Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Who hates that loli little girl dancing around talking about death is fair ?

New
Dec 7, 2010 5:54 AM

Jun 2010
She is so annoying. I hate how she weirdly dances and her voice is annoying. I just hate her so much. UGH !! Hope the doctor get a shotgun and blow her head off. Now that will make my day. Hell Yeah !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 7, 2010 6:09 AM
Jun 2008
its goth loli, not some ordinary loli =P
Dec 7, 2010 10:28 PM

Sep 2009
she is older than all the character in shiki .....i guess......
Dec 7, 2010 10:40 PM

May 2010
I like her for being the creepy little girl character that she is...but I hate her for her voice and being the cause of that town's troubles. She needs to get staked.
Dec 8, 2010 7:35 AM

Dec 2007
Sunako is awesome.

Also, why isn't death fair?

Do we not live in a Darwinian "Survival of the Fittest" world? Is it because we place some sentimentality in human lives that we differentiate between let's say a wolf killing a sheep and that of an okiagari killing a human? Does not the wolf kill to survive? Does not the okiagari kill to survive?

For me, I see no difference.
Dec 8, 2010 2:46 PM

Apr 2009
She is made of creepy awesomeness.
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.
Dec 9, 2010 7:29 AM

May 2007
I like her! Unlike a certain priest she often hangs out with ._.
Dec 9, 2010 10:14 AM

Nov 2008
I do like Sunako and pity her as well because she didn't deserve to die nor walk in despair for hundreds of years.

Sunako is a few centuries old and she's just extremely lonely, remember she walked for centuries in vain to find her family.

Bura said:
I like her! Unlike a certain priest she often hangs out with ._.

That priest is more depressing than Sunako and should have been killed many episodes ago, especially since he's flirting with Sunako, she needed to get her fangs into this fool and a matter of fact she almost did.

Dec 9, 2010 11:13 AM
Oct 2009
I kinda like her xD. But yea at the end she´s got to die cause she´s one of the bad guys of course..... :P
Dec 9, 2010 4:55 PM

Jun 2008
pieceofshota said:
her voice is annoying

Die. Now.
Dec 9, 2010 6:46 PM

Aug 2010
Hmm, Sunako is one of my favorite characters. I love her interactions with Seishin. Judging by the previews at the end of last week's episode, she'll "get her fangs into that fool" next time (which I'm actually looking forward to).
Dec 10, 2010 5:03 AM

Jun 2010
I think I hated her because she's loli while I'm a shotacon fan. XD
Anyways her spinning creepy like a doll was weird.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2010 5:08 AM

Aug 2009
so you prefer shota over g-loli?
Best to watch Boku no Pico because that boy in there is 50x more weird than her.
Dec 10, 2010 9:16 PM

Jun 2010
lol but boku no pico is like Futanari. They have girl voice and looks with cocks. XD
My fav shota chars are in my fav char list. <3
Dec 11, 2010 10:44 AM

Nov 2008
pieceofshota said:
lol but boku no pico is like Futanari. They have girl voice and looks with cocks. XD
My fav shota chars are in my fav char list. <3

LOL

Boku no Pico is nightmare fuel for anyone shotacon or not, everything was wrong with that anime.

Jan 1, 2011 10:05 PM

May 2008
i generally dislike/hate/detest these loli characters. for some reason they always get away with everything despite being wrong and/or annoying as hell >.>. same goes for sunako. I understand that she didn't wanna be a shiki, but i just can't sympathize with her cause of her loli appearance and voice. It proly would've been different if Chizuru was in sunako's place.

Who also pisses me off is that c*cksucker of a priest.

Jan 1, 2011 10:25 PM

Jul 2008
I liked Sunako, and based on her past I saw where she was coming from when she talked about death. Like Itatchi, I agree that the Priest was a much more insufferable character.
Jan 2, 2011 1:24 AM

Jul 2008
Sunako more or less destroyed Aoi Yuuki's good "vampire" career. She started off well enough as Mina Tepes, but all those progress was destroyed by Sunako.
Jan 2, 2011 1:51 AM

Sep 2010
Meh she doesn't get any sympathy from me

Jan 3, 2011 3:01 PM
Jan 2010
It wouldn't matter if she looked the way she did, or if she looked like an adult. She'd still most likely have the same contradictory train of thought. You all must remember that Sunako is several hundreds years old, and technically nowhere near being a 'loli'.
Aug 21, 2013 6:18 AM

Jun 2013
I liked her hair alot.
But I didn't like her at all, I mean, at first she was cute when she came to this monk and told him that she is his fan, but later when she started philosophising and stuff... it sounded just so fake, and she was just annoying. :\
still, love her hairstyle.
Paws paws paws paws paws paws paws
Neko Neko Paws
Paws is what I like
I'm a paws obsessed person, I could look at kitties' paws all my lifetime.
Oct 28, 2013 6:33 AM

Jul 2012
xEmptiness said:
Sunako is extremely likable IMO. Not only is she excessively cute, her thoughts are interesting, philosophical and poetic. She is respectful and her motives bear no malice. Couple that with drops of despair, futility, loneliness and hope, the end result is one of the most fascinating character in the anime world.

One of the reoccurring things I keep seeing is people claim that her ideologies and actions are unjustified.

Innocent child gets turned into a vampire -> Thrown into an unfamiliar surrounding -> Realizes what has happened, escapes -> Finds out her family fears and rejects her -> Wanders earth alone for a century -> Finally finds companions -> Wishes to build a home for her new family.

Based on the above events, what part of her actions were contradicting or unreasonable?

• Death is fearsome but ultimately fair.
  • I have done nothing bad because it is out of necessity rather than malice.
  • Is it a sin to survive if survival means constant murder?

As a consequence she also feels betrayed by a higher power as her free will has no say in her horrifying 'fate'. She didn't choose, she was made into this.

What part of her philosophies are contradicting or unreasonable? It's rather ironic if you use humans and cows for this analogy instead. Perhaps it makes her more "human" than the rest of us. Or perhaps we should be grateful we didn't need to live as cows some point in our lives.

Brilliant well said
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Oct 29, 2013 11:57 AM
Oct 2011
xEmptiness said:

Innocent child gets turned into a vampire -> Thrown into an unfamiliar surrounding -> Realizes what has happened, escapes -> Finds out her family fears and rejects her -> Wanders earth alone for a century -> Finally finds companions -> Wishes to build a home for her new family.

Based on the above events, what part of her actions were contradicting or unreasonable?

As a consequence she also feels betrayed by a higher power as her free will has no say in her horrifying 'fate'. She didn't choose, she was made into this.

What part of her philosophies are contradicting or unreasonable? It's rather ironic if you use humans and cows for this analogy instead. Perhaps it makes her more "human" than the rest of us. Or perhaps we should be grateful we didn't need to live as cows some point in our lives.

The part where she and her family kill hundreds of people and forcibly attempt to turn an entire village into beings they never wished to be either, effectively surpassing her own fate unto others. While you have "companions" from the start, you are still forced to kill your loved ones or die permanently. Should've been staked, I was disappointed she escaped.

Not to mention it is established early on by Toshio that Shiki physically cannot drain a person to death in one sitting and do not need to, either. It takes at least three, usually successive Shiki attacks to get to the point of death, so there is really no reason for the Shiki to kill anyone at all. This is also confirmed by the fact that Muroi simply does not die even when his blood is drained all the time. The newly turned inhabitants of the village only do so because they are either forced to by Sunako, who considers herself a natural predator of humanity and thus killing us as well within her rights, or out of personal malevolence (like Megumi). All the while knowing they might not rise back, as it is what happened to Nao.

Sunako sees humans as cattle.
NikkeOct 29, 2013 2:24 PM
Nov 2, 2013 3:09 PM
May 2013
I see a big debate going on about Sunako and the morality of her actions. All I can say is fuck that little vampire brat. Was so wishing Tomio had gotten to stake, of course then Muroi came in and ruined it all. I agree with Nikke as well, Sunako and her kind did see the villagers as cattle and wanted to exterminate them to make the village their new Shiki home. Just fuck the Shiki, my dude Toshio Ozaki saw to it they all died haha
Nov 2, 2013 3:17 PM

Jan 2013
people actually support the humans in shiki them horrible violent anti vampire racist humans pah i was cheering for the vampires the entire time i was watching it.
Nov 2, 2013 5:33 PM

Jul 2012
rpool179 said:
I see a big debate going on about Sunako and the morality of her actions. All I can say is fuck that little vampire brat. Was so wishing Tomio had gotten to stake, of course then Muroi came in and ruined it all. I agree with Nikke as well, Sunako and her kind did see the villagers as cattle and wanted to exterminate them to make the village their new Shiki home. Just fuck the Shiki, my dude Toshio Ozaki saw to it they all died haha

It's no different when you eat other animals, how would you feel if the animals youv been eat started talking and.took a stand and said, stop eating us or we will kill you,

Also that doctor is a crazy mother fucking he was cutting up his wife without hesitation or remorse,

Imagine you waking up on a table tide up and gagged an don't know what the hell is going on and someone your married to is cutting you up and you was begging and crying for him to stop,

The monk was the peace maker he tried to understand the shiki, ( peace is the only way)

If say- a few muslims killed your dad and a few hundred people because they wasn't Muslims what would you do,

Kill all the muslims because of what a few muslims did or try and make peace, me I'm the peace loving type,

Also if say one of your loved ones was a shiki would you help them or kill them, I'd help mine

Also there was only a hand full of humans left they either -

Left before the war
Half died
Half turned in to shiki
What was left of them either died in the war or the fire got them and what was left left the village,

They failed to.protect the one thing they was trying to protect and it services them right,

Also the humans also killed the people in the temple thanks to that mother fucker doctor and the people in the pipes and the old man,

The humans was the ass holes of the series except for a few, the monk and the noodle lady

And they two shiki got away hahaha without them knowing
geekfreak17aNov 2, 2013 5:43 PM

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Nov 2, 2013 5:44 PM

Mar 2008
Animefreak17a said:

If say- a few muslims killed your dad and a few hundred people because they wasn't Muslims what would you do,

Kill all the muslims because of what a few muslims did or try and make peace, me I'm the peace loving type,

Except Muslims don't need to feed off other humans to survive.

Animefreak17a said:

The humans was the ass holes of the series except for a few, the monk and the noodle lady

You are now aware that you're alive today because your ancestors were assholes who ruled, oppressed, hoarded, murdered, stole and dicked their way through history.

A cornered and lonely creature has a right to life. It just can't expect other lifeforms to lie down and die in order for it to survive; both sides had their reasons but Hell yeah Humanity. Humanity Banzai. Humanity besto choice.
Nov 2, 2013 5:46 PM

Sep 2012
Animefreak17a said:
Also if say one of your loved ones was a shiki would you help them or kill them, I'd help mine
And they'd return the favor by violently sucking out your blood and murdering you.
Nov 2, 2013 5:56 PM

Jul 2012
Nikke said:
xEmptiness said:

The part where she and her family kill hundreds of people and forcibly attempt to turn an entire village into beings they never wished to be either, effectively surpassing her own fate unto others. While you have "companions" from the start, you are still forced to kill your loved ones or die permanently. Should've been staked, I was disappointed she escaped.

Not to mention it is established early on by Toshio that Shiki physically cannot drain a person to death in one sitting and do not need to, either. It takes at least three, usually successive Shiki attacks to get to the point of death, so there is really no reason for the Shiki to kill anyone at all. This is also confirmed by the fact that Muroi simply does not die even when his blood is drained all the time. The newly turned inhabitants of the village only do so because they are either forced to by Sunako, who considers herself a natural predator of humanity and thus killing us as well within her rights, or out of personal malevolence (like Megumi). All the while knowing they might not rise back, as it is what happened to Nao.

Sunako sees humans as cattle.

That's where your wrong,

Humans scare very easy and will outcast or kill anyone or thing that's different,

Read dance in the vampire bund - vampires are known all over the world and wants a peaceful co existence with the humans but read chapter 70

The vampires have a substitute for blood and wants a peaceful life but the humans start killing them out of hatred and jealously, the vampires did nothing to them and they try to kill them, hell they tried to kill humans who was hiding them or was sympathisers towards vampires,

There's chapter where 2 kids was playing a prank with fake fangs scaring people but was killed by the same people who hated the vampires,

The humans in dance in the vampire bund are just like the humans in shiki and visa versa
So really the shiki had the right idea to hide because of human prosecution even if they didn't need to kill them to drink there blood they had the right idea to kill people to stop others from finding out vampires exist

Look at xmen- humans hates them because of there powers
Look at blassreiter - humans kill other humans out of racial hatred
Look at sands of destruction
Plantes
Crest/banner of the stars
Wolf and spice
Basilisk
Broken blade
Tokyo majin
Elfen lied * come on you know what I'm talking about
Inuyasha
Trigun
King of pigs
Dance in the vampire bund
Strain
Rosario and vampire
Stigma of the wind
Beck

These shows show how humans are bastards to everyone and anything that isn't human, out of the smallest things by

Killing
Bullying
Raping
Beating
Abandonment
geekfreak17aNov 2, 2013 6:21 PM

im a shiki supporter

Nov 2, 2013 5:59 PM

Jul 2012
Red_Keys said:
Animefreak17a said:
And they'd return the favor by violently sucking out your blood and murdering you.

Lol you forget that newly made shiki doesn't known what's going on and what happened to them, e.g that old lady who went back to her daughter she didn't suck out her blood because she didn't have know idea what she had become, it's the same with all the other shiki they didn't know til the shiki who came to town taught them what they are and what they have to do

Also if a loved one needed blood my family would gladly take turns giving him/her blood
geekfreak17aNov 2, 2013 6:02 PM

im a shiki supporter

Nov 2, 2013 7:04 PM
May 2013
Animefreak17a said:
rpool179 said:

It's no different when you eat other animals, how would you feel if the animals youv been eat started talking and.took a stand and said, stop eating us or we will kill you,

Also that doctor is a crazy mother fucking he was cutting up his wife without hesitation or remorse,

Imagine you waking up on a table tide up and gagged an don't know what the hell is going on and someone your married to is cutting you up and you was begging and crying for him to stop,

The monk was the peace maker he tried to understand the shiki, ( peace is the only way)

Left before the war
Half died
Half turned in to shiki
What was left of them either died in the war or the fire got them and what was left left the village,

They failed to.protect the one thing they was trying to protect and it services them right,

Also the humans also killed the people in the temple thanks to that mother fucker doctor and the people in the pipes and the old man,

True, you bring up some good points as many have said regarding the animals comment. As far as Doctor Ozaki goes, you could tell throughout the serieds he was never particularly close to his wife. And when she rose, she was a monster at that point, which of course contributed to his indifference to experimenting on her, which is the only reason he was. He could have stopped and explained to her she was a Shiki but I could tell he didn't believe it was worth the time. That would only make her want to live more and beg even harder.

But no fucking way would I help a relative of mine continue to live if they became a Shiki. Of course I would have loved them but I would see to it they rested in peace and went back to the grave, letting them live as a blood hungry monster and helping them would be the biggest injustice I could do to them. And there was never a chance of peace between the humans and Shiki especially when they killed the villagers relatives. Human or Shiki debate aside, you'll hate anyone who kills a close loved one of yours.

Lastly, killing the monk's family was going to happen when they found out he was hiding a Shiki, that was as much the monk's fault as it was the doctor's. Pretty close to what anyone would do if they wouldn't give up where the monk was since he was hiding a blood sucking demon. Although yea, they did lose the village but the scene after the credits shows some of the people remaining getting on a bus leaving the village so there's hope yet
Nov 2, 2013 11:31 PM

Jul 2012
rpool179 said:
Animefreak17a said:
rpool179 said:

Left before the war
Half died
Half turned in to shiki

True, you bring up some good points as many have said regarding the animals comment. As far as Doctor Ozaki goes, you could tell throughout the serieds he was never particularly close to his wife. And when she rose, she was a monster at that point, which of course contributed to his indifference to experimenting on her, which is the only reason he was. He could have stopped and explained to her she was a Shiki but I could tell he didn't believe it was worth the time. That would only make her want to live more and beg even harder.

But no fucking way would I help a relative of mine continue to live if they became a Shiki. Of course I would have loved them but I would see to it they rested in peace and went back to the grave, letting them live as a blood hungry monster and helping them would be the biggest injustice I could do to them. And there was never a chance of peace between the humans and Shiki especially when they killed the villagers relatives. Human or Shiki debate aside, you'll hate anyone who kills a close loved one of yours.

Lastly, killing the monk's family was going to happen when they found out he was hiding a Shiki, that was as much the monk's fault as it was the doctor's. Pretty close to what anyone would do if they wouldn't give up where the monk was since he was hiding a blood sucking demon. Although yea, they did lose the village but the scene after the credits shows some of the people remaining getting on a bus leaving the village so there's hope yet

Soooo killing people who is close to the person that your looking should die even if they haven't done anything wrong or have no idea why they was killed, brilliant logic lets do that to every pedos family and every killers family and rapists family, kill them because there related to them clap clap clap clap,

Also do you know what a monster is?

Here's two e.g.
A monster is something that can't be reasoned with and kills with malice,
2 a monster is someone who .................
Have you seen Elfen lied, ........get my point

Also there your loved ones and you don't want to lose them again, look at the noodle lady she gave blood to her mom who turned in to one

She's not a demon, she's a little girl who didn't ask to be turned in to a shiki,

She comes back to live without explaining why
She's locked away for years in a barn
Her family didn't want her
She's lonely and had no one
She was a believer of God and she feels she was abandoned by him

I feel really sorry for her, it was funny how that bearded bastard got killed by the monk in the manga I was like ha in your face

Humans are terrible things we are no different then the shiki, in fact shiki are better then humans,

Here's my reasons why

Has humans we hurt and kill other out of the stupidest things

Religious beliefs
What we look like
Where we come from
Who we support

Look at hitler he and his generals killed millions of people, and killed Jews.,.gypsy, handicapped ect ect he believed that if you had blond hair blue eyes then your perfect and everyone else was flawed,

Look at 9/11, 7/7, the woolwich incident, the bombings in India, that bombing in Boston ect ect ect these people killed other s just because we didn't follow there beliefs

Look at the kkk they killed loads of people who wasn't white, it's not just them,loads of people who hate and kill each other for not being the same colour as them * idiots *

The shiki didn't kill out of hate or malice the drank blood in order to live that's it, but the humans killed out of hate and malice an paranoia thanks to that asshole doctor

im a shiki supporter

Nov 3, 2013 1:38 AM

Mar 2008
xEmptiness said:

If that's a reasonable reaction (i.e. kill everyone you deem potentially threatening) when under pressure of annihilation, then the Shiki totally did what they should, albeit they were much, much more reasonable than the humans. Notice how even when living in fear every day for the past century, the Shiki chose to make a remote town their home rather than rage induced slaughter throughout Tokyo? That meant the Shiki at least had consideration for humanity using utilitarianism ethics, unlike humans, who literally just snapped.

Only a few points of contention.

You could also argue that the Shiki only targeted a smale scale settlement as a matter of feasible logistics - if it were even possible to take over a city they may have attempted so (who knows). The remoteness and sensibilities (ie. the superstitions, traditions and inclosed nature) of the village all helped work in the Shiki's favour.

If we got into a debate over utilitarian ethics and the Shiki were considerate of all including humans (as you seem to imply) then in the long term they've made things worse; creating an increased number of Shiki who must now consume blood. Some could have gotten out of control, escaped the village, and caused even greater damage or even revealing the secret of their existence to the wider world.

Lastly, you seem to imply that the humans went into an unjustified crazed killing (that part they did) but the fear of being hunted (as a Shiki) that Sunako experienced, even over a period of 100+ years is not necessarily equivalent to the real fear that the villagers suffered where many of them actually were actively hunted, with ridiculous numbers of relatives and friends being killed off.

I know your main issues were with the overzealous guy above, so don't take this as too critical, I agreed with the majority of what you were saying.
CkanNov 3, 2013 1:41 AM
Nov 3, 2013 1:16 AM

Sep 2012
Animefreak17a said:
Red_Keys said:
Animefreak17a said:

Lol you forget that newly made shiki doesn't known what's going on and what happened to them, e.g that old lady who went back to her daughter she didn't suck out her blood because she didn't have know idea what she had become, it's the same with all the other shiki they didn't know til the shiki who came to town taught them what they are and what they have to do

Also if a loved one needed blood my family would gladly take turns giving him/her blood
Yea that might work... until the other Shiki come and devour you.
Nov 3, 2013 1:22 AM

Mar 2008
xEmptiness said:
However if I had the power of mind control, I seriously doubt even taking over a country would be too hard. Arguably the only reason the Shiki even lost was because they were overconfident and chose to taunt certain characters and make their presence known rather than execute their plan efficiently and swiftly.

Definitely agreed, although I believe their mind control may have been to basic for the easy subjugation of humanity (as far as I can recall it). Given their fairly significant weaknesses (the special strain aside) and that the larger their population growth the far greater risk of discovery, (whether such discovery would be too late...) I think anything larger than a small island nation would be pushing the bounds of realism (that the series did subscribe to).

xEmptiness said:
When humans use utilitarian ethics, we don't consider things like chickens to be of equal value to human life (generally). If saving a life would mean killing 1000 chickens, we would do it. If there's an equally viable option that does not require us to kill chickens, we would take that instead.

Likewise, it is not unreasonable to consider that Shiki ethical value will hold their survival and growth above humanity. The idea will be to simply expand Shiki territory while trying to avoid unnecessary harm to humanity.
Ah, well that clarifies your stance, but I think my main point was that from when you said: " the Shiki at least had consideration for humanity using utilitarianism ethics" , however this would not necessarily be true. Their actions may have been reflective of the ideals, but in reality a mere consequence of their purely pragmatic actions. - (I think) that was the interpretation I had in responding.

xEmptiness said:

I did that mostly to counter his points. I believe both my rebuttal and the original author exaggerated the bad parts of human nature. It successfully made the theme more apparent though. As for whether the pain is equivalent, I have no answer.

Oh, I understand. Sometimes you really have to hammer the mole with unrestrained strength to get things through to people (especially around here.)

Red_Keys said:
Hah. I don't know if such a well legitimate answer will work with this guy, as he's quite the Shiki sympathiser. I mean, he uses Hitler, the KKK and fanatical suicide bombers as the human standard while ignoring the sadism, ruthlessness, mind control, indoctrination and what amounts to mass murder committed by the Shiki.
CkanNov 3, 2013 1:28 AM
Nov 3, 2013 1:28 AM

Jul 2012
Red_Keys said:
Animefreak17a said:
Red_Keys said:
Animefreak17a said:

Yeah an being safe with the humans would be better.............. oh wait they kill humans who had ties with the monk, they killed the old man who was being controlled by the shiki, and instead of trying to snap him out of it they killed him, and they killed the humans in the pipes, also

There was a human who was on the shikis side, it was that dude with the big gun and dogs he accepted the shiki and they accepted him, he wasn't a wearwolf or a shiki he was human and wasn't being controlled and they didn't suck his blood,
geekfreak17aNov 3, 2013 2:45 AM

im a shiki supporter

Nov 3, 2013 1:34 AM

Jul 2012
I dare people to read Dance in the vampire bund from chapter 73 and read it to the end,

This series shows how humans and vampires lived if they tried to co-exist , this is shiki if the vampires had a blood substitute, if they wanted to live along side humans,

The humans are down right assholes in this series

Watch the anime then read the manga
Look for this when your reading it,

* go home look in the mirror and you will find a monster *

im a shiki supporter

Nov 3, 2013 1:44 AM

Mar 2008
Animefreak17a said:

That is pretty much the point of the show. Both sides were shown to have people across the whole spectrum; from the completely callous, sadistic and selfish to the kind, powerless and' humane'. A few were probably also at least borderline if not actually deranged, mentally unstable or traumatised by the end of the show however.

On the other hand, you also need to remember that in Shiki, by the time the humans realised what was happening they were already in a state of battling for survival. Given the circumstances where they would have been wiped out if they didn't act, their response was quite justifiable.

Now i'm not saying that a peace between species was impossible, but it was within the events of the series extremely unlikely and unrealistic (a realism that the show strongly tried to maintain). If the hand of peace were to be extended at some point during the show, perhaps then there may have been compromise with much resent and trial. Usually negotiation requires understanding and good-will from both parties, yet there was little good-will to come from secretly feeding off some fifth(?) or more of the village.
CkanNov 3, 2013 1:49 AM
Nov 3, 2013 1:49 AM

Jul 2012
Ckan said:
Animefreak17a said:

That is pretty much the point of the show. Both sides were shown to have people across the whole spectrum; from the completely callous, sadistic and selfish to the kind, powerless and' humane'. A few were probably also at least borderline if not actually deranged, mentally unstable or traumatised by the end of the show however.

On the other hand, you also need to remember that in Shiki, by the time the humans realised what was happening they were already in a state of battling for survival. Given the circumstances where they would have been wiped out if they didn't act, their response was quite justifiable.

Now i'm not saying that a peace between species was impossible, but it was within the events of the series extremely unlikely. If the hand of peace was extended at some point during the show, there may have been compromise with much resent. Usually negotiation requires understanding and good-will from both parties: there was little good-will to come from secretly feeding off some fifth(?) or more of the village.

There was little good will when the humans killed humans at the temple and in the pipes.

im a shiki supporter

Nov 3, 2013 1:53 AM

Mar 2008
Animefreak17a said:
There was little good will when the humans killed humans at the temple and in the pipes.

That's not meant to be a retort, right? Because I am (generally speaking), on the same line as what you said previously and this latest part you've said bears no direct relevance to your quote.
Nov 3, 2013 1:57 AM

Jul 2012
Look at the 12 kingdoms

There was a king who killed his subjects and everyone hated him, the king had a daughter who knew nothing about what her father did to the people she was completely in the dark about it, and when they overthrew the king the kings adviser secretly sent her away to a villiege, after finding out she was the kings daughter the people tried to kill her because of what her dad did, but she didn't even know what the king was doing and was about to be executed but was saved by the former kings adviser,

It's just like shiki they was after the monk and they killed everyone who was related to him,

They knew nothing about what the monk was doing or what was going on and the villagers killed them

It's the same

im a shiki supporter

Nov 3, 2013 2:03 AM

Jul 2012
Ckan said:
Animefreak17a said:

That's not meant to be a retort, right? Because I am (generally speaking), on the same line as what you said previously and this latest part you've said bears no direct relevance to your quote.

The shiki need to drink blood in order to live, also the humans wasn't killing monsters they was killing there neighbours, friends, there family's, the villagers thought the shiki was acting like there former human sleds but was in fact they was still them selfs they had there same personalities when they was human, that bastard doctor convicted them that the shiki was mindless monsters but he was lying and said they are mindless monsters, nothing of what they used to be,

im a shiki supporter

Nov 3, 2013 2:44 AM

Jul 2012
xEmptiness said:
Ckan said:

Now i'm not saying that a peace between species was impossible, but it was within the events of the series extremely unlikely and unrealistic (a realism that the show strongly tried to maintain). If the hand of peace were to be extended at some point during the show, perhaps then there may have been compromise with much resent and trial. Usually negotiation requires understanding and good-will from both parties, yet there was little good-will to come from secretly feeding off some fifth(?) or more of the village.

A well thought out response that is both practical and logical on the forums? It's so rare that I don't know whether I should be absolutely touched or shocked.

Leaving the morality (topic of previous discussions) aside, the humans realistically had 2 choices at the end:
1. Willingly convert into a Shiki.
2. Kill the Shiki.
Both options are justifiable. It's unreasonable to pin all blame on humanity for choosing option 2.

Well.they could of said ok we'll accept you then it could of been better, you forget that dude who was with the shiki and was human

Lets not forget that nurse who became one who refused to drink human blood, it was her choice not to, this shows that the shiki wasn't mindless monsters who wanted human blood

im a shiki supporter

Nov 3, 2013 3:02 AM

Mar 2008
Animefreak17a said:
The shiki need to drink blood in order to live, also the humans wasn't killing monsters they was killing there neighbours, friends, there family's, the villagers thought the shiki was acting like there former human sleds but was in fact they was still them selfs they had there same personalities when they was human, that bastard doctor convicted them that the shiki was mindless monsters but he was lying and said they are mindless monsters, nothing of what they used to be,

Well you're going off on a tangent, but alright, let's ride.

Presumably you're making these points.
1) the Shiki as portrayed by the Dr. were monsters; a 'curse' to be lifted as the metaphor within the series went. - this is certainly true.
2) the Shiki were in fact wholly themselves, having retained their personality and memories. - agreed.
3) the humans were thus murdering 'people', not mindless monsters. - they indeed were killing 'persons' as we understand it, however there is question as to whether they were 'monsters'.

So let's iron out the crinkles.
TLDR ahoy!:
I - Were the Villagers 'Justified' in killing the Shiki.
So while their killings could be construed as murder; it was the only method for the survival of the village; morality questionable.

II - Are the Shiki 'People', 'Humans' or 'Monsters'.

In the end the story isn't really about Humans v Vampires, but people and our fancy literature themes which would be too pretentious to list.

xEmptiness said:

Leaving the morality (topic of previous discussions) aside, the humans realistically had 2 choices at the end:
2. Kill the Shiki.
Both options are justifiable. It's unreasonable to pin all blame on humanity for choosing option 2.

Why did I have to miss your post? I wouldn't have need all these words; I suppose I enjoy reading myself argue up a wall of writing.

While your two choices are exact as I could put (and wish I did), you're missing the most important, the one saved only for last.

Of course that would have been a major stretch, given the way Villagers are. In fact, it's now come to me; the Fourth and best option: The Villagers join-with as the latest collaborators, forming an [un]Holy alliance! First Japan, then the World!

aaand Round 3 @
Animefreak17 said:

Well.they could of said ok we'll accept you then it could of been better, you forget that dude who was with the shiki and was human

Lets not forget that nurse who became one who refused to drink human blood, it was her choice not to, this shows that the shiki wasn't mindless monsters who wanted human blood
Animefreak17a said:

No-one is saying that co-existence wouldn't be the best option in the end, but circumstances within the story made them practically impossible on a large scale.

Look, I know you're trying to say that the Shiki weren't the bad guys per se, but we agree! We get that, we really do (so please try and notice the issues we're addressing). It's a moral pendulum of a story; and that's its purpose and why it's great (the irony is nice too). Good and bad, right and wrong, humans are dicks, humans are nice, society is screwed up, etc. etc.
CkanNov 3, 2013 3:26 AM
Nov 3, 2013 3:23 AM

Jul 2012
Ckan said:
Animefreak17a said:

1) the Shiki as portrayed by the Dr. were monsters; a 'curse' to be lifted as the metaphor within the series went. - this is certainly true.
2) the Shiki were in fact wholly themselves, having retained their personality and memories. - agreed.
3) the humans were thus murdering 'people', not mindless monsters. - they indeed were killing 'persons' as we understand it, however there is question as to whether they were 'monsters'.

TLDR ahoy!:
So while their killings could be construed as murder; it was the only method for the survival of the village; morality questionable.

In the end the story isn't really about Humans v Vampires, but people and our fancy literature themes which would be too pretentious to list.

xEmptiness said:

2. Kill the Shiki.

Why did I have to miss your post? I wouldn't have need all these words; I suppose I enjoy reading myself argue up a wall of writing.

While your two choices are exact as I could put (and wish I did), you're missing the most important, the one saved only for last.

Of course that would have been a major stretch, given the way Villagers are. In fact, it's now come to me; the Fourth and best option: The Villagers join-with as the latest collaborators, forming an [un]Holy alliance! First Japan, then the World!

Animefreak17a said:

TLDR ahoy!:

xEmptiness said:

2. Kill the Shiki.

aaand Round 3 @
Animefreak17a said:

No-one is saying that co-existence wouldn't be the best option in the end, but circumstances within the story made them practically impossible on a large scale.

Look, I know you're trying to say that the Shiki weren't the bad guys per se, but we agree! We get that, we really do (please try and notice the issues we're addressing). It's a moral pendulum of a story; and that's its purpose and why it's great (the irony is nice too). Good and bad, right and wrong, humans are dicks, humans are nice, society is screwed up, etc. etc.

Well at least your not one of those fans who goes * the shiki is evil and the humans was the heroes*

Just a question and this isn't a vs one it's just a question
If someone you loved turned in to a shiki and didn't know what was going on and was begging you to help them what would you do?

Mind if you add me as a friend

im a shiki supporter

Nov 3, 2013 3:27 AM

Mar 2008
Damn you for quoting my royal spaghetti-double quote in all its glory. This is what I get for posting disgustingly long replies from a laptop.

Animefreak17a said:

Well at least your not one of those fans who goes * the shiki is evil and the humans was the heroes*

Just a question and this isn't a vs one it's just a question
If someone you loved turned in to a shiki and didn't know what was going on and was begging you to help them what would you do?

Well that's a pretty steep hypothetical. If it were within 'real' reality and one didn't know they were a Shiki; it's pretty hard to say. You'd obviously help them, not knowing their danger; if/once they attacked well - people do the most surprising things under panic and stress, but I would hope I could get out of it with everybody intact.
You do have to realise the mystical nature of the Shiki curse within the series as a story device, though. When transplanted to our reality, the prospects that come from immortal, regenerating blood-borne super-cells would be of major significance to Society, Geopolitics and SCIENCE! I'd like to think that after a few relatively isolated civil wars and outbreaks we managed to SCIENCE through the Shiki phenomenon and further ourselves into the trans-human immortal super-murdering egotistic bastards we all deserve to be.
CkanNov 3, 2013 3:35 AM
Nov 3, 2013 3:36 AM

Jul 2012
Ckan said:
Damn you for quoting my royal spaghetti-double quote in all its glory. This is what I get for posting disgustingly long replies from a laptop.

No it's just .................... I'm not good with reading long stuff, I'm not being disrespectful, my mind to sleep after reading long stuff, if it's with pictures then its.wide awake lol

im a shiki supporter

Nov 3, 2013 3:39 AM

Mar 2008
xEmptiness said:
Ckan said:

As much as this thread was supposed to be about Sunako, that perfectly sums up the entire vampire vs human thing.

My obsessiveness is forcing me to point out that I forgot to say how in the way of tying things up nicely and with maximum POETIC JUSTICE the village was destroyed anyway. - the show really was better than I remember/gave it credit for.

Animefreak17a said:
No it's just .................... I'm not good with reading long stuff, I'm not being disrespectful, my mind to sleep after reading long stuff, if it's with pictures then its.wide awake lol

I was joking about it [unfunnily]. Don't worry about it.
Nov 3, 2013 3:40 AM

Jul 2012
Ckan said:
xEmptiness said:
Ckan said:

As much as this thread was supposed to be about Sunako, that perfectly sums up the entire vampire vs human thing.

My obsessiveness is forcing me to point out that I forgot to say how in the way of tying things up nicely and with maximum POETIC JUSTICE the village was destroyed anyway. - the show really was better than I remember/gave it credit for.

Animefreak17a said:
Ckan said:

I was joking about it [unfunnily]. Don't worry about it.

Yep no one won

im a shiki supporter

Nov 3, 2013 5:40 AM

Jul 2012
xEmptiness said:
Animefreak17a said:

Help them to the best of my abilities within practical limitations.

If you mean Shiki specifically, does this not sound like infinite regeneration and conditional eternal life to you? Your loved one would have literally turned into the most valuable specimen in human history.

Besides humanity? Just put out a virus that will turn people in to zombies and we'll see how humanity stands, I'd like to see that I'd be the best zombie killing game ever

im a shiki supporter

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 2, 2010

312 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.