will try to download again already downloaded torrent (those torrents were downloaded with the MALu auto-download feature on a previous manual check)
Needs to fix this sometime but I'm lazy - since 11/05/2009
Jun 3, 2008 7:49 PM

Jul 2007
were they downloaded with the same version?
Jun 3, 2008 9:04 PM

Jul 2007
How's the last beta, did it fix some problems like the buttons hiding etc?
Jun 3, 2008 9:06 PM

Jul 2007
GDL-URAHARA said:

Completed list:
would bring it to one row

Other look fine for now. Don't know what you meant by slow, everything as usual (or do I have usually everything slow :) )

Don't like pop up message that the status is updated (in tray).

In settings, Disable Aero live thumbnail. In a discription it is not clear if it works in vista only or it could be disabled in vista only. (I guess it is working just in Vista, and if it is XP then it is even not enabled :) )

1 row: that's already the case, you have some weird layout there with the fonts etc, maybe because of evil windowblinds

You can disable the status popups
Jun 3, 2008 10:32 PM

Jan 2008
evil, evil, ( nice looking evil http://www.jonie.snn.gr/images/bedazzled4.jpg )

- Pop ups doesn't bother, they appear just when doing screenshots

- currently buttons still disappear but just once - first time when you open torrents windwow over MALU. when go to other tab, return (everything restored) and opening maximized torrent window over MALU again (2nd time), closing it - the buttons are still there.
btw maximized button always stays.

- nothing is played here, but color still indicates it

- Maybe add an option, against which categories (on hold, watching, plan) the torrent check is made
GDL-URAHARAJun 3, 2008 11:00 PM
Jun 3, 2008 10:34 PM

Sep 2007
Just a comment : if the timer is set for 15 minutes, there shouldn't be a timmer setting option in setting windows :)
Jun 3, 2008 10:37 PM

Jan 2008
SunyiNyufi, what do you mean, I do not recall anything about 15 min, just that time count down is done every 15 seconds.
Jun 3, 2008 10:43 PM

Sep 2007
Aaaaaaaaaaaargh, okay, your right XD I guess the sickness effected my brain already, should go to the doctor...
Jun 3, 2008 11:32 PM

Jul 2007
GDL-URAHARA said:
evil, evil, ( nice looking evil http://www.jonie.snn.gr/images/bedazzled4.jpg )

1 - Pop ups doesn't bother, they appear just when doing screenshots

2 - currently buttons still disappear but just once - first time when you open torrents windwow over MALU. when go to other tab, return (everything restored) and opening maximized torrent window over MALU again (2nd time), closing it - the buttons are still there.
btw maximized button always stays.

3 - nothing is played here, but color still indicates it

4 - Maybe add an option, against which categories (on hold, watching, plan) the torrent check is made

1 - ?

2 - I think most of these problems are related to windowblinds

3 - It's suposed to be like that so you know which items you've played without updating.

4 - sounds good
Jun 3, 2008 11:42 PM

Jul 2007
Timer: it will be updated every second in the next beta. I usually start with minimal resources etc then check cpu/ram usage after adding a given feature. So far looks good:

Currently from beta:

Jun 3, 2008 11:56 PM

Jul 2007
More detailed:

Cpu: (scale is 0->100% from bottom to top)
- 1st big spike is when I logged in and populated 289 anime panels
- between 1st and 2nd I did a torrents check
- 2nd and 3rd big spikes was searching an episode for different anime
- 4th I relogged in (which happens every hour and checks if panels need to be updated)
- 5th loaded an advanced theme (kotori) which has an alpha shadow and transparent panels

Ram:
- 1st ~9 MB: startup
- 2n ~18 MB: adding 289 anime panels
- 3rd ~36 - >32 MB, anime search in the hard disk (~300 folders and a few thousand files)

Subsequent searches won't use more memory because the file paths are now cached in memory. Same with cpu usage for further searches, it will be pretty static.

Also, all of this depends on how many anime panels you have loaded, in my case 289 which is quite a lot. This version also includes a special exceptions tracker and debugger which adds quite a lot to the cpu/ram usage, so the normal release will use even less resources.

I think so far the resource usage is pretty good, in part because it doesn't use the shitty .net framework and is a normal native app instead.

KotoriJun 3, 2008 11:59 PM
Jun 4, 2008 7:59 AM

Aug 2007
Kotori said:
were they downloaded with the same version?

yup, now I downloaded malubeta again and tried but it doesn't do that anymore
Needs to fix this sometime but I'm lazy - since 11/05/2009
Jun 4, 2008 9:10 AM

Jan 2008
1. I thought that is what you told by "You can disable the status popups" you meant those info about fields popping up when hovering over the particular field (feature).

2. Wouldn't blame WB in everything. Here: WB is off:
Here the part of the window was covered by Torrents Window.
Happens as described just once after MALU start. Then if you restore everything (simplest - to go to other tab and back), and open Torrent window again - Nothing happens.

Maybe instead "search for" for categories to name it "Filter (RSS results) by entries in" (or something like this)

Nothing more to report yet.
Jun 4, 2008 2:04 PM

Jul 2007
That doesn't look like the torrents window though, if you notice in the ss, its tabs are in the correct place. I've tried this in XP and couldn't reproduce it.

Does this always happen?

Did you reboot or at least restart malu after turning WB off?
Jun 4, 2008 2:15 PM

Jan 2008
the torrent window was covering one third of MALU if you dvide it verticaly, from the left side.

yes, first time when you start MALU, and torrent window, then it works fine

nope, I didn't restart after disabling WB.
Jun 4, 2008 2:20 PM

Jul 2007
I wanted to try it in a XP virtual machine with windowblinds but it expired and cracks didn't work ;(
Jun 4, 2008 2:23 PM

Jul 2007
This is how it looks for me in XP/classic mode

Jun 5, 2008 4:10 AM

Jul 2007
New beta up. Special things I'd appreciate if you could test in this one:

- Check if the problems with previous betas are fixed
- Check different combinations of minimize on startup/x goes to tray/auto login etc, check if it hides in the tray properly, specially when malu starts up (do this both with non-theme and some themes)
- Check different combinations of window transparency and anime panels transparency, specially with these themes:
# No theme
# Kotori
# Rena
# Minamike
# Codegeass
# Kyonko v2 -> http://techsuki.net/Kyonko.malutheme
The new kyonko one has different different levels of transparency in the shadow
Alternate between them, also with no-theme a few times
- Move the window around and see if it fades out/in
- See if it takes too long to fade out when you close it, both in non-theme and themed mode. At least once with theme: Aria and once with: Rena
- Use Exit from the popup menu to exit malu, but do it by using the Corner Pop-up function
- Minimize/Restore malu, click elsewhere then back on malu/its taskbar, with this theme: Rena. See if there's any glitch
- If you have Vista, enable Aero and see if malu applies glass mode in non-theme mode on startup (only on startup)

k that's all :p themes engine has been completely rewritten, it should work much better and faster now and fix problems with transparent panels and themes with alpha blended shadows. Also upon theme changes with many anime panels (200-300) it should be several times faster.
Jun 5, 2008 4:41 AM

Jan 2008
New beta doesn't start properly. Application opens then closes but its process thread still hangs around.

Vista 32bit.
Jun 5, 2008 4:42 AM
Jun 5, 2008 4:43 AM

Jan 2008
No theme used...
Jun 5, 2008 4:47 AM

Jul 2007
can you try double clicking the tray icon?
Jun 5, 2008 4:51 AM

Jan 2008
Upon app start-up, tray icon appears and is grey, when move cursor over tray icon, it dissapears.
Jun 5, 2008 4:55 AM
Jun 5, 2008 5:01 AM

Jan 2008
Nup. I'm in an admin account as well.
Jun 5, 2008 5:15 AM

Jul 2007
Fixed, new beta uploaded.

nice avatar <3
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 2:05 PM

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 1:58 PM

Sticky: » [Bug reports / Help] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kotori - Feb 19, 2008

5259 by Bahamut_Zero »»
Sep 27, 2022 5:06 PM

» How Does This Thing Work And How Do I Set It Up

ahmed0112 - Jun 14, 2020

2 by Lion3MAL »»
Mar 14, 2022 6:52 PM

» Where is the "theme" folder located?

Legends_of_anime - Jan 13, 2021

1 by TimidSquid »»
Feb 3, 2021 9:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.