Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 2, 2011 5:32 AM

May 2008
silvermoon8573 said:
Sartaj said:
Iilia said:
Why the hell did she wait so long to untie him?! I mean, really, she had to go and give him a speech while he's unconscious before untying him? Given, yes, it was a very touching speech, but I just couldn't fully appreciate it since during the whole thing I was thinking, "Untie him already!"

My god I was thinking the exact same thing. Just sitting over him crying and talking while he's bound to a chair, seriously what the hell?

i was also thinking the same thing. it ruined the scene for me. but i never liked haruka anyways so i probably wouldn't have been touched by the scene anyways. i did enjoy the part where yakumo said he wasn't dead though. lol.

yea seriously? she should have untied him first then talk all this shit on the way out.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 8, 2011 10:30 PM

Dec 2009
helur said:
Ghost: "Don't leave the house!" *she walks out immediately to find Yakumo* Damn it. She is lucky the plot shield is on her side!
The minute he told her to stay there I thought, 'She's going to be stupid and run off somewhere isn't she?' And...sure enough.
(I also found it amusing that Ozawa just waltzes right into a kidnapper's secluded cabin. Who does that!? At least peek in the windows first or something!
Iilia said:
Why the hell did she wait so long to untie him?! I mean, really, she had to go and give him a speech while he's unconscious before untying him? Given, yes, it was a very touching speech, but I just couldn't fully appreciate it since during the whole thing I was thinking, "Untie him already!"
^Thought pretty much the same thing--minus the speech being touching. It reminded me of the two of them casually talking on the roof while the house was on fire in the first ep. They just seem to love to chatter away at inappropriate times.
dbaranyi said:
I'm going to be a contrarian here - but gawd, I hate idiot plots. The only good thing about this episode is that they didn't drag it out any further.

What do we have here:

- a ghost who helps the idiots find clues
- a ghost who saves the idiots
- idiot protagonists who run off without telling anyone
- idiot psychos who waste time explaining things
- idiot cops who not only don't carry guns but fall for the same trick twice in a row

Essentially, everyone has to be a total idiot to make the arc come together. That is piss-poor writing.

This could have been a decent series, now it has turned into brainless mush.
^Sadly, this.
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Jan 28, 2011 7:27 AM

Feb 2010
So Yakumo's mother and Yakeda are really dead. It's kinda sad.
And I didn't expect a little child can do a brutal murder like that T^T
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Feb 8, 2011 9:23 AM

Dec 2009
...This episode was waaaaaay too cheezey ... i mean , i get it , his mother , her fiance , sad fate, sad fate ... but they dragged it too much.
Also , except the fact that the bad guys are still out there this episode seemed like the ending ._>...
Jun 7, 2011 6:45 AM
Jul 2018
I listened the OST and I couldn't find the track, which was playing while the true story was told by Goto-san. If it's a classical piece, of course I won't find it on the OST. Can someone tell me the title of the track?
Dec 28, 2011 1:22 PM
Sep 2011
Keikochan4 said:
I listened the OST and I couldn't find the track, which was playing while the true story was told by Goto-san. If it's a classical piece, of course I won't find it on the OST. Can someone tell me the title of the track?

I want that song too do you know the name?? :):)
Mar 11, 2012 5:39 PM

Sep 2011
I couldn't help but smile seeing Yakumo at the concert. :)
Jul 2, 2012 11:35 AM

Jul 2011
greenmush said:
silvermoon8573 said:
Sartaj said:
Iilia said:

My god I was thinking the exact same thing. Just sitting over him crying and talking while he's bound to a chair, seriously what the hell?

i was also thinking the same thing. it ruined the scene for me. but i never liked haruka anyways so i probably wouldn't have been touched by the scene anyways. i did enjoy the part where yakumo said he wasn't dead though. lol.

yea seriously? she should have untied him first then talk all this shit on the way out.

This.

So... now we know his backstory. What the hell will the last 4 episodes be about?
Feb 6, 2013 2:35 PM

May 2012
Damn that was good! It seemed like the ending although there are still 4 episodes left so I wonder what's next actually, for me the story rounded of pretty good here and everything ended well quite touching and nicely!

Maybe we'll see a bit more development between those two? The last ending was quite nice with the concert! Lets see what's next though!
Apr 20, 2013 10:22 AM

Feb 2011
So many twists my head hurts.
Jul 23, 2013 6:01 AM

Aug 2007
Hum.
I was expecting something better since the last episode was decent.
This series really is just a huge disappointment.

Jan 28, 2014 8:40 AM

Apr 2012
for some reason I was hoping they where brother n sister
Aug 2, 2014 3:08 PM

Jan 2014
Great episode,sad at the moments but i'm glad that everyone is alive :)
Jan 18, 2015 2:53 PM

Jul 2012
and finally this arc ends.

hope the last four eps are better.
May 24, 2015 2:53 AM

Jan 2012
what depressing life have yakumo.

Nov 21, 2015 5:47 AM

Mar 2010
I like it and wasnt too bothered by silly things. I mean I dont take anime too seriously anyways..

To ne it was sad and touching but yeah indeed didnt get why he was still tied up (and in the meanwhile if they were unlucky and he was still tied and the evil guys would show up he couldve done nothing :') )
May 16, 2016 3:55 AM

Jul 2008
My god these cops are incompetent, do you not have guns?!

SHOOT THOSE MOFO'S!!!
Apr 19, 2018 8:39 PM

Aug 2014
Not sure I get why people are complaining about the untying ropes part. She legit thought he was dead the moment she saw him. So, she was basically overcome with emotions at that point and broke down trying to plead to him not to give up on living.

Now, the part where the cops legit did nothing and even Gotou getting stunned again was pretty stupid. I guess they needed a way for the exposition to happen.

Overall, a very touching episode that brought some tears to my eyes. Even if some parts were silly. It's a good story, and you know what, that's all I ask for. If the story is enjoyable, that's fine by me.
Nov 29, 2020 8:23 AM

Jul 2011
Those cops are so incompetent.
Gotou falling for the same trick twice and the other doing nothing is pretty bad, especially since they had the element of surprise.
Also Haruka is lucky she is a main character or she would have died so many times already.
Jun 28, 2021 10:41 AM

Jun 2016
Thank God that arc is finally over and done with. I don't think I could stand any more coincidences happening.

Still confused about how people in the world feel and react towards spirits and ghosts. Everyone seemed to be able to see Takeda in physical form. I don't think the show did a great job explaining the rules. Although, I may just be naive to such details.

The soundtrack can go kindly fuck itself. Forced sad music to emit some emotion from me only makes me angry instead.
A-Simple-SquireJun 28, 2021 10:45 AM

Oct 16, 2022 6:14 PM

Jul 2012
This is a whole new level of stupidity, my god.
Jan 5, 2023 1:56 PM

Mar 2019
Happy ending after all, and a touching finale to this story. I wonder what Yakumo's father is going to do, now that Yakumo knows the secret.

Also Haruka crying and giving that generic speech instead of actually untying Yakumo was funny in a bad way. Good thing the villain didn't appear.
Alex_TheForestJan 5, 2023 2:01 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 10, 1:45 AM

Dec 2022
What an idiot Goto is. He knows this bitch has a taser, yet the most effective attempt at neutralising her he could come up with is the worst attempt at a chokehold ever, not even restraining her arms in the process. Even just tackling her from behind and pinning her arms behind her back would be more efficient than that.

Also, Japanese police officers are authorised to carry firearms (which is usually a revolver), so you'd think a detective would have one, but Goto seems to have absolutely no weapons at all. If he wasn't trained in useful martial arts for subduing criminals like judo or ju-jitsu—which every law enforcement officer should be—then what is he doing out in the field with no weapon?

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 26, 2010

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 19, 2010

48 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2010

52 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2010

65 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 2:39 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 21, 2010

63 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 12:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.