Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 5, 2010 8:21 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
As usual, more changes to the OP theme. Not too many, but they're still there.

Screenshots of some of the changes (warning, large screenshots):

Lol, Ayase is pretty mean this episode, kicking Kyousuke at all. Not like it wasn't expected though :P

I was surprised that Kirino's friend (not Ayase, someone else) decided to participate in the contest cosplaying as Meruru. Was hilarious (especially the "kira" part :P)

This episode's artwork (also large):

Dec 5, 2010 9:28 AM
Jun 2008

ω
MorningGloryDec 6, 2010 1:04 AM
Dec 5, 2010 9:29 AM

Nov 2007
Cosplay to get the figure for Kirino is nice, but it's that little girl who does it.

Wow, such a long title for ED!! "Iie, Tomu wa Imouto ni Taishite Seiteki na Koufun wo Oboete imasu (いいえ、トムは妹に対して性的な興奮をおぼえています)"

Summary
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 5, 2010 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
Lol flatchesti ftw.
Ayase ftw, now that we know it have a dead Rute in the game, is even more scary xD
i guess it was an ok episode, it could be better of course but well.
at least it was entertaiment, in comparison of other caps.. it was pretty meh.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=274837

this make me fear the worst for the last episodes...
Dec 5, 2010 10:05 AM

Jun 2009
lol Kirino got nose bleed watching her friend pose as Meruru.
Dec 5, 2010 11:25 AM

Oct 2010
Kuro4735 said:
As usual, more changes to the OP theme. Not too many, but they're still there. Screenshots of some of the changes (warning, large screenshots):

You missed some amazing ones worth mentioning such as a rather tasty breasted vilain from Meruru in the below spoiler

Could this be the same girl from the maid cafe being a announcer in the show of this episode in the spoiler below

Nice cosplay appearances in the spoiler below
Epic face off of Kirino VS Kuroneko the spoiler below
Add to that the faces and I love much more Kuroneko's one because Kirino looks way too evil in the spoiler below
Kyousuke's background changes again but I do wonder what the first one's billboard is showing, looks like Index copy of some kind and the second pic I don't know what that building is in the spoiler below
Kirino's running background changes at first to her figurine collection of Meruru but the interesting part is that it switches to a crane machine of Meruru in the spoiler below
Screen computer pic change again looks like it's Meruru related but what exactly is it in the spoiler below
Kuro4735 said:
I love it! It's saved and good job on those pics, high quality pays off.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 5, 2010 11:31 AM

Oct 2010
omg full of win, first ayases reaction than the pissed of meruru singing the ed.
laughed my ass of when they showed wotagei xD
Dec 5, 2010 1:25 PM

Oct 2010
Other than having a nice comparing of the OP changes with Kuro4735, which unfortunately took a good chunk of space to pinpoint most of the changes, I am pleased to remark of the possible escalation to come between Kirino and Kuroneko, most likely over Kyousuke. That poor person did not deserve that slap/ Somehow that one slap pissed me off for some reason, I am highly assuming it was the least of all slaps he deserved in the entire anime show not to mention the least reasonable one.

That being said the Ayase kick was also ouch pretty much despite Kyousuke clearly showing positive intentions of guiding Ayase in choosing the right present for Kirino. Which reminds me that Kirino showed her collection of Meruru to Ayase and so shows more trust towards Ayase. There was also 2 references to F/N Stay (1 and 2). In any case Ayase over-reacted on Kyousuke.

Finally Kanako blew me off so much with her Meruru dancing and memorization of the song not to mention the movements. I knew she could only be a pro in this field and in her case with practice since she mentions Idol auditions at some point. I swear I re-winded that part over 4 times at least. Another interesting thing is Kirino noticing she is over reacting at some point. Too tired, will leave it at that but a interesting title this should have had:
I can't believe I went through all this shit to make my sister happy over a present!

Dec 5, 2010 1:52 PM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

You missed some amazing ones worth mentioning such as a rather tasty breasted vilain from Meruru

Yea, I realized that I didn't get the better parts, but I was in a rush earlier today, so I just uploaded whatever few I clicked on real quick.

Poor Bridget, she was disillusioned by Kanako this episode :P

Dec 5, 2010 2:33 PM

Sep 2009
Looking back, this series should prob of been called "my big brother can't be this awesome"

oh good god, poor Kyo always has to act as the 'cleaner'

still, I want a second season....To bad the series will derail from the novel at ep 11 T_T
Dec 5, 2010 5:05 PM
Oct 2010
Inarius said:
Looking back, this series should prob of been called "my big brother can't be this awesome"

oh good god, poor Kyo always has to act as the 'cleaner'

still, I want a second season....To bad the series will derail from the novel at ep 11 T_T

This episode was pretty derailed already. It took story elements from LN volume 5 (with a tad of vol6 mashed together, I think), yet the main story still hasn't gone past the plot for volume 4.

Not that it's a bad thing. Just pointing that out.
Dec 5, 2010 6:02 PM

May 2008
Honestly there have been few characters in all the anime I've watched that I hated so much as Kirino, she is downright unlikable and pretty much the definition of what I hate in the anime fandom.
Dec 5, 2010 6:17 PM

Nov 2008
Ayase's kick was awesome and her friend is a hot tsundere loli especially when cosplaying as Meruru, and man I'm loving Ayase when she's all tsun tsun, it beats her yandere side by miles. Kirino also was overdoing it with the cheering in the audience which was very uneccesary.

Dec 5, 2010 7:24 PM

Mar 2010

Kanako + Meruru + Yukari Tamura => You can’t go wrong with this epic combo. XD

Dec 5, 2010 7:49 PM

Feb 2008
Kanako almost hit her with the staff.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 5, 2010 8:39 PM

Jul 2008
Great ep!

stevewiess01 said:

So true!
Dec 5, 2010 9:23 PM

Oct 2009
This Ayase is omg cute. Man... I just love this show.

*KIRA* - Kanakana-chan
YanofliesDec 5, 2010 9:33 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2010 9:47 PM

Apr 2010
lol @ Kirino's nosebleed
Dec 5, 2010 9:53 PM

Sep 2007
Typical violent Kirino. Acting all snarky and then slapping Kyousuke when he actually talks back. Disgusting. At least Kanako made up for this episode. She is damn hilarious. Kyousuke's looking pretty damn sharp with his slicked back hair and suit and shades too.
WasabiDec 5, 2010 11:35 PM
Dec 5, 2010 9:59 PM
Jul 2008
Now I hope people who hate kirino complain about kanako too.
She's as annoying and not nearly half as cute.

The battle kuroneko vs kirino in the opening was awesome.
Dec 5, 2010 10:06 PM

Jun 2010
Cosplay event was pretty amusing. I've never been to one, but I wouldn't be surprised if that audience is right on the money. Kanako's kind of cute, or at the very least, seems like less of a bitch than Kirino.

Was more than happy for Ayase in this episode to have a semi-main role. She's so great.
Dec 5, 2010 10:21 PM

Jul 2008
Guess all the models are spoiled abusive bitches
Dec 5, 2010 11:02 PM

Sep 2010
i loved it!
Dec 5, 2010 11:05 PM

Aug 2010
Most female characters in this show are bitches and my hatred towards them grows after every episode. Except for Kuroneko and Saori.
Dec 5, 2010 11:05 PM

Jul 2010
Loved the episode but Kanako is such a bitch! Totally a spoiled brat! Must every girl has to literally hit Kyousuke! I really do feel sorry for him. The physical and verbal fights in almost every episode.
At first, my guess for the present for Kirino would be a cosplay for her but turns out to be slightly different from what I expected. (I never read the manga before)
Dec 5, 2010 11:06 PM

Feb 2010
Haha wow, that was awesome
Kirino got a nosebleed too~
Dec 5, 2010 11:22 PM

Sep 2008
Ugh crappy episode, at least it wasn't filler but they picked some thing really unimportant to make an episode about.

Are they purposely trying to make Kirino into more of a detestable cunt or some thing?
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Dec 5, 2010 11:26 PM

Oct 2009
JustRad said:
Guess all the models are spoiled abusive bitches

Kanakana-chan is no model though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2010 11:29 PM
May 2010
Ayase performed a reallly nice kick, and in perfect form too. Kirino's slap is a bit too much through
Dec 5, 2010 11:35 PM

Oct 2007
stevewiess01 said:

made my night at work^^
Dec 5, 2010 11:38 PM
Nov 2010
From close to no real appearance, to, in my opinion, stealing the episode, Kanako gave us, the viewers, an actual character to like, love, or hate. Gonna say, she went from "meh" to "yay" in a heartbeat.

Her performance was baffling, to say the least.

Moving on...

Ayase got another chance to appeal to viewers after the controversial Yandere spam of Episode 5. Good to see that she's been partially integrated into Kirino's hobby.

Kirino the same as ever, big surprise, eh? Will say, though, that slap had some serious rage... Her cheering put all those guys up front to shame. I know I cringed.

Saori and Ruri got their generally appreciated appearances and provided helpful insight once again. Saori with the :3? Screenshotted for definitively great justice.

Not much to say for Kyosuke. He's still being the manly man, pin cushion, punching bag, etc... Phoenix Wright looking hairdo was a plus.

Just an overall good, to great, episode, not really lingering during any part, and keeping the viewer generally entertained. Considering the overall series, there's no real reason this episode should score lower than 3. But to each their own, I'm giving 5/5.
Dec 5, 2010 11:42 PM

Aug 2010
5/5

This episode was pretty much win, due to kanakana. I just wish she had a more likeable character ^^" one Tsundere is enough. And Deretsun!Ayase was unexpected and full of win. And OMG, I LOVED the performance.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Dec 5, 2010 11:45 PM

Sep 2010
why everyone hating on kirino?
I accepted her as a tshundre bitch long time ago.
I think its cute when she brought back old "Kira" scene from episode 7 =/
Sure she is a bitchy to Kyousuke, but that's her character. I don't really hate her.
Today episode, i think KIRA and ayasse brought the episode up!
Kanakana was not needed. She is just a side character, unneeded, and not that fanservice character.
She did sing well but her characteristics and her kind.. just don;t like her =/
Dec 5, 2010 11:49 PM
Apr 2010
I'm getting a little tired of putting up with Kirino or Kirino-ish characters every week...

The show itself is okay to watch and is entertaining, but some of these characters are just not likeable at all. It's sort of negating everything good about this anime.

That being said, I really did enjoy the cosplay competition. Kanekane's (is that her name?) musical number was really good and the animation was really good on the eyes, I thought.
Dec 5, 2010 11:50 PM

Nov 2007
Psychotik said:
Most female characters in this show are bitches and my hatred towards them grows after every episode. Except for Kuroneko and Saori.

This. But I am afraid your totally forgot about Manami :/
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 5, 2010 11:57 PM

Aug 2010
shanimebib said:
Psychotik said:

This. But I am afraid your totally forgot about Manami :/

Oh yeah. I forgot about the best character on the show because she's barely in it.
Dec 5, 2010 11:57 PM

Apr 2010
Love the new OP with the battle b/n Kirino and Kuroneko..

when I first checked Kanako's info at the start of the series I thought she really is Meruru, and just hiding that fact from her friends.. her performance was really great and watched it a few times.. hmm, wonder what Kirino will do if she knew that Kanako was the one who cosplayed Meruru, or does she already know?? since that figure was only one of a kind it's easy to piece that Kanako was that Meruru, wonder why it still looks like Kirino has no idea how she got that figure in the end..

and seriously?? all that effort for just a present?? still can't see why all the characters care so much for Kirino to that extent.. (Ruri needs more love..)

Kuro4735 said:

Is that Noizi Itou's art.. OMG saves already in pc.. X3
Dec 6, 2010 12:11 AM

Oct 2010
Kawaii~

Amazing to see the other sides to Kirino's friends. Wasn't the best episode by any means but it's great to see they're still keeping the pace. I'm actually quite sad it's only 12 episodes, but then again there's only so much they can do, especially considering what they've covered so far. Looking forward to the final two episodes!

Dec 6, 2010 12:17 AM

Sep 2009
For some reason I really love the voice of that previous cosplay winner. I want to know who was that seiyuu.
Dec 6, 2010 12:22 AM

Aug 2009
Models are bitches.
Dec 6, 2010 12:25 AM

Nov 2007
On another note of the anime having different endings:

shanimebib said:
/reads /no season 2/

Good ending -> Episode 12 TV
True ending -> Episode 12 Webcast
Nice ending -> Manami End
Shippers' ending -> Kuroneko End
Nice Boat ending -> Ayase End
Nice Car ending -> Saori End
Incest ending -> Bitch of the Season End
LN ending -> Obama-oniisan End

thats all.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 6, 2010 12:42 AM

Oct 2010
jasonhan416 said:
why everyone hating on kirino?

Because she is a bitch that does not appreciate enough the shit people do for her. Kyousuke moved his ass to get a setup in where Ayase would get her a rare figure and all she does is abuse him physically? Fuck this shit right now man! Seriously screw that! Even I would not give the present to the person if they were like that. You know what Santa says? Have you been good this year? Well Guess what man? Kirino just was not good at all this year except in towards Ayase/Kanako and her school matters.
jasonhan416 said:
I accepted her as a tshundre bitch long time ago.
I though so too until her slap this episode filled up my meter of hate thus engaging genuine hate towards more than ever, now let's see if she can bring it down. Why do you think I want Kyousuke x Kuroneko now?

Dec 6, 2010 12:45 AM

Aug 2009
Needs more Manami.
Ha-cha!
Dec 6, 2010 12:49 AM

Oct 2010
tinman21 said:
(Ruri needs more love..)
Damn right! Damn right!
Kuro4735 said:
tinman21 said:
Is that Noizi Itou's art.. OMG saves already in pc.. X3
Yes it is and the article of this episode here: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/12/06/my-little-mahou-shoujo-cant-be-this-cute/ says so.
shanimebib said:
Those endings true? If they do the nice boat ending you will have another Kotonoha not that I don't mind. Getting nervous of the true end and WTH is the LN ending? Saori ending looks interesting in this case. I heard about all this but still question is this really how it's going to go?

Dec 6, 2010 12:52 AM
Sep 2007
The only character I find annoying in this anime is Kyousuke.
It would be so much better without him.

Anyway, is it true that all Openings are different?
Since it's always the same song I usually skip them.
Dec 6, 2010 1:04 AM
Oct 2009
Such production values wasted on such a horrible story. It really baffles me.

Kirino, that ungrateful little bitch! She's the last person in the world that truly deserves a limited edition figurine. That little bitch wouldn't even open up to Ayase properly when introducing her hobby of collecting figurines.

Oh and screw you Ayase as well. You decide to further enable Kirino's hobby to such an extent? It is indeed disgusting, and Kirino deserves to be alienated for being a bitch in general to everyone. Furthermore you're a bitch to Kousaka and he still gives in and works his ass off to do the necessary research.

And wtf Kanako, if there was ever a dues ex machina for a slice of life, seriously wtf just happened at the cosplay contest? Her introduction was so abrupt and unbelievable. And on top of it she's a bitch.

Horrible episode. Almost as bad as episode 8.
Dec 6, 2010 1:20 AM

Oct 2010
OMG Tamura, Yukari Kanako's VA did Melody of Oblivion's Koko's voice? Holy shit! She is my #1 girl in that series! I have really bad memory with the VA but Tamura, Yukari did lots of other amazing characters, that I did not even know about.
Psajdak said:
Anyway, is it true that all Openings are different?
Yes there are, you can just check some of my comparing of them with pics. They have differences and ED are also different but in your case so is the song so it may interest you more.
A2ZOMG said:
Could not agree more with your flow of comments. Damn right man! Damn right!

Dec 6, 2010 1:34 AM

Oct 2010
Heh...I'm kinda disappointed in Kirino. I wanted Kirino x Kyousuke from the start, but she's too damn annoying, tsuntsun and ungrateful after all her brother went through. This late in the anime, there is no chance for Kirino to redeem herself, which I'm convinced the LN had more of but were cut, making Kirino a total bitch in the anime.

In contrast to a certain other anime airing the same season, I DON'T HATE the "neighbor girl with glasses" this time, and I want the 'brother' to pair up with her. (But if it's Kuroneko who's gonna win then so be it.)

Also, lol at the FSN reference and Bridget's reaction to Kanako in the dressing room. "Me-Meruru turned into a dark witch" :D
LeRealDec 6, 2010 1:50 AM
Dec 6, 2010 1:53 AM

Dec 2008
...feh.

I'm pretty much looking forward to the OP variations now. This episode's OP was a nice break from all of the of the others which weren't really any different to begin with. The development of the series is pretty much non-existent at this point and the fact that the studios are attempting to conclude the anime adaptation with "original endings" with only a handful of episodes left for development can only result in one heck of a crash-and-burn conclusion.

...so is it alright now to pretend that this series ended at episode three? The Manami episodes can be the OVA episode.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Dec 6, 2010 2:05 AM

Dec 2009
HitoriTomoyo said:

...so is it alright now to pretend that this series ended at episode three? The Manami episodes can be the OVA episode.

Yea pretty much. I've basically started to watch it as if it was a comedy and purely that. No real plot, just random situations that ensue hilarity. So all in all good episode in my view.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» oreimo korean dub

149cart - Mar 2

3 by truth999 »»
Mar 5, 6:58 PM

» -

Takata - Feb 19, 2011

1 by Mattenan »»
Feb 21, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 17, 2010

362 by AndrersVonPanda »»
Jan 28, 11:52 AM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 9, 2010

263 by FapFipFop »»
Jan 11, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Dec 19, 2010

423 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 4:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.