Forum Settings
Forums

New Series of Yu-Gi-Oh! Announced [Update Dec 13]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 13, 2010 10:19 AM

Nov 2008
Nice character, now it needs a mature story, 5Ds pulled it off well and you should continue with this especially since the Yu-Gi-Oh fanbase is aging.

Dec 13, 2010 11:22 AM

Dec 2008
design of this new character looks good and promising ^^
Dec 13, 2010 12:38 PM

Sep 2009
DestinySora said:
SOooooo uninterested, unless they bring back Atem but the chances of that is like what? 0%?

that would be the only way I would watch it.

Bring back the original Yugi with his millennium puzzle dammit...
Dec 13, 2010 12:50 PM

Dec 2009
Didn't know Yu-Gi-Oh was still going to go on, hope it's better than the last two series.
Dec 13, 2010 1:21 PM

Aug 2009
Seriously pple?, come on... looks like another GX -_-

I didn't like 5D's at first, but this is just horrible
SlashBlackDec 13, 2010 1:45 PM
Dec 13, 2010 1:46 PM

May 2009
Kazuki's going cuckoo again, I see.

Personally, I won't comment on how much good or bad potential this one has. We'll see about it when it begins airing, don't we? Although I have to admit that the new protagonist looks kinda silly to me, but... don't they all?

What got me by surprise, however, is how quick they were to announce a new YGO animu. I can only wonder if their next move is to bring 5D's to a quick conclusion or just air them both at the same time.

In any case, I'm likely to check this one out.
Dec 13, 2010 2:29 PM

Aug 2009
The Main Character doesnt really appeal to me. Seem's like a fusion of Yugi and Yusei tbh -.- Then again he might be awesome. I have no idea. There are always side characters though :D (please have good side characters).
Dec 13, 2010 3:01 PM

Dec 2007
omg. then 5D's will end soon? :/ That's sad....
Dec 13, 2010 3:20 PM

May 2010
I LOVE Yu-Gi-Oh! <33
I Can't wait for this one to come out <3
Hope it is somewhat like GX was <3
Dec 13, 2010 5:36 PM

Apr 2010
God damn it. I like all 3 of the Yu-gi-oh series but this main character looks like a little ass bite. I can't believe Yusei is getting replaced by this. 5D's was my favorite Yu-gi-oh series so far.
Dec 13, 2010 8:20 PM

Mar 2008
4Kids or FUNimation will be english dubbing this new Yu-Gi-Oh! anime.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Dec 13, 2010 8:28 PM

Feb 2009
I Do Not Like this new Character design. Its too much of a rip-off of Yusei.
Dec 13, 2010 10:49 PM

Apr 2010
I can only imagine the evil things 4kids might possibly do when it dubs it.

It's starting to seem like each series is lasting less and less episodes too.

Please give me a Jack Atlus cameo to make me feel better about this. D:
Dec 13, 2010 11:39 PM

Aug 2009
Yehey!!! NEW Yu-Gi-Oh! SERIES!!!! (O_O)

Really, Yu-gi-oh! is now becoming like Gundam! (having many series) ^_^
VerneJulesDec 13, 2010 11:42 PM
Dec 14, 2010 7:28 AM
Jul 2008
yugioh is the shit anybody that says otherwise doesn't know what they are missing.
Dec 14, 2010 2:35 PM

Aug 2009
blt071289 said:
yugioh is the shit anybody that says otherwise doesn't know what they are missing.
And there goes people who only know how to critique anime by their flaws and not by their strengths... *sigh* Whenever a series gets so popular, so many haters appear. lol ^_^
Dec 14, 2010 5:00 PM

Jun 2010
I was hoping 5D's would continue. GX reached 180 episodes which did not had any potential & 5D's that has, will end around episode 154? Lame.

The new series seem to return to the standards of GX, which I hated.
Dec 15, 2010 5:56 AM

Aug 2009
Baby_Naruto said:
4Kids or FUNimation will be english dubbing this new Yu-Gi-Oh! anime.

You know what that means. To people who like watching Yu-Gi-Oh! Dubbed. Will probably be forced to watch it in Japanese due to the fact 4KIDS will drop 5D's like a ton of bricks and fly to ZEXAL like moths to a flame. Which really bugs me you know, I mean what's the point of dubbing something if you aren't going to finish it. (I'm not bothered though. I just don't see any point in it though). The same will happen to ZEXAL as well, if they make a new series after that. It seems that only the Original Yu-Gi-Oh! Series, got the privelage of being fully dubbed.
Dec 15, 2010 4:25 PM

Aug 2010
Too bad, I like 5Ds. It totally beats GX. Anyway, so far I am not digging the designs of Zexal.

@HaloX5: Ugh, I hope not. It was bad enough they dropped GX.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Dec 16, 2010 12:45 AM

May 2008
biakudryavka said:
The first Yu-gi-oh series was good, but c'mon, there is no need of a new anime of it.

The only point we need more seriesis the card game... if it dosent have Anime we don't get more card. only form the manga (Gx,5d's) so we need somting to get card.

The main character look like: Yusei,Atem and Judai is....*He hit him self because he think yaoi scan..*..

But i like the new summon mode:
"An Excess Summon can be conducted when there are two or more monsters of the same Level on the field. Those monsters can be used as Material Monsters to Summon an Excess Monster whose Level is equal to the combined Levels of the monsters on the field.

Material Monsters are not sent to the Graveyard. Instead, they are used as overlay."
Dec 16, 2010 5:05 PM

Aug 2009
malvarez1 said:
Too bad, I like 5Ds. It totally beats GX. Anyway, so far I am not digging the designs of Zexal.

@HaloX5: Ugh, I hope not. It was bad enough they dropped GX.

Surely you can see it Malvarez. I mean they dropped GX when they only had to what? Dub like 25 Episodes? I mean I dont see why they didnt finish. Since they already dubbed the previous 155 (Oh my bad it was 154 wasnt it. Since they didnt bother to dub the last episode of Season 3 >_>).
4KIDS are all about the money. They think "Oh a new YGO! This one will make more money, so let's stop dubbing this thing and move onto this one". I mean remember the stunt they pulled with Pokemon? Firing all the voice actors because they wanted to pay less money... Or was it a Company Rights switch? I forget.
The Company speaks for itself. I dont even think I need to say this.
Dec 16, 2010 9:59 PM

Apr 2010
Eww the new character design!

Yusei and everyone else is better. 5Ds is like badass in card games

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!
Dec 16, 2010 11:46 PM

Jul 2007
HaloX5 said:
It seems that only the Original Yu-Gi-Oh! Series, got the privelage of being fully dubbed.

correction.

The Atem saga episodes would like to have a word with you.

The last season of the original series was dubbed way after they started showing GX. As when GX started they pretty much stopped and jumped to GX.
Dec 17, 2010 1:27 AM

May 2009
I have to admit that I'm interested in the new Excess monsters, the way they're summoned and how they work, but I certainly hope that they won't make them too overpowered so that they won't completely replace Synchro and Fusion the moment they're released.

It doesn't look that way though, the only part I'm concerned about is the overlay system, since it means that you have to use five to seven different blasting effects at worst in order to get rid of one, and you don't get rid of them with summoning negation. From what I've read thus far, zapping an Excess monster piece by piece weakens it and hence makes it easier to kill and using a Warning or something whacks all the overlay monsters and more or less gets rid of the potentially annoying effects they may or may not have, but it still worries me.

If these are gonna get common in the card game after release I'm gonna start maining Black Horn of Heaven - seriously.

But, that remains to be seen. More information and a couple of episodes of YGO Zexal and we'll find out. I'm sure it'll end up to be another interesting aspect to the game in both the anime and the OCG/TCG.
HeViDec 17, 2010 1:31 AM
Dec 17, 2010 4:05 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
HaloX5 said:
It seems that only the Original Yu-Gi-Oh! Series, got the privelage of being fully dubbed.

correction.

The Atem saga episodes would like to have a word with you.

The last season of the original series was dubbed way after they started showing GX. As when GX started they pretty much stopped and jumped to GX.

My apologies then. I didn't know that.
Okay so they did ditch GX, I know a lot of people don't care for that series, maybe that's why they left it. Who knows they may go back to it. Hopefully they won't drop 5D's as well though.
Though they are dubbing the "Bonds Beyond Time" Movie. Though for something thats that short could hardly be considered a Movie, it's more like an OVA or something.
Dec 20, 2010 11:05 PM

Mar 2008
Another line of Yu Gi Oh, I kinda saw this coming since Pokemon Best Wishes came. The one thing I don't understand is why keep making new series which we know may or not suck ass. I'm watching best wishes not because i want to but im fan since i was a kid, the good old days of the first generation pokemon. I do like the 2nd and 3rd but the 1st is always my favorite. Yu Gi Oh is also my favorite i still have the 1st generation cards and the battle city cards as while. I enjoy the first season of Yu Gi Oh, I really did like GX so i didnt watch it ubt for some reason i saw it any ways knowing it may suck but it cool seeing Kiba and Yugi again. 5D's is okay a little better then GX if you ask me. The movie that all 3 main heros from there arc join forces to save the world, I havnt see the movie yet and having a hard time looking for the sub version. Ok im going off topic here lol. Now im seeing another yu gi oh coming out next year around April, that is telling us that 5D's maybe going to end around the last few months until April, I also see members here enjoying 5D's. All I would like to know is what new strange way of dueling they are going to come up next in this another new arc
Dec 25, 2010 9:17 AM

Feb 2010
Thank you God, but I think Yu-Gi-Oh! will never die.

It'll be the same as Pokemon or Digimon, when a show is gonna end a new show will replace that :D

Anyway, the artwork that time is odd ._., it's more to GX than for 5D's.
I think the "masterpiece" of 5D's will die, we'll have again a "teen show". Perhaps the word "teen" sounds like "childish" to me. But his monster ((Was that a monster?)) seems like a phantom. Maybe that time we'll have a "Casper Show" witha stupid snot guy shaking with fear of that. =/

I do not expect anything good from Zexal
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Apr 15, 2011 4:52 PM

Apr 2008
I hate how they have to explain how to play the game.
Jul 24, 2012 2:02 AM

Apr 2010
Does this mean that Zexal had to be the first to feature Augmented Reality??
Oct 18, 2012 10:48 PM
Nov 2010
this was surprisingly fun
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by AwNoodles »»
16 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
2 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 3 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
3 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.