MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shiki Episode 19 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shiki »» Shiki Episode 19 Discussion

Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Shiki Episode 19 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

143 81.25%
4 out of 5: Liked it

27 15.34%
3 out of 5: It was OK

4 2.27%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 1.14%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 176

12-10-10, 1:14 PM

Megumi's still funny as hell.
Best quote of the day->''Chizuru was my bitch''.
I actually dunno if this was funny,nostalgic,sad,brutal,fabulous,hawt,ingenious or atmospheric.Maybe all of them.
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."

12-10-10, 1:29 PM

Oh, it's on, babeh! Can't wait until next week!

12-10-10, 2:10 PM

Orulyon said:
Pity for Sunako? maybe. But then if it was for that, i will dislike him even more, because he didnt feel any pity for humans and when his best friend needed his help he turned his back on him. Iam wrong?
Im still hoping he will at least redeem himself with Ozaki. Otherwise ill keep my opinion that he is indeed useless.

But thats only my opinion, and ofc, we all have different opinions...

Yeah, I've had enough of Seishin. He's done absolutely nothing throughout the show except give opinions on the situation. I can't believe he chose to side with Sunako instead of his best friend, Toshio. Like you, I am also hoping he will somehow redeem himself in these last few episodes.

lostinabook said:
There was that part towards the end of the episode where Sunako and Seishin were talking about Seishin's book and that the brother had killed in order to live. I think that statement was the "theme" of the episode, if not the whole series. The shiki kill humans in order to live, and now the humans are killing shiki so that they in turn won't be killed. Basically, it seems to be one big killing cycle that raises a lot of moral questions and obviously makes for an awesome storyline. :D

Didn't Sunako basically want to wipe out a village and replace all the once human villagers with Shiki villagers? That doesn't sound like killing to survive, that sounds like murdering for an ambition.

SerasAshley said:
Saygram said:
Nice ep. I'm just waiting until someone kills Megumi I will not be sorry for that.

But then who will slap Masao around? ^_^. I do so enjoy when she does that

Mmhmm. We definitely need someone to give him a good kick in the face every once in a while. "Let's run away together"? Lol, not on your life. Also, Sunako and Shimizu wear such awesome clothes. They really need to give Tatsumi some advice. These last two episodes he has not looked good at all. :P

The war starts. I can't wait. There's only 3 episodes left - is that really enough to finish this off well? I hope so. If not, I would love a second season, but I doubt we'll get one as it seems we'll have a rushed finish for this one. Anyways, it's an amazing show, and I'll miss it when it ends.

12-10-10, 2:24 PM

anyone who outlives Masao is a winner in my book XD

what is going on with Tatsumi's wardrobe, it's been so odd these last couple eps
that old guy and megumi's dad were total badasses in this one!

12-10-10, 3:04 PM

i realy hope Seishin gets killed... preferably in a by the doctor, in a violent way...
i want to see Akira again... whats he doin? chances are he's risen by now... O.o?
and did Kaori kill her dad?

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫

12-10-10, 3:10 PM

codename mushi-okuri xD

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku

12-10-10, 3:32 PM

shit got (more) real!
Ha-cha!

12-10-10, 3:53 PM

Wooooo go humans! Great episode.

gaga got OWNED.

I enjoyed seeing the many diff characters and how they are affected by this "purge"...

Ozaki is the MAN. The animators may be trying to get the message across that there's 2 sides to every coin... by drawing the villagers so severely... I don't feel sorry for the shiki though. at all.

How is this going to end?!

12-10-10, 4:24 PM

Loved it! But whats happened to akira - i miss him and his strange hair! I want him to be alive & human :)

12-10-10, 5:00 PM

This is going to be a 3 episode hunt. Awesome.

12-10-10, 6:03 PM

epic. this ep was full of win:
1. sunakos wicked cute dresses
2. annoying muroi is going to die
3. megumi is awesome as always. wished she was wearing a more badass outift tho
4. kaori doing the first useful thing she has this entire season
5. tatsumi's onesie!!!!

NEEDS MORE NATSUNO! where is he????
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

12-10-10, 6:54 PM

Great episode! Loved every second of it! (^_^) Ozaki is giving out pain! Just what the doctor ordered! Judging from the preview, we see Natsumi next week in a bit of a frantic scenario. Looking forward to the next!

12-10-10, 7:21 PM

As usual, great episode and Sunako's fashion sense always amaze me! She looks so cute!
I still can't believe that Kaori is still assuming that Megumi is gonna come and kill her but I doubt it on last week's episode.

And now, the hunt begins...

12-10-10, 7:47 PM

Considering Fuyumi Ono's degree is in Buddhist Studies, it would not surprise me one bit if Seishin is a bit of her own criticism of some of the core buddhists beliefs.

That said, yet another awesome episode. My favorite part was probably Megumi roundhouse kicking Masao in the face.
Currently blogging at Chocolate Syrupy Waffles

12-10-10, 7:47 PM

Sigh. People who hate Seishin clearly do not understand him. Too long to explain, but nice episode.

We finally start to see the "beast-like" side of the humans, to show that there isn't a single difference between the humans and the shikis.

So Seishin's siding with the Shiki is his choice. And form a neutral POV there is nothing wrong or loathsome about that.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

12-10-10, 8:21 PM

Neverarine said:
i realy hope Seishin gets killed... preferably in a by the doctor, in a violent way...
i want to see Akira again... whats he doin? chances are he's risen by now... O.o?
and did Kaori kill her dad?

I think Natsuno has him in hiding, maybe. That's how Tatsumi seems to have taken it, and he has a good reason to think that.

Seishin looks like he is on his deathbed as it is anyway, so he'll probably die one way or another, maybe. He doesn't appear to have any strength to fight back at least.

12-10-10, 8:22 PM

No logical, rational explanation of Seishin Muroi can ever explain his irrational, stupid behavior. Might as well divide by zero.

This is not "beast-like" behavior by humans. Not everyone are forced to kill shiki. In the shiki's case, they have to drink blood lest they die.

If you play Fallout: New Vegas, humans in this show are the NCR; the shiki are Caesar's Legion. Both have their faults (the NCR also have that Bitter Springs massacre) yet they're worlds better than Caesar's Legion.

12-10-10, 8:49 PM

So the war between shiki and humans have now begun. Chizuru death was kind of hard to watch and I'm not afraid to admit that I flinched a bit. I wonder what is Natsuno's role is in this war?
Uploader53

12-10-10, 9:17 PM

I feel like I must be one of the only people who actually like Seishin. I mean, if your a suicidal monk who's had a suckage life and a go with it type of personality, chances are if you meet a loli who can actually sympathize with you, you're gonna join her vampire brigade. :x

And I absolutely love Tatsumi's wardrobe. At first I was like WTH. And then I was like AAWWW YEAAAAAHHH! YEAH TATSUMIIII!

12-10-10, 9:51 PM

payback time you shiki bastards! finally, most of the village fights back. crazed mob mentality. poor Kaoru though .... after everything that poor girl has really lost it. as much as I hate Megumi, seeing her make fun of and beat up that creepy idiot was great.

I have to respect and like Ritsuko for being one of the few to not give in and sending that other nurse in there to be her victim? that's just cruel and there's no way she'd do that.

where is Natsuno though? he must plan something as I'm sure he's the only one who can really fight the other 2 werewolves.

I love that badass old guy and Ozaki though and I really really hate that cowardly monk. really? your a monk and you'll just sit back and do nothing but condone your village being slaughtered for "survival"? what about the survival of the innocents. I hope someone does kill him. what a pathetic character. I know they want you to feel some sympathy towards the shiki and him but I don't.

Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices