Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 24, 2010 1:41 PM

Nov 2008
I thought they could blend the two chapters as one episode but in the end, they made alternate view with the same situation. There goes my expectation but it's still fun.

a little bit of rage:
1. Elsie didn't see Keima gulp the whole cake! щ(゚Д゚щ)
2. Elsie didn't lick his face! щ(゚Д゚щ)
3. Kodama sensei's head wasn't big enough when he screams! XDD
4. There wasn't a mini Kodama sensei head inside his mouth when he opened his mouth wide! XDD
5. Keima wasn't thinking of Elsie as a capturing target! щ(゚Д゚щ)

...well at least Keima's mother showed up in the screen m/

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Nov 24, 2010 2:15 PM

Sep 2007
I don't really understand why this show has such a high rating. The comedy isn't really that great and there's barely any semblance of a plot. There's hardly any character development either. So someone enlighten me as to why so many people constantly call the show of the season.

This show needs more milf fyi.
WasabiNov 24, 2010 2:22 PM
Nov 24, 2010 2:16 PM

May 2009
Hawt mom :]
Nov 24, 2010 2:43 PM
Sep 2010
Useless ep but... Elsie ED was cute! That makes me reaaaaallllyyyyy happy!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
raiburari |

Nov 24, 2010 2:55 PM

Oct 2009
I have a feeling that the 12th episode will be another "useless" episode.

Anyhow, okay episode + fanservice. Elsie can be cute at times.

Nov 24, 2010 3:08 PM

Dec 2009
I don't mind these "non girl-capturing"-episodes, but they feel really awkward compared to the rest of the series, it's like they don't fit in. I wish for something like this to be something bigger than a small event like the two so far and that spans over more episodes. Maybe then it will be better.

Good episode nonetheless
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Nov 24, 2010 3:23 PM

Nov 2009
A hilarious episode, I really enjoy the episodes in between arcs. I hope they keep some of the great scenes that were in the manga, I would hate to see certain jokes left out.

And the lunchbox is tough.... Took out a dragon, not gonna lie, that's pretty impressive.
Nov 24, 2010 3:29 PM

Nov 2010
How to Cook by Elsie Katsuragi

Step 1: Place your microwave oven in a bonfire!
Step 2: Bring sugar and eggs from hell
Step 3: It will instantly create chaos and disaster!

I more week till the firetruck!
http://www.youtube.com/users/ssdrwh0

Yes... I am currently making "Not Another Abridged Series"
Nov 24, 2010 3:51 PM

Mar 2009
anyone noticed the Totoro reference in Elsie's point of view hahaha.
Nov 24, 2010 3:55 PM

Sep 2007
Boring episode is boring :/

Nov 24, 2010 3:57 PM

Nov 2009
Wasabi said:
I don't really understand why this show has such a high rating. The comedy isn't really that great and there's barely any semblance of a plot. There's hardly any character development either. So someone enlighten me as to why so many people constantly call the show of the season.

This show needs more milf fyi.

Difficult question. Of course this appeals differently for everyone. For me the humor at times is enjoyable and the conquering doesn't take itself too seriously. Usually humor would fall the waste side to make the plots over-dramatic. The way i see it is they aren't aiming for that. Unlike the usual galge harem adaptions, I can accept the fact that he isn't trying to save all these girls and has no ulterior motives, but he wants to save his own life by trying to win them over. Not the top of the season for me though, will have to struggle for that spot.

As far as the episode i thought it was rather enjoyable for a filler episode. I LOVED when she cooked the microwave, and the fight on the roof. Otherwise i didn't enjoy the episode too much.
(Good 7/10)
Nov 24, 2010 4:03 PM

Mar 2009
and shout out Keima's mom is hot!
Nov 24, 2010 4:15 PM

Apr 2008
lolol the lunch eat the dragon xD

Nov 24, 2010 4:18 PM

Apr 2010
just read the manga chapter after watching the episode.. damn, how could they omit the best part of the story..

anyway, hope Shiori's arc will already start next week, her story is the one I'm waiting from the start.. XD
tinman21Nov 24, 2010 4:24 PM
Nov 24, 2010 4:21 PM

Sep 2009
why did they cut the part where Elsie licked Keima, and Keima eating the crushed cake?

oh well, at least I got a full body shot of Keima's mom...and she's hot!

but lmao at her panicking when she thought someone broke in, even tho it was Keima....for a former bike member she sure is a pussy XD
InariusNov 24, 2010 4:25 PM
Nov 24, 2010 4:50 PM

Jul 2009
Wasabi said:

Same reason as to why the likes of Angel Bitch or Oreimo have such high rating?

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Nov 24, 2010 4:55 PM

Apr 2010
I'm glad that the anime got me interested in the manga, which is much, much better than the anime.
I really wish they stuck to the manga and gave us this scene:

or at least:

And Chihiro's eyes looked really weird in this episode. Or was it my imagination?
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Nov 24, 2010 5:15 PM

Sep 2009
tinman21 said:
just read the manga chapter after watching the episode.. damn, how could they omit the best part of the story..
no way!? which chapter is it?

Anyways, episode sucked in all means.
Godzilla. Pokemon creatures (???), Baccano's timeline style.

The sensei has cracked fashion sense.
Elsie is cute.
Was the song during baking necessary? It was bad.

Agreed Wasabi. The show does not deserve the hype its receiving.
Nov 24, 2010 5:24 PM

Nov 2010
Inarius said:

Epic reaction :D

Yeah, it's a pity that they left out some of the best bits. (including the teacher looking delusional after an incident in the manga)

Nov 24, 2010 5:33 PM

Aug 2008
I loved this episode, the nonlinear way of representing each person's perspective~ The power of the PFP, allows you to increase strength in RL~
Nov 24, 2010 5:51 PM

Jun 2009
Wasabi said:

Allow me to explain.
The manga of this show is actually really really good. However a chapter would only take about 5-3 minutes to read. Your basic arc would be 3 chapters in total. So in fifteen minutes or so you could get though a girls arc. Now converted to anime this is going at a much slower pace. Thus it is dragging. Not to mention the animators are not pulling off the comedy correctly and omitting some really great jokes. These capturing arcs is all build up and becomes much more important in the later parts of the show.

Anyway taking out the cake eating and his apology made Keima into a asshole here. And why do you omit the jokes Mangalobe?

Elsie: "Kami-nii-Sama is too cold to me! I'm 300 years older than you, you know!"
Keima: "What's with that? I have lived for 10000 years......in a game"

Also they took out the part where Keima started to think up a route to restore their relationship. And the point where Keima finds Elsie in the destroyed classroom, thinks "How did she make things end up like this?", and is lost in thought for a moment till "DING!"

If you are going to screw with the Canon animators then at least don't take out the parts that are great.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Nov 24, 2010 5:55 PM

Jul 2010
Didn't really care for this episode at all. In the beginning I even thought I had clicked on the wrong show to watch because of the crappy fanservice. It was supposed to be a funny episode, but I didn't really laugh. I'd have rather watched them "capturing" another girl. The only part I really liked was when Keima was doing track and pulled out his PFP. Oh, and I kind of liked how they showed things from different perspectives, too.
Nov 24, 2010 5:57 PM

Apr 2009
Elsie is sososo cute.
Nov 24, 2010 6:19 PM

Nov 2008
FUUUUUUU I'm still in rage about this episode! They removed a lot of good parts from the manga DX I reread the 2 chapters in the manga and I can imagine the 2 chapters blend altogether... Why Manglobe!? This is the first manga adaptation fail!(for me) People who don't read the manga will really not appreciate the series if they keep on doing this... щ(゚Д゚щ) ...well in the end, beggars can't be choosers xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Nov 24, 2010 6:23 PM

Oct 2010
Kanade-chan said:
wow. The bentou is the strongest!

For sure. The ending was crazy. I thought Keima's mom had exterminated the dragon, but it was the bentou LOL LOL.
Nov 24, 2010 6:34 PM

May 2008
animelly said:

I wish I was like Keima. Getting perfect grades and not paying attention in class.

He said he paid attention while playing the games, though i agree i wish i was like him :)

they nvr said why Keima was eating the cake but expected haha even though he didnt like sweet stuff he still ate her cake

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 24, 2010 6:54 PM

Feb 2009
The only thing I have to say about this episode is that the underworld food are sure is dangerous.
Nov 24, 2010 6:55 PM

Mar 2008
Just an okay episode...
I really like these chapters in the manga... To see the anime give me difference impression (not in a good way), make me a little bit disappointed...
I like how the manga delivering the story better than how the anime did it... Agree with everyone. This episode could be better if they don't take away that certain parts from manga... All the scenes especially the part where Keima eat Elsie's cake, omitted in the anime, make me less enjoying this episode. We can't see another part where Keima show his soft side toward Elsie :'(

I also dislike the design of Chihiro in this episode when she is talking to Elsie about the cake.
Where is my Chihiro in ep1? щ(゚Д゚щ)

Anyway, aside from that, it still okay... The insert song, 'Oh My God', blend well with the scene and I like the scene where Elsie still in process of making the cake...
Lol at "...put in the oven and bake at 190 degree..." ^o^
Elsie really makes my day, lol... ^o^
Also, lol at Kodama... ^o^
Like it when they show how the mandragon been eaten by the bento-creature. How Keima supposed to eat the bento if the bento even stronger than the mandragon, lol...

Elsie version of Koi no Shirushi (ED)... \(^o^)/

Hmm~ I never thought the PE jacket for boys will have blue in color. I thought it is red, like the one that the track team wore...

And, I found Yoshino Asami, a character from light novel:
Nov 24, 2010 7:07 PM

Nov 2008
^Now you mention that... I've never seen Ayumi in the classroom o.o Well the blank seat at the back is the seat of Kanon who is at work at that moment xDD

Nov 24, 2010 7:20 PM

Jul 2008
They changed some things from the manga but it was overall a good episode.

Too bad I wanted to see

Still they kept Elscie puting the cake in the microwave and the microwave over a fire so I forgive them.
Nov 24, 2010 7:26 PM

Mar 2008
Ayumi was shown in the classroom several times... In episode 2, she is beside Elsie in the beginning of the episode... In this episode, here she is :

And yeah, the blank one is Kanon's. Didn't realize it earlier... XDD
Nov 24, 2010 7:43 PM

Sep 2008
Comedy was nice, though they omitted some funny parts in the manga :<
also they managed to put another character song into an episode. so i guess its possible they would put songs in shiori's arc as well. i still expect a fire truck song

Things that I wanted to see animated from the manga but got omitted:
Nov 24, 2010 7:46 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, I was laughing out loud at so many scenes in this episode. I enjoyed it much more than I think I should be. (Haha cooking a microwave)

I was disappointed that they left some more epic jokes again though. But the episode still being good in its own right makes me forgive them . . . for now ;P
Nov 24, 2010 8:24 PM

Jul 2009
Conqueringgodess said:
Too bad I wanted to see

Wat?!! 0.o

Ah ha ha ha... ^_^;;;

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Nov 24, 2010 9:20 PM

Nov 2010
I sometimes feel that TWGOK is being oppressed by reasonable opinions about TWGOK not actually being a good show...

I thought it is...

:(

Nov 24, 2010 9:30 PM

Aug 2008
Meh... could have lived without this episode. Oh well, Elcy was cute.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 24, 2010 9:38 PM

Aug 2009
That teacher was whaaaaaack; good episode. Poor Elsie :( She just kept trying to please Keima with her cake and then it was ruined by a motherfucking dragon.
Nov 24, 2010 9:46 PM
Nov 2010
it was alright, i guess :L i honestly thought it was kind of boring, especially the same thing being played over and over again through different perspectives. regardless, still love this anime, that was just filler anyway :')
Nov 24, 2010 9:59 PM

Jun 2010
I don't know if it was because I was in a good mood or something, but this was definitely the funniest episode of the anime so far. I was lmao'ing the whole time!

An Elcea arc would be nice, I agree. Speaking of the arcs, I wonder how and if they are going to address all of the pent up romance-emotion Keima is accumulating from making all those girls fall in love with him...
Nov 24, 2010 10:04 PM
Mar 2009
Ehh...that singing part was kind of weird. Kodama's voice does not fit him at all.

Aren't they missing the part where

Bento eating the mandragon was lol.
Nov 24, 2010 11:05 PM

May 2010
I loved Elsie's song, it was pretty good.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Nov 24, 2010 11:11 PM
Jul 2018
All in all, a pretty good episode. But let's get to the story now. :D
Nov 24, 2010 11:22 PM

Oct 2007
What a bad sign from Manglobe. Just when I think they did fine for the last 7 episodes, they just removed some dialogues and scenes of eps 8 from manga :(
Nov 25, 2010 12:10 AM

Aug 2009
Just let you guys know, this is an only episode that Wakaki (the actual mangaka of TWGOK) wrote a script. It's not manglobe who removed parts, it's actually author himself~~~ u.u~~
Nov 25, 2010 1:26 AM

Sep 2008
interesting note. it was one thing that the different views was interesting, but im still wondering why he decided to remove some parts completely. you would think the ending of it would be kept in at least.
Nov 25, 2010 2:16 AM

May 2010
good ep, cant get enough of elsie's cuteness =D

~Nyaaa~

Nov 25, 2010 2:29 AM

Oct 2009
take Elise creature away >_< back to the main story
Nov 25, 2010 2:43 AM

Mar 2008
Well it was a funny ep.

Bug Demon^^

garfield15 said:

Side note: Keima's mom is really hot.

Nov 25, 2010 2:48 AM

Feb 2010
great ep after the boring kanon arc exactly what we needed and lol so many rnd Mari fanservice
Nov 25, 2010 2:54 AM

Sep 2010
Well... that was different.
Keima's mom is hot, but it's not hard to see why she's single.
That Kodama guy is really laughable.
Bento saves the day!
This ED was also nice.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

reireireireirei - Dec 22, 2010

345 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 12, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 3, 2010

198 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 11, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2010

247 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 11, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Inarius - Oct 6, 2010

364 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 5, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2010

212 by Antanaru »»
Nov 20, 2023 3:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.