Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 2, 2010 8:16 PM

Jan 2009
I think I just came on myself 4 times after watching this episode.

Finally s**t just got real.

Toshio, you sly dog you.

If Megumi's mom wasn't there, I could've sworn something dirty was about to happen, seeing as there's many guys and one woman.... Oh me and my imagination.

Ep 19 seems much more promising now.
Dec 2, 2010 8:22 PM

Dec 2007
That was great..! I need to wait for another week..

ps/: such a great anime.. why people score below 8..?
Dec 2, 2010 8:22 PM

Jan 2010
lol, Chizuru deserved that.

I liked the sub-plot, if you can call it that, with Natsuno sucking Ozaki's blood. Have I missed something tho? I can't remember them ever mentioning werewolves in this show, but I guess Natsuno is one..?
Dec 2, 2010 8:23 PM

Jul 2010
Oh man! Natsuno's dad is crazy! lol

Now everyone knows Chizuru is a vampire. The festival, what a great place for everyone to find out. I wonder what's gonna happen in the next episode...
Dec 2, 2010 8:43 PM
Sep 2010
I cannot put into words how epic this episode was.

Toshiro making his "Just as planned" face. Absolutely perfect. Ungodly epic.

I have been waiting....waiting....waiting for SO LONG for the humans to FINALLY turn the tides.....FINALLY....WE GET TO SEE THE RETALIATION!

I swear, the only thing that can possibly top this is seeing Natsuno rip Megumi's freaking head off

This episode was the best damn episode for anything that I have seen this year.
Dec 2, 2010 8:46 PM

Jul 2010
Awee I was starting to like Chizuru so I feel kind of bad for her even if it was "justice" or whatever. But Ozaki's "gotcha" smile was fantastic :)

This show is so great! The ridiculous hairstyles don't even bother me anymore, though Ookawa's beard is still a bit...questionable. Plus Natsuno's outfit was great so yay! I can't wait to see what is going to happen. Next week needs to come now!
Dec 2, 2010 9:48 PM

Apr 2009
as if it wasn't good enough already, this episode was awesome.
Dec 2, 2010 9:55 PM

Jan 2010
The werewolf thing wasn't explained as well in the anime. ._.
Also I hate seeing Ritsuko suffer D:
Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 2, 2010 10:05 PM

Apr 2007
That old man is OP, stopped a car and he's not even shikified.
Dec 2, 2010 10:34 PM

May 2010
Yaaay finally it ot to this part! xD xD xD
I'm glad they skipped the whole Atsushi part... Wouldn't want to see any of it.

4 episodes left... I can't wait!! xD
Dec 2, 2010 10:45 PM

Nov 2007
hahahah best episode yet. payback time bitch! Ozaki totally played that shiki slut. so epic and to have Megumi's parents finally reappear and help out like that.

so Sunako is the one really running the shiki house? I can't believe there's only 4 episodes left. Ritsuko already rose :(. too bad Natsuno keep his idiot father around, who's now insane and stupid. Seishirou is nothing but a human with a good shot.

did Natsuno save Akira? that's great. Tatsumi seemed to think he did since the ropes were untied. if he did the fake out by biting Ozaki first he should have more strength than Tatsumi realized.

bah next week and the next episode... now.
mystikDec 2, 2010 10:53 PM
Dec 2, 2010 10:54 PM

Aug 2010
This show as grown on me like an infectious cyst. It went from an okay show to actually pretty entertaining. Awesome beard guy is the best.

It seems like everything for Ozaki went, shall I say, according to keikaku.
Dec 2, 2010 11:31 PM

Jun 2010
nextday said:
That was glorious.

That was just glorious. I got a good chuckle in when he gave her that smirk. Golden moment screencapped for sure. Shame Ozaki had to cut his date with Lady GaGa so short though.

Natsuno got his ass handed to him by Tatsumi, which should be expected. He probably has a lot of combat experience as a werewolf. My loli senses tingled when I found out Sunako seems to be the brains and "boss" of the all the shiki. She's so cute, and so devilish. The priest who conformed to her is a piece of shit though, abandoning his own kind, unless this is some kind of clever ploy I overlooked. But he doesn't seem to be the kind of guy to do that(I should probably read the manga soon).

Lady GaGa getting stoned by all the villagers at the end was priceless, and I'm glad those dense mother fuckers have the proof they need to accept vampires exist. Can I expect an awesome war to break out between Humankind and Shiki now, with Dr. House and Natsuno leading the front?
Dec 2, 2010 11:40 PM

Feb 2010
Lady GaGa got OWNED. Brilllllliant!

I'm so happy to see that the humans are making a strike!

The doctor was fantastic<3

Can't wait until next week!!! >:(
Dec 2, 2010 11:47 PM

Aug 2010
The entire episode summarized in one image:
Dec 3, 2010 12:01 AM

Jan 2010
Oozaki doctor is awesome =D
So as Natsuno

One of the best , and Every body now know about okiagari now

I personally think oozaki-sensei is one of the best characters of anime charactersi
Dec 3, 2010 12:10 AM
Oct 2008
viral_hun said:
More like Sunako's daughter, haha! I felt a bit sorry for Chizuru at the end of the episode, but I suppose that's the anticipated reaction.

It was a really good episode, there is no stopping now. I wonder how the humans will fight against the shikis, and what Natsuno's role will be. Oh, and is Sunako a jinrou? According to Tatsumi, she is one, but her eyes are black and she can't go out in the sun, so what's up with her?
Dude never said she was a jinrou only that she named them that, from the way she acts I would have to say she isn't one.
Dec 3, 2010 12:14 AM
Oct 2008
Lylaaz said:
AWSOME.. the plan was great !;O

Poor Lady gaga.
LMAO!!! poor Lady Gaga
Dec 3, 2010 12:21 AM
Oct 2008
Iilia said:
Jaymie said:
Lady Gaga's stoned. Why did they have to kill off the most interesting Shiki first?
How is she the most interesting? She didn't really do anything interesting at all. Chizuru was just pretty much just another pair of big boobs for the show.

What was with Tatsumi's outfit? Going for an Elvis look? A day or so ago I saw someone post a picture of that scene with Tatsumi lifting Natsuno. I thought it was some fan edit.. but it really was for this week. I wonder how they got that picture.

This episode was just so awesome. FINALLY they start retaliating. Finally they know of the "okiagari." And I loved the way Atsushi reacted to his old man. Toshio's smile was so awesome. The bite on his arm was from Natsuno reversing her orders, I assume? I can't wait for the revolt. I just can't wait. Toshio, Natsuno, I'm so glad you had a plan. I knew you wouldn't fail me. I'm so glad Natsuno was running around for a reason, and that Toshio let himself get bitten for a reason. Oh, I love this.

Ritsuko died. Wow. She gets bit one episode and rises up the next, while Akira got bitten two episodes ago and we haven't heard from him since. Pretty sure he's dead, but I want to know if he rose up or not. What's going on with Seishin and and Kaori? They didn't have enough room this episode, so I'm sure we'll get to see next week. This show is just the best. I have to up my rating.
Why are you asuming Akira got bit? He may not have. It was very unclear his fate, I personally think that Yuuki/Natsuno saved him before he was able to be bitten but thats probably just wishful thinking on my part anyway the good Dr was on his A game for this ep. I knew something was up the moment he was like really you no long think I'm a threat
?
Dec 3, 2010 12:21 AM

May 2010
Yes!!! Finally they strike!

and Ozaki is one hell of a sly guy XD
Dec 3, 2010 12:23 AM
Oct 2008
temporary said:
That old man is OP, stopped a car and he's not even shikified.
Love the new term "shikified"
Dec 3, 2010 12:44 AM
Jul 2010
One of the best episodes. I love how Shiki just keeps on getting better and better! <333
So Natsuno bit Ozaki first? That's why Chizuru can't control him?
Dec 3, 2010 12:49 AM

Oct 2008
Ozaki Toshio you're the best doc ever! Like seriously this guy really has got some balls!
Dec 3, 2010 1:09 AM

Feb 2008
Ozaki Toshio favorited for gar reasons including that rape face.

It's good that some anime from 2010 gets so much of my attention and free time. I really enjoy this show.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Dec 3, 2010 2:29 AM

Jun 2009
Hot Mama =D

Lol the village is now lively at night, shiki's lurking

I bet the young monk will be a Jinrou - just a guess

I want some Chizuru fanservice before she died, oh

But to think Toshio planned everything from the start and risked his human life for the destruction of shiki, you're the man

Heihaichi saves the people!!

*Where did the people get those stones.. =D
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 3, 2010 2:44 AM

Jan 2009
Chizuru's background and her mind's scene was poignant.
She said "Nobody became like this on their own will" before. also she was just an artless human, but now she's doomed because of her act.
Dec 3, 2010 2:48 AM

Jan 2010
Psychotik said:

LMFAO.
Dec 3, 2010 3:13 AM

Feb 2010
haha well played doc you tricked the old hag.
Dec 3, 2010 4:36 AM

Jul 2008
Badass beard. Firetruck yeah.

FOR PONY!!! I mean, for the survivors, we must fight the okiagari!
Dec 3, 2010 6:21 AM
Feb 2010
great episode =D
loved the evil smile on his face when she sees he got bitten before =D
and very nice turn in the story
Dec 3, 2010 7:16 AM

Aug 2008
It seems Natsuno's father went batshit crazy.

Can't help feeling sorry for Chizuru regardless since this episode humanizes her with those flashbacks of her mortal life.
darkerealmDec 3, 2010 7:50 AM
Dec 3, 2010 7:17 AM

May 2007
Zinvince said:
*Where did the people get those stones.. =D

Well, they were outside...
Dec 3, 2010 7:21 AM

Feb 2009
Blackbird said:
Is it just me that begin to feel sorry for Chizuru there?

Me too.
Dec 3, 2010 7:29 AM

Dec 2008
I absolutely loved this episode!!
Dr. Ozaki is the man!!
Tatsumi has a NICE bod, but what the fuck was he wearing???
I'm glad that Chizuru is getting stoned. I never liked her anyway.
I'm hoping they stone Megumi next!!
Dec 3, 2010 7:48 AM

Aug 2008
this show deserve a higher rate ! XD
Dec 3, 2010 7:52 AM

Jun 2010
this ep was awesome!
Dec 3, 2010 8:21 AM

May 2010
Psychotik said:

ROFLMAO

Ozaki is such a troll.. :D
Dec 3, 2010 8:25 AM

Oct 2010
Epic faces from a crazy Natsuno's dad, a uber freaked out gaga chizuru and ozaki's evil grinning(troll) face~!

Natsuno really didnt give a damn about Tatsumi, guess he really pissed him off..bahh. Come to think of it, where is Akira or his sister? (She must be hiding in a closet for the whole day.)

Cliffhanger!! IM LOVING IT~ Can't wait for the next episode
Dec 3, 2010 9:07 AM
Jan 2009
Shiki is EPIC
Dec 3, 2010 9:10 AM

Feb 2009
Doctor's smirk is just EPIC WIN!!
So Natsuno must have sucked his blood before Chizuru has.

Natsuno's new outfit is so cool. Though, Tatsumi's didn't suit him.
I mean, he had always dressed normally and now, he has just decided to take up punk rock fashion?

Oh.. and Chizuru DOES know how to dress like others!
On many recent episodes, she just dressed like no others, which was really ... weird.

Shiki's just getting better and better. I don't want it to come to an end soon.
I wish it'll be more like, 30 eps ahead, something like that.
Dec 3, 2010 9:31 AM
Oct 2009
does anyone know what chapter we're in right now ( ep 18) cause that way we could tell if they plan for a season 2 or a made up ending...
Dec 3, 2010 10:54 AM

Aug 2009
zangetsukakashi said:
does anyone know what chapter we're in right now ( ep 18) cause that way we could tell if they plan for a season 2 or a made up ending...

We're around chapter 30-ish I think, maybe late 20's.

The maga has gone up to chapter 35.
Dec 3, 2010 11:22 AM

May 2010
one of the best episodes sofar. its gettin better and better, dr. ozaki is a crazyass motherfucker ^^
Dec 3, 2010 11:33 AM

Oct 2009
Now that's what I am talking about!!! Awesome episode all the way around.

Dec 3, 2010 11:33 AM

Jan 2008
Chizuru's demise is coming, gyahhh. My second favorite part after Youko was killed by Ozaki. I do feel bad for her and their wanting to be accepted in society so when they were throwing rocks at her I felt a twinge of pity. Fuyumi Ono sensei 最高!
Dec 3, 2010 11:41 AM

Oct 2007
wakka9ca said:
It seems Sunako's plan is failing. This kind of situation is exactly why Sunako wanted a place where the shiki can live in peace. Although the shiki were the first to attack the humans, there is no good nor evil since they have to do it to survive.

It would be interesting to see how Ritsuko can suppress her impulses.
Well I wouldn't say her plan was a failing. She might have expected something like this to have happened as to what Chizuru said in this episode but Sunako might not expected that her daughter to be the first one or maybe second if you count Ozaki's wife.

I am too interesting in Ritsuko being able to suppress her impulse and that could be an interesting development to tie to Seishin.

From the direction I got from reading, it seems a werewolf is able to erase Shiki's command by biting them which was shown in this episode that Ozaki has another new mark on his hand. And by that which mean Natsuno has already sucked blood and pretend to be weak.

Ozaki = Women Killer or Shiki Women Killer.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 3, 2010 1:38 PM

Nov 2008
Payback time! Finally! I was starting to get bored with the pace of the last few episodes. The story was stretched far too long, and now thing are on the move again. Of course there will probably be at least one plot twist in the end but it seems to me that the ending will prove to be the best part so far.
Dec 3, 2010 1:49 PM

Jun 2010
Siva said:
wakka9ca said:
It seems Sunako's plan is failing. This kind of situation is exactly why Sunako wanted a place where the shiki can live in peace. Although the shiki were the first to attack the humans, there is no good nor evil since they have to do it to survive.

It would be interesting to see how Ritsuko can suppress her impulses.
Well I wouldn't say her plan was a failing. She might have expected something like this to have happened as to what Chizuru said in this episode but Sunako might not expected that her daughter to be the first one or maybe second if you count Ozaki's wife.

I am too interesting in Ritsuko being able to suppress her impulse and that could be an interesting development to tie to Seishin.

From the direction I got from reading, it seems a werewolf is able to erase Shiki's command by biting them which was shown in this episode that Ozaki has another new mark on his hand. And by that which mean Natsuno has already sucked blood and pretend to be weak.

Ozaki = Women Killer or Shiki Women Killer.

I thought Natsuno just bit Ozaki ahead of time, and gave him the command of free will to cancel out all other Shiki orders? Basically it wasn't a new mark, but it was always there. Just hidden by his lab coat since it was on his arm.

Tohru wanted to control his impulses too, but just like everyone else, Ritsuko will give in to temptation to survive. I doubt they'd let her just survive off blood bags, don't they force people to go out and feed for themselves eventually? She'll die if she doesn't drink blood.
Dec 3, 2010 2:15 PM

Dec 2007
Woot the counterattack on the Shiki has finally begun, I'm definitely going to be enjoying the next episode!
Dec 3, 2010 3:37 PM

Jul 2010
ShadowGilgamesh said:
he said he'd seen 4 including natsuno, maybe he's not including himself because i think that crazy funeral guy might be one, his eyes weren't blank like the rest of the shiki (IIRC)

you'd go crazy too if your son just showed up one day after being dead XD

You're right, he might not be including himself, so there could be another Jinrou we don't know about. However, since they've only given indication of these ones and there are only four episodes left, I think these are all the Jinrou we'll be seeing. Of course, more are always welcome! I don't think the funeral guy is a Jinrou. Tatsumi checked a corpse while he was there and that same guy said something like, "As to be expected of a Jinrou's nose!" so I don't think he'd make a comment like thay if he himself was a Jinrou.

shizukabaka_chan said:
Iilia said:
Ritsuko died. Wow. She gets bit one episode and rises up the next, while Akira got bitten two episodes ago and we haven't heard from him since. Pretty sure he's dead, but I want to know if he rose up or not. What's going on with Seishin and and Kaori? They didn't have enough room this episode, so I'm sure we'll get to see next week. This show is just the best. I have to up my rating.
Why are you asuming Akira got bit? He may not have. It was very unclear his fate, I personally think that Yuuki/Natsuno saved him before he was able to be bitten but thats probably just wishful thinking on my part anyway the good Dr was on his A game for this ep. I knew something was up the moment he was like really you no long think I'm a threat
?

Hmm... I don't know. It just seems like he got bit. Although, thinking back on how angry Tatsumi was when he met with Natsuno I suppose there is a good chance he didn't get bitten after all. I'd prefer that you're right and Natsuno did save him. Hopefully they'll explain in the next episode.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KingOmerta - Sep 16, 2010

190 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.