Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Sep 5, 2014 9:27 PM

Jul 2013
That fight was so one sided so I'm glad humanity seems to have come across a fighting chance.It took them long enough though with them wallowing in their ignorance.Let's see what happens now. Cool ! natsune is a werewolf! So that's why he's able to be in the sunlight.Lol at Natsune's crazy father,he finally snapped lol!!!
Oct 22, 2014 1:51 AM

Oct 2010
Yo so I'm really late to the party but I can't help but root for the shiki. What's not to like? You're just as you were before only now with eternal youth and an almost immortal body. Sure you might not be able to go out during the day and you have the burden of having to kill but who cares when compared to all the benefits. The only reason we're ok with eating meat is because of willful ignorance. We don't have to think about the awful systematic murder of livestock to care. Those that rooted(ing) for the humans I think just aren't putting enough thought into it.

What happened to Kyoko was awful and what looks like is going to happen to chizuru is making me feel pretty sick too. I can't think of any reason to root for the humans especially considering all the characters that are now shiki.
Oct 24, 2014 6:16 PM

Apr 2014
TOSHIOOOOOOOO. standing ovation. ily.
I kept trying to figure out what he was getting at, and I thought it was just to weaken her and make her kill someone at the festival, but what really happened was 10x better. I can't believe he had Megumi's dad find out first. Aaaaaaah, so good so good.

frank_desu said:
Those that rooted(ing) for the humans I think just aren't putting enough thought into it.
It's not about "which side is cooler and is more badass". It's natural to sympathize for the side that you are most familiar with. In our case, it's humans. Yes, this is fiction, but most people would feel bad about say, Kaori, who has
a) Megumi as a friend even though she's a total bitch to her
b) Megumi killing her dad who raised and loved her
c) Megumi convincing the dad she killed to kill his own family- leading to her mom being killed too
d) In addition to now being an orphan, this middle-schooler only has her younger brother left- who was also killed by a shiki.

This girl is essentially driven to near-insanity by shiki, while we see her grovelling in front of the monk describing how she knows she'll die next. Kaori is only one example in this series, as there are multiple others who have cases in which sympathy/empathy is strongly elicited from the audience. I'm not saying it's wrong for you to root for the shiki, it's that you're insulting those who exhibit emotions which the series most likely intended to do. Otherwise, why else would they show the humans going through such despair? If a group of individuals you never knew or thought could exist show up and kill your family, friends, and people you know, wouldn't you be afraid? Obviously I don't know you, but most people would be.

The human side is more complex. Questioning or thinking about the humans' (or, ex-humans') makes them more interesting. Take Natsuno, who wants to save people from shiki despite hating the town and wanting to leave quickly. He still wants to save people even though he is a shiki himself. Most people might question why he would think that way. Take Toshio, who wants to kill the shiki as well, but allows himself to be bitten by them. Most people would questions that as well, and we did get the answer as to why he did that in this episode. And as much as I hate him, take Seishin, who despite knowing what the Kirisakis are, goes to their house willingly and had even conversed often with Sunako in the past. Tohru is a contrast to other shikis. He feels such strong guilt about killing and we even see him cry- an action that is (usually) so full of emotion and is something so... human.
Aren't the human characters just more interesting and complex compared to the shiki, who feed on humans because of survival and hierarchy? Sunako is an exception, since she has what is most likely the most complex character as a shiki. But the point is that wouldn't most people prefer the character that has more to them than what meets the eye over the character that is what it is?

TL;DR: It isn't that we/I don't "put enough thought" into who or what I am rooting for. It's being able to see the depth behind characters that makes people sympathize with them and in turn, want them to win.
Nov 6, 2014 12:54 AM

Jun 2009
About time they found out and of course Ozaki had something up his sleeve.
Nov 11, 2014 7:53 PM

Mar 2012
The doctor dude is so bad ass
Dec 11, 2014 7:45 PM
Jul 2018
This was an absolutely amazing episode, holy shit!!!

Ozaki is brilliant!
Feb 6, 2015 11:34 AM

Jun 2014
I feel sorry for Chihiro, she's a hot MILF.
Natsuno became a werewolf a rare species. Cool
Apr 4, 2015 1:26 PM

Feb 2014
Starting to really wonder here, who's the really monster? Us or them?
Apr 24, 2015 9:07 AM

Jul 2012
dasbattousai said:
Starting to really wonder here, who's the really monster? Us or them?
US of course
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jun 7, 2015 1:25 PM

Aug 2014
One surprising plot twist right there, when I saw that evil smile on Ozaki's face I couldn't help but smile. Though the pacing isn't quite fast, this show is rather addictive when you catch on. Looking forward to how it all ends!
Jun 27, 2015 1:36 AM

Jun 2011
frank_desu said:
Yo so I'm really late to the party but I can't help but root for the shiki. What's not to like? You're just as you were before only now with eternal youth and an almost immortal body. Sure you might not be able to go out during the day and you have the burden of having to kill but who cares when compared to all the benefits. The only reason we're ok with eating meat is because of willful ignorance. We don't have to think about the awful systematic murder of livestock to care. Those that rooted(ing) for the humans I think just aren't putting enough thought into it.

What happened to Kyoko was awful and what looks like is going to happen to chizuru is making me feel pretty sick too. I can't think of any reason to root for the humans especially considering all the characters that are now shiki.
I think you forgot that not everyone can be revived. What about the people who died? Are we just gonna blame that on the so-called fate?

Yes I feel bad for some of the shiki, but that's all. At the rate they are going, they are going to run out of livestock, and they will extinct faster than humans would, as their only source of food is the blood of humans.

My comment on the episode:
Daaaamn I feel bad for her at the end. No sympathy for her but it wasn't a pleasant sight.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 29, 2015 11:48 PM

Jun 2013
Ozaki you sly mothertrucker, you. I had it in my gut that he wasn't going to go down by the Shiki's words. Hopefully, before the season ends, Natsuno and Tohru can have some closure as best friends.
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Jul 31, 2015 9:21 AM

Oct 2013
Wow... just... wow...

I felt so bad for Chizuru at the end, yet somehow I was simultaneously thrilled and excited Ozaki wasn't under Chizuru's control and his trap worked. The way he lit that cigarette when the crowd began chasing after Chizuru, oh man.

This is just getting crazy.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 17, 2015 12:52 PM

Feb 2013
Seems Ozaki managed to one up Chizuru all along. It's nice to see her finally get what she deserves.As for the plan of her and her husband....so they really want to transform the city so that only shiki will live their? That's kind of weird. How would they keep themselves thoroughly fed if they don't have villagers to feast on? I know they capture people from the city sometimes for the newly risen, but can they do that in large enough numbers to sustain themselves without giving their existence away somehow?

Also Natsuno's must have a lot of plot armor is pretty damn lucky considering he was the only character to rise up as a werewolf besides Tatsumi.
Sep 1, 2015 12:57 PM

May 2010
I actually got attached to Chizuru... Seriously, I don't know which side is at wrong now. It's all gotten so messed up (in a good way. Wait- do I even it?) So that's what they meant when they recommended Shiki after I finished Shin Sekai Yori.. I can finally see it.
Sep 7, 2015 5:24 AM
Oct 2013
I fell sorry for chizuru.

This is the beginning of the human counter attack..

Feb 15, 2016 5:44 AM

Aug 2014
So Natsuno is a werewolf, from a vampire bite? hmmm.. OK!
But i'll forgive this because my fav character made a comeback, it was great to see doctor Ozaki plan.
Great Episode.
Feb 22, 2016 10:46 AM

Sep 2012
Awesome episode. Everyone seems to know already..
Mar 10, 2016 7:09 AM

Jan 2014
This was pretty intense. So that's what they are, some sub-species of shiki, werewolves, huh?
And that Kirishiki dad is human... Interesting. He's the most mysterious one to me right now.
It was funny to see Chizuro's reactions. I knew the doctor had some spare cards in his hand.
Apr 3, 2016 8:35 PM

Feb 2015
Nayrael said:
and what Natsuno's role will be.
He already played one... anime cut some stuff to keep it hidden until the end.
Ask yourself: why wasn't Ozaki hypnotized and rewatch the scene

HE DID?!?!?!? HAHA AWESOME!!!!!

Psychotik said:
The entire episode summarized in one image:

EPIC.

Monad said:

What the hell are you talking about? They didn't do it to survive. They did it because they wanted their own village so they can walk around freely.
They can easily survive by lurking in the shadows considering how big the disbelief of their existence is. They didn't had to go and try to erase a whole village from existence.

indeed!

Bura said:
pieceofshota said:
So Natsuno bit the doctor first or after ? And exactly when ? Why didn't she notice when the doctor didn't needed to lie down with a dead fish eye and tired look, talking in short sentence ? I never seen anybody who could have his own thoughts and will walking around looking healthy. strange...So the doctor is also shiki now. ..

Did you even pay attention? He was giving himself a blood transfusion to prevent anemia.

...that still doesn't explain why there were two spots. there could have just been one.

tingy said:

Yeah I knew Ozaki was up to something since he barely resisted Chizuru in the last episode. But that was definitely a great plan, having Natsuno bite him a second time. Still, I felt really sympathetic for Chizuru at the end. It doesn't matter what kind of person (or being) you are, having a phobia is not pleasant, but she tried to keep on going. And despite her being pretty annoying and for going along with Sunako's plans, she just wants to keep living, and living somewhere where she and her kind and feel safe. It just sucks that they need to kill humans to do it. This anime is playing with my feelings D:

oohh, so that's how it was done. so natsuno and the doc are teaming up, it's just behind the scenes. that's even more epic than seeing it!

i just love natsuno and his attitude. he means and promises the real deal. he's so lucky to be a werewolf because if he was shiki the shiki would have won, definitely.

LOAD said:
It's not about "which side is cooler and is more badass". It's natural to sympathize for the side that you are most familiar with. In our case, it's humans. Yes, this is fiction, but most people would feel bad about say, Kaori, who has
a) Megumi as a friend even though she's a total bitch to her
b) Megumi killing her dad who raised and loved her
c) Megumi convincing the dad she killed to kill his own family- leading to her mom being killed too
d) In addition to now being an orphan, this middle-schooler only has her younger brother left- who was also killed by a shiki.

This girl is essentially driven to near-insanity by shiki, while we see her grovelling in front of the monk describing how she knows she'll die next. Kaori is only one example in this series, as there are multiple others who have cases in which sympathy/empathy is strongly elicited from the audience. I'm not saying it's wrong for you to root for the shiki, it's that you're insulting those who exhibit emotions which the series most likely intended to do. Otherwise, why else would they show the humans going through such despair? If a group of individuals you never knew or thought could exist show up and kill your family, friends, and people you know, wouldn't you be afraid? Obviously I don't know you, but most people would be.

The human side is more complex. Questioning or thinking about the humans' (or, ex-humans') makes them more interesting. Take Natsuno, who wants to save people from shiki despite hating the town and wanting to leave quickly. He still wants to save people even though he is a shiki himself. Most people might question why he would think that way. Take Toshio, who wants to kill the shiki as well, but allows himself to be bitten by them. Most people would questions that as well, and we did get the answer as to why he did that in this episode. And as much as I hate him, take Seishin, who despite knowing what the Kirisakis are, goes to their house willingly and had even conversed often with Sunako in the past. Tohru is a contrast to other shikis. He feels such strong guilt about killing and we even see him cry- an action that is (usually) so full of emotion and is something so... human.
Aren't the human characters just more interesting and complex compared to the shiki, who feed on humans because of survival and hierarchy? Sunako is an exception, since she has what is most likely the most complex character as a shiki. But the point is that wouldn't most people prefer the character that has more to them than what meets the eye over the character that is what it is?

TL;DR: It isn't that we/I don't "put enough thought" into who or what I am rooting for. It's being able to see the depth behind characters that makes people sympathize with them and in turn, want them to win.

best comment about kaori. she didn't get enough love in this thread.
------
aw even though natsuno's dad was an idiot he didn't deserve that, going insane, lol.

and natsuno pissed tatsumi off, lol. good. and was it hinted that what really pissed him off was that natsuno saved the boy after all? if so, way to go! natsuno is getting a lot more stuff done as a werewolf (i thought he was some different form of a shiki at first) than as a human.

that's pure torture for them to make toru explain to his crush. but then again they would have had no idea about that.

and finally...toshio....MASTER PLANNER OF OUR TIME. HE FINALLY FIGURED OUT A WAY TO GET THEM LITERAL PROOF RIGHT UNDER THEIR NOSES! he knew they would send mrs. kirishiki again, and he had to use her well to his advantage. the timing couldn't have been more perfect for him to use the festival. it's ABOUT TIME the shiki get what they deserve!

although...i am confused at when she saw his arm being pierced (i still loved that wicked grin he gave her)...what did that mean? how could she have not bitten him?
TomDayApr 3, 2016 8:38 PM
Apr 11, 2016 2:39 AM

Apr 2009
The doctor is like Kira.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2016 7:57 AM

Jan 2013
TomDay said:
although...i am confused at when she saw his arm being pierced (i still loved that wicked grin he gave her)...what did that mean? how could she have not bitten him?

She did bit him ... but Natsuno bit him first in the arm (hiding it from Chizuru) so his orders are the one he has to follow, for example ... not listen to Chizuru, or ignore her orders.
Meaning ... Toshio was already bitten (in the arm) before Chizuru bit him in the neck.

This episode was amazing, I'm glad we got to know the plan they cooked up and it actually worked.
Now they've got the entire village knowing that there are Risen among them and that they are real.
May 17, 2016 10:05 AM
Jul 2014
That Bitch! Now she's gonna get it! Anyway, no wonder Megumi's mother couldn't hear Chizuru's heart beat as her boobs were on the way!!! You can't hear nothing through that kind of enormous cushion, LOL!
Oct 19, 2016 3:32 AM

Jul 2008
One word....

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 2, 2017 7:05 PM

Dec 2015
Finally they realised, nicely done doc!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 28, 2017 3:57 AM

Aug 2016
Let the Rebellion begin!!!!!
Apr 12, 2017 6:04 AM

Aug 2015
Fried_Potato said:
Let the Rebellion begin!!!!!

Its a bit ironic your comment if we take into account your avatar picture. Btw do you use that name in 9gag? because I saw that name there once

Great episode , shiki does a good job with the atmosphere and the slow pace helps a lot. But in this episode I felt sorry for shizuru
May 9, 2017 12:09 PM

Nov 2016
Finally the villagers go for the counter attack, things are gonna get intense from here on. Poor Chizuru, though.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 11, 2017 11:37 AM

Feb 2015
Oh yes! Now we're talking!
Jul 31, 2017 5:57 PM

Mar 2016
Just when I thought this episode couldn't get any better (after Toshio tricked Chizuru), Atsushi gets scared by his father and leaves even though he was already dead xD

Watching Chizuru cry at the very end was actually somewhat sad, though.

PrOxAnto said:
TomDay said:

She did bit him ... but Natsuno bit him first in the arm (hiding it from Chizuru) so his orders are the one he has to follow, for example ... not listen to Chizuru, or ignore her orders.
Meaning ... Toshio was already bitten (in the arm) before Chizuru bit him in the neck.

That isn't explicitly shown though, is it? I figured Yuuki bit him AFTER Chizuru bit him, making his orders override her's.
BlondieJul 31, 2017 6:02 PM
Aug 1, 2017 6:38 AM

Jan 2013
Blondie said:
Just when I thought this episode couldn't get any better (after Toshio tricked Chizuru), Atsushi gets scared by his father and leaves even though he was already dead xD

Watching Chizuru cry at the very end was actually somewhat sad, though.

PrOxAnto said:

That isn't explicitly shown though, is it? I figured Yuuki bit him AFTER Chizuru bit him, making his orders override her's.

It's been a year but I do remember them mentioning or at least hinting that Natsuno bit him before making it so that even if Chizuru bites him after Natsuno did, he'd still have to follow Natsuno's orders.

I hope you at least got your answer from finishing the show.
Oct 24, 2017 10:33 PM

Apr 2016
Yes! The villagers finally realized what’s truly going on. Let the fun part begins.
Sup
Dec 31, 2017 8:38 AM
Jun 2014
Now this is getting bad for all the skiki, kinda feel sad for their death guess it's also cause how cruel their death will be
Oct 27, 2018 1:31 PM

Jun 2015
If it isn't the best thug life ever I don't know what is.

This can be the only time we see humans gang up on a vampire.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 24, 2019 5:04 AM

Dec 2013
Whoa, so Natsuno is a werewolf? Man, this is a very intense episode. I kind of feel bad for Chizuru but that's what you get for killing people and making them as Shiki. Atsushi's father is a baddass.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 27, 2019 9:49 PM

May 2008
Dang did Toshio play Chizuru like a fiddle. Almost felt sorry for her since she does just want a place to live in peace. But, turning people against their will is just asking to be hated and killed. Though, the other option isn't better since humans are known to hate what's different.

Both sides have to compromise and the shiki are at a point where they don't want to or can't (Tooru). And humans certainly aren't after having their loved ones taken away. The only problem is we don't know WHY some rise and some don't. Is it a strong will to live? Or possibly regrets? Nor do we know why Chizuru, Sunako, and Megumi all have that solid eye coloring while literally no one else does.

The old man is awesome though! Stopping the car all badass like!
Oct 5, 2019 8:06 PM

Jan 2016
DOOOOOD THOSE NEW BITE MARKS OMFGG THOSE WERE FROM NATSUNO??? THEY HAVE TO BE.
AND THEN TO DECLARE HER AS A RISEN AND MEGUMI'S DAD IS LIKE SHE KILLED MY DAAUUUGGHTERRRR HDSFSIROGHRGH AAAIIIEEE
I fucking laughed when Megumi's mom checked her heartbeat though cuz her boobs are huuuuuge

AND HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK THE BUFF DUDE STOPPED THE FUCKING CAR WITH HIS BARE HANDS HOLY SHIT POWER BALL MY DUDE IM SCREEEAMING
Dec 19, 2019 1:31 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
At least they are gain back their lost brain cells. This was brilliant. Ozaki better finishes all of them before he dies.
Oct 18, 2020 9:57 PM

Nov 2008

This man turns me on and I am sad he is not a real person. xD

Nov 25, 2020 6:24 AM

Dec 2018
why am i so happy to see her like that ;v
the doctor's a smartass lmao
Dec 8, 2020 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
I knew the doctor was onto something , this is victory
Feb 27, 2021 7:51 AM

Apr 2020
Wow, I didn't expect to feel this bad for Chiziru. I wasn't sure what to think about her but this episode alone sold me. Great use of all the previous buildup.

It really felt like I was a bystander in the middle of the conflict and understanding both sides. Megumi's father who goes berserker mode and wants to kill her ass, and Chizuru who just wants to live like a human again. She genuinely enjoyed talking to the villagers...

@Natsuno's dad got mind raped. That was hilarious probably took one of the biggest L's in anime history
May 4, 2021 6:46 AM

Mar 2020
[ASMR][Putting Vampire to Sleep][Very Satisfying][Stress Relief]
Jun 17, 2021 6:39 PM

Jan 2020
Wait I thought Natsuno's dad is already a vampire, and that's refreshing to see him stab Tatsumi, hahaha. Werewolves sure is tough.
Jun 17, 2021 6:40 PM

Jan 2020
Great, Akira is safe.

Jan 2020
I knew it the werewolves doesn't need blood for living.

Jan 2020
Now that I think about it, it sure is fun to drive freely without any risk of death.
Jun 17, 2021 6:41 PM

Jan 2020
So Sunako is older than Chizuru??? Well that's a surprise...she probably is the oldest one among the Kanemasa.
Jun 17, 2021 6:42 PM

Jan 2020
That old man sure is tough to stop a car with only his own hand.
Jun 17, 2021 6:42 PM

Jan 2020
Slut being stoned.....now where have I seen this.....
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

958 by mairyland »»
Apr 10, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2010

202 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 5:46 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Nov 25, 2010

226 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nuzuky - Oct 14, 2010

245 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:27 AM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KingOmerta - Sep 16, 2010

190 by jumbosan »»
Jan 31, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.