Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2008 4:43 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
okay. story ep
they got the wholes tory about kaori down in one ep
*is impressed*

also, that story just pulls at my heart strings ;____;
once the ep ending and the ED started. i like SLAMMED on the stop/pause button

i was not gna let that overly perky ugly ED ruin that atmosphere D:
srsly.
i hate this ED -.-

but this ep = <3
Jun 17, 2008 12:13 PM

Jan 2008
wow... and i thought the previous episode was sad -_-
but imo the best episode so far... although i hate sad stories ^.^
Oct 5, 2009 9:24 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Pretty sad episode...

Mar 28, 2010 9:47 AM

Jul 2008
Shizuma was a lot cooler back then & kaori was so cute~~!!!!
i feel really bad for roukojo though.. she was supposed to be etoile with her =(
Jun 7, 2010 4:46 PM
Jan 2008
This episode was sad, it was like Nagisa finally realized that she wasn't what Shizuma wanted or needed. I hope it works out for them. This actually made me feel worse for Nagisa then it did for Shizuma.
Jun 26, 2010 5:58 AM

Feb 2010
my favorite episode ....... i cried
Aug 24, 2011 1:28 PM

Aug 2011
good episode, sad what happened to her, and the ed does ruin the mood of the the episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2012 4:42 AM

Apr 2012
ED ruins the mood hard.
'A man, that maketh haste to be rich, and envieth others, is ignorant that poverty shall come upon him'. - Proverbs 28:22
Aug 11, 2012 7:50 AM

Feb 2012
Aagh, the ending theme again! Grrr. Good episode otherwise.
Oct 27, 2012 6:06 PM

Oct 2011
really sad story.. poor shizuma :/ but the ed truly is a mood killer.. for cases they really should make an extra ed or just don't add one after the episode :/
Jan 7, 2014 2:59 PM

Sep 2010
What's this about "in the summer three years from now, we'd be able to see the Perseids"? I thought you could see the Perseid meteor shower every year o.o
May 31, 2014 5:41 AM

Jul 2013
This was quite a sad episode (T_T)
Jun 30, 2014 3:53 AM

Nov 2010
Wow, nice story. now i hope we get a good ending.
chicagopiano said:
ED ruins the mood hard.

like really. why is this ED even exist? :|
Jul 20, 2014 2:40 AM

Feb 2014
chicagopiano said:
ED ruins the mood hard.

Yeah, that's the problem I have with a lot of anime. The OPs and EDs rarely fit the tone of the show and especially the ending of an episode. They always have to ruin the mood with an out of place J-pop song.

This episode was quite sad and I liked that Kaori was actually strong (as much as she could be), instead of being the usual "helpless sick girl who can't do anything by herself" character.
Oct 10, 2014 8:23 PM

Sep 2014
Oh gawd, that was so sad. I forgive the previous episode for being so drawn out. Kaori was so cute...but at least she was happy until the end. Sad for everyone in the both the past and present.

And yes, fuck the ED, like seriously. The two chicks singing are the VAs for Nagisa and Tamao, but seriously...ugh.
Apr 5, 2015 7:37 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The ED ruins the mood of the show. It's a bit like the Clannad After Story OP.

Nice flashback episode. I feel bad for Shizuma now. Nagisa trying to bring the old Shizuma back, it just can't work. Shizuma will forever have a place for Kaori.

Sep 16, 2015 9:28 PM

Nov 2014
Why? just tell me why? why the feels. fucking hell. ya got me in tears here.
Also, screw you happy-go-lucky ending to such a depressing episode.
Sep 16, 2015 10:06 PM

Aug 2014
Rarely have I been so glad to be wrong. A flashback ep wasn't even a possibility I'd considered, and it was an excellent way to set up a few eps' worth of...stuff. I just hope it isn't mostly "nope, no progress here" stuff.
hgeronimo said:
Wow, nice story. now i hope we get a good ending.
crowslayer91 said:
also, that story just pulls at my heart strings ;____;
Ugh, I had a feeling Miyuki might turn out to be one of those. Not that I have a problem with people like that; I just end up feeling bad for them a lot. :/

And I have to admit, that was way beyond what the kind of tragedy I was expecting.
hgeronimo said:
chicagopiano said:
ED ruins the mood hard.

like really. why is this ED even exist? :|
crowslayer91 said:
once the ep ending and the ED started. i like SLAMMED on the stop/pause button

i was not gna let that overly perky ugly ED ruin that atmosphere D:
Glad I wasn't the only one.
but this ep = <3
Amazingly so.
Hanikamiya said:
What's this about "in the summer three years from now, we'd be able to see the Perseids"? I thought you could see the Perseid meteor shower every year o.o
It may just be hard to see from there. *shrug*

I think Miyuki's being a little overly pessimistic. Sure it may take some work to get Shizuma back to her old upbeat self, and maybe she'll never be quite the same person again, but we can already see her heading in that direction.

Of course, she could be a little jealous, and maybe not even realize it/want to admit it.

Think I'll make some predictions for the rest of the series.

Hrm...can't decide whether I want Tamao/Chiyo and Yaya/Tsubomi or Tamao/Yaya and Chiyo/Tsubomi.
DuneflowerSep 16, 2015 10:21 PM
"Ō-sama...kindly shut up. I wouldn't normally do this, but we are working with them whether you like it or not, because otherwise our chances of success approach zero." - Stern the Destructor (maybe not a direct translation, but it gets the point across)
Related: I'm writing a Lyrical alternate timeline!
Oct 8, 2015 1:14 PM

Jul 2013
They were some sad flashbacks, Kaori was a really nice girl. She was strong and her romance with Shizuma was very sweet indeed. Poor Shizuma :(

Although I wish they had said what her illness was. They seem to do that a lot, say someone is sick but not what with.
Jul 15, 2016 11:17 AM

Apr 2015
I love how the ending just jumps from crying to that ultra happy ed. So misplaced lol
Oct 27, 2019 8:24 AM

Aug 2018
Well, it seems that Miyuki wasn't in relationship with Shizuma, after all.. Only some teases from Shizuma, and then Miyuki supporting Shizuma as dear person, but not lover or anything.. Also as council president..
I still have question, whether Tamao was among those Shizuma tried to use to get sad thoughts away, who she "romanced" after Kaori's death.. Maybe we'll learn about that, maybe not.. But next episode is to learn about Tamao's story, hm?.. I wonder, if it's about this we have to learn.. Or about something else.. Will see..
Also, I've been skipping live action ED anyway..
Apr 26, 2020 4:49 PM

Nov 2017
pff well whatever I just want Nagisa x Tamao to be together

Shizuma never rly loved Nagisa anyway. She’s always loved Kaori, and Nagisa reminded her of Kaori and sortof pretended Nagisa was Kaori
024Apr 28, 2020 4:38 PM

plz @ me
Jan 12, 2022 1:01 PM

Feb 2020
That was so sad...

What's with that ED? It really ruins the mood, especially after a sad and tragic episode like this.
Feb 22, 2023 9:38 AM
Feb 2021
Banger of an episode. That backstory is hella sad, and seeing Shizuma cry like that was pretty brutal. I like the direction this leads the story for the endgame. Obviously Nagisa needs to be the one to confess first, I think. If Nagisa let Shizuma know that she's ok with her past, they'll probably be able to work together really well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Strawberry Panic Episode 2 Discussion

lsumi - Jul 24, 2008

29 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 13, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Strawberry Panic Episode 12 Discussion

sifma - May 26, 2008

23 by voidintheceiling »»
Apr 10, 12:15 PM

Poll: » Strawberry Panic Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sifma - Jun 2, 2008

110 by Destroyer31 »»
Dec 23, 2023 5:20 AM

» Strawberry Panic PS2 Poster???

Zelgadiss007 - Aug 28, 2013

5 by ShokuganYuriko »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:30 PM

Poll: » Strawberry Panic Episode 25 Discussion

sifma - Jun 1, 2008

13 by Baskarite »»
Mar 6, 2023 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.