Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 7, 2010 7:31 AM

Jan 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Of course most guys would do somethign like that the may Sora was so passionate about her fapping, oh Haru how you can resist when it's futile!

GASP, Sora is BORG?
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Dec 7, 2010 7:40 AM

Oct 2010
SentiNel said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Of course most guys would do something like that the moment they see Sora was so passionate about her fapping, oh Haru how can you resist when it's futile!
GASP, Sora is BORG?
No, but she is the next beauty in anime. Her hair/eye complexion got to me. Not to mention body figure. I would most likely have kids with her if ever I could.
Lefake said:
I really don't appreciate Nao taking this much screen time in this arc which doesn't belong to her
Same here! It does not belong to her, seriously Nao GTFO!
Lefake said:
Also, I predict the existence of Kozue haters emerging during the next 2 eps.
You better believe it from how the preview shows it.
SurferDude said:
...And in other news: Sora has a delicious looking ass.
Damn right! Tight and nice!
SentiNel said:
Infuriated by the censors though. I mean, you can't show tits on a masturbating girl fantacizing about her brother but are perfectly okay displaying the extra character's boobs?

Exactly my thoughts. You showed us all Nao, Akira and a good portion of Kazuha but you can't show those of Sora? WTF is that! Oh I know, milking our wallets. Of course.
SentiNel said:
I kind of had a feeling like that in regards to that moment.
Yumekichi11Dec 7, 2010 7:51 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 7, 2010 8:06 AM

Nov 2008
SurferDude said:

QFT

Also, I just seen a Sora figure in a gym outfit on Play Asia and it pretty much emphasizes her bottom. Now that's showing what the fans like about her.

Dec 7, 2010 8:19 AM

Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

Yeah this is the first time I watch it 3 times. If you count the BD four times each episode of the Sora arc. Now I am a official maniac of Sora. Whereas the other episodes was at most 2 times because sometimes I don't wait for subs, too much hassle.

xD I've liked her since I've learned of the game~ Her Eyes, Her Hair, Her EVERYTHING! How can people not like her
Yumekichi11 said:
Of course most guys would do something like that the moment they see that Sora was so passionate about her fapping, oh Haru how can you resist when it's futile!
QFT. Rofl, seriously, how could he!? A late Westermarck effect?
Dec 7, 2010 8:26 AM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
SurferDude said:
QFTAlso, I just seen a Sora figure in a gym outfit on Play Asia and it pretty much emphasizes her bottom. Now that's showing what the fans like about her.
It's not only that but her legs, waist, hips and skin tone/luster. Hnnnnnnng at that. It's quite the unique geometry, art and form. I will leave it that.

Dec 7, 2010 10:27 AM

Jul 2009
Censorship only on Sora =/
Only because she's tooo hot =P

Haru is a crybaby >_>

Dec 7, 2010 11:05 AM

Nov 2010
during the first half i was like D: i thought the Nao arc was over!
during the second half i was like :D yep, it's over

i was a little dissapointed in the motoka segment this time :/
Dec 7, 2010 11:21 AM

Jan 2010
Sora's definitely the hottest girl in this series :))..

I didn;t watch Nao's arc.. but I think I'll watch it coz looks like Sora's arc is continued from her arc.. so little screen time for Sora but so much for Nao even though this is her arc.. that pisses me off..

And about Haru crying, I can;t see the reason why but my guess is probably because he thinks it's his fault that Sora turned out that way, and didn't realize Sora's feelings, anyway, gonna watch the Nao arc for now..
Dec 7, 2010 12:17 PM

Oct 2010
notzky said:
And about Haru crying, I can;t see the reason why but my guess is probably because he thinks it's his fault that Sora turned out that way, and didn't realize Sora's feelings, anyway, gonna watch the Nao arc for now..
But you should agree with me that it was Nao who was at fault more than anything, once you see her arc you will understand.

In fact I think seeing what Nao did to Haru when they were young warped her lust senses rather in a different way than how she though before. That kiss in the infirmary must have happened but Nao's assault on Haru.

Dec 7, 2010 12:32 PM
Nov 2009
lol the last scene with sora was :D
Dec 7, 2010 12:43 PM

Jul 2009
notzky said:
Sora's definitely the hottest girl in this series :))

Sora wut? I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome Motoka is :))

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Dec 7, 2010 12:47 PM

Apr 2010
why is there still lots of Nao in Sora's arc.. why won't she just go away..

uggh, so I really have to watch Nao's arc first to fully enjoy Sora's?? looks like I need to pass through hell first to reach heaven.. orz

I'm really perplexed that Haru cried after seeing Sora that way, a simple shocked expression would have been better IMO..
Dec 7, 2010 1:01 PM

Nov 2008
I judging from the preview I wonder how they are going to explain their relationship to people. It seems like the class pres will be the first to find out.

It was a tease and why did they censor the parts with Sora? And I applaud Haru, he resisted his urges and did not try to relive himself with Nao.
Dec 7, 2010 1:04 PM

Jun 2010
tinman21 said:
why is there still lots of Nao in Sora's arc.. why won't she just go away..

uggh, so I really have to watch Nao's arc first to fully enjoy Sora's?? looks like I need to pass through hell first to reach heaven.. orz

I'm really perplexed that Haru cried after seeing Sora that way, a simple shocked expression would have been better IMO..

Keep in a mind he's a young teenage boy who's probably mixed feelings with self disgust for realising that he's attracted to his sister(just a guess) and confused as well.

ClementIV said:
I judging from the preview I wonder how they are going to explain their relationship to people. It seems like the class pres will be the first to find out.

It was a tease and why did they censor the parts with Sora? And I applaud Haru, he resisted his urges and did not try to relive himself with Nao.

Just a ploy to get people to buy BD release. They're smart and they know Sora's the most popular girl and people in Japan will buy hers, and they're right.
Dec 7, 2010 1:23 PM

Oct 2010
Geez...Just when it was getting to the good part, this happens. They censored Sora's delicious flat chest, gave Nao too much air time, and from the looks of the preview, made it look like more of Sora's will be stolen by that stupid "iinchou" Kozue.

That's it. I'm gonna go back and play Sora's route in the VN + Fandisk all over again just to get over it.

kokoro_412 said:
where...is..McRib's reply...

Forget him. He'll probably come here and complain something involving religious views again. Something along the lines of how this bro-sis thing is disgusting, immoral, blah blah blah, and that he's glad Nao has been taking so much airtime and hopes they never break up. (Either that, or he decided to drop the anime from here on out)

I'd like to say this exact line for the third darn time, in advance before he even show up. What is a religious person such as himself doing here in an anime which defies morals such as this?

BUT more importantly, I wonder what Kaimax has to say about this episode. I'd really like to see him dare us to give a reasonable and acceptable explaination on why people hate Nao...."Without adding Sora into the equation."

Seriously, I don't know what the hell wrong with me and why I'm even taking the time to complain about this, but what these two say usually seem to rub me the wrong way.
Dec 7, 2010 2:02 PM

Jul 2010
Someone tell me why the rapist Nao is still in the series? And shes damn perky in this arc WTF? Seeing Sora is nice, but I think I've built up an immunity to seeing her in her Sun dress cuz I don't get wide eyed thinking KAWAII as much now. More outfits like kimono maybe? But seeing her in the motoko thing on the cell phone was nice. Damn Haru could've saved us an episode by dumping Nao and taking Sora shopping. But I guess by the next episode's title, Sora gonna make a failure O_o
Dec 7, 2010 2:45 PM

Oct 2009
If I see Nao blushing ONE MORE TIME in Sora's arc, I will...

Some of the gentlemen in here question Haru's behavior when he saw Sora masturbating. It's never easy to decide whether or not to have an incestuous relationship when your head is filled with morals (like earlier, in the classroom). I thought it was obvious that he cried because he knew something as taboo as (tw)incest was going to happen now. It makes it all the more realistic, instead of jumping the gun, like you'd maybe expect from this anime.

I'm looking forward to reactions to the incest next episode, I think I saw something in the preview there... 8)
Dec 7, 2010 2:52 PM

Apr 2010
Some people stated on the Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai topics the Kirino is one of the worst characters in Anime.
But they are wrong Sora's is far worse.
Kirino is spoiled but at least she under takes steps herself instead of asking her brother to do everything to her, tho he does allot for her.
Sora can't do anything for herself at all she is always asking her brother.
And even tho Kirino can be a bitch she smiles allot and is happy most of the time while Sora is pretty much pessimistic all the time.
I won't mention anything about Sora's appearance but as personality goes she is probably the worst character this season.
And like i said before she is just a spoiled pessimistic and annoying brat.
I also agree with the statement of Helur last week that most people would just dislike her if there wasn't any incest involved.
And the opposite of this statement is true for Kirino more people would like her if incest was involved.
In other words people just like taboo, there is no other reason for it.
Dec 7, 2010 2:55 PM

Jan 2010
I am disgusted by this episode. The sheer idea that he would defile the holy bond between siblings disgusts me. I don't see how a child of God could do such a thing. I don't even know if I can handle this anymore...I've seen some blasphemous stuff but this takes the cake. As a Christian anime viewer I am completely offended.
Ok™
Dec 7, 2010 3:01 PM

Feb 2010
Sora arc delivers as expected.

Now just have Sora kill Nao and I will forgive this show for all the previous let downs.
Dec 7, 2010 3:05 PM

Nov 2008
PerZona said:
Sora arc delivers as expected.

Now just have Sora kill Nao and I will forgive this show for all the previous let downs.

I agree with you there, Nao dying would do more justice to this anime than the nice boat ending of School Days.

Dec 7, 2010 3:12 PM

Feb 2010
Yay! I knew they would have a scene of her masturbating. Now time for the classroom BJ and the in bed titfuk ;o

Yumekichi11 said:
He cries like a little kid? WTF is that! Come on at least show us you would jerk off to that like many other guys I have seen on hentais. Haru you dissapoint me of all people again!

Well if you were to catch your sister masturbating while saying your name, how would you react? You won't whacking off would you unless you're like that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2010 3:18 PM
Oct 2010
McRib said:
I am disgusted by this episode. The sheer idea that he would defile the holy bond between siblings disgusts me. I don't see how a child of God could do such a thing. I don't even know if I can handle this anymore...I've seen some blasphemous stuff but this takes the cake. As a Christian anime viewer I am completely offended.

Oh great. It's you...

Do you really feel the need to preach like that every single episode discussion? Just drop it or deal with it.
Dec 7, 2010 3:23 PM

Sep 2009
hahahaahahahahaha....Sora masturbating at the end of the episode was sheer delight to my hentai-o-meeter

and LOL @ Haru for crying when he saw that. He needs to eat a bar of Snickers and get some nuts...that pussy!
Dec 7, 2010 3:25 PM

Oct 2010
MelbShaw said:
Yay! I knew they would have a scene of her masturbating. Now time for the classroom BJ and the in bed titfuk ;o
Yumekichi11 said:
He cries like a little kid? WTF is that! Come on at least show us you would jerk off to that like many other guys I have seen on hentais. Haru you dissapoint me of all people again!

Well if you were to catch your sister masturbating while saying your name, how would you react? You won't whacking off would you unless you're like that.
If you are comparing to something of IRL, I did not want to put this opinion of this view type here goes: I think it could sadness that his sister acts like this towards him and this also applies to me.

In any case you forgot that both got corrupted already, one by Nao and the other one by seeing that very act as well as experiencing a kiss from her brother. Haru just has to accept it.

Dec 7, 2010 3:28 PM

Jan 2009
This episode reminded me of Koi Kaze, not only for the obvious and lazy connection, but because it actually approached the problem with drama and realism.

Haru, compared to the megaplayboy that he was in the Akira and Kazuha arcs, now feels like a human being. When you realize a desire for something society has taught you is absolutely wrong, when you know if it happens it will hurt people (including another girl you do love and are trying to be in a relationship with), and will probably hurt the person that also wants it the worst, you would feel like crap too. It would have been silly for Haru to jump Sora; he desires her as a woman, but loves her as a sister and has been a surrogate father. For it to be painless wouldn't make sense.

I find it interesting how Nao's arc made it really easy for one to take side with Sora, but Sora's arc makes it easy to take Nao's side. It's all a matter of perspective.
Dec 7, 2010 3:46 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS DELICIOUS:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 7, 2010 4:15 PM
Dec 2010
In other words people just like taboo, there is no other reason for it

I disagree. Sora being such a fan favorite is well grounded in common sense. For one, harem manga/anime and visual novels (which Yosuga no Sora is based on) cater to the wish fulfillment principle. People who can't be in the situation presented in media get to live it out vicariously. So it makes sense that so many would like Sora's character since Haru is always passing over her devotion to him in favor of other girls; the natural reaction (to them) is to think, "But I would do things differently, if it were me."

For two, Haruka is the most intimate with Sora (could argue Nao too, but Sora/Haruka have lived together). It is generally more satisfying to see a deeply rooted relationship blossom into romance than to see an entirely new relationship begin (with exceptions depending on execution, level of involvement, etc.).

And for three and above all, Sora's dependency on Haruka touches a lot of people, I'm sure. She's physically weak; she's anti-social; and she just lost her parents. There's deep emotional attachment to her brother, there. To see her needs fulfilled perhaps fulfills (in a way) the unsatisfied personal needs of some viewers.

That said, I personally enjoyed the Kazuha arc. I'm a little put off by this anime because of the adult content, but it could be worse (in which case I probably wouldn't be watching it). The music got me at first, long before I realized it was a harem anime. But I'll watch it through the end.

I find it interesting how McRib manages to get so many people to care . . . and care more than perhaps he himself does? Seeing as he only posts once per discussion . . . this could be an epic prank for all you know, couldn't it?
Dec 7, 2010 4:37 PM

Jul 2010

I think he was jerking it at first.. but later came to sense that it is his own little sister he is fapping to.. then felt sick and sad cus its just wrong
Dec 7, 2010 4:55 PM

Aug 2010
Oh wow, Sora is really bold. :D
What is that Violin piece?!?!?! ITs sooo good!!

I guess it would be pretty hard NOT to fap in that situation.
Dec 7, 2010 5:02 PM

Dec 2009
Alright, so this episode I really loved. And I actually can stand Haru for once! >w> Lovin' this arc already.
Dec 7, 2010 5:10 PM

Nov 2009
I can't wait to Nao get dumped on her ass...I mean, OMG Sora! (seriously i was more excited about the former this episode.)

ATX censoring Sora? Whats up with that. I have to say the last scene was pretty good in more than just the fact that it was Sora. I have to say i don't like her because of the incest but because after the first arc she is the only other interesting character.
(Good 7/10)
Dec 7, 2010 5:31 PM

Nov 2008
Calib said:

I think he was jerking it at first.. but later came to sense that it is his own little sister he is fapping to.. then felt sick and sad cus its just wrong

Indeed :D

He experienced the same thing as this link below:

read until 11th or 12th page to see what I mean
DenjaXDec 7, 2010 5:38 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 7, 2010 5:41 PM

Sep 2010
Lelouch_X said:
Censorship only on Sora =/
Only because she's tooo hot =P

QFT

McRib said:

Ok, why watch this then? Seriously. I'm a Christian myself but I, not once have complained about that. If you seriously think it's wrong then why bother watch up 'til now? Isn't it wrong from the start? Seriously, Premarital Sex, Underage'd Sex, What more?
Dec 7, 2010 5:46 PM

Dec 2009
I screamed: WTF?!?! a million times after the ED song came on...jeez, i felt so cheated!! Have to say this is one of the most interesting episodes and even though I don't mind Nao, I'm getting tired of her arc now..next week PLEASE fly by so I can see epi 11!!!
Signatures were meant to be:

A. Flashy (40% of MAL users)
B. Creative (56% of MAL users)
C. Cool (4% of MAL users)
D. None of the above (your signature)

Dec 7, 2010 6:11 PM

Jul 2009
notathome said:
I disagree. Sora being such a fan favorite is well grounded in common sense. For one, harem manga/anime and visual novels (which Yosuga no Sora is based on) cater to the wish fulfillment principle. People who can't be in the situation presented in media get to live it out vicariously. So it makes sense that so many would like Sora's character since Haru is always passing over her devotion to him in favor of other girls; the natural reaction (to them) is to think, "But I would do things differently, if it were me."

In short, it just shows YOUR own subjective view. What wish fulfillment principle? This principle can also be applied to other girls besides Sora too, and the "many" you mentioned is "Sora's fans" amirite? ;)

For two, Haruka is the most intimate with Sora (could argue Nao too, but Sora/Haruka have lived together). It is generally more satisfying to see a deeply rooted relationship blossom into romance than to see an entirely new relationship begin (with exceptions depending on execution, level of involvement, etc.).

It is not "generally", it's 50/50 at best. This whole knowing each other since childhood is getting old. And yes, it does depend on execution & blablabla but from what I see here, all of the girls have the same shallow share of character development so why should one be superior than others when all I know about her is that she's a good-looking spoiled brat who has a bro-con? And please don't bring that novel shit into this since we're talking about the ANIME, TY~

And for three and above all, Sora's dependency on Haruka touches a lot of people, I'm sure. She's physically weak; she's anti-social; and she just lost her parents. There's deep emotional attachment to her brother, there. To see her needs fulfilled perhaps fulfills (in a way) the unsatisfied personal needs of some viewers.

She's not the only one with pitiable circumstance, hon'. Pretty sure that ADHD girl in the 2nd arc is as pitiable, if not more. Even Nao too as she's a victim of childhood trauma. But in a way, you're correct regarding the "dependency" part as men tend to be idiots who like to play the shining knight in pink armor whenever they see a DO-ABLE girl shedding (crocodile) tears and thnx to that, many can lead a prosperous life outta it... Anyway, this strategy worked wonderfully seeing how many suckers for Sora there are here...

And another point I may suggest is regarding looks: If you look at all the girls, obviously Sora stands out the most and since we know that most people only care about looks so even if the girl is brain dead, they will prefer her over one who's less attractive. Sometimes I wonder what'd happen if Nao or any other girl switch role with Sora... That, complimented with Aversa's point regarding people's obsession with taboos, makes perfect sense concerning the mass' ridiculous behavior: "I like Sora because she's hot, has a nice ass, I love WINCEST even though I may or may not even watch any show with WINCEST in it, I wonder what WINCEST even means... but Imma just jump in teh wagon anyway. Oh my! Poor Sora, she's all alone and acting like a bitch to Haru but since my ***** likes her (looks), Imma like her as well, even if she's a pain in the ass to deal with"

I find it interesting how McRib manages to get so many people to care . . . and care more than perhaps he himself does? Seeing as he only posts once per discussion . . . this could be an epic prank for all you know, couldn't it?

It's for LULZ man, and sadly there are sooooo many SRS BZNZ people who got TRAP'D. Successful troll is successful 8-)

Dec 7, 2010 6:13 PM

Sep 2010
Sartaj said:

He's probably just a troll trying to see what kind of reactions he'd get from that statement. Don't read in to it too much.

yeah, just wanted to troll back and stuff.

mizsphinx said:

What's better, I'd like to see him/her handle Koi Kaze hehehe

Eh? I think Koi Kaze is safer than YnS, other than the fact that they thought about committing suicide and that their parents are alive. Well it's just me.
Dec 7, 2010 6:21 PM

Jan 2007
Wow, Sora was very cunning this episode. I love it. And what a twist at the end there with Sora mastu-HHNNNNNGGGGHHHHHHHH.
Dec 7, 2010 7:09 PM
Dec 2010
In short, it just shows YOUR own subjective view. What wish fulfillment principle? This principle can also be applied to other girls besides Sora too, and the "many" you mentioned is "Sora's fans" amirite? ;)

No. My favorite character isn't even Sora, and I'm not particularly interested in this arc. I'm only saying that there is usually intrinsic motivation for human interest, and I'm trying to justify that interest rationally. Making this personal doesn't substantiate the argument, anyway; only logic can do that, so I'll stick to that.

Yes, wish fulfillment theory can be applied to any aspect of any media form. However, the extent of wish fulfillment depends on the target audience. This is a shounen/seinen anime. That many of its viewers are more sympathetic to Sora is natural. Show me in what fashion you would apply wish fulfillment to the other girls, and I can probably approach the Sora side with twice as many cogent explanations.

Let's take, I don't know, Kazuha-Haruka. The basis of this relationship is that two strangers who meet, take an interest in each other that can be called artistic in certain ways (the instrument, her connection to her father, etc.); this is a fairly common scenario that audience members can relate to. If you've been to college you'll know that it's pretty easy to get a date/girlfriend/boyfriend, and it's almost as easy in high school (maybe easier depending on culture). Members of the seinen/shounen audience can already relate to this setup. Wish fulfillment can still be applied, but not to everyone in the target audience.

Now, let's take Sora. She's lived with Haruka for a long time; they share a familial bond; they're bound by common loss (their parents); Haruka is in a way Sora's caretaker. To see a romantic relationship develop in this situation--not including the fact that they're blood-related--is natural, but doesn't happen so often in real life, especially for the depicted age group. Thus, this kind of situation applies much less commonly to the target audience, and the wish fulfillment theory kicks in here.

It has less to do with social taboos and more to do with placement of audience. In other words, show the average teenage male a character who wins a boxing match, and wish fulfillment only minimally applies; show the average teenage male a character who defeats Godzilla, and wish fulfillment will definitely apply.

It is not "generally", it's 50/50 at best.

Go take a look at most harem manga or anime--and I may be wrong on this; do correct me, because I haven't read a lot of harem manga or watched much anime in general--and then look at popularity polls. Do you notice that the main heroine, or the one whose relationship with the hero is most developed, is the most popular? This is not a phenomenon unique to Yosuga no Sora, and it has relatively few exceptions of which I'm aware (but then again I have limited experience with the genre).

Sora's had 1.) the most screen time to build anticipation of her arc, both because her arc is last and because she lives with Haru and so is involved in a lot of scenes (in Kazuha's arcs she was shown home alone fairly often); 2.) the strongest connection to the anime as a concept (the opening song is almost all about her, and the title features a distanced reflection of her character, even sharing her literal name); and 3.) has known Haruka the longest.

When I say "old relationships" I'm not just talking about the idea of being childhood friends, living together, etc. Those are the foundations on which the relationship rests in this case, yes, but I'm talking about general intimacy as portrayed in a media form, and in this case that involves their childhood together. The childhood is inseparable from the development of their romantic relationship, but it's by no means the only reason one might find said relationship emotionally compelling.

All the girls get arcs, but the anime gears you toward Sora's arc, in other words.

Case in point: Sora qtd as saying "it has all been a dream, even the affair with Nao." This is the voice of the anime pounding it in that Sora IS the final/main character. Why wouldn't she be the most popular character by a decent margin?

By way of analogy: in a Twilight poll, Edward/Robert Pattinson would win out over Jacob/Taylor Lautner any day. But reverse the roles, without reversing the personalities/relationships, and the polls switch, guaranteed.

I agree you with subjectively on looks, even though I'm mostly talking from an objective standpoint. But I still disagree on the effect of the "wincest" aspect on her fanbase. I think it's less about taboos (because, let's be honest, few of us would do our sisters . . . I hope; and if this were about anal sex, a fairly strong social taboo in its own right, I doubt the fanbase would be as absolutely rabid) and more about the audience/the way the anime has played out.

By contrast, Amagami. It never ever focuses on one central heroine, and all get about equal screen time even outside of their arcs. The fanbase is evenly divided.
Dec 7, 2010 7:28 PM

Oct 2007
Wow. They kinda sorta managed to give Sora a semblance of a personality/ emotional tether. Welp been waiting for the wincest so I guess this ep was ok.
Dec 7, 2010 7:28 PM

Jul 2010
notathome said:

No. My favorite character isn't even Sora, and I'm not particularly interested in this arc.

I stopped reading after this.
Dec 7, 2010 7:33 PM

Feb 2008
UNHOLY MOTHER OF BELZEBUB, WTF WITH THE CENSOR!!!!, WASS TERRIBLE!!

Like this ep 7/10

Dec 7, 2010 7:41 PM

Aug 2009
I couldn't help but feel somewhat disturbed by this episode.

-Haruka's inner conflict: while the tears may have been a bit much, I can understand that he's justifiably freaked out. I'm sure he'd want nothing more than for Sora to have a normal, happy life, but after what he saw, all chances for that are pretty much shot at this point.

-Sora's behavior: there have been flashes of her clingy manipulative behavior in past episodes, but it was on in full force here. Honestly, it feels like she has dependent personality disorder. I'd say she needs psychological help more than Haruka's meat stick.

-Where Nao fits into all of this: while I understand Haruka's desire to suppress his incestuous feelings for what he believes to be the greater good of himself and Sora, using his relationship with Nao as little more than a mental block doesn't sit right with me. Say what you will about her, all I see is a nice girl in love with her boyfriend. Yes there's that whole rape deal but if they're both OK with it, who's to interfere? The same logic can be used to justify the incest everyone seems so fine with.

Kind of a lengthy post, but I really can't help myself when it seems like every other post is either "lololol wincest" or "fuck that four-eyed bitch." I know I'm probably taking this too seriously and am likely getting trolled, it's just... difficult. It's a fine line, trying to post something vaguely intelligent without coming off like an elitist asshole (which is probably what happens most of the time). Sorry.
LightningRamielDec 7, 2010 8:04 PM
Ha-cha!
Dec 7, 2010 8:03 PM

Jun 2010
LightningRamiel said:
I couldn't help but feel somewhat disturbed by this episode.

-Haruka's inner conflict: while the tears may have been a bit much, I can understand that he's justifiably freaked out. I'm sure he'd want nothing more than for Sora to have a normal, happy life, but after what he saw, all chances for that are pretty much shot at this point.

-Sora's behavior: there have been flashes of her clingy manipulative behavior in past episodes, but it was on in full force here. Honestly, it feels like she has dependent personality disorder. I'd say she needs psychological help more than Haruka's meat stick.

-Where Nao fits into all of this: while I understand Haruka's desire to suppress his incestuous feelings for what he believes to be the greater good of himself and Sora, using his relationship with Nao as little more than a mental block doesn't sit right with me. Say what you will about her, all I see is a nice girl in love with her boyfriend. Yes there's that whole rape deal but if they're both OK with it, who's to interfere? The same logic can be used to justify the incest everyone seems so fine with.

Long post is long, but I really can't help myself when it seems like every other post is either "lololol wincest" or "fuck that four-eyed bitch." I know I'm probably taking this too seriously and am likely getting trolled, it's just... difficult. It's a fine line, trying to post something vaguely intelligent without coming off like an elitist asshole (which is probably what happens most of the time). Sorry.

You're right, but remember Haru was having wild fantasies about Sora throughout the show, too. It goes a lot more beyond just wanting her to be happy. She needs more than his meat stick, but his fantasies show he wants to give it to her, which makes him very confused and ashamed (hence the tears).
Dec 7, 2010 8:04 PM

May 2010
I hope the drama will be good this time..

BTW, the maid got serious scenes??
Dec 7, 2010 8:20 PM
Dec 2010
Calib said:
notathome said:

No. My favorite character isn't even Sora, and I'm not particularly interested in this arc.

I stopped reading after this.

Hey, at least it's meaningful discussion beyond "Nao sucks."
Dec 7, 2010 8:37 PM

Aug 2010
I just have to say one thing: Sora masturbating = greatness!
Dec 7, 2010 8:46 PM

Sep 2009
prismheart said:
I just have to say one thing: Sora masturbating = greatness!

lol the greatness even made Haruka burst into tears xD
Dec 7, 2010 9:21 PM

Nov 2010
That's how it usually starts isn't it, atleast in anime? Brother walking in his sister's masturbating about him.

What's the hell's up with Ryouhei? If I was Haru, I'd break his nose. You don't get into a guy's face to get with his sister then imply that he's doing something to her.
Dec 7, 2010 9:21 PM

Jul 2009
notathome said:
Making this personal doesn't substantiate the argument, anyway; only logic can do that, so I'll stick to that.

Cool. You're one of the few who can speak objectively instead of those pro-insert faction- fans I've tried to make a coherent argument with =)

Thus, this kind of situation applies much less commonly to the target audience, and the wish fulfillment theory kicks in here.

Pardon my ignorance but how does it differ from 'taboos' then? Taboos also don't occur very often IRL too

show the average teenage male a character who defeats Godzilla, and wish fulfillment will definitely apply.

It's the desire for something unexpected to happen right? And in the case we're talking about, it's the audience's wish for something unexpected, in which case it's related to Haru & Sora. And since Sora is Haru's sis, it becomes a taboo. It might be your 'wish fulfillment' or whatever you want, but in this specific case, your W.F takes on the form of a taboo and I don't think Aversa was wrong when he/she was making that generalization.

Go take a look at most harem manga or anime--and I may be wrong on this; do correct me, because I haven't read a lot of harem manga or watched much anime in general--and then look at popularity polls. Do you notice that the main heroine, or the one whose relationship with the hero is most developed, is the most popular?

It might be. The reason I said "might" is because of the fact that when you analyze said popular characters, they all share the same personalities of what I call a "generic main heroine". From my observation & some IRL encounters, I can safely assume that those girls have the desired traits of a dream girl whom most JPnese wanna STICK IT IN. With that factor added, there's only 1/2 chance to definitely conclude that "knowing each other since childhood" is the cause for their popularity. And if we can count on New Type's character poll, it might show a wholly different aspect of popularity....

Sora's had 1.) the most screen time to build anticipation of her arc, both because her arc is last and because she lives with Haru and so is involved in a lot of scenes (in Kazuha's arcs she was shown home alone fairly often); 2.) the strongest connection to the anime as a concept (the opening song is almost all about her, and the title features a distanced reflection of her character, even sharing her literal name); and 3.) has known Haruka the longest.

1) In some characters' arc, her presence is nonexistent

2) It's not the first time that an anime features a certain character then shifts focus on another

3) It's verbally mentioned. It wasn't shown to attract more sympathy from viewers, I feel slightly annoyed at the nerve of some people who claimed that this anime is similar to Koi Kaze due to that fact. In KK, the characters' relationship is very well defined since it focuses mostly on 2 characters of interest; meanwhile, this anime's focusing scope is way too large so each heroine gets the same treatment and most development needed to mark the difference between the true heroine vs. minor ones is visually absent.

Case in point: Sora qtd as saying "it has all been a dream, even the affair with Nao." This is the voice of the anime pounding it in that Sora IS the final/main character. Why wouldn't she be the most popular character by a decent margin?

I don't remember which ep that is. And if it happened to be in her arc, then I'm sorry to break this to you but in that case, it should make her look more special than others since it's HER arc after all. However, if that line was in other characters' arc then yes, it should give her an edge.

By way of analogy: in a Twilight poll, Edward/Robert Pattinson would win out over Jacob/Taylor Lautner any day. But reverse the roles, without reversing the personalities/relationships, and the polls switch, guaranteed.

Not reading Twilight since I was tired after reading pages dedicated solely of emphasizing how good-looking the dude is =/

So, I don't have any knowledge that I can generate into arguments here...

But I still disagree on the effect of the "wincest" aspect on her fanbase. I think it's less about taboos (because, let's be honest, few of us would do our sisters . . . )

But this is NOT REAL, mind you? And since it's fictional, some can wish for crazy things that'd give them excitement that mundane IRL is unable to provide. And like I said, some just jump on the band wagon w/o even watching any of those "WINCEST" anime. I saw the same thing happened with the "NICE BOAT" meme where some posters didn't even watch a single ep of the original anime to know why it is the way it is, and they just casually throw that in any romance anime. Why? Well, I guess it's "1337" to do so, or to be an attention whore, to be funny, etc... So the same thing may very well happen here, some might genuinely wanna watch the WINCEST because they have such fetishes, some seeking for excitement because it's "taboo", and some who are Sora's fans even before the anime's airing.

By contrast, Amagami. It never ever focuses on one central heroine, and all get about equal screen time even outside of their arcs. The fanbase is evenly divided.

Amagami gives the same treatment to class rep: She got slightly more screen time than others, she is on the cover of the game & her arc is dead last, not to mention she has the typical characteristics of a "generic heroine". The format of Amagami and this is practically the same, minus the angst + sex scenes. The slight difference is that her hype as the main heroine is toned down in her respective plot compared to Sora.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nozomu - Oct 18, 2010

287 by DemhatTks16 »»
Apr 11, 10:41 AM

» How can I add hanime in the app (Android)

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 26

12 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 28, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dunkmaru - Dec 20, 2010

513 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Nov 22, 2010

230 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zimno - Nov 8, 2010

185 by Obscurantist »»
Feb 20, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.