Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 9, 2010 10:07 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The battle begins!

Summary
tsubasaloverDec 11, 2010 12:23 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 9, 2010 12:41 PM

May 2007
HOLY SHIT XD My impression.
The war has officially begun!!
And it's funny to know that Tohru's dad is just as kind as his son. XD
Dec 9, 2010 12:53 PM

Nov 2008
The mansion got sacked and that priest is dying, I think Sunako did bite him and it was probably for the best, he deserves to die. Sunako's outfits were really adorable in this episode as well. Chizuru got both stoned and a stake in her heart, what a way to go.

Dec 9, 2010 12:58 PM

May 2007
I can't believe Seishin offered his blood to Tatsumi (at least, that's the impression I got while watching the raw). He's clearly NOT neutral!! I'm starting to dislike him more and more. If he dies, let's hope he comes back right in time for Toshio to stake the bastard.
Dec 9, 2010 1:02 PM
Jul 2010
Strange the subs didn't come out yet.
Dec 9, 2010 2:17 PM

May 2007
NorikoW said:
Strange the subs didn't come out yet.

FUNimation had problems with the video and will release it tomorrow.
Dec 9, 2010 2:22 PM

Nov 2009
I watched it RAW, didn't understand anything. It was sad watching the villagers killing like beasts. I almost cried ;_;.
Dec 9, 2010 3:26 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, they putted so many chapters into one ep ...
anyway, OMG, THIS WAS FUCKING AWESOME!
i mean i love the beard man (im gonna call him Santa claus, now;P), and geez, i cant stand the monk, did he did anything in this anime that gave him the right to be a main character?! no offense intended to the fans, but he was probably the more useless character of 2010.

- Felt sorry for Chizuru, but im still rooting for humans XD
- Loved Tatsumi´s legs XD
- Loved Sunako dress XD
- Hated they changed the outfit of Megumi. In the manga in that scene she had a gorgeous leopard sexy outfit.
- Loved the Shiki Hunt, its payback time!*evil laugh*
- Loved Kaori berserk moment XD

and hum... Tohru keeps crying part 30000. Kawai! but boring. I really feel sorry for Ritsuko ;_;

Cant wait for next ep, the preview looked awesome, specially Natsuno *.*

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 9, 2010 7:12 PM
Aug 2009
Tatsumi's one-piece hoodie is officially the craziest get-up I've seen in this Anime. It even one-upped Chizuru's dress made out of strips of red tape.

They crammed a LOT of chapters into this episode. Woah. They're definitely going to cover the rest of the series in 22 episodes now. Next episode contains stuff from Chapter 36, which is amazing considering that Chapter 37 only came out a week ago.
Dec 9, 2010 11:02 PM

Oct 2007
Jaymie said:
Tatsumi's one-piece hoodie is officially the craziest get-up I've seen in this Anime. It even one-upped Chizuru's dress made out of strips of red tape.

They crammed a LOT of chapters into this episode. Woah. They're definitely going to cover the rest of the series in 22 episodes now. Next episode contains stuff from Chapter 36, which is amazing considering that Chapter 37 only came out a week ago.

I don't get this. Aren't both the anime and manga derived from a novel? It makes sense then how the story in the anime will soon overtake the manga.

Dec 9, 2010 11:08 PM

Apr 2010
What even you do never become the target of a angry mob because you will regret it.
The war has started and people can't control there rage anymore and turned to violence.
I wonder who will still be alive next week amongst the main characters.

Poor Kaori going crazy of fear now her family is death and she has no one left to rely on i hope for her she will be safe somehow.
Megumi kicking Masoa in his face was great she should have done it faster that guy is seriously annoying.
Dec 9, 2010 11:41 PM

Nov 2009
Wow. Great episode.
The villagers are going nuts now that they accept the truth.
Dec 10, 2010 12:12 AM
Oct 2008
I was expecting some quick reaction from the shikis, but it looks like they are still recovering from the surprise. Nice work Ozaki!

Now there are several things that can go wrong. The shikis are going to hide in the forest and come back at night for sure and Tatsumi bite Seishin to increase his powers.

Also, Mr Kirshiki is after Ozaki and he has a sniper rifle...

Speculation:
I guess it might end with a final showdown between Ozaki and Seishin... It could be a very sad and very good ending!
Dec 10, 2010 12:31 AM

Jun 2010
Once again, Tatsumi's knowledge of fashion is showing, his one piece get-up is just amazing. Lady GaGa's been staked. Kaori's gone, understandably, crazy.

Ozaki and that old man with the wild beard are just the most awesome characters on this show, true men, true badasses. Not really sure what Seishin's aim is, does he simply want to die? By the hands of Ozaki? That's what I'm getting out of this, but someone please correct me if I misinterpreted. That human guy, I guess he's been helping the shiki because he loved Lady Gaga, which I guess is respectable.

Anyone d'aaww at Sunako's innocent sleeping face? She's just so adorable. If I got the chance to be with her I'd so
Dec 10, 2010 1:17 AM

Mar 2008
bring on the battle, but i dont want Sunako or Megumi to die hahhaha
No matter how many breaths that you took, you still couldn't breath.
Dec 10, 2010 1:19 AM

Jan 2010
Yeah , reverse Strategy .
Oozaki is Badass
the village turned into a bloody hell
Dec 10, 2010 1:45 AM

Feb 2008
I don't feel sorry for the vampires. They say that they kill to stay alive, while some of them clearly enjoy killing. The villagers are killing to stay alive, and they are not enjoying it.
Dec 10, 2010 1:45 AM

Feb 2009
I want more Shiki episodes!!!

I've never read Shiki manga nor novel. To me, the animators just rushed the episode, like, there could have been more.
And it seems like I was right, confirmed by some comments here.
< wish there'd be an extended version out haha >

BTW, it was a great episode.
I never expect Lady Gaga to die this easy and this soon. I thought there might be something up like the Shiki backup to come and rescue her, or maybe, they might tie her up and try to beat information out of her. BUT NO!!! She just got staked! wow

- Blue-haired mother holding her dead child was umm... pathetic.

- Ritsuko, after all this time, I begin to like her. I mean, as a human, she was like 'miss goodie' who was kind and compassionate and all, and that was boring. But as a Shiki, bearing her hunger not to suck her colleague, while other Shikis just give up on their hunger. That really made her different and kinda unique. I like it.

- I also like Tohru. However, seeing him, persuading Ritsuko to suck her friend... I was like 'Why so persistent, yourself giving up on hunger doesn't mean Ritsuko has to'
( I'm not gonna talk about the fact that he doesn't want to see her suffer, 'cause I just can't imagine how bad the suffer from the need for blood could be. )

- Kaori's just gone crazy!?
Yes, her dad attacked her mom, but she doesn''t know this, does she?
So from her point of view, she didn't need to hit him with the bat, right?
or maybe 'better safe than sorry'?

-Purple-haired chic offers her dead mother her blood? : hmmm

-Oh I forgot to mention that, I don't like how the ppl gathered at the temple just left the other villagers unacknowledged of what's going on.
The doctor instructed them to tell the others that they're warding off the summer demons. This is the 'excuse' they need to make if they leave anyone( who were not at the temple ) in wonder.
HOWEVER, seriously, it won't sound plausible enough. Especially when they just murdered Shikis( who look almost like normal human being ) on the street.
I think ALL of the villagers should be acknowledged.

Even though they rushed it, I still love the episode
22 episodes won't be enough for me, I just need the sequel movie or sth like that! <3
AidanKieranDec 10, 2010 2:04 AM
Dec 10, 2010 3:00 AM

Feb 2010
the bloody war started ;)
Dec 10, 2010 3:41 AM

Aug 2010
Okay, they better get all the shiki. Tatsumi the big threat now, Natsuno going to have to drink blood just to stand a chance.
Dec 10, 2010 3:50 AM
Aug 2009
whoisfriend said:
Jaymie said:

I don't get this. Aren't both the anime and manga derived from a novel? It makes sense then how the story in the anime will soon overtake the manga.

The Shiki Anime/Manga are loosely based on the novel. In the novel, Natsuno stayed dead, for example. So it wouldn't make much sense if they suddenly went from adapting the manga to adapting the novel.
Dec 10, 2010 3:55 AM

May 2010
I Cant believe its almost over! Another season Please!! :D
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Dec 10, 2010 4:16 AM
Dec 2009
I really hope this anime has a good ending. I doubt there will be a season 2. This wasn't really one of my favourite episodes though.
Dec 10, 2010 4:38 AM

May 2010
Bloody Mayhem!!!!
Dec 10, 2010 4:39 AM

Jul 2008
Tohru is such a crybaby. ;__;

And seriously Seishin needs to decide what he's up to. >_>
Dec 10, 2010 4:58 AM

Jun 2010
LOL They obviously wanted to show that Humans are evil too. What's with the scary look ?

Although I wanted some vamps to die, this is really sad. =[

What I really wanted is some interesting story. And I'm sure that the previous ep, 18 was the best ep in this whole anime.

19 was the 2nd best ep.

I wonder what will happen to the girl who gave her mom blood. It sure felt scary more than vamps waiting outside. lol

So sunako falls into sleep because she lived too long ? Will she eventually die too ?

I expected that the vampires will at least hold on for quite long but they just are just escaping. =[

mod edit : Please learn to use the spoiler tags for images that stretches the forum layout.
NayahDec 11, 2010 3:48 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2010 5:17 AM

Nov 2008
LOL They obviously wanted to show that Humans are evil too. What's with the scary look ?

Maybe it's to claim that the hunted became a hunters. Killing, the other way or another in order to survive is inhuman and "evil" in both cases, isn't it?

I almost choked myself with my dinner, when I saw Tatsumi's costume. It look so.... *facepalm* . Character designers must have had a lot of fun with this.

Doctor went evilish, Senhin went emo and Tooru went histeric enjoyed his breaking voice very much, ima a sick sadist to the core.

The story is finally going to the final arc and I'm eager to see how this all going to end and if my predictions are right (on the other hand I hope it won't be so mellodramatic as I think ;p)
Dec 10, 2010 7:02 AM

Jul 2010
ROFL What they are doing now is just kill to they should just capture them and put the to a eternal sleep :)
Dec 10, 2010 7:28 AM

Apr 2009
for a moment i thought they would reveal the priest as the 4th werewolf...
the mistery remains for 3 more episodes
Dec 10, 2010 7:33 AM

May 2007
pieceofshota said:
So sunako falls into sleep because she lived too long ? Will she eventually die too ?

Or maybe... this is just a thought but... it became daytime and it was time for bed? XD
Dec 10, 2010 7:46 AM

Aug 2010
Bura said:
pieceofshota said:

Or maybe... this is just a thought but... it became daytime and it was time for bed? XD

Little girls do need their sleep.

Snowley said:

Maybe it's to claim that the hunted became a hunters. Killing, the other way or another in order to survive is inhuman and "evil" in both cases, isn't it?

I think they are trying to switch it around so that viewers feel bad for the shiki. Maybe all Sunako wants is a place to live where they can fee on humans all day... wait, they are still the bad guys. I still feel bad for them though.
Dec 10, 2010 8:01 AM

Dec 2008
The shiki war has begun!!
Yes, shikis have a right to feed, but humans also have a right to defend themselves against being someone's dinner. I guess Sunako didn't think about that.
Tatsumi is just the epitome of beefcake, but his fashion sense is just...O_o
I'm glad Chizuro is dead...now if someone could just kill Megumi...
I can't wait for the part where...
Dec 10, 2010 8:16 AM

Sep 2009
Orulyon said:
and geez, i cant stand the monk, did he did anything in this anime that gave him the right to be a main character?!
Same here. The only thing he has is the looks except that he just a suicidal bloody priest with loli + sucking fetish.

So damn proud of Okazi.
No Natsuno this episode T_T
Wow Tatsumi...the shorts look good ..surprisingly.
Loved the blood spree specially Chizuru's stake scene.
Its same both ways; humans and Shikis killing to to survive.
Dec 10, 2010 8:51 AM

Jan 2010
prismheart said:
Bura said:
pieceofshota said:

Little girls do need their sleep.

Beauty Sleep ? xD
Dec 10, 2010 8:55 AM

Mar 2008
Nice ep. I'm just waiting until someone kills Megumi I will not be sorry for that.

Dec 10, 2010 9:01 AM

Apr 2009
Can't wait for the shiki to strike back.

Would be prudent if it was the priest who gets to kill of Toshio.

Also amused by Tatsumis unholy outfit.
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.
Dec 10, 2010 9:24 AM

Oct 2007
There is no such thing as right or wrong in this situation. It is just a matter of from which view point do you see it from. Kill or be killed.

Linalee-Stratos said:
Orulyon said:
and geez, i cant stand the monk, did he did anything in this anime that gave him the right to be a main character?!
Same here. The only thing he has is the looks except that he just a suicidal bloody priest with loli + sucking fetish.
If it wasn't for him this will be just another of many Vampire VS Human shows. I think this role will be play more in the next episode where they will explain why did he want to kill himself which led him to join Shiki instead.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 10, 2010 10:46 AM

Jun 2008
Siva said:
There is no such thing as right or wrong in this situation. It is just a matter of from which view point do you see it from. Kill or be killed.

Linalee-Stratos said:
Orulyon said:
If it wasn't for him this will be just another of many Vampire VS Human shows. I think this role will be play more in the next episode where they will explain why did he want to kill himself which led him to join Shiki instead.

Im sorry but i still cannot agree. Allow me to say my opinion (again, i do not wish to offend the fans).
If it wasn't for him this would be another Vampire vs humans show? with him or without him, this is in fact a vampire x humans show, and a great one. one single character would not change the show, its takes at least two to make a difference.
until now the most exciting scenes were the ones lead by other characters, specially supporting ones.
Also,a person who really wishes to die would not join the shiki, because obviously, there would be 50% chance of becoming a risen.
I do not blame his wish to die, but even Natsuno that also "wants" to be killed like he mentioned before (kill all shikis including himself), even him at least is doing something. The monk limited himself to say philosophical things without explaining the reason why he wants to die, a reason that surpasses the bond he had with his best friend Ozaki, and we still got no clue why he joined the shikis.
Pity for Sunako? maybe. But then if it was for that, i will dislike him even more, because he didnt feel any pity for humans and when his best friend needed his help he turned his back on him. Iam wrong?
Im still hoping he will at least redeem himself with Ozaki. Otherwise ill keep my opinion that he is indeed useless.

But thats only my opinion, and ofc, we all have different opinions...

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 10, 2010 11:20 AM

Nov 2008
Snowley said:

There was that part towards the end of the episode where Sunako and Seishin were talking about Seishin's book and that the brother had killed in order to live. I think that statement was the "theme" of the episode, if not the whole series. The shiki kill humans in order to live, and now the humans are killing shiki so that they in turn won't be killed. Basically, it seems to be one big killing cycle that raises a lot of moral questions and obviously makes for an awesome storyline. :D
Dec 10, 2010 11:31 AM

Oct 2009
Saygram said:
Nice ep. I'm just waiting until someone kills Megumi I will not be sorry for that.

But then who will slap Masao around? ^_^. I do so enjoy when she does that.
Good episode, and I was not surprised to see people protecting their loved ones who have turned.

Dec 10, 2010 1:14 PM

Feb 2009
Megumi's still funny as hell.
Best quote of the day->''Chizuru was my bitch''.
I actually dunno if this was funny,nostalgic,sad,brutal,fabulous,hawt,ingenious or atmospheric.Maybe all of them.
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Dec 10, 2010 1:29 PM

Jan 2009
Oh, it's on, babeh! Can't wait until next week!
Dec 10, 2010 2:10 PM

Jul 2010
Orulyon said:
Pity for Sunako? maybe. But then if it was for that, i will dislike him even more, because he didnt feel any pity for humans and when his best friend needed his help he turned his back on him. Iam wrong?
Im still hoping he will at least redeem himself with Ozaki. Otherwise ill keep my opinion that he is indeed useless.

But thats only my opinion, and ofc, we all have different opinions...

Yeah, I've had enough of Seishin. He's done absolutely nothing throughout the show except give opinions on the situation. I can't believe he chose to side with Sunako instead of his best friend, Toshio. Like you, I am also hoping he will somehow redeem himself in these last few episodes.

lostinabook said:
There was that part towards the end of the episode where Sunako and Seishin were talking about Seishin's book and that the brother had killed in order to live. I think that statement was the "theme" of the episode, if not the whole series. The shiki kill humans in order to live, and now the humans are killing shiki so that they in turn won't be killed. Basically, it seems to be one big killing cycle that raises a lot of moral questions and obviously makes for an awesome storyline. :D

Didn't Sunako basically want to wipe out a village and replace all the once human villagers with Shiki villagers? That doesn't sound like killing to survive, that sounds like murdering for an ambition.

SerasAshley said:
Saygram said:

But then who will slap Masao around? ^_^. I do so enjoy when she does that

Mmhmm. We definitely need someone to give him a good kick in the face every once in a while. "Let's run away together"? Lol, not on your life. Also, Sunako and Shimizu wear such awesome clothes. They really need to give Tatsumi some advice. These last two episodes he has not looked good at all. :P

The war starts. I can't wait. There's only 3 episodes left - is that really enough to finish this off well? I hope so. If not, I would love a second season, but I doubt we'll get one as it seems we'll have a rushed finish for this one. Anyways, it's an amazing show, and I'll miss it when it ends.
Dec 10, 2010 2:24 PM

Nov 2010
anyone who outlives Masao is a winner in my book XD

what is going on with Tatsumi's wardrobe, it's been so odd these last couple eps
that old guy and megumi's dad were total badasses in this one!
Dec 10, 2010 3:04 PM

Apr 2010
i realy hope Seishin gets killed... preferably in a by the doctor, in a violent way...
i want to see Akira again... whats he doin? chances are he's risen by now... O.o?
and did Kaori kill her dad?

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Dec 10, 2010 3:10 PM

May 2010
codename mushi-okuri xD

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Dec 10, 2010 3:32 PM

Aug 2009
shit got (more) real!
Ha-cha!
Dec 10, 2010 3:53 PM

Feb 2010
Wooooo go humans! Great episode.

gaga got OWNED.

I enjoyed seeing the many diff characters and how they are affected by this "purge"...

Ozaki is the MAN. The animators may be trying to get the message across that there's 2 sides to every coin... by drawing the villagers so severely... I don't feel sorry for the shiki though. at all.

How is this going to end?!
Dec 10, 2010 4:24 PM
Nov 2010
Loved it! But whats happened to akira - i miss him and his strange hair! I want him to be alive & human :)
Dec 10, 2010 5:00 PM

Oct 2008
This is going to be a 3 episode hunt. Awesome.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KingOmerta - Sep 16, 2010

190 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.