MyAnimeList.net

Episode Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 8 Discussion

Pages (4) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2] 3.2 »
Poll: Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 8 Discussion


11-27-10, 6:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 5081
agent535 said:

Inarius said:
in any case...Sairi wasn't supposed to have them that big :O (she was supposed to be Saten sized)....but I guess the anime will sell better on dvd/bluray if she does

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/6101/1290856809126.jpg


then again, fanservice in anime would sell more if girls have bigger breasts..

but seriously, this is one of those rare times when i would actually get interested in large-breasted anime girls... :))
everything is bigger after Animated -.-"
 
11-27-10, 6:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1830
belatkuro said:
But seriously, if Touma calls bumping in naked girls and falling in boobs misfortune, I wonder what good fortune is to him? ;)

getting laird with every girl he bumped into...I can't think of anything better than that XD
 
11-27-10, 7:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
Inarius said:
belatkuro said:
But seriously, if Touma calls bumping in naked girls and falling in boobs misfortune, I wonder what good fortune is to him? ;)

getting laird with every girl he bumped into...I can't think of anything better than that XD
Having a harem to unload every day with a different girl. How about that? Oh! BTW looks like the episode attracted another nice article about it:
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/11/27/to-aru-oppai-service-episode/
Also Thomson the way she wear her pants kind of reminds of a girl IRL that did that, kind got a sexy feeling off of that so this anime episode with Thomson made me be reminded. Just being honest about partially how I felt about Thomson.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
11-27-10, 8:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 330
Touma is really popular with girls. XD.
I'm looking forward to see the rest of the event and the winner school. Look forward to the winner of the bet.

 
11-27-10, 9:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 162
That was quite the light-hearted episode. Glad to see the tournament is underway, and I'm looking forwards to seeing the winner of the bet (probably gonna be Touma, in a ridiculous manner). Either way, it's gonna be jokes.

There's also pretty excessive fanservice this time. The black-haired girl (repeatedly), Index, and the new mage...it really is a bit much. I didn't think this show was into impossibly-sized breasts, but I guess I was wrong =/

Not to mention, another one is added to Touma's ever-increasing harem.

The best part had to be Mikoto abducting Touma out of nowhere and leaving Index behind, and after that Kuroko's reaction. Always funny :D

Wonder what's gonna happen later regarding the sword and the mages. In any case, the tournament better not be suspended -__-
 
11-27-10, 9:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 178
Lold at Fukiyose walking into what looked like a threesome with Touma, Index and the mini teacher. Touma calling that misfortune gives him a -1
 
11-27-10, 9:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2252
Oho! I spy an indirect kiss between Touma and Mikoto. Gotta love Mikoto's vivid imagination.
 
11-27-10, 9:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5081
belatkuro said:

But seriously, if Touma calls bumping in naked girls and falling in boobs misfortune, I wonder what good fortune is to him? ;)
That part is the the misfortune. The mistfortune is getting hit and mistreated after he bumps into naked girls and falls in boobs (or getting bitten or slapped after accidental kisses). The girls or think Touma is a pervert, what about that makes it good luck?

 
11-27-10, 10:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 4955
Leon-Gun said:
belatkuro said:
But seriously, if Touma calls bumping in naked girls and falling in boobs misfortune, I wonder what good fortune is to him? ;)
That part is the the misfortune. The mistfortune is getting hit and mistreated after he bumps into naked girls and falls in boobs (or getting bitten or slapped after accidental kisses). The girls or think Touma is a pervert, what about that makes it good luck?
Uh, that was a rhetorical question. I'm surprised someone answered it :))
 
11-27-10, 10:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1165
Inarius said:
my body wasn't ready


I hope Touma beats the shit out of her
Modified by desolato, 11-28-10, 5:07 AM
Ok™
 
11-27-10, 10:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3415
I find Mikoto is much more likable and interesting when Touma is around. their b et was a nice touch. Fukiyose sure has some rather large boobs Touma got to see, he's building a harem?!

still find Index and the loli teacher pretty annoying but the rest was decent this time.
 
11-27-10, 10:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 240
linnaes said:
That was quite the light-hearted episode. Glad to see the tournament is underway, and I'm looking forwards to seeing the winner of the bet (probably gonna be Touma, in a ridiculous manner). Either way, it's gonna be jokes.

There's also pretty excessive fanservice this time. The black-haired girl (repeatedly), Index, and the new mage...it really is a bit much. I didn't think this show was into impossibly-sized breasts, but I guess I was wrong =/

Not to mention, another one is added to Touma's ever-increasing harem.

The best part had to be Mikoto abducting Touma out of nowhere and leaving Index behind, and after that Kuroko's reaction. Always funny :D

Wonder what's gonna happen later regarding the sword and the mages. In any case, the tournament better not be suspended -__-




Best part of this arc is Tsuchimikado.
 
11-27-10, 10:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1
Does anyone know the name of the song that plays in the background when Touma meets Stiyl and Tsuchimikado?
 
11-27-10, 11:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 13050
Inarius said:
my body wasn't ready



My body is always ready.
Also i loved the new girls style of wearing her clothes.

Jrittmayer said:
Hmmm, is it just me or is the whole drama thing between Touma, Misaka etc more exciting than the actual plot ? (Whatever the plot may be XD)


Well for this episode it was because there was no plot since we were finished with the previews story. The plot barely started this episode and it's going to escalate from now on.

Well except the usual Index staff about food the other parts were kind of nice and the episode wasn't unpleasant.

BTW Mikoto looks like a little copy of her mother and i was kind of sad we didn't see more interaction with the parents.
Modified by desolato, 11-28-10, 5:08 AM
 
11-27-10, 12:16 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 626
lots of fanservice in this episode, looks like the plot is going to unravel next episode...i'm expecting a huge brawl in academy city
 
11-27-10, 12:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1146
Remember when this show was good without having to resort to shitty fanservice every other scene? I don't. This is just laughable.
 
11-27-10, 1:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 433
I didn't like episode 2-5 , but now Index 2 gets really good ^^

This Arc seems interesting and all the misaka moments already make this a win :)

4/5
yuno6.jpg
 
11-27-10, 1:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 14793
Confucius said:
Index reminds me of Gluttony from FMA lol

Except Gluttony is more likable than index....

Divine_Judgement said:
Remember when this show was good without having to resort to shitty fanservice every other scene? I don't. This is just laughable.

This show was never as good as you're probably remembering, of course the Accelerator and Mikoto arcs in Season 1 were the best, everything else seemed random and out of place.

Either way, I enjoyed the fanservice to this episode....I just don't want the INDEXFAGS to complain about how much "plot" and how "serious" this show really is.....IT'S NOT!!!
Momo>Sports>Breaking Bad>Anime

Momo=Coke, Yami=Pepsi, Mikan=Sunkist, Yui=Dr. Pepper, Lala=Diet Coke, Nana=RC Cola
 
11-27-10, 1:41 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 8310
Anyone else really like Komoe Sensei...?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
 
11-27-10, 1:42 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 8310
Divine_Judgement said:
Remember when this show was good without having to resort to shitty fanservice every other scene? I don't. This is just laughable.


Yes, there are more fanservice in this season, sequels almost always fail, but it doesn't matter because this show is just is too fun to frown at.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
 
11-27-10, 1:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2309
Misaka is so cute :D
 
11-27-10, 1:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 240
Confucius said:
Divine_Judgement said:
Remember when this show was good without having to resort to shitty fanservice every other scene? I don't. This is just laughable.


Yes, there are more fanservice in this season, sequels almost always fail, but it doesn't matter because this show is just is too fun to frown at.


They're just rushing the LN to Anime adaptation a bit. Keep in mind if we go by the LN, we'll have a third season for sure for World War III. The show from this point on will start to get more serious and plot driven, so enjoy the fan service while it lasts. Index's biting habits are about to end, too.
 
11-27-10, 2:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 34
It was a good episode for an intro to the arc, though it's a little letdown compared to ep7. My main gripe is that there wasn't much character development. Almost everyone got some showtime, but I don't feel like we learned much about the people. Or maybe not as much as we could've. Maybe Himegami could've been developed more, or Tsuchimikado's sister could've commented on Touma's girl-chasing habits.

On the bright side, there were some great moments, like seeing Touma's father fall into the same helping-women trap as Touma (and judging my his mother's response, that's where Touma gets it from). Misaka was fun too. I still think they could work in Saten in Uiharu scenes. Poor Kuroko in a wheelchair.

Touma accidentally not being bit by Index was a high point. The name "Stab Sword" was a real low point. I'm surprised they didn't squash together some Latin or French to give it a more interesting name. Also, too much fanservice, though I can't fault them too much for trying to boost ratings.
 
11-27-10, 2:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1
Misaka's mom = Makoto Kino (ok, her VA also voices Negi and her mother has Sailor Jupiter's voice. no wonder she controls electricity)

Touma's mom = Belldandy XD
 
11-27-10, 2:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 672
Haha, love how easy he gets in trouble.

(way to much fan-service)...



 
11-27-10, 6:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 1164
Cheerleader Index? Eye candy :)
And some nice Mikoto x Touma development
 
11-27-10, 7:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
Confucius said:
Anyone else really like Komoe Sensei...?
Yeah me! For her DFC and small size! We all have some loli desires, most of us.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
11-27-10, 9:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2824
HOT.
Touma building up a epic harem ^^;;

Oriana is by far the hottest :) But hot chicks always turn out to be villains ( T_T)

And need more ToumaXMisaka!

And anyone notice?
 
11-27-10, 9:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 34
DeathReaper said:
And anyone notice?


yeah I noticed that too. It's always a good laugh to see see computer stuff animated.

Also, I didn't realize how long Laura Stewart's hair was... is she pulling a Samson reference or something?
 
11-27-10, 10:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 597
Delicious fanservice in this episode i quite enjoyed the boobies alsooo That Thomson girl seems interesting can't wait to see what her powers are :)


 
11-27-10, 11:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 588
Oriana Thompson is hot and by hot I mean daaaamn she's hot. Touma, you've got great taste there. Oh right, the episode. It was interesting. Lots of amusing moments this time. I didn't care much for.... whatever her name was with the extra big boobs. I had more to say but currently I can only think of Oriana's scenes.... ah well, back to daydreaming.
 
11-28-10, 1:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 60
Sartaj said:
Confucius said:
Divine_Judgement said:
Remember when this show was good without having to resort to shitty fanservice every other scene? I don't. This is just laughable.


Yes, there are more fanservice in this season, sequels almost always fail, but it doesn't matter because this show is just is too fun to frown at.


They're just rushing the LN to Anime adaptation a bit. Keep in mind if we go by the LN, we'll have a third season for sure for World War III. The show from this point on will start to get more serious and plot driven, so enjoy the fan service while it lasts. Index's biting habits are about to end, too.


I agree with that. For us who read the Light Novels, this is just the beggining of the show, from this now, we'll get more in the magic side, so Mikoto's role will become less important (for all the Mikotofags who believe this is still Railgun). And the other important girl of the next almost 10 novels, Itsuwa
will get full attention, at least until the next important girl, Leesar
appears.
Modified by monolith, 11-28-10, 1:22 AM
 
11-28-10, 3:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2156
Sigh, it's certain. Index has also been hit by the fanservice storm.
Oh well. I guess JC Staff had no choice. They had to make SOME money after all the flops they made. (Kaichou, UraBoku, Ookami-san, Bakuman)
Dat non-functional bbcode
 
11-28-10, 4:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1
STM said:
Sigh, it's certain. Index has also been hit by the fanservice storm.
Oh well. I guess JC Staff had no choice. They had to make SOME money after all the flops they made. (Kaichou, UraBoku, Ookami-san, Bakuman)


There's nothing wrong with Ookami-san and Bakuman.. i actually quite like them O.o

Anyway, great episeode, really loved it :)
 
11-28-10, 4:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2156
I meant flop as in the show hasn't sold a lot of copies.
As of now, Bakuman is the least pre-ordered show of this season.
Ookami-san only sold about 1300 copies, which is absolutely pathetic.
Dat non-functional bbcode
 
11-28-10, 4:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 5769
STM said:
Sigh, it's certain. Index has also been hit by the fanservice storm.
Oh well. I guess JC Staff had no choice.

Well, they only pretty faithfully adapted novel material. Except Seiri's boob upgrade, all fanservice shoots are taken from original material.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
 
11-28-10, 5:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1271
good episode really but it felt a bit rushed though, can't wait for the next one
 
11-28-10, 5:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2104
STM said:
Ookami-san only sold about 1300 copies, which is absolutely pathetic.
I pity the 1300 buyers.

Funny episode and Touma really does have a bad luck though it seemed like he was in heaven this episode XD

HAREM!
...no no to loli sensei.
 
11-28-10, 8:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 17147
Yumekichi11 said:
Confucius said:
Anyone else really like Komoe Sensei...?
Yeah me! For her DFC and small size! We all have some loli desires, most of us.


Plus she drinks and smokes which appeals to some people, I would have a drink with her.

Then give her the time of her life when she's drunk


 
11-28-10, 9:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
Hoppy said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Confucius said:
Anyone else really like Komoe Sensei...?
Yeah me! For her DFC and small size! We all have some loli desires, most of us.
Plus she drinks and smokes which appeals to some people, I would have a drink with her.Then give her the time of her life when she's drunk
I agree with you on that one and to add to that she can prover her age to be over 18 so all in all a pleasant appearance in this series.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
11-28-10, 9:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 281
Well, episode felt a bit rushed, but the overall pace seems about right, we're one third through vol 9, with each volume being 3 episodes, it looks promising enough.
But yay, Touma getting grapped by Mikoto. <3
And Index with her fail-biting, fucking finally! (I absolutly and truly hate her for her biting.)
To all novel readers:
Am I the only one, or did Fukiyose's breasts seem a BIT too big in contrast to the novel?
 
11-28-10, 10:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 305
Lot of fanservice
Lot of touma
lot of Index
lot of Biribiri
Lot of breast


Fun factor>>>> 100%
 
11-28-10, 10:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 5081
Xeo said:
Well, episode felt a bit rushed, but the overall pace seems about right, we're one third through vol 9, with each volume being 3 episodes, it looks promising enough.
But yay, Touma getting grapped by Mikoto. <3
And Index with her fail-biting, fucking finally! (I absolutly and truly hate her for her biting.)
To all novel readers:
Am I the only one, or did Fukiyose's breasts seem a BIT too big in contrast to the novel?
Not by as much as the fanboys claim. They were just a bit more balloon-shaped.

As for the super-fast pace, if they really want to get to the meat of the Index plot by next season they have no choice but to rush in the more meaningless scenes (meaning almost everything related to Mikoto, yes I just said it, deal with it Railgun fanboys).

 
11-28-10, 11:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
Haven't really said my take on this episode but people are missing a nice point around, Touma's father! More precisely like father like son

after he is quite attracted to Misaka's mom despite having Touma's mom getting super angry next to him and did you all see the rack Misaka's mother has? It sure looks promising for Misaka to have bigger breasts in the future. Another interesting things was the stab sword that kills Saints in one stab. Can Touma destroy it? It would sure solve lots of problems should he get rid of even a replica. Now we all know how Touma is a lucky bastard with Fukiyose
I also think Touma knows very well how much times he did that to Index Just he does not remember them all since he had a memory problem.
Leon-Gun said:
Xeo said:
Well, episode felt a bit rushed, but the overall pace seems about right, we're one third through vol 9, with each volume being 3 episodes, it looks promising enough.
But yay, Touma getting grapped by Mikoto. <3
And Index with her fail-biting, fucking finally! (I absolutly and truly hate her for her biting.)
To all novel readers:
Am I the only one, or did Fukiyose's breasts seem a BIT too big in contrast to the novel?
Not by as much as the fanboys claim. They were just a bit more balloon-shaped.
Really? Oh wow, so she has them Ds! Fukiyose does have her charms, it looks like her character is a don't mind if you look at my breasts. Because Touma looked at her when she was wet to only see her bra but you see here, her reaction was not common like most other girls would be typically in animes. Furthermore her bag throwing towards because her almost naked, looked to me kind of "I do that because I am a girl" thing.
Leon-Gun said:
As for the super-fast pace, if they really want to get to the meat of the Index plot by next season they have no choice but to rush in the more meaningless scenes (meaning almost everything related to Mikoto, yes I just said it, deal with it Railgun fanboys).
Nooooooo! Ok, so can we have those scenes in Railgun? Could they put them in the second season of Railgun? Also can you spoil in regards to what Magnus finds out at the preview for next episode?
Modified by Yumekichi11, 11-28-10, 12:23 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
11-28-10, 11:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 643
Shit episode overall, and boring season so far, but I find it good that the main character is manning up a bit and would actually accept that kiss, unlike most anime leads.

Useless fan-service is useless, but we should know it's that type of show by now after watching all the previous ones. I can ignore the useless bits as long as I get some electrocuting goodness once in a while. Pity there hasn't been much of it.
 
11-28-10, 11:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10142
STM said:
Sigh, it's certain. Index has also been hit by the fanservice storm.
Oh well. I guess JC Staff had no choice. They had to make SOME money after all the flops they made. (Kaichou, UraBoku, Ookami-san, Bakuman)
I agree with you, there is too much fan service but it's the pleasant stuff before the ugly as someone mentions how dark it can get. I want to see people die for real in this series!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
 
11-28-10, 2:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1500
Awesome episode xD
 
11-28-10, 7:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 533
The series just keeps getting better and better!
 
11-28-10, 8:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 665
Absolutely loved every second of this episode. From the moment I watched the trailer for last week, I knew this episode would be awesome. (^.^) Komoe-sensei needed way more air-time! I wa so glad to see her, and never got a whole, complete scene. Seiri was quite the star stud of the episode. Her and her large chest and all seemed to be the centre of the episode for the most part. Index was hilarious in her scene at the park. Also, when she attempted to bite Touma, but failed. All in all, if you didn't like this episode, somethings wrong with you! :P Absolutely looking forward to the next! (Trailer reveals Touma leaning forward to someone or something!)

grklein said:
I give up, dropped, it's even worse than the first season, it seems that this series will never have any real plot.
:( That's too bad. When it starts to develop in a good sense, hopefully you'll change your mind.

Mod edit: Please don't double post. -Chavez.
Modified by Chavez, 11-29-10, 5:01 AM
 
11-29-10, 2:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2143
DeathReaper said:

And anyone notice?

WINDOW 7!!

Anyway to be honest I'm only watching season 2 because I knew Oriana and Fukiyose was going to be animated. WWIII is when it really kicks ass.
 
Top
Pages (4) « 0.2 1.2 [2.2] 3.2 »